Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports STEM
Profile for William B. Jellig > Reviews

Browse

William B. Jellig's Profile

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

William B. Jellig RSS Feed (Bel Air, MD)

Denon AVR-S700W 7.2-Channel Network AV Receiver with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
14 used & new from $231.65

5.0 out of 5 stars and I'm very happy with the performance, August 4, 2015
Finally purchased this receiver for my home A/V setup when Amazon had it on sale for 249, and I'm very happy with the performance. I've got 5.1 in my living room, plus 2 speakers outside on my deck; previously I had a manual A/B switch to turn them on and off, but they still only played what was on the main speakers. I love that the Denon can use 2 separate sources for the zones; my son can be watching TV inside while I listen to internet radio or my own music via Chromecast outside. The Denon remote app on Android works great to turn the 2nd zone on and off, adjust volume, and change the station. For me it's worth it just for that.

I have other inputs running from PS3 & Chromecast, no issues at all with the quality or switching between sources--I like that the system "remembers" the volume settings for each input when you assign them to the 4 quick-select buttons on the bottom of the remote.

Regarding the firmware update others have reported, my system updated without incident from the internet a couple weeks ago (I do use wired Ethernet in my home, so I can't comment on connection reliability over wireless for downloads/streaming).

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice fit, would have liked the green version with ..., January 15, 2015
Nice fit, would have liked the green version with the kickstand (only some colors have a kickstand option). Wireless charging & NFC work fine through this case. (Verizon VS980)

CHOETECH CHOE-T510 Wireless Charging Dock with 3 Coils Charging Area for Qi-Enabled Phones
Offered by CHOETECH-Official
Price: $44.93

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great with Verizon LG G2 (VS980), January 15, 2015
Works great with Verizon LG G2 (VS980), even with a protective case on, Very stable (no shaking, which is good when using GPS on phone). The side arms that grip the phone don't really open easily when you push the release, so you have to pry it open a bit while pushing the button, they could use a bit of a stronger spring to fix this.

PowerBot® PB1020 Qi Enabled Wireless Charger Inductive Charging Pad Station for All Qi Standard Compatible Devices Including Samsung, iPhone, Nokia, Google, Nexus, LG, HTC and Other Smartphones with Receivers (AC Adapter Excluded. 2 x Micro USB Cable Included), Yellow on Black
Offered by Milford Stanley

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great with my Verizon LG G2 (VS980), January 15, 2015
Works great with my Verizon LG G2 (VS980), even when the phone has a protective plastic/silicone case on.
It does make a loud beep when you put the phone on it, so if you have a finicky phone it may beep a lot as it re-establishes wireless charging, which could be annoying if using it for a bedside table charger.

Logitech Anywhere Mobile Mouse MX, Long Range Wireless Mouse for PC and Mac
Logitech Anywhere Mobile Mouse MX, Long Range Wireless Mouse for PC and Mac
Price: $38.16
2 used & new from $30.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great on glass desktops!, January 15, 2015
Got this because I have a glass desktop, now I don't need a mouse pad anymore!

LG G3 OEM Qi Wireless Charging Battery Door for US Models - Sprint/Verizon/T-Mobile (Black)
2 used & new from $18.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Misalgned, good wirless charging, but no NFC., January 15, 2015
Sticker misaligned when I received it (see photo - overlaid on the OEM cover to show the offset), carefully repositioned it after warming it with a hair dryer. After that, the wireless charging worked fine, but NFC was basically useless. With the case that came with the phone (Verizon), NFC would work through my phone's protective case. With this new door, NFC would recognize another device or NFC tag maybe 5% of the time, even without being in the protective case.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Toddler Timeout
Toddler Timeout
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice visual indicator, annoying buzzer!, September 3, 2011
This review is from: Toddler Timeout (App)
I downloaded this app for my 4-year-old son, not so much for time-out enforcement, but as a generic timer that would give him a visual indicator for timed activities (like playing games, or time remaining until bedtime). It's much better than decrementing numbers, which are difficult for young children to judge properly. In that regard, this app is great!

However, the downside is the rather annoying buzzer sound when the time is up. This would be a 5-star rating if the app allowed you to choose your own notification sound.

