Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Tall Heights Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now
Profile for aReader > Reviews

Browse

aReader's Profile

Customer Reviews: 48

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

aReader RSS Feed (Maryland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Full Strength (Las Vegas Sinners Book 2)
Full Strength (Las Vegas Sinners Book 2)
Price: $3.81

4.0 out of 5 stars Sweaters and conferences, June 30, 2015
I enjoyed the book but there are 2 thing that bugs me. It you've ever attended a hockey or watched one on TV, you WILL see lots of people wearing T-shirts and sweaters in the crowd for the away team. I'm a Blackhawks fan living on the East Coast and yes I wear my sweater to the game when they come to town. The other thing that bugs me is that the Blackhawks lost.

Dark Horse (Class 5 Series Book 1)
Dark Horse (Class 5 Series Book 1)
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved the story, June 27, 2015
Loved the story! I really really really hope that there is a sequel. Save those other 5s! Bane needs a companion too.

Wilder Mind [Deluxe Edition]
Wilder Mind [Deluxe Edition]
Offered by iooo
Price: $12.20
47 used & new from $7.20

4.0 out of 5 stars Missing the joy, May 5, 2015
When I play the first two M&S albums and listen to the music soar...I smile. It makes me happy. To me it sounds like 4 guys having the time of their lives making music. Their joy comes through and I feel it too. I heard they had replaced the banjo for electric guitar but I still preordered the album. I listened to the album at work today. While I liked some of the songs and enjoyed the beat on others, I didn't hear any joy. I miss that.

Ok I have now listened to the album several times now and the more I listen the more I like it so I am raising the star from a 2 to a 4.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 7, 2015 6:29 PM PDT

Air Bound (Sea Haven-Sisters of the Heart Book 3)
Air Bound (Sea Haven-Sisters of the Heart Book 3)
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $7.99

1.0 out of 5 stars I tried to like it., May 31, 2014
I really really did. I kept hoping it would get better. I loved Water Bound so I fully expected to at least like Air Bound. I didn't. I found myself doing ANYTHING to avoid finishing it. At least I can say that I did finish it.

KNOX: Volume 1: Second Edition
KNOX: Volume 1: Second Edition
Price: $0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars I will pass on it, March 30, 2014
From the write up, this book sounds something I would really like to read. Shame that it comes in parts. I think it will pass on it. Although if you want to finish it and put it into one volume, I will reconsider.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 17, 2014 8:34 PM PDT

Hard Body Rock (Rockstar Romance) (The Body Rock Series Book 1)
Hard Body Rock (Rockstar Romance) (The Body Rock Series Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Piecemeal story - avoid, February 19, 2014
This story has lots of promise and if it had a middle and end, I probably would have given it 4 or 5 stars. Since it doesn't, I have to lower the star count.

This "book" is the first two days after Lola gets hired to play guitar for the band. The previous guitarist got drunk during a performance and was fired. So what does the band do...hold auditions among their followers and groupies. They finally hire Lola and then proceed down the road to their next gig. That night they let underage Lola get stupid drunk. She then gets abused by security when she tries to get back on the bus, because the security guys don't recognize her.

I'll admit that I bought "book" 2. Spoiler alert. Lola nails it at the concert, she gets drunk again and they have sex. That's about it.

I guess "book" 3 will start the day after the concert. Will I ever know? No. I don't plan on buying anything by this author again.

There are thousands of authors out there who will tell you a complete story in one book. Those that give it to you piecemeal are just trying to get as much $$$$ from you as possible. I don't think the authors even know where the story is going to go. Then there are others who want to tell a story and work at it until the story is complete. The book might be a bit more expensive now, but a piecemeal "book" is going cost you more in the long run.

There are lots of books I buy just on the author's name. I know I will get a good story. This author is NOT going on my list.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 3, 2014 11:48 PM PDT

Rockstar Romance Boxed Set (12 Book Bundle New Adult BBW) (Insatiable Reads)
Rockstar Romance Boxed Set (12 Book Bundle New Adult BBW) (Insatiable Reads)

2.0 out of 5 stars Disapointed, October 11, 2013
I like rock star romances and most of these were ok. I was disappointed because a lot of them were part one and if you wanted to see what happened you have to fork out more money. One author had part one and part two and I went ahead and got part 3. That part was very very short and a part four is coming. Really!! I don't want book installments.

When the Night Falls in Around Me
When the Night Falls in Around Me
Price: $4.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Smirk smirk smirk smirk smirk, July 13, 2013
Everyone in this book is smirking. He smirks. She smirks. The boss smirks. The other members of the team smirks. I will admit that I only just started the book but I find that I keep betting with myself to see who smirks next. I'm even thinking about how many times smirk is used throughout the book. I did a search on my kindle. Smirk is used 186 times the book. My advice to the author...get a dictionary and start reading it. Maybe you'll find some new words to use.

Waiting for Love (McCarthys of Gansett Island Series, Book 8)
Waiting for Love (McCarthys of Gansett Island Series, Book 8)
Price: $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Only one complaint against the book., February 18, 2013
I totally enjoy the Gansett Island series, but I do have a complaint against this book. It annoyed me so much that I took off a star from the rating.

The story will be progressing with Adam and Abby and then the scene switches to Mac and Maddie or one of the other couples from books 1-7. Now I like finding out what has been happening to the other brothers and sister but there is no indication that the story is changing to another couple. A separator of some type between the story lines would be nice.
Comment Comments (10) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 20, 2013 8:57 AM PST

Always the Baker, Never the Bride
Always the Baker, Never the Bride
by Sandra D. Bricker
6 used & new from $3.05

1.0 out of 5 stars hated it, Hated it, HATED IT, November 2, 2012
I hated almost everything about this book. Even though it's a romance, I sort of expected a plot. I kept thinking "ok maybe something will happen in this chapter" but I was disappointed every time. Some authors (for example Nora Roberts) can write a novel where nothing happens and keep it interesting. This author is no Nora Roberts.

I like to get free books for my kindle. I have found new authors this way and so I'm always willing to give something a try especially with it has 79 five stars. This book isn't even worth a single star. Save your money and go on to another book.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5