Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ryley Walker Fire TV Stick Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM
Profile for MMN > Reviews

Browse

MMN's Profile

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

MMN RSS Feed (Phoenix, AZ)

Page: 1 | 2
1byone Window Antenna 35 Miles Super Thin HDTV Antenna with 20ft Coaxial Cable, Extreme Soft Design and Lightweight
Offered by 1byone Products Inc.
Price: $32.99
7 used & new from $14.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good TV Antena, August 29, 2015
Super easy installation. Works great. I get nearly a dozen local channels and the reception is crystal clear. Very happy with purchase.

Ring Wi-Fi Enabled Video Doorbell
Ring Wi-Fi Enabled Video Doorbell
Offered by OnyxMicro
Price: $175.00
57 used & new from $144.70

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good (but not perfect) Video Doorbell, August 29, 2015
I bought my Ring Doorbell at Lowes for the same price as on Amazon. I bought Ring after more than a year of research. The big disadvantage with other cameras was the need for a plug-point for power; with Ring you use the existing doorbell wiring. Installation was very easy - even though I am not handy at all, I was able to install the Ring Doorbell with no issues.
The doorbell function works great. Two days after I installed this I was on a business trip and got an alert that the doorbell had been activated. It was the FedEx driver with a package needing a signature. I was able to have two-way communication with her letting her know no one was home and to leave the slip for signature on the door. She let me know she will back tomorrow. So the doorbell feature worked great.
What has not worked so well is motion-detection. As others have pointed out, most often I get the backside of people leaving and not their front view. It was windy one day and I got a lot of false alerts due to the tree leaves moving in the wind. Ring does have motion zones you can set and they work quite well - I was able to mostly suppress the false alerts from traffic on the street in front of my house.
Overall a great product. Installation was a breeze, the doorbell feature works great, the video and audio quality are great. The only knock is on the motion-sensing abilities. I know motion-sensing can be tricky, but I hope Ring will tweak their software soon to make this feature better.
Overall I am very happy with Ring Doorbell.
Amended: 9/17/2015
The motion detection feature continues to annoy me. In spite of lowering the range of motion detection and sensitivity, I still get about 10 false motion detection alerts a day. I have set the range to the minimum 5 ft. but I still get these false alerts when a school bus or garbage truck is on the road which is at least 15 ft from the doorbell. I hope Ring will issue a software update to make motion detection work better. Otherwise a great product.

Reach Access Flosser
Reach Access Flosser
Offered by Health and beauty and more for less
Price: $10.38
5 used & new from $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, May 16, 2013
I have always had difficulty flossing, being unable to fingers to the back of my mouth in order to floss using regular floss. I stumbled on Reach Access Flosser and this thing really works. Flossing using Reach Access Flosser is very similar to brushing your teeth. This works very well. My days of frustration with flossing are over. Highly recommend this product.

Sony Alpha SLT-a35 16 MP Digital SLR Kit with Translucent Mirror Technology and 18-55mm Lens
13 used & new from $245.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Camera and I am perfectly happy, November 3, 2011
I bought the Sony Alpha 35 after much research and I am very happy with my purchase. Within a month of buying it I took it with me on my vacation to Italy. The camera functioned flawlessly. Since I was on vacation and doing a lot of sightseeing in crowded places, I put the camera on automatic and shot nearly a thousand photos. The camera took amazing photographs. I have now registered for a photography class to take full advantage of the camera's features. This is an amazing camera. Two of my colleagues at work have bought this camera based on my recommendation and their research. Buy a Sony Alpha camera and you will not be disappointed. And the leading Consumer ratings magazine gave top ranking to the Sony Alpha in its category.

Motorola RAZR V3 Silver Alloy Slim Holster
Motorola RAZR V3 Silver Alloy Slim Holster

3.0 out of 5 stars Too bulky, May 27, 2008
This product is quite inexpensive but too bulky. I was looking for a slim holster for my phone and this wasn't it. So I bought another item which was slim but had other design flaws.

C2G / Cables To Go 19003 USB 2.0 A Male to A Female Extension Cable, White (1 Meters/3.3 Feet)
Price: $4.57
49 used & new from $1.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised, May 27, 2008
I bought this to use with my Flip video camera. It works well for that purpose.

Motorola V3 V3c V3m razr Holster
Motorola V3 V3c V3m razr Holster

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Cheap; Functional but has design flaws, May 27, 2008
I was looking for a slim holster for my Motorola V3 Razr phone. The two I bought before were quite bulky. This one is very slim. But it has two major design flaws: 1) you have to remove the phone from the holster to charge and 2) you have to remove the phone from the holster to use the camera.

Pyrex Prepware 3-Piece Large Mixing Bowl Set, Clear
Pyrex Prepware 3-Piece Large Mixing Bowl Set, Clear

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised, May 27, 2008
Product just as advertised. I use it to store left over foods in the frig.

Henna Black Cream Surya Nature, Inc 2.31 oz Cream
Henna Black Cream Surya Nature, Inc 2.31 oz Cream
Offered by Nature and Herbs
Price: $15.37
13 used & new from $9.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, October 17, 2007
This product did not work as advertised. It imparts some color but not much. It didn't work too well for me.

Omron HJ-112 Digital Pocket Pedometer
Omron HJ-112 Digital Pocket Pedometer
Offered by Zebo
Price: $75.00
19 used & new from $75.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised, October 17, 2007
I have used this pedometer for about three weeks now. And I am very impressed with it. It is very accurate, extreemly light, and very well built. I have accidentally dropped it on tile floors at least three times and the unit continues to work with no problems whatsoever. A few of my friends have borrowed it from me, tried it, and are buying it for their use. I also bought a unit for my wife and she loves it too. I have now ordered 4 more units to give as gifts to family members.

I have used cheap pedometers before which are not accurate and difficult to use. This Omron unit is an excellent buy.

Page: 1 | 2