Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Shop Now
Profile for F. kar Keat > Reviews

Browse

F. kar Keat's Profile

Customer Reviews: 25

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

F. kar Keat RSS Feed (Prai, Penang Malaysia)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition S - Black - Playstation 3
5 used & new from $92.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly Designed and forearm cutting, May 9, 2014
If you play with this for some time, you will hate it for the plexiglass edge is exposed, not polished nor covered, it will hurt your forearm badly and you just wish to stop after just a short few games.

either don't buy this, get the regular tournament edition, or cover it with masking tape and your forearm will thank you.

Kingston Digital DataTraveler SE9 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive, Silver (DTSE9H/32GBZET)
Price: $9.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid, steady, May 9, 2014
This Flash Drive is what I love about.
Pros:
Slim - As a Flash Drive it is very important to keep it slim. Some USB ports are built in a way either too close to each other resulting you can't fit two fat Flash Drive next to each other; or some devices USB ports just not designed for regular sized Flash Drive for it is be a hard fit. To have a slim Flash Drive is to ensure it will fit into any USB ports or devices without any problems.
Thin - It is thin and perfect as a key chain, but I don't recommend to use as key chain, privacy and safety issue, you wouldn't want someone access to your notforkids videos inside. It is thin enough to slip into your wallet with the thickness of just two regular coins.

No moving parts, no cap - Moving parts and cap are easily breaks or lost. I hate moving parts for Flash Drive

Metal casing - Metal casing is solid. you don't have to worry about it breaks like regular plastic casing Flash Drive

If you read the 1 star reviews, mostly are regarding the internal memory fall off easily. Do be careful, handle with care while plug in and out with this unit

Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 10 10.1-Inch Touchscreen Laptop (59407061) Dark Brown
Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 10 10.1-Inch Touchscreen Laptop (59407061) Dark Brown

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for light weight work, Internet, and budget constrain. Don't expect this unit to last more than 2.5 years, April 20, 2014
With such a budget notebook, I don't expect a lot, but it packs with lots of updated features that I don't expect to see in this

Pros
- Two USB ports (one of it is USB 3.0!)
- Touch Screen (I never favour touch screen on Windows nor Windows 8.1, but hey, why not?)
- Stand Mode (Perfect if you want to watch some video, read the Cons related to Stand Mode)
- HDMI output (I wasn't expecting a 10" notebook comes with HDMI output, tested and it works pretty nice on my FullHD TV)

Cons
- Celeron is slightly slow to play MKV video, picture produced will be slightly jerky, but still bearable. Would be great if it has option for better processor upgrade
- Stand Mode problem. Stand Mode was expected for presentation or multimedia playback. However, the speaker is built in a wrong position. When in notebook mode, the speaker is built at the bottom of the notebook and facing down; while in Stand Mode it inverted and get worsen for the speaker then at the back, behind the screen, and facing the sky, resulting the sound clarity got worsen. It would be great if the speaker is designed and placed at somewhere nearer to the screen.
- Built-In Battery. This is the only notebook that I ever seen that comes with built-in battery, which means when the battery died, you can't get the battery replaced. Seems like Lenovo intended to build it as a disposable unit and not intend for long lasting.

With the built-in battery, I don't expect this unit to last more than 2.5 years before I need to get a replacement unit.

Hip Pocket Guide To HTML 4.01
Hip Pocket Guide To HTML 4.01
by Ed Tittel
30 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book a lot. I want the HTML5 version, March 5, 2014
I have this book sitting on my desk all the time, it gave me a quick search all the time until everything is in my head without the need it anymore. I wish to see the same book revised for HTML5 after more than 10 years of HTML4.01, this book is something I have I wish to see it updated
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 2, 2015 8:47 AM PST

Hip Pocket Guide to HTML 4
Hip Pocket Guide to HTML 4
by Ed Tittel
Edition: Plastic Comb
17 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Most useful HTML reference, July 25, 2011
If you are somewhat understand how HTML works, this is the perfect reference for you. I got the 3.2, and 4.0. I am hoping to see this to be updated with HTML 5.0

John Williams - Greatest Hits 1969 - 1999
John Williams - Greatest Hits 1969 - 1999
Price: $15.72
116 used & new from $1.02

3.0 out of 5 stars Greatest Hits, but dissapointed quality, March 20, 2010
I am not going praise how good John Williams is, and how good these masterpieces are, because I am sure if you are reading this, you already know that.

