Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports
Profile for NY Mom > Reviews

Browse

NY Mom's Profile

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

NY Mom RSS Feed

Streamlight 85180 Lithium Batteries CR123A, 6-Pack
Streamlight 85180 Lithium Batteries CR123A, 6-Pack
Price: $11.94
54 used & new from $10.73

1.0 out of 5 stars Works but..., May 13, 2016
"Ships from and sold by Amazon" used to mean I could expect a certain level of quality and fairness. The batteries I received today have expiration date of 09 16. It's May. So I can expect these new batteries to be useless in about 4 months? Nice one, Amazon. Yes... The batteries work right now. So no foul, eh? I'll be sure to shop elsewhere the next time I need to worry about shelf life.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 5, 2016 10:11 AM PDT

Blurex Ultra-Slim Case for Google Nexus 7 inch Tablet -- With built in Multi-Angle Stand + Premium Screen Protector Film (Clear),black

1.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced POS...and guilty of false claims about product!!!, January 11, 2013
I am not going to go through the trouble of returning the case. The claim was 1 out of 100 cases have the sleep/wake defect. I don't believe it. Right now, there are 788 reviews for this case. I read all of the 1- and 2-star reviews and nearly all report the defect. That implies a fail rate of at least 7%!
And a number of other reviewers went through the return process and found the replacement had the same problem.

So it's not just the item's technical description that is BS. The seller's claim about the defect rate is BS too. (which is pathetic since 1 out of 100 is actually very high!)

But here's a fun way to let out some frustration and fix the auto sleep/wake feature:
2 common ways to weaken a magnet are heating and breaking. I went with breaking because heating up "pleather" seems like a terrible idea.
First, I used a staple to find the exact position of the magnet. Then I used a hammer to beat the heck out of the magnet. In my case, the magnet was half under the bottom end of the sewn-in grip handle. So I pulled back the handle and concentrated the hammering to the section under the handle. Then I removed and vacuumed any magnet pieces that broke through the gray felt. With some Gorilla Glue and a small piece of clear packing tape, I secured what was left of the magnet. Voilà!!! The case now works the way I want it to work.
(Do not try this if you do not enjoy playing "MacGyver"!)

As for quality of construction and stitching...well, let's just say I was not expecting high quality craftsmanship. Yes - the stitching is rough and off. Yes - the inside felt is curled/bunched...and had some light stains. (Let's pretend it is a matter of unique character...and not because I received a returned case.) Yes - the case is unlikely to last for a long time. But what did I really expect from a case that was priced $5-10 before the current $15.99?
BTW - $15.99 is still much lower than the awesome DODOcase I wanted but could not afford. You get what you pay for...but shame on the seller for stating that the auto sleep/wake defect does not exist (in item description) when it OBVIOUSLY does!

To me, the case and screen protector, together, is worth $7. And I paid $8.99 to learn that I should never buy from Prestige Milano and should never buy any Blurex products.