Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now
Profile for K. Fitzgerald > Reviews

Browse

K. Fitzgerald's Profile

Customer Reviews: 34

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

K. Fitzgerald RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Round Brass Tube 1/8", Carded
Round Brass Tube 1/8", Carded
Offered by THE BT GROUP
Price: $4.60
22 used & new from $0.92

1.0 out of 5 stars Seller is ripping off customers!, January 12, 2014
I purchased this item, with an expected quantity of 15. What did I receive for $19.19? One single 12" brass tube. That is a rip off. The seller knows it and hasn't bothered to contact me on my complaint. What happened? Well, an extremely popular design blog provided a link to their product. That's when the seller decided to start ripping off their customers. Previously they were even selling packs 12" brass tubes with a quantity of 15 per pack at $1.45.

Amazon was wonderful and provided me a full refund and even let me keep the item. They no doubt have had multiple complaints because several other individuals also posted on the design blog their troubles with this fraudulent seller.

Remodelista
Remodelista
by Julie Carlson
Price: $28.52
111 used & new from $8.93

5.0 out of 5 stars So much more than a 'remodel' book..., November 3, 2013
This review is from: Remodelista (Hardcover)
It is, hands down, the best design book I've purchased in a long, long time. It is on the same level as the Design*Sponge book. If you care at all about interior design, have a home renovation project and most certainly if you are a fan of the website by the same name, you need to own this book. This is quite a book, at nearly 400 pages. Do yourself a favor and read the review by Eco-Friendly Feng Shui Designer on October 28, 2013 titled 'Practical and Inspiring'. I couldn't have said it any better myself, and I couldn't agree more with that reviewer.

Home Love
Home Love
by Megan Morton
Price: $32.95
23 used & new from $11.42

4.0 out of 5 stars Loving Home Love, October 6, 2013
This review is from: Home Love (Paperback)
This is another book I wish I had bought sooner. I wasn't familiar with Megan Morton or her work. To help me determine if I wanted to purchase this book I went to her website and reviewed some of her work and I was sold. It had been some time since I read a interior design/styling book that spoke to me and I bought this book along with Decorating With Style by Abigail Ahern. I hit the jackpot on both of those book. I love them both for different reasons. This book has the feeling of reading editorials on the subject of inspiring, beautiful rooms. Each topic has one page full of text and on the opposite page is the picture to depict the information provided. This is the first and only interior design book I've ever seen with this layout and it made me wonder why I haven't seen more like this. Instead of having the need to block off enough time to read an entire chapter I can casually pick this up and read a new subject. It is quite literally packed with design and styling information. I purchased this one in the paperback and for this size of this book I'm glad I did. It has an awkward size, kind of rectangle, so paperback makes it much easier to handle. Like 'Decorating With Style', this is not a book that is a how-to. It kind of reads like an encyclopedia for interior design subjects or you may liken it to a years worth of blog entries.

Decorating with Style
Decorating with Style
by Abigail Ahern
31 used & new from $13.29

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorites! Besty styling book I've bought in a long time., October 6, 2013
This review is from: Decorating with Style (Hardcover)
I haven't written a book review in quite some time. I've continued to purchase and read but haven't bothered on reviews because for the most part the books have been so/so. Then after much debate, I decided to give this book a try and I am so glad I did. I am absolutely smitten with this book. I rank it up there with the Design*Sponge book. I love the layout. This isn't the book for the person that needs hand-holding on how to decorate, it is pure inspiration and provides a multitude of information on styling. It is, hands down, the best styling book I've purchased in a long, long time. One of the problems I've had with reviewing so many books is I start to see the same images over and over again, but that wasn't the case with this book. A lot of the images used for inspiration I haven't seen before. The author provides an excellent amount of detail and information on various styles, how to achieve the look, and there is even DIY's included. Buy it. You won't be disappointed.

Decorate Workshop: Design and Style Your Space in 8 Creative Steps
Decorate Workshop: Design and Style Your Space in 8 Creative Steps
by Holly Becker
56 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars If Decorate is my design 'Bible' then Workshop is CCD classes, March 12, 2013
Holly Becker's Decorate Workshop is a must have for those looking for instruction in design. The information in this book is very easy to follow and its like someone holding your hand through the process. Even though I've now read nearly 40 books on the subject I'd have to say that this would be one that I'd return to read again and again. I really enjoyed the pictures in this book used to illustrate the topic but not just because they were beautiful, multiple angles are provided so you can a real sense for the space and how it flows. I love that it's printed in paperback because it's so much easier to handle and travels nicely. The book has sections for you to write in and I did partake in that, mostly because I'm going to want to look back in 10 years and see how my style evolved.

