Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports
Profile for S > Reviews

Browse

S's Profile

Customer Reviews: 773

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

S RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Dark Planet Warriors: Escape: SciFi Alien Romance Serial (Episode 3)
Dark Planet Warriors: Escape: SciFi Alien Romance Serial (Episode 3)
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, sweet alien romance. Part 3 of Abbey and Tarak., March 12, 2016
This book 3 about Tarak and Abbey was such a fun read! The romance is sweet and even kind of fuzzy, considering just how lethal this hero is. I love when a hero is rough and tough with any and everyone, but then will turn around and softly, gently kiss the h on the forehead. So satisfying when a hard man like Tarak softens to love. And let no man try to come between him and his Abbey, either. He tells her, "You are mine, and no one, Kordolian or otherwise, is going to take you away from me." Now, that's a sweet, badazz alpha-male taking care of business!

I also liked that Abbey could take care of some business herself. So nice to read an h who's in a dangerous situation but does something smart instead of stupid. She's curvy and feminine, smart and tough in her human way, and a perfect match for Tarak. He's obsessed with her, and she's equally smitten with him. There's some good action/adventure in the story, but it never overwhelmed the romance for me.

I actually hated for this to end. An author's note says a full-length novel is due in April. I'd love to see Abbey and Tarak again, maybe in a book about Xal? I think the author has nicely set this up for more stories, and a romance about the Wild Prince would be great. I'm not totally sure where the author's going next, but I do know Earth females had better watch out! Looking forward to more alien romance from this author.

Maggie's Story (Intergalactic Matchmaking Services Book 1)
Maggie's Story (Intergalactic Matchmaking Services Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Light, fluffy alien-romance, March 9, 2016
This was a light, easy read without too much drama or angst involved. I liked both main characters; the h is a curvy, plucky teacher, and the alien H is cool-looking with his bright, mottled skin coloration, shaved/tatted head, and kind of feline facial features. I did want more about his background, his character. The story/characters were light and could have used more depth, I think, but overall, considering this is the author's debut novel, I think it's a solid first book. A nice sweet feeling to the romance, although I would have loved some sexier/steamier scenes, a bit more passion and less fade to black, maybe.

So, mostly an enjoyable read. Just wanted a bigger, more drawn out feeling of romance to the h/H. The h's cat was cute in the story! As a cat person, I enjoyed that. I'd be willing to check this author out again.

The Major's Mission: The Complete Series: (An Alpha Alien Romance Serial) (Lords of Zanthar Book 2)
Price: $3.99

3.0 out of 5 stars An okay read, March 7, 2016
This was okay. It didn't wow me, and toward the end, I was skimming quite a bit. There was a lot of action, running all around the ship, and I desperately needed more quality time with my h/H. Some of the action was okay, but other action was repetitive and was more the h/H doing stupid things. To be a captain and a major, they sure did some clueless stuff. She's a prideful Earth girl, and he's a moody, arrogant alien with mint-green skin-tone and black eyes. I liked how they were prickly with each other at times, but they didn't really gel for me as a couple. The romance didn't come together for me. Not believable by the time the story ended.

A few editing errors, nothing really bad. You can tell this was a five-part serial at one time as the story wasn't seamless; there would be a re-cap of who and what every so many chapters, and that was a little annoying. There's a lot of potential here, but the author lost me with some of the prolonged action and not enough romancing going on. I love h/H stranded/relying on each other, and the sample was promising, but the story fell flat for me. I got this as a free Prime rental.

Trapped: A SciFi Convict Romance (The Condemned Book 1)
Trapped: A SciFi Convict Romance (The Condemned Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars An okay read for me., March 5, 2016
Futuristic romance with an h stranded on a prison planet? I'm so there. Love that whole concept, especially when combined with gruff convict H who's been without a woman for eight years; add in an element of coercion-- I'll do anything you want, hero, anything, if you keep me alive out here-- and it was just a good premise all the way around. However, while I enjoyed some things about the book, I found myself skimming at times.

