Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Gemini Syndrome Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now
Profile for FoxxieGirlie719 > Reviews

Browse

FoxxieGirlie719's Profile

Customer Reviews: 22

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

FoxxieGirlie719 RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Charles-Hubert, Paris Women's 6957-N Premium Collection Analog Display Japanese Quartz Brown Watch
Price: $59.99
4 used & new from $59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Elegant, October 18, 2015
This watch is simply gorgeous. The band is high quality leather and it goes with everything! I highly recommend this to everyone!

Reign of Ice (Forever Fae Series Book 4)
Reign of Ice (Forever Fae Series Book 4)
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Ending to the series, January 30, 2014
So now after her sisters and brother all found love, it is Ariella's time. Except Brayden doesn't believe in love and rarely ever shows emotion.. he is a classic winter Fae. The four princesses come together to defeat Alasdair once and for all and I was soooo happy to see him finally die because he was just so evil that you HATE him!!! It was a moment when I actually cheered with a you go girl moment!! And then I got MAD at the author because I was laughing then I was sobbing at the end and then my faith was restored by an amazing twist!!!

So why only the four stars? I got a little sick of the levels of martyrship that Ariella was going to ... even after Brayden showed her that he feels deeply, and even figured out a way to express his love for hers which was a total AWWW moment. I just wanted to shake her for being a little snot!

But definitely worth the read... the entire series rocks!

An Eye For Curves (Werewolf BBW Erotic Romance)
An Eye For Curves (Werewolf BBW Erotic Romance)
Price: $2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Rape is not Erotic, January 30, 2014
Warning Spoilers Ahead.... You have been Warned!!! :)

So um... I have to say... I'm REALLY glad this little crazy train was free.

Ok ... why am I hating on it (when I really don't like to hate on books because I love them so much..) The thought behind the short blurb (because I can't actually tell if it qualifies to be called a story) was pretty good, guy saves curvy girl.. he turns out to be a werewolf but she falls for him anyway... not half bad... but good lord.. that quick sentence was like the entire story that's how quick it is.

There is no character development other than the establishment that Maggie is a curvy girl with low self esteem ... she's on her way home, cuts through central park, gets cornered by jerks who want to try to rape her but are taken out by what appears to be a giant wolf... so our girl runs for the subway.... then a "mysteriously hot guy" walks onto the train and stares at her... when she gets off the wolf is behind her and kidnaps her right there in the subway... He takes her to his cave (in the subway tunnel), tells her she is his mate and he has been following her (creepy stalker much?) and proceeds to rape her... but she somehow convinces herself that she trusts and possibly loves this monster because she just wants to be wanted... Then throw in a random attack by who the heck knows what or who and then poof it ends.. just like that...

There's no description, character development, plot development ... some meh rape kinda sex and then we are spit out to shake it off and say What the Heck was that?

I'm really getting sick of these kind of stories because I'm a curvy girl with my own insecurities but to read about a pathetic sounding girl reason with herself that she just wants to be wanted by someone drives me insane. Give me a strong confident woman who's got a backbone to stand up and call a man on his shit for once. It's bad enough when we have to deal with a society who often looks down on the curvy peeps and judges us without ever knowing who we are as an individual person ... but then we get these stories that paint these women as so lacking in any confidence that they will basically accept being raped by a hot werewolf because she's got good hips and tah-tahs for raising pups... but what the heck... the guy wants me...

Save money and time on this one!

Rescued by a Highlander: Alex and Maddie (Clan Grant series Book 1)
Rescued by a Highlander: Alex and Maddie (Clan Grant series Book 1)
Price: $0.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Ugh...., January 30, 2014
WARNING... POTENTIAL SPOILERS AHEAD

I understand that this is the author's first book and it is an admirable start. But her characters are borderline unbelievable and I wish that she had created a more developed sense of imagery.

Maddie is described many, many, many, times as being perfect. She's so nice and pure and good even though she's lived through hell. She's been beaten by her step brother (although I don't know how that would work since her father never married his mother.. Maddie's mother and father died at the same time... so yeah big inconsistency there) but ok moving on... We the reader are supposed to believe that she's suffered tragic horrors that would have broken a lesser woman ... but she continues on like she's touched in the head! She hates Kenneth (evil Stepbrother) and refuses to marry the man who raped her (duh!) and bears the torture doled out by Kenneth stoically. But she hopes that nothing bad happens to either one of them? WHAT? I'm sorry... I'd be like I want them dead... I want them brought back and killed again... many many times... But NOOOOO... not Maddie the paragon of goodness. Then we get to the hero... Alex.. our supposedly tough but fair and gentle highland laird. He swoops in to the rescue.

And then we get to his internal dialogue... and good lord does he turn into either a raging sappy idiot or he acts like a randy horn-dog who can't stop thinking about the girl but he yells at her because he's always distracted by her... Whiplash much?

