Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports STEM
Profile for SK > Reviews

Browse

SK's Profile

Customer Reviews: 322

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

SK RSS Feed (Los Angeles, CA United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Rock Your Heart Out: A Rock Star Romance (Sinful Serenade Book 3)
Rock Your Heart Out: A Rock Star Romance (Sinful Serenade Book 3)

2.0 out of 5 stars 2.5 stars This series is going downhill, August 23, 2016
And it's not like it started on Mt Everest.

Willow was such a victim, I couldn't stand to listen to her inner monologue. And Tom was a player and a jokester. His character never really developed emotionally IMO. I just didn't buy his transition from Friend with Benefits to ILY.

And, yet again in this series, there is massively important unfinished business. What ever happened to the dangerous ex??? I can NOT believe that ball got dropped. The absence of any kind of closure there was seriously weird.

In any case, I should have mentioned this in earlier reviews, but if ever a bunch of books needed to be alternating m/f POV, this series is IT. Would have given much more insight into the guys' somewhat under-baked characters, as well as giving us a break from the girls' seemingly constant angst.

I don't know. I've come this far so I guess I'll finish this series out but not one of my faves.

Strum Your Heart Out: A Rock Star Romance (Sinful Serenade Book 2)
Strum Your Heart Out: A Rock Star Romance (Sinful Serenade Book 2)

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, quick read, August 19, 2016
There's not much conflict here. Some personal issues (much more valid n her part than his IMO) that come between them. Some things never resolved (what's wrong with his mom? Jeez!)

But it was cute. I still like most of these characters, though the other band members, who totally act like a-holes, get better when they get their own book, I guess. Still, Drew was a waffley emotional fog bank, just like Miles was in the first book.

One of my biggest problems with this book--Kara was a big character in the first book. But she seemed like a TOTALLY different person in that book than she does here. I understand she was faking being ok and peppy and whatever.
But, just going based upon actions and dialogue, in this book she does almost a complete 180, personality-wise. And suddenly, she's far less able to stand up for herself (until the very end). Even to her horrible roommate.
It just seems to drastic of a change from her actions previously.

Anyway, once again, for super famous rock stars, they are still oddly paparazzi-free. Not even a single phone camera catching a bad moment (or multiple public sex incidents!).
Seems unrealistic.

I guess mostly I just like the characters and the rock genre (my fave). More interesting plot developments required for more stars.

Sing Your Heart Out: A Rock Star Romance (Sinful Serenade Book 1)
Sing Your Heart Out: A Rock Star Romance (Sinful Serenade Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but not great, August 17, 2016
I'm a sucker for the Rock genre and this one fell somewhere between ok and pretty good. At least, I liked the characters.

However, it felt like more than half the book was sex scenes and the rest was them playing head games with each other.
They rehashed the same issue quite a few times. After a while, I just wanted to see SOMETHING different happen.
I think I prefer when I get more of a taste of them together, fighting a common foe.
I also prefer when the guy doesn't pretend (even to himself) that he has no feelings for the heroine.

Most of the drama of this book is made up of their own issues. I'd rather have seen some outside forces intervene.

Plus, for Rock Stars, there was surprisingly little press or paparazzi--even at their own concerts! Weird. These two mostly hung out in their houses. The few times they did go out to eat, almost no one noticed them.

So, not bad, but could have been much better.
I'll check out the next book in the series and that will decide if I read them all.

Playing Fate (Endgame Series Book 1)
Playing Fate (Endgame Series Book 1)
Price: $2.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Terrible DNF, August 16, 2016
Yet another one of these books where there's 8,000 characters always talking over each other without proper grammar to tell who is speaking. None of them have a unique voice either--they all sound exactly the same.

Also the plot is ridiculously unbelievable: three friends are getting scouted by the MLB and one decides not to go because of family responsibilities so the other two just agree not to go also!?!!
REALLY??
You can support your friend and not throw away your dreams and opportunities. A REAL friend wouldn't want you to do that anyway. Just insane.

Then there's the "relationship" between the main characters...even from the beginning, neither character was at all compelling.

Add in the non-stop inner dialogues that rehash the same themes over and over...
Just, no.

Cutting my losses with this one.

