Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports STEM
Profile for Richard Kraneis > Reviews

Browse

Richard Kraneis' Profile

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Richard Kraneis RSS Feed (Chicago, IL)

HP Officejet Pro 8000 Wireless Printer
HP Officejet Pro 8000 Wireless Printer
Offered by I-sell
Price: $599.99
9 used & new from $100.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Be Careful with Install, March 19, 2009
I just installed this printer for a user (customer) via long distance.

I can only speak to two things about this printer: speed and install.

Speed: After being installed, using a USB connection, the printer did print quickly.

Install: Since I install different types of printers, I have to be careful when installing a printer to read the instructions. If you just click Next, Next, Next during this install you will install lots of options you don't want. When installing from setup.exe, you will see a screen with four choices. One of those choices are settings. I ended up de-selecting Web Smart Printing and a bunch of features that only helped HP market/sell more products to the user. Be careful when installing, otherwise HP will bother you with periodic pop-ups selling or marketing things.

Can't speak to wireless, my company doesn't support that.

So after 30 minutes with this printer installing in Windows XP via long distance, I can say it prints quickly and you need to be careful when installing.

Hope this review helps you.

Epson WorkForce 600 Wireless All-in-One Printer (Black) (C11CA18201)
Epson WorkForce 600 Wireless All-in-One Printer (Black) (C11CA18201)
6 used & new from $45.00

2.0 out of 5 stars If 1 Ink Cartridge is out of Ink, Your Printer is Down, March 17, 2009
This printer has 4 ink cartridges. If you run out of one ink, the entire printer won't work. So, if you are out of Cyan ink, you can't even print in black and white.

I had never seen a color ink jet printer with such a dumb method.

So if you print actively, you must theoretically have a spare cartridge for each cartridge: 4 spares. This may help with their ink selling business but doesn't do much for my customer loyalty.

When it prints it prints noisily, not quiet at all.

Can't vouch for wireless use because I go wired.

Not the worst printer I've ever seen. It looks pretty. But I wouldn't buy it again.

Timex Men's T5E231 "Ironman Traditional" Sport Watch
Timex Men's T5E231 "Ironman Traditional" Sport Watch
Price: $39.19
26 used & new from $36.45

1.0 out of 5 stars Keep Your Receipts, May 12, 2008
Too bad I didn't keep my receipts.

This watch has buttons: recall, indiglo, stop, mode, and start/split.

But the most important button is mode. That's what controls whether you see or adjust your time, chronograph, alarms, etc.

For no apparent reason, my mode key "froze". (Trust me, there was no abuse on my part.) The mode key can normally be pushed, but I would certainly need to be an "ironman" to push this button in so that I can use it.

The reviews for this watch were great, I guess I got the bad one. Just keep your receipts.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 2, 2014 9:01 PM PDT

Bass Master Shaw Grigsby: Notes on Fishing and Life
Bass Master Shaw Grigsby: Notes on Fishing and Life
by Robert Coram
34 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Small but Powerful, February 11, 2003
I give this book a 5, and I own a lot of fishing books.
When I first purchased the book it seemed a bit small, would it be worth it? It was.
In short chapters it discusses how to improve your fishing, tournament ethics, and family fishing. That's a lot of ground.
Tired of all those birds nests in your spinning reel? Why not follow Shaw's advice and cast and tug your line gently. No more snarls. Shaw doesn't use the word ethics but that's what he's talking about for tournaments. Read it, and you'll fish differently with your buddies. As for family, Shaw's kind remarks about his wife, kids and dad are special.
I didn't realize it until now but this is a great kid's book also. It works on different levels. Hope the review helps.

The Fly Fisher's Guide to Warmwater Lakes
The Fly Fisher's Guide to Warmwater Lakes
by Cliff Hauptman
23 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars A terrific book., February 6, 2002
During the ice fishing season I read more books on fishing as I wait for open water season...
This is a terrific book. I can't wait until Spring comes so I can use what I've learned from this book.
You will learn about structure, "edges", and the seasonal habits of different species of fish.
Here's one great tidbit from the book. Do you know how high humidity affects fish and fishing? You will after you read this book. Enjoy it.