Both h/H are likeable, definitely the sexy hero, and while the h has noble intentions, I did find her a bit annoying rushing into trouble. I admire that she wanted to help, but unless you're a badazz chick with super ninja skills, listen to the man and do what he tells you. He's been on the planet long enough and knows the dangers. She really needed to take those blinders off, too, where her crew was concerned. I got a little tired of her.

The sex was hot, the attraction instant, even given the coercive circumstances, but the overall romance was lacking for me. I liked h/H together, I wanted him to have love again, but I somehow wasn't invested all the way in them as a couple.

A few typos/errors, nothing bad. Story is told in third-person dual POV, and there's an eight-months-later epilogue, but it was more story housekeeping and setting up the next book about the next h. I don't know, I wanted to like this more than I did, but it was just an okay read for me. I didn't love it but didn't hate it, either. Just didn't hold my interest all the way.

Dark Planet Warriors: Taken: SciFi Alien Romance Serial (Episode 2)
Dark Planet Warriors: Taken: SciFi Alien Romance Serial (Episode 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars "The Human is mine.", March 3, 2016
Yay! We finally get sex! Yeah, I was really looking forward to that. Just one scene, wish there'd been another, but it was hot. The H is one sexy, fanged silver alien, and I so enjoyed this Part 2 of the serial. I hated for it to end; wanted more story, more sexy times, and wish I had Part 3 right now to read tonight.

So this story picks up with Abbey kidnapped/rescued (you pick, lol) by the General, our sexy H, about to arrive on his home world, dark, frigid Kythia. He's so badazz. Ruthless, kill you in a minute, and is so confused by his softer feelings toward Abbey. He's protective and growly, and when she's hurt/put in danger, he snarls, "Touch my property again and I'll cut off your hands... Harm her, and you're dead." Abbey's take on his growly proclamations of ownership: "that's very sweet of you and all, in an overly possessive alpha-male sort of way, but I don't belong to anyone, General." She belongs to him, just doesn't know it yet, and of course, I love it!

Some interesting things come to light about the General, and sweet Abbey is about to set foot on a cold, dangerous planet with the most dangerous male she's ever met. I love him! Would love a little more one-on-one time with h/H in the next book. Can't wait for Part 3!

The Rings Fighter: An Alien Apocalypse Story
The Rings Fighter: An Alien Apocalypse Story
Price: $0.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting characters, some hot alien sex, but more a friendship than a romance., March 1, 2016
I read a lot of alien romance, and when Amazon recommended this to me, and after I saw the sexy blue cover and read the blurb, I one-clicked. So, I was expecting a romance between Chloe and Trazen, and once I got over that a romance wasn't happening and realized that this short story was something else, I enjoyed it for what it was.

I liked the author's imagination, the world-building, and the concept of aliens occupying Earth. I especially liked that Trazen was reptilian-like, kind of Saurian, but blue in color, with a long tail that can sting. He was really yummy to read. I only wish this had been a romance. A bit disappointed about that. Might be partly my fault in not checking out the categories it's listed under. Still, well written and interesting, even if there was a bittersweet feeling to it for me personally, and I'm not unhappy I gave this a shot.

Tangled Up Hearts
Tangled Up Hearts

3.0 out of 5 stars Too many misunderstandings for me., February 29, 2016
This review is from: Tangled Up Hearts (Kindle Edition)
I love a jerk hero, but this guy rubbed me the wrong way. He calls or thinks the h a spoiled brat, impulsive, immature, when I really didn't see that he was any better. She actually mans up before he does! His needling grew tiresome, and he was an azzhat most of the time, especially when he blames the h for something that happened, as if she did it on purpose. He'd call her childish but then would turn around and do the very same behavior he'd accused her of.