Spiraling (Rock Rhapsody Series Book 3)
Spiraling (Rock Rhapsody Series Book 3)

3.0 out of 5 stars Just ok. Abrupt ending, August 15, 2016
All three books in this series have the same problem: skipping over better plotting lines or only skimming them, to reach a quick end.
This book did that the least of the three. I liked the skating aspect of the whole thing. But it seemed like (just as in the last two books) a lot of information is conveyed by telling rather than showing.
Most of the communication here goes thru the agent, Ike--do we EVER see him IRL? He's on the phone A LOT.

Anyway, it's annoying--with so much superficial action--there's just not enough meat in these books to satisfy.
Then the endings are SO abrupt and disappointing, it leaves the reader feeling cheated.

I should have ditched this series after book 1 but I had hopes of seeing earlier characters in later books. That BARELY happens.
Moving on to something, hopefully, better.

Rock Her (Rock Rhapsody Series Book 1)
Rock Her (Rock Rhapsody Series Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Can't decide what I think about this., August 14, 2016
Usually I'm annoyed by 25yo virgins but due to horrible circumstances in Kate's life, I let it slide.

Mostly, I liked the characters in this book--Alec was hot and I liked how they met. But he was also a total d-bag to her. Ditching her at a party 2 hours from home? WTF?!?
That would have been a serious deal breaker for me. And it wasn't his first disappearing act, either.

The rest of the story continued in a fairly predictable way. No surprises. But it did seem to throw a lot of awful stuff at Kate, one subplot after another, while never delving deeply enough into any of them. Disappointing. There was a lot more that could have happened, that didn't.

Just an okay read.
It gets three stars because I love the rock genre.

Thousand Yard Bride
Thousand Yard Bride
Price: $2.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not one of her best books, August 3, 2016
Ridiculous, rushed plot; under-developed characters; illogical plot devices; obvious ending...
The bad guys practically twirled their mustaches!

Can't remember how much I paid for this book.
Whatever it was, it's too much.

Pure Body Butter Cream for Women and Men - All Natural & Fragrance Free Moisturizer for Dry Skin with Shea Butter + Coconut Oil & Vitamin E - 5 Oz
Offered by Honeydew Deals
Price: $39.99

4.0 out of 5 stars 4.5 Stars Excellent Body cream. Could use a BIT of a natural coconut fragrance., July 30, 2016
This is the ONLY body cream I have found that actually keeps my skin looking hydrated from morning until night. I live in Los Angeles (pretty much a desert next to an ocean) and my skin seems flakey and dry all the time. I use moisturizer morning and before bed and nothing ever seemed to last more than a few hours. UNTIL THIS.
Goes on thick, use sparingly. But soaks in and after a minute, doesn't feel sticky or greasy or wet at all.
I used it in the morning and that night my skin was still flake-free!

Awesome!!
The only reason it's not 5 stars is the smell. It has no added fragrance and there's a hint of...alcohol? mixed in with the butters. Once it soaks in, the alcohol smell is gone and it has a Shea butter kind of smell to it. But if it had some kind of natural cocoanut smell, it would be perfect. As it is, I'll deal with the natural fragrance.
Buying more!

Premium Taza Natural Coconut Body Butter, 8 fl oz (237 ml) ♦ Gives You Intense Hydration For Glowing Skin ♦ Contains: Shea Butter, Coconut Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Cocoa Butter
Offered by Priya Spa
Price: $16.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent enough moisturizer. Smells good., July 30, 2016
This smells nice and has a nice consistency. I'm sure for someone who doesn't have dry skin or lives somewhere really moist like FL, this would be fine. But those of us in Los Angeles (which is really a desert next to an ocean) need something MORE.
This only kept my skin from looking dry for a few hours. After that, I was back to Sahara skin.
Found something else on Amazon that works better. I'll try to come back and post the name.

Find You in Paris: A fun and sexy enemies-to-lovers romance (The Darcy Brothers Book 1)
Price: $3.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't think anything with the name Darcy could be bad. Until THIS., July 30, 2016
What an awful, poorly written, disjointed, illogical story.

None of it makes sense. The beginning is choppy and jumps around, forcing the characters to go where the author thinks the plot is going. But it seems as if crucial development and information is left out in huge chunks.

Why the hell does it take place in France? There's no rhyme or reason for it and, except for repeated use of the word, "cherie," everyone sounds American.

None of these characters are believable or likable. And this story has only the vaguest relationship to Austen's novel.

I almost gave up 20% through, it was THAT BAD.
Should have cut my losses.

However, I will do myself a favor and save myself the future pain of the next two books in the series.
Au revoir, Awful Darcy Books.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20