Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now
Profile for 80 Shades > Reviews

Browse

80 Shades' Profile

Customer Reviews: 574
Top Reviewer Ranking: 862

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

80 Shades RSS Feed (Austin, TX United States)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Michael Kors Women's Cooper Silver-Tone Watch MK6273
Michael Kors Women's Cooper Silver-Tone Watch MK6273
Price: $250.00
2 used & new from $250.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall a nice watch - not perfect but solid overall, June 2, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
NOTE: this review was based on a free product sample, and was thoroughly tested by a female family member.

In true Michael Kors fashion this watch has a large face and thick band. It can be used as an everyday work watch or seamlessly transfer into a dressy accessory for evening. It's sleek design is both sexy and functional for the right individual. The timing mechanism is very quiet. The band is smooth and comfortable to wear, and has both shiny silver on the outer edges and buffed or matte silver down the middle. Furthermore it does not pull or pinch ones arm hairs, which is definitely a bonus where watches are concerned. The face measures about 4cm (just over 1.5 inches) in diameter. The face has 5 Roman numerals, three chronograph circles, and an opening for the date where the 4:00 position is. The circle on the left is a minute hand. The middle/bottom circle is a second hand and a timer. The third circle shows military time/ 24 hour equivalents. There are three control knobs on the right side of the watch. The top knob starts the second hand timer (which is the middle circle), it is stiff and loud when pushed. The middle larger dial pulls out easily to adjust the current time and date. The third and lowest knob stops the second hand timer when pushed once and when pushed twice acts as a 1 second timer, it is also stiff and loud like the first knob.

One awkward item that I believe cheapened this designer watch was the date fonts. The numbers are noticeably different sizes and fonts. Also the watch design and circles make the appearance of the watch more striking, but of course are a personal preference "thing"; the reality is that the extra dials could be a little confusing and do not add much of any practical use (of course modern day cell phones do all of these functions much easier and interact with other applications relaying this data as well, but then again, the purpose of a watch these days is more towards appearance rather than true utility). The biggest negative is that the watch is heavy and if not worn tightly will twist and the face will fall to the underside of your wrist. This leaves it open to scratches and of course can makes it difficult to read at a quick glance. But again, that comes with the territory of watches with large, heavy faces.

Overall this is a nice watch; my overall rating of this watch is a solid 4 out of 5. Thanks for reading!

Reebok running Gloves, M
Reebok running Gloves, M
Price: $21.43
2 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars nice bright gloves!, May 25, 2016
This review is from: Reebok Running Gloves (Sports)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are some very nice running gloves, and my second pair of Reebok gloves. The original ones I have still are like new after several years of use, so quality of materials is excellent. I have used them to run comfortably when the temps ranging from the 30s to the 50s (any colder and I stick to staying indoors). They are quite visible, which makes night running much safer. The fingertip has the special texture so you can operate touch screen devices while wearing. I am a large adult male with somewhat thin hands, and I prefer to have tight gloves, so the medium works for me (but is snug). Overall a very nice set of gloves!

[Upgraded version] Double Dog leashes Coupler Walker Adjustable Two Dogs Leash Splitter Lead Buffer Elastic Suitable up to 110 Lbs Puppy
Offered by Proimb Direct
Price: $26.99
2 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Much easier and safer than two leashes; should have done this a long time ago, May 18, 2016
This is a great double leash system. I a pair 'o pugs, and they go all over the place and constantly seem to want to tangle their leashes. Now I can walk them with only one hand, and there are no more tangled! The pugs seem happy with the arrangement as well. The leash has enough breathing space for them and can even flex to let them do their own thing, but keeps them close enough that I can now walk them much more safely along roadways or busy bike paths. The construction seems very well made; I used to have labs, and I think this leash would have been fine for larger dogs as well. In summary, a very nice little leash for the money, highly recommended!

Invicta Men's 'Pro Diver' Quartz Stainless Steel Casual Watch, Color:Grey (Model: 22410)
Offered by WorldofWatches
Price: $79.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch, just beware that it technically is water resistant, NOT water proof despite being called "Pro Diver", May 17, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was incredibly fortunate to try out this product for free in exchange for a review.

