Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now
Profile for A. Ruggiero > Reviews

Browse

A. Ruggiero's Profile

Customer Reviews: 13

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

A. Ruggiero RSS Feed (Nashville, TN)

Page: 1 | 2
Chloe's Kitchen: 125 Easy, Delicious Recipes for Making the Food You Love the Vegan Way
by Chloe Coscarelli
Price: $11.36
110 used & new from $6.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Cookbook!, April 9, 2012
I own dozens of vegan cookbooks - many of them have been major disappointments and I have started waiting until I check them out from the library first before I purchase them. I took a chance and just ordered this one and I am glad I did! The recipes are not the same old/same old recipes that most vegan cookbooks are. She is a REAL chef and has already accomplished a lot of vegan "firsts" to be so young! Try the Avocado Pesto Pasta or the Straw and Hay pasta - they are delicious! Another great thing about this book is that she offers tons of gluten free options or substitutions - I love that. I love a cookbook that inspires me and makes me WANT to cook the recipes - there are very few cookbooks that do that but this one DOES!

The China Study: The Most Comprehensive Study of Nutrition Ever Conducted And the Startling Implications for Diet, Weight Loss, And Long-term Health
by Thomas M. Campbell II
Price: $8.61
847 used & new from $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing information, May 19, 2011
I have read this book three times and still pick it up and read a chapter occasionally. There is no question in my mind that the information in this book would change the health crisis in the US if everyone would read it. I follow the diet and have no health problems, take no medications, and feel great - I am 48 and my husband is 59 - he follows the diet, too and takes no medications. This is a wonderful book and I am grateful to people like Dr. Campbell who dedicate their lives to helping people improve their health.

The Artful Vegan: Fresh Flavors from the Millennium Restaurant
The Artful Vegan: Fresh Flavors from the Millennium Restaurant
by Eric Tucker
Price: $18.01
96 used & new from $0.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow - THIS is a gourmet cookbook!, March 14, 2011
As many other reviewers have mentioned - this is not a beginner's guide to vegan cooking. I have never seen a cookbook like this one. When I make a recipe from this book I have to plan a shopping list ahead of time and read through the recipes before I start preparing them. It takes quite a bit of effort but is worth EVERY SECOND I spend on it. The flavors are downright tantalizing and the dishes plate so beautifully you feel like you are dining in a 5-star restaurant. If you love to cook and love wowing your dinner guests then this is a definite book for you.

The Happy Herbivore Cookbook: Over 175 Delicious Fat-Free and Low-Fat Vegan Recipes
by Lindsay S. Nixon
Price: $14.40
190 used & new from $1.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this cookbook!, March 7, 2011
I love this cookbook. I have been cooking from it for over a week and LOVE the recipes. The recipes are so much healthier than any of the others I own. Not only are they healthy, they use common everyday ingredients and are great for budget minded people without sacrificing flavor. I highly recommend this cookbook for beginning vegan cooks as well as those who are trying to lose weight or regain their health.

The Black Bean Brownies are fantastic, the nacho cheese sauce is the best I have ever made, the Chickpea tacos are mouthwatering! This is my favorite cookbook ever!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Vegan Fusion World Cuisine: Extraordinary Recipes & Timeless Wisdom from the Celebrated Blossoming Lotus Restaurants
by Mark Reinfeld
42 used & new from $6.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Cookbook, February 25, 2011
I think every vegan should own this beautiful book! It has some of the most wonderful recipes I have ever made. It is not always "quick and easy" and all the ingredients are not going to be familiar to everyone but it is worth every penny. When I want to make something very special I grab this cookbook first. I can't recommend it enough! One of my all-time favorite cookbooks.

"If She Can Do It, So Can I!": Costa Rica Adventures: The inspirational tales of a woman who traded life in small town America for the lure of a tropical paradise.
by Lisa Valencia
Price: $19.95
9 used & new from $4.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book!!!, January 26, 2011
I found this book on Lisa's website following a trip to Puerto Viejo in 2010. We fell in love with the place and are very interested in moving there. This book gives an inside look at what it is like to move to a foreign country and all the ups and downs of it without sugar coating it. She is truly a gifted writer and the photography is fabulous! I highly recommend this book to anyone considering moving to Costa Rica or ANY foreign country or even if you are just planning a visit there.

Vegan on the Cheap
Vegan on the Cheap
by Robin Robertson
Price: $10.41
123 used & new from $0.82

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this cookbook!, June 28, 2010
This review is from: Vegan on the Cheap (Paperback)
Robin never fails to write a cookbook that does what it says it does! My husband and I are trying to cut our food costs without giving up healthy, vegan food and this book is the one to buy if that is your goal. There are tons of great recipes in this book and they call for simple, everyday ingredients. I highly recommend this book if you are cooking on a budget or NOT!!!!

Vegan Yum Yum: Decadent (But Doable) Animal-Free Recipes for Entertaining and Everyday
by Lauren Ulm
Price: $13.28
109 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome cookbook!, June 28, 2010
This cookbook is for the gourmet vegan cook. It is right up there with Tal Ronnens' Conscious Cook - the recipes are much simpler but just as delicious and truly gourmet cooking. I only recently came across the author's blog online but I am very impressed with her cooking and photography skills. I own 30-40 vegan cookbooks and I have to say that this is the BEST!! Most of the recipes use easy to find ingredients if you are familiar with vegan cooking, if you are not, you will need to do a little research to use ANY vegan cookbook. I have made 6 different recipes since I bought the book and every one of them turned out perfectly amazing. The Lemon Cashew Cream recipe for the potato gnocchi was the best vegan cream sauce I have ever tasted. The tofu recipes are wonderful, too. The chicken seitan is scrumptous! I tell my husband every night that this is hands down the best money I have ever spent on a cookbook. I just hope she writes more cookbooks!!

Vegan Brunch: Homestyle Recipes Worth Waking Up For--From Asparagus Omelets to Pumpkin Pancakes
by Isa Chandra Moskowitz
Price: $14.94
109 used & new from $3.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Cookbook, May 5, 2010
If you are looking for new breakfast/brunch ideas this is the book for you! The quiche recipe alone is worth the price of this book. I have never made a recipe out of this book that didn't turn out fantastic!

Viva Vegan!: 200 Authentic and Fabulous Recipes for Latin Food Lovers
Viva Vegan!: 200 Authentic and Fabulous Recipes for Latin Food Lovers
by Terry Hope Romero
Price: $11.66
117 used & new from $1.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicioso!!!!!, May 5, 2010
After a recent trip to Costa Rica I wanted a vegan cookbook that teaches Latin American cooking and this does just that! Lucky for me the book had just been released. I fell in love with Gallo Pinto in Costa Rica and tried to get the recipe right on my own but couldn't do it - with the help of this cookbook I was able to get it perfect! There are tons of other wonderful recipes in this cookbook, too. I love how it specializes on a specific type cuisine and not all over the place like most vegan cookbooks. I just really LOVE this cookbook.

Page: 1 | 2