I thought the author's wording was old fashioned at times, which seemed odd next to words like "fricken" and references to The Walking Dead. That seemed out of sync with phrases like "ole chap." This reminded me of the Harlequins I used to read, all the misunderstandings, the jumping to conclusions, etc. I was tired that h/H didn't cut to the chase and set things straight. Not a bad read, but too much bickering and too many misunderstandings for my taste.

Strictly Off Limits: A Forbidden Romance Novella
Strictly Off Limits: A Forbidden Romance Novella
Price: $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable story; hot sex with a sexy older man., February 23, 2016
I love older man/younger woman romance, and with this h being only 18 and the H 48, I had to read this just for that age difference alone. I loved that H is h's father's good friend, H knew h as a kid, and now h is working temporarily for H while his admin is away on honeymoon. Many things to like about this, and I did mostly enjoy reading it.

The taboo/forbidden element was sexy and hot, with a hint of D/s and even some spanking, all good to read. H is bossy and commanding, and I loved that. He gives orders and she follows them. She's young and willing to submit, to see what he can teach her. I loved how he looked, too: tall, fit, and manly, with deep blue eyes, dark hair showing some grey, sexy, virile and intense. I liked the feeling that he was in to her but knew he shouldn't be lusting after her.

I wish the story had been written in dual POV. It's first-person POV from h, and I really wanted to know more about H, his need for her, his inner thoughts about how wrong his desire was for his friend's daughter. I wanted to see him justifying their potential love/romance. There was definitely more the author could have added, specifically the h's parents' reaction to the relationship. The story ends in a jarringly abrupt way, and I was disappointed that there wasn't more sex and that there wasn't more story. Although there was so much potential to add more before the story ended, I am happy I gave this a try and will look for more from this author.

Women's Shower of Hearts Multicolor Fashion Scarf Silky Soft Shawl
Women's Shower of Hearts Multicolor Fashion Scarf Silky Soft Shawl
Offered by Anika Dali
Price: $28.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, charming hearts, February 22, 2016
I really like this scarf! It's fresh and romantic, soft, lightweight and airy. The background is off-white, but with the floating hearts, it almost has a pale grey look to it. Colors of the hearts: a kind of periwinkle blue, a royal/purple blue, charcoal grey, dark chambray blue, and a light black with an almost dark green tone to it (to my eye). Understated colors but still a bright, happy look overall. It makes me happy to wear it and to look at it. ''
Comment Comment | Permalink

Gron's Fate: Warriors of Vanu
Gron's Fate: Warriors of Vanu
Price: $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars A lot of potential here. I gave it a try and am not upset that I did., February 18, 2016
This wasn't bad. I think it has a lot of potential, and I mostly enjoyed it. Some good things about it and some not so good. I liked that the H is alien and big and tall. His skin color is dark ebony, his eyes a golden yellow, and he has fangs and a brow ridge. He growls and is very territorial and all "mine." He's hairless except for the very top of his head where his hair is long and pulled up into a tail/knot. I pictured a kind of Japanese warrior hairstyle. He's also muscle on top of muscle. He's almost forty and now in search of a mate when he accidentally crash-lands on Earth and encounters the h.

Mabel is 24, a grad student, about 5'10 (a perfect fit for the over 7-foot hero), and she's very curvy and busty. She's a shy redhead whose temper can show when riled up enough. I liked her okay. She's not bad; just her giggling and crying was a bit much sometimes. I did like h/H together. Kind of cute and cuddly and sweet. Loved when H was being super possessive and growly when someone was too near h. The sex was hot to read and plenty of it. I thought the ending felt a little abrupt. I guess not a cliffhanger exactly, as the next book is about the H's brother, I think, but I was left wanting to know just a bit more there at the end. Editing could be tighter, but it's not the worst I've ever read. Setting off the dialogue would make the story read better, definitely.

Although sometimes the pace needed to pick up and move on, the story kept my interest. The setting/world and characters have a lot of potential, and for me, not a bad read at all. Some good and fun things about the story, especially the growly, dark and handsome H. I'd read this author again and will most likely check out the next book in the series.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20