All I want to say is the quality of the recording. If you are looking for audiophile quality from this CD, you will be dissapointed. If you are playing this in your home theatre audiophile system, you will be dissapointed with the bland and flat output.

I hope John William will remake this into Bluray (I would like to see his live performance!) and HD quality. It is about time too.

The Jeff Dunham Show 101
The Jeff Dunham Show 101
DVD
Price: $1.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Jeff's Sesame Street, February 14, 2010
If you are cought Jeff's amazing act from you tube from all his previous live acts, you will be very dissapointed with The Jeff Dunham Show (TJDS).

I must admit I love JD, and I watch his DVD over and over again and I still won't get bored of it (except for the Very Special Chrismas Special).

I just won't able to find TJDS good enough simply because the whole thing is very staged. As fan of JD, we want to see live performance, that's what JD's cought me in the first place, not a Sesame Street. TJDS reminds me of Sesame Street, seriously; the only different is the joke and story is more adult-oriented. But problem is... I don't find the joke is funny enough to make me laugh as much as the first two DVDs that Jeff released.

Overall, I found TJDS is a big dissapointment to all Jeff's fan. Jeff Dunham's talent is supressed in TJDS, all we see is just his characters doing some stupid things We want to see Jeff perform live in front of the audience more (without using cheat sheet of course, please), not a prerecorded and staged Sesame Street.

Sanyo Eneloop AA NiMH Pre-Charged Rechargeable Batteries - 4 Pack (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by I Deals
Price: $14.18
4 used & new from $9.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Battle of the LSD NiMH. Eneloop vs Imedion, Eneloop wins, March 26, 2009
As I googled the Internet and Forums, I found mixed result, some people claims Eneloop performs better, and some claims otherwise. Therefore I decided to do an experiment on both of these batteries to find out which one is a BETTER PERFORMER and better for investment.

Objective: To find out the better performer battery

Items:
1. Four pieces of Sanyo Eneloop AA 2000mAh NiMH Battery
2. Four pieces of PowerEx Imedion AA 2100mAh NiMH Battery
3. Nikon Speedlight SB-800
4. Remote Flash Trigger
5. Process recording device (Sony DSC-P10)

Methodology:
1. Fully Charge the battery
2. Insert battery into Nikon Speedlight SB800
3. Nikon Speedlight SB-800 set to M 1/4 -oEV
4. Fire the Speedlight as soon as it is ready (when the red light is on)
5. Repeat step #3 until the battery is completely depleted
6. Record the following:
a. X number of shots per minute after X number of shots
b. Total shots per charge
7. Repeat the process with next set of battery

To ensure both battery both are in identical optimal condition, I bought both new set of Eneloop and Imedion. Both sets are new and fully charged for 8 hours as recommended by manufacturer for initial use with the same PowerEx MH-C204W Travel Charger before begin the test.

Please refer to the graph in my site.

I started off with Eneloop with a recorded blazing fast 60 round per minute (rpm). It drops to 53rpm after the first 100 shots, and then it drops further to 52rpm after 200 shots. It stabilized at average of 45rpm from 300 shots to 1300 shots. It drops to 39rpm at 1400 shots and drops further to 37rpm after 1500 shots. Finally it drops sharply but still managed to squeeze a total recorded 1564 shots. Pretty impressive for first round.

I followed by Imedion immediately. At the initial minute it has a noticeable lower refresh rate compared with Eneloop and I recorded a 51rpm for the first minute, lower than Eneloop 9rpm. It then dropped 20% performance to 42rpm after the first 100 shots. After 200 shots, it stabilized at average of 39rpm from 200 shots to 1200 shots (compared to 45rpm Eneloop). It drops slightly to 36rpm after 1300 shots to 1500 shots. Then it drops further down to 17rpm after 1600 shots. Finally it is completely depleted at 1660 shots.