I love this watch! I have a dozen or so watches and enjoy adding some variety to my collection, and this one definitely is distinctive. It has the appearance of a diving watch, but is really intended to be suitable for casual wear (makes a nice weekend or vacation time piece). The construction is of a fairly heavy steel, and it looks and feel like an expensive, nice watch. I love the quality and feel that Invicta offers for the money; I have bought a couple of other Invictas, and they always get as many compliments and as much notice as watches I have costing 5 times as much. For me they always have performed flawlessly for years of use. Invicta really hits a sweet spot for the quality and value.

The only downside (and ONLY reason I am not giving it 5 stars) is that despite being called a "Pro Diver" watch, the fine print says that it is water resistant down to 330 feet (plenty deep for diving), but that it is technically just water resistant. This means that despite being labeled as a diving watch, you cannot actually dive with it. If they would have called it a "diving style" fashion watch, then I would be giving it 5 stars. Of course as a SCUBA diver, I don't rely on a simple diving watch anyway; I use a diving computer.

In summary, this is a nice watch, just beware that it technically is water resistant, NOT water proof

Design Toscano The Shredder Surfer Dude Gnome Statue
Design Toscano The Shredder Surfer Dude Gnome Statue
Price: $32.90
9 used & new from $25.30

5.0 out of 5 stars A well made and ridiculous looking garden gnome, May 17, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was fortunate enough to try out this product at no charge.

This is definitely an attention-grabbing gnome. It is well constructed, nicely painted, and has a size and feel that is fairly significant; it seems that it would hold up well for years under the sun. This company has been doing business for a long time in this market space, so I am assuming that they make quality products (I have seen them for years in the old "Sky Mall" catalogs they used to put on airplanes).

Now to state the obvious, this is something of a ridiculous piece of art. Honestly I plan on using it as a Christmas white elephant gift. But whether you are a serious collector, if you enjoy having some whimsical garden gnomes on your property, or if you are looking for an outrageous gift for someone, then I can state that this piece seems to be of high quality and might just be the gnome you have been looking for!

B&O PLAY A1 Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker (Natural Silver)
B&O PLAY A1 Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker (Natural Silver)
Price: $249.00
26 used & new from $199.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable sound, nice metal construction, looks, sounds, feels, and is expensive :-), May 6, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
NOTE - I updated the review to correct the type of cable that is included, and to put in the battery life.

I was incredibly fortunate to get to try out this B&O Bluetooth speaker. I am something of an audio nut (and produce music as a hobby), and I have always longed to own a piece of B&O hardware, and finally I got my chance! I have owned numerous Bluetooth speakers over the years, so I have a good comparison base.

BUILD / PACKAGING
Absolutely top notch. Unboxing was very nice, and even an upgrade over an Apple product. The look and feel of the speaker is exceptional. It is made of a heavy metal casing, and just feels and looks like it is industrial strength quality.

ACCESSORIES
Meh. Comes with a USB C charging cable, but no wall plug. Not a big deal, but for the money I would have thought that would be included.

USAGE / CONNECTIVITY
I didn't even need to read the directions; it was quite apparent how to plug it in to begin charging, and I immediately found the power button. One other quick press of the Bluetooth button revealed the device to my phone (Galaxy S5), connection was instant, and I was up and running. At the suggestion of an Amazon user, I tested it at about 80% of the usable volume, and found that it lasts for about three hours on the battery charge (playing dance music).

SOUND
Wow. This really blew me away. The speaker size is small, but the sound is unbelievable. It reminds me of back in the day seeing tiny Bose speakers crank out amazing tunes. The clarity is exceptional; you can truly hear crisp highs, and amazing low rumbles. The bass is not muddy at all. I can honestly say that the sound is the best I have ever heard considering the size of the speaker.

VALUE
This is up to you. These retail for a couple of hundred bucks. Is it really twice (or more) as good as other speakers (sound "per dollar")? If you can afford it and want the very best, or want to give someone an incredibly nice gift, then you can't go wrong with this speaker!