Then we get to the point where Alex has helped Maddie through the worst of her fears after much I want you... I'm afraid of men... but I want you.... but not this way... but I feel things I don't understand... Good Grief woman. And then the author expects me to believe that on their wedding night... during their first act of lovemaking... she's going to have some sort of dream about her MOTHER saying that she's going to be ok and to love her man both emotionally and physically.... really REALLY? I'm serious... it really happens... and I sat back and said WHAT THE (Explicative)? you're gonna go space cadet at THAT point and talk to your mother?

Then at the end you get a horrible stab at homosexuality that actually comes off more of an insult than anything... there really was no call for that and it came out of left field that it just confuses everything even more.

So basically... as a wrap up, the characters came off as flat and one dimensional, there was little imagery of the surrounding area (we are supposed to be in the highlands... can I get a mental picture of what I'm supposed to be looking at? The vocabulary of the heroine is no better than elementary... the hero doesn't capture the wanted brawny, sexy tough guy (who can learn to fall in love) ... he comes off as meh and a guy who knows Maddie's been tortured and is scared but somehow he always ends up YELLING at her even though he knows it will scare her...

Hope the author luck on future works but I might think twice before I bought from her again...
Comment Comments (12) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 7, 2016 5:17 PM PST

Nine West Women's Thora Riding Boot,Taupe Leather,8.5 M US
Nine West Women's Thora Riding Boot,Taupe Leather,8.5 M US

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Riding Boot, December 4, 2012
Overall, I like this boot a lot. The color is a lot darker than the picture but it looks more like a tobacco stained color which looks really nice. I love the detailing up the side but the little tie thing at the top is a little annoying. The fit runs small. I am usually a size 9 but I took the advice of the other reviewers and ordered a half size smaller and they fit perfectly. I have wide calves and one of the reasons that I chose this boot is because some of the reviewers stated that this boot had a lot of extra room in the calf. I can pull them up over my calves but they are kinda tight. I am still able to fit them over leggings but they definitely do not stretch very much. Despite all of my gripes, I still love them and plan on rocking them all winter long!!! Definitely a good addition to my ever growing shoe collection!

Atlantis Unmasked (Warriors of Poseidon, Book 4)
Atlantis Unmasked (Warriors of Poseidon, Book 4)
130 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars The Hunter and the Warrior..., June 29, 2011
Alexios was once a gorgeous, golden hunk along with his fellow warriors. That is, until the evil goddess Anubisa captured him (she really likes messing with Atlanteans). She and her blood pride mutilated him and burned him with their hellfire scarring not only his body, but also his soul. Even after his escape, he remains aloof and hides his scar under his hair.

Grace is a leader of one of the rebel factions that fight alongside Quinn's Resistance fighters. Grace has been fighting since her brother's murder at the hands of vampires several years ago. She herself is an elite warrior because she is a direct female descendent of Diana (the Goddess of the Hunt). Her aim is never off and much prefers her bow and a quiver of arrows as her weapon of choice and she can definitely hold her own alongside the scarred warrior that she is attracted to.

Alexios and Grace are thrown together to retrieve The Vampire's Bane, a yellow diamond with the power to destroy vamps from Poseidon's Trident that has the ability to control minds. Throw in some meddling from Fae royalty (always trouble with a capital T), goddess intervention, and an Atlantean warrior learning to trust and love again and you have a fantastic read. Definitely recommend reading these in order, that way sub characters, and storylines make a little more sense!

Atlantis Redeemed (Warriors of Poseidon, Book 5)
Atlantis Redeemed (Warriors of Poseidon, Book 5)
Price: $8.99
98 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Cursed to Not Feel for Thousands of Years..., June 29, 2011
In his youth, Brennan messed around with a girl (who happened to be a favorite of Poseidon), knocked her up and then she killed herself. In retaliation, Poseidon cursed Brennan to never feel anything. No emotions at all. Part of the curse was that when he did meet his soul mate, all of his feelings would rush back to him all at once, but only when she is within his sight. As soon as she is out of his line of vision, he would forget her completely and his feelings would once again leave him. Only when his beloved dies, only then would his emotions and memory of her be restored so he would mourn her forever. (Hint, hint Don't Piss Off The Gods!)

Tiernan is a reporter and a walking lie detector. She can sense when anyone tells the smallest fib to the greatest lies. Brennan and Tiernan are paired up to investigate a group of evil scientists researching and experimenting with brain washing and mind control on shape shifters. This hits Tiernan hard because her best friend (a were-fox) was captured, experimented on and killed by this group.

Brennan must keep his beloved Tiernan safe even as they are sucked into the center of the evil scientists stronghold. Then there's always the second half of Brennan's curse to worry about...