Conclusion:
Eneloop completed at 1564 shoots and Imedion completed at 1660, approximately 100 shots more than Eneloop, which is pretty much expected as it is a 2100mAh vs 2000mAh, with approximately 5% extra power. For a fair comparison, I only benchmark up to 1500 shots, which is already beyond what average number of photos a person can take on a whole day event (with speedlight)

On cycle performance point of view, Eneloop out performed Imedion from 4rpm to 14rpm with an amazing everage of 6rpm on a consistant performance.

In this experiment, I concluded that the Sanyo Eneloop is a better performer than PowerEx Imedion, at least in speedlight point of view.

[...]
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 26, 2009 2:34 PM PDT

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Tested and proven Eneloop is the better choice, March 26, 2009

Objective: To find out the better performer battery

Items:
1. Four pieces of Sanyo Eneloop AA 2000mAh NiMH Battery
2. Four pieces of PowerEx Imedion AA 2100mAh NiMH Battery
3. Nikon Speedlight SB-800
4. Remote Flash Trigger
5. Process recording device (Sony DSC-P10)

Methodology:
1. Fully Charge the battery
2. Insert battery into Nikon Speedlight SB800
3. Nikon Speedlight SB-800 set to M 1/4 -oEV
4. Fire the Speedlight as soon as it is ready (when the red light is on)
5. Repeat step #3 until the battery is completely depleted
6. Record the following:
a. X number of shots per minute after X number of shots
b. Total shots per charge
7. Repeat the process with next set of battery

Please refer to the graph my site.

Conclusion:

Full review, graph, experiment results are available in my blog at: [...]
Comment Comments (21) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 11, 2016 9:40 AM PDT

Jeff Dunham's Very Special Christmas Special
Jeff Dunham's Very Special Christmas Special
DVD ~ Jeff Dunham
Offered by Serenity-Now
Price: $9.99
123 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars If you are huge fan and follower of Jeff Dunham, sorry to say, you might be dissapointed, November 19, 2008
I caught by Jeff Dunham by his amazing multiple puppet control and ends with wine drinking trick, since then, Jeff Dunham became my first most respected comedian, which can be found in youtube or metacafe. Arguing with Myself (AWM) and Spark of Insanity (SOI) never failed me, it is brilliant, impressed me so much that I can watch it over again and again and I still won't get tired of it, that's how good AWM and SOI are, 5 stars I gave to that DVDs.

I preordered the triple pack Blu-Ray version of Jeff Dunham trilogy, plus Don't Come Home For Christmas (audio CD), despite the fact that I've owned the AWM and SOI DVD. However, I have cancelled it, and I tell you why.

First, in Very Special Christmas Special (VSCS), the actual runtime is 85 minutes, that is the minus some of the draggy part (eg JD try to hold his laugh, I accept it if it is a test material, JD should have well prepared for this before the recording), not-so-funny Christmas songs (Roadkill Christmas, The Night Before Christmas), basically it is boiled down to less than 30mins of worth of actual material.

Second, the performance is censored with the annoying beep! But Amazon.com is cleary stated this DVD as "Unrated". It cought me in surprise and it is an extremely serious flaw that made all the punch lines no longer enjoyable. I wonder what is Jeff Dunham going to say or explain about this.

Third, Jeff Dunham sets an extremely high standard in AWM and SOI, just that VSCS just couldn't achieve the previous standard has been set by the two prequels.

Fourth, the performance is unpolished. We don't expect Jeff to hold his laugh on his own joke (This is a finalised recording, not test materials); The whole thing is extremely rush and short; cheatsheets were used.

This version is NOT RECOMMENDED as the main problem of this release is censorship is imposed by annoying beep - WHAT THE *BEEP!*, which killed the entire performance and punch lines are dead.

if you don't mind the censored beep, it is a good buy for you.

if you are a first timer to Jeff Dunham, I recommend you try Arguing with Myself and Spark of Insanity first.

However, it is still good recording regardless the flaws. But I shall complete my JD trilogy when there is a version without the censorship, if there isn't any and I still won't miss this third album either.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 22, 2008 11:14 PM PST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3