In summary - highly recommended!
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 15, 2016 2:24 PM PDT

Samson Z55 Closed Back Over-Ear Professional Reference Headphones
Samson Z55 Closed Back Over-Ear Professional Reference Headphones
Offered by ONCE IN A LIFETIME DEALS
Price: $188.99
16 used & new from $188.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Phenominal sound throughout the frequency range - wonderful!, May 6, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have half a dozen over the ear headphones which I use for music production and mixing (as a serious hobby, not as a professional). I love music with lots of layers and complexity, and I employ lots of effects which require me to be able to hear subtle changes. Well, these Samson Z55's are definitely at the top of my favorites list!

SOUND
Unbelievable. Throughout the frequency range sound is faithfully reproduced as originally created or recorded; this is close to feeling like I am "live" and in person when hearing music. Some of my other headphones sound good (I have a Yamaha set I usually go with), but below 100hz the frequency response really drops off. These offer the best response for low frequencies that I have ever heard, period. And that does not come at a price of the upper frequencies suffering. These are truly some pro grade reference headphones in my opinion; certainly good enough for a serious pro-sumer hobbyist.

FIT
Excellent. Comfortable. Adjustable. The fit allows it to swivel on the ears, so for almost any size or shape of head this should be comfortable. Even the material that fits over the ears is the most comfortable I have used. Although I would not want to risk loss or damage, I can see that these would be wonderful on a long flight! But I will be keeping mine in the safety of my studio.

VALUE
This all depends on how much you have to spend. I was incredibly fortunate to get to try these out for free (please don't hate me - I've dropped many hundreds on headphone purchases over the years). I personally think this is a FAR superior product to other products that have giant marketing budgets (yes, "Beats" I'm talking to you). But the reality is these sell for a couple of hundred bucks. Some people will not be able to tell the difference between this and a $50 pair of headphones (nothing wrong with that - for casual music listening, I say go with the cheaper ones if you are not a true audio snob). But if you demand the best money can buy, I feel that these are still a good value in that you aren't paying for a giant marketing campaign, but you are paying for good quality sound.

SUMMARY
Highly recommended!

Rubbermaid Commercial Products 3486108 Pulse Microfiber Light Commercial Spray Mop System
Price: $59.17
35 used & new from $52.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice REFILLABLE design (unlike the Shark mop which makes you buy their proprietary bottles and solution), May 5, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This mop cleaning system from Rubbermaid works great. My wife and I have been using similar products for years. We recently tried using the Shark product, only to find out that the containers are NOT refillable (at least not without doing some crazy steps you can find on Youtube; seriously, you have to heat up the bottles on your stove to pop the caps off, not exactly convenient).

So the Rubbermaid product is MUCH better in that the liquid cleaner reservoir is refillable. Otherwise, the product worked fine; I did not have any issues with the trigger system that other reviewers had, but to each their own. As for me, I like the design, and expect to get several years of cleaning service. Now if they would only include someone to operate it ...

Schaeffer Manufacturing Co. 0131-021S Neutra Fuel Stabilizer, 12 oz
Schaeffer Manufacturing Co. 0131-021S Neutra Fuel Stabilizer, 12 oz
Price: $8.23
3 used & new from $8.23

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked well in my 2010 Sea Doo boat (4 stroke engine / supercharged), May 5, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am a big believer in keeping vehicles well maintained and always changing the fluids. As part of my routine maintenance, I run fuel cleaner through the system of all of my vehicles after they are a couple of years old. I used the Shaeffer product on a 2010 Sea Doo jet boat motor (a 4 stroke supercharged engine), and by the end of the day after the first application my boat seemed to be more responsive and lose an occasional "pop" that I assume was fuel that was not injected or burned properly. Also, this is a good application since the boat has gas that sits all winter, so the fuel can use a little "refresher." In summary, it is a great idea to use this or similar products to keep your fuel system and carb or injectors clean. Highly recommended!

DII Home Essential Chevron Luxury Throw for Indoor/Outdoor Use, Camping, BBQ's, Beaches, Everyday Blanket, 48x67", Gray
Price: $44.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice looking throw blanket, May 5, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a gorgeous, soft throw blanket. The pattern looks very "stately" (it does NOT look or feel like a cheapie Wal-Mart clearance sale item). The size is perfect to have as a convenient "couch" blanket (for example). This is a blanket you can feel good about sitting out, even with fancy furniture. Overall it is comfortable, looks great, and feels like it is well-made and durable; recommended!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20