EasyAcc 12000mAh 2 USB External Battery Pack Charger Power Bank For iPhone 5 4S 4 3GS; iPad Mini, iPad 4 3 2; Android Tablets:Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, Note 8.0 10.1; Google Nexus 7,10; Acer B1; iPod; Android Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy S4, S3, S2, Ace,Note 2; HTC One, One X; LG Optimus 4X HD, I7; Nokia Lumia 920 900, Google Nexus 4, Blackberry Z10, Sony Xperia Z; MP3, MP4, GPS, Camera, Game Player[2 x USB Output: 1A ~ 2.1A; White]

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Back-up Battery, March 2, 2013
I travel for work and was in need of a battery pack to charge my cellphone. The benefit of this product was that it can charge 2 items at the same time with the dual ports and it can be used for more than just my cellphone. I've now used this several times and I'm happy very happy with the speed in which it charges. I've read other reviews on different devices and that was one of my concerns but this took dead phone back to fully charged in about the same time it would take if it were plugged in to an electrical outlet. I recommend this product for anyone needing a backup battery.

Drinking and Tweeting: And Other Brandi Blunders
Drinking and Tweeting: And Other Brandi Blunders
by Brandi Glanville
141 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars May I Have Another? Bravo!!!, February 14, 2013
Okay, so normally I just do book reviews on interior decorating books because, well...that's my obsession and generally all that I read, but I just had to purchase the Kindle edition of this book. I've watched every season of every episode of every 'Real Housewives' franchise on Bravo and I have never, ever purchased a single item that any of those ladies are selling (except for the Skinnygirl cocktails). When I first heard Brandi Glanville was going to be joining the cast of RHBH I though, "Oh Boy! There goes one of my favorite shows. Why did they have to cast her? Why won't she just lay down and die like most normal women who've been publicly humiliated by their philandering husband in Hollywood." I'm actually ashamed for thinking those things. I'm not big into tabloids but you couldn't go to the checkout line at the grocery store or put on 'E' without there being some story about this love triangle, so I knew who she was or who I thought she was from all the crazy stories. As I continued to watch the show I realized we had some things in common, mainly the ability to say whatever thoughts came into our head and deal with the consequences later. I fell in love with Brandi's candor and she is now my absolute favorite housewife of any franchise. Personally, I think she should have been given her own show because she is such a hoot to watch. I'm not going to go into details, you need to read the book for yourself, but suffice to say it is a truly cathartic experience that Brandi takes you on. She has no problem being self deprecating and is honest to a fault but she's also very funny. She admits all of her mistakes but doesn't mind admitting those trespasses against her. You truly walk a mile in her shoes, she didn't hold anything back as so many tend to do so that they'll look better. She exposes everything and that's why we love her, she's real in a town where so many are fake. I mean, her husband left her for a new vagina, so she made him pay so she could have a new vagina as well. Who does that?!! #Wicked Pissah (as we say in the Northeast). I actually teared up reading the last paragraph and that's when I realized I had come to the end of the book (can't always tell on the Kindle) and it left me wanting another. I can only hope, and can't wait, for Brandi's next book and to see where the journey takes her. She has overcome a lot of adversity, a lot that would have crumbled a weaker person and I, for one, am glad that she didn't just roll over and die.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Missing Pieces/Received Damaged, February 5, 2013
I just received this via UPS 10 minutes ago. It is missing the iPhone 5 attachment. The picture shows 8 adapters but I only received 7. Additionally, I'm not sure how I would recharge this as there is no charging mechanism received. I've already put in for a refund with Amazon. I'm going to have to find another solution for an external battery. I would order again but do not want to receive another damaged item. This one was clearly a return from another customer. It was all scratched up on the metal surface.

Simply Scandinavian
Simply Scandinavian
by Magnus Englund
33 used & new from $10.47

3.0 out of 5 stars Scandinvaian Mixture for the Wealthy, January 10, 2013
This review is from: Simply Scandinavian (Hardcover)
I love that this book had a mixture of old and new and that each home told a story. I like to read about the design, just as much as I like to look at the pictures. I was a little disappointed that the primary focus seemed to be on the wealthy. I was hoping for a Scandinavian design book on how the 'everyday' home is lived in. These were either secondary homes or complete gut jobs with architects and designers involved (nothing simply about that). I'm not anywhere close to the budgets of these home owners but that doesn't mean I cannot take inspiration from this book, and it was certainly filled with lots of beautiful and inspiring photos.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 14, 2013 9:45 AM PDT

GreatShield iSlide Slim-Fit PolyCarbonate Hard Case for Sprint / Verizon / AT&T Apple iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S (White)
Offered by GreatShield Store
Price: $5.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Turned Yellow - Plastic Exterior Wore Off, December 12, 2012
After using this white case for a little over a week I noticed the color turning a yellowish-white. There seems to be a plastic coating over the case that is also wearing off. I don't use my phone that often so I can't imagine how much it would deteriorate for someone that does. Under that coating the phone is white but I need to get the rest of the coating off so that the case will be white. I'd prefer that instead of this yellowish case. I've ordered and used many Great Shield cases but this is the first time I've been disappointed. It seems the material is different. At the same time I ordered this one in white I ordered my husband one in black. His case feels different and has held up much better. It seems that his has an almost velvet feel whereas mine is definitely plastic. Too bad. I'd still order from Great Shield but won't order white ever again.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4