Viewsonic VX2450WM-LED 24-Inch Widescreen LED-Lit LCD Monitor
Viewsonic VX2450WM-LED 24-Inch Widescreen LED-Lit LCD Monitor
Offered by ByBuy
5 used & new from $137.46

4.0 out of 5 stars Great LED with VESA mounts - finally!, January 6, 2011
I have been in the market for a new LED-lit monitor for the low power, as I use the monitor all day. The problem is that it is difficult to find one with VESA mounting holes, most have fixed bases with limited or non-existent height and tilt adjustments. This one fit the bill perfectly, though I did have to buy longer M4 screws to use my existing monitor mount arm, since the mounting hole threads are recessed about 3-4mm behind the plastic on the back of the monitor (the mounting holes were flush with the back on my previous monitor).

Another concern that I had prior to purchasing this monitor was HDCP support over the DVI connector. It is curiously absent from any of the manufacturer's published specifications, and is important if you will be watching blu-ray movies on your computer. I can confirm that this monitor does indeed support HDCP. It is clearly labelled on the box as "DVI with HDCP...", and I tested it with titles that previously would not work on my old (non-hdcp) monitor. That being said, I put up Avatar as a test and the picture quality was amazing, with no bleeding or ghosting.

Regarding some of the items noted by other reviewers:
-Touch sensitive picture controls: I also found that they are not the most responsive, but to be honest, how often do you adjust your colors/brightness after the first time you calibrate it? Once I lowered the brightness down nearly all the way (the thing is blinding out of the box) I was done with the controls (I haven't done any color adjustments yet---I usually find a DVD with a THX calibration menu and pop that in).

-Speakers: No comments on those, as I have my PC audio going through a separate receiver to bookshelf speakers.

-Viewing angle: this is probably the biggest downside to this monitor, and what cost it a star in my rating. It is definitely narrower (both horizontally and vertically) than my prior monitor, and the color shift outside of that viewing angle is quite noticeable. If you have a properly set up desktop, you can aim the monitor to minimize this effect

VideoSecu Mounts Tilt TV Wall Mount Bracket for Most 23"- 75" LCD LED Plasma TV with VESA 200x100 400x400 to 600x400mm, 15 Degree Tilt up or down - Bonus HDMI Cable and Bubble Level MF608B BBM
Offered by Warehouseseller
Price: $19.99
3 used & new from $17.11

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product for the price, March 6, 2010
This mount was more than sufficient for my 40" LED-lit LCD TV (under 40lbs). However, the quality of the construction and included accessories had a few minor flaws:

1) The bend in the horizontal pieces of the wall mount frame is not square (and the steel is thick and sturdy enough that you cannot bend it yourself). This means that it does not sit completely flush with the wall when mounted. When you tighten the screws, it does pull the frame closer to the wall, and I am not at all worried that it is not secure.

2) There are plenty of sizes of screws to choose from to mount the vertical arms to the back of your TV. However, if you need the screws that are ~3/16" in diameter (the smallest size), they supply square washers to keep the screws centered in the U-shaped channel. The problem is, the washers don't fit in the channel! My TV used a larger sized screw, so this wasn't an issue for me.

3) The bubble level was a little bit off, but by the time you have the bracket mounted to the wall, hopefully you've already measured and marked level positions for the holes, so it wouldn't have been very useful even if it was accurate.

The instructions are clear and easy to follow (though they did say you needed a 7/16 socket for the main wall mount screws when in fact they were 1/2", but who only has one socket instead of a set?)

Despite the minor issues above, I would still recommend this over any of the overpriced wall mounts out there, a simple steel frame and some screws shouldn't cost $100+
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 24, 2010 4:53 PM PST

VideoSecu TV Wall Mount Articulating Arm Monitor Bracket for most 12"-24", some up to 27" LCD LED Plasma Flat Panel Screen TV with VESA 100/75mm ML10B 1E9
Offered by Warehouseseller
Price: $14.99
9 used & new from $10.96

2.0 out of 5 stars No rotation adjustment, March 5, 2007
I purchased this mount to hang a 15" LCD TV, weighing less than 9 pounds (the specifications rate it up to 33 lbs). I carefully measured and used a level to mount the swing arm on the wall, but when I hung the TV, the position of the arms and the small amount of "give" between the arm segments caused the TV to hang at a slight, but noticable, angle. You can tighten the arm segment joints, which helps the problem somewhat, but you won't be able to swing the arm around once tightened. The swivel adjustments only allow you to change the side-to-side angle and the vertical tilt, there is no way to fix the rotation of the set.
Comment Comments (36) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 17, 2016 6:42 AM PST