This is a great addition to the series although it doesn't follow with the other books where there is a search for a gem of power. I definitely shed a few tears at the end of this one... some for sorrow others for joy... Definitely a great ending!

Atlantis Unleashed (Warriors of Poseidon, Book 3)
Atlantis Unleashed (Warriors of Poseidon, Book 3)
Price: $8.99
95 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars The Sexy Side of Justice, June 29, 2011
At the end of the second book, Atlantis Awakening, we learned that Justice is half Royal Atlantean and half Nereid. He is the half brother of Conlan and Ven. Justice willingly went with Anubisa in place of his brother. She tortured him and leaves him in the Void to basically wander forever. The two halves of his soul are split and he is going insane along with losing the will to live. The only think that keeps him going are the flashing glimpses of a woman that he has never met but he knows she belongs to him.

Dr. Keely McDermott is an archeologist and an object reader. When she touches an object she can see that objects history. She has glimpsed Justice in her visions but has no idea that she's about to take a tumble down the proverbial rabbit hole.

Justice escapes from the Void and kidnaps Keely. She can't really blame him but he's mildly insane with both halves of his soul trying to dominate the other and claim her at the same time. She's not sure of him at first, but she slowly realizes that she can accept and love both halves of him.

Their quest revolves around finding the sapphire from the Trident. It is called the Star of Artemis and it has the power to heal a fractured mind. Their journey will take them deep into the jungles into Mayan territory where they will have to fight for the one's that they love.

I love this series! The Warrior's are hot and I love that their female counterparts aren't shrinking violets! They hold their own and battle fiercely for the Warriors that they love.

Atlantis Awakening (Warriors of Poseidon, Book 2)
Atlantis Awakening (Warriors of Poseidon, Book 2)
112 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Vengeance Has Never Been Hotter!, June 29, 2011
He is the Lord Vengeance (Ven for short), younger brother to High Prince Conlan and whose only desire is to kick the baddies ass'. He hates being called `Your Highness' and is happy to leave all politics to his brother. Ven loves old movies (the cornier the better), TV and adds snarky and hilarious comments whenever he can, especially to Alaric (Temple Rat).

Erin Connors is a ninth-level witch who is also able to summon the Wilding, a strong magic that only a few witches have access to. She also has ancient blood in her lineage - she is a gem singer, a witch with an affinity to gems and stone, and one that can sing with them to access power. She's out for vengeance against the vampire Caligula (the ancient Roman evil bastard) because the vamp killed her mother and sisters.

From their first meeting, Ven and Erin felt a connection and especially since Erin's gems sing for Ven. She's a spitfire who doesn't take his macho crap. They pair up to help recover another jewel from Poseidon's Trident - a ruby called The Nereid's Heart. They need it not only to use towards completing the Trident, but also because Riley is pregnant with Conlan's baby and they are sick and no one knows why. The ruby can save them both with the help of the gem singer.

Anubisa's evil ass is back and causing more trouble as well as the discovery that Caligula changed one of Erin's sisters into a vampire. Time is running out for our heroes and it's up to Ven and Erin to save the day.

I loved this story because Ven is one of my favorite warriors and Erin is his perfect match. I can't wait for Justice's story next! Read `em in order to make the stories flow and you will get to know the Warriors better.

Atlantis Betrayed (A Warriors of Poseidon Novel, Book 6)
Atlantis Betrayed (A Warriors of Poseidon Novel, Book 6)
99 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm so in Love with Christophe!, June 29, 2011
Ok, before I get down to the review, I just have to say, YUMMY!! I've been waiting for Christophe's story almost as much as Alaric's! I don't know why, but from the beginning I've always loved Christophe and his dark, bad ass self! If I could have any of them, I want HIM! Whoo Boy... ok, here we go...

Christophe is in London on a mission to steal a jewel called The Siren, an aquamarine that controls the minds of shape shifters in masses. But, it's not just any jewel, it's part of the Crown Jewels guarded in the high security of The Tower of London. Christophe's not worried; in fact he's almost Bored! What he doesn't count on is being bested by the Scarlet Ninja, who also happens to be after the same jewel as he! Christophe is intrigued by this woman and very much attracted.

Fiona Campbell is a popular children's author by day and the Scarlet Ninja, a very notorious jewel thief, by night. She doesn't steal for the money; rather she gives everything away to charities very similar to a modern day Robin Hood. Fiona also has another trick up her sleeve; she's part Fae and can bend light to appear invisible.

She and Christophe pair up against the baddies including the deadly fae royal court and a fae prince hell bent on taking over the whole operation. They are so hot together and their love is definitely amazing and steamy!

I loved this book. It's complete with yummy toe curling steamy scenes and a bad boy to make you drool... I also adored Fiona's butler who reminded me of a cross between Alfred and a super secret agent! This is a definite must read!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3