Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Joseph Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports
Profile for DH in NM > Reviews

Browse

DH in NM's Profile

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

DH in NM RSS Feed

Winchester Brass/Steel 15 Piece Punch Set
Winchester Brass/Steel 15 Piece Punch Set
Offered by OIG Brand Management, LLC
Price: $19.15
19 used & new from $15.59

4.0 out of 5 stars A well made and well designed kit that is useful for amateur gunsmiths and mechanical tinkerers, February 6, 2016
A well made and well designed kit that is useful for amateur gunsmiths and mechanical tinkerers. As other purchasers have pointed out, this is for gently tapping out pins, not punching out rivets or driving spikes, so bending or breaking a punch is probably your bad, not the kit's. I've used mine enough in a couple of months to realize I should have bought it a long time ago. The included tough plastic rods have been handy for drifting adjustable sights and the dual-faced hammer nicely weighted for most work. Only two minor niggles prevented me from giving it five stars: (1) A 3/32 brass punch (or two) would be a lot more useful to me than the giant 9/32 and 5/16 brass sizes, and (2) the unitary hinge and clips on the blow-molded case, like all their type, will certainly crack and fail eventually, so you may want to pre-emptively reinforce them with duct tape (I did).

Paste, Heat Sink
Paste, Heat Sink
Offered by Lighting Sales LLC
Price: $12.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and Effective Insurance, July 29, 2015
This review is from: Paste, Heat Sink
Cheap and effective insurance when using heat on valuable items. I used it to sweat off a soldered flash hider on a rifle barrel. Applied to the outside of the barrel, then wrapped with a wet rag, it did an excellent job of keeping the barrel undamaged from the torch. I intend to use it again to protect the frame when I silver-solder some bottle cage mounts on a couple of steel framed bicycles.

Shell-D RFID Aluminum Wallet Credit Card Holder- Prevent Electronic Scan Theft - Cool Slim Design for Men & Women - 100% Money Back Guarantee, Gray
Offered by PARADISEOWL6
Price: $7.96
2 used & new from $7.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good Card Case, July 29, 2015
A pretty good card case, a pretty poor substitute for a wallet. Carrying more than a couple of folded bills strains its capacity when more than six or so cards are inserted . Also, the super-slick outer shell just begs to slip out of a pocket, unless carried in a really secure manner (like cargo shorts). Not a bad buy for what it is, but view it as an accessory to your standard wallet, not a substitute.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised, February 1, 2014
I ordered this to replace a name-brand wireless doorbell that failed after 9 years. I was hesitant because of the low price, but have been delighted by the performance so far. It actually works better than the $50 set it replaced. Range and reliability have been excellent. I wish that it came with the option of adding additional ringer/receivers, though. And the blue power monitor light on the receivers is VERY bright (brighter than most nightlights), so if you plug one into a bedroom outlet, you may need to park something solid in front of it. If it lasts half as long as the previous one, it will still be a good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Works, February 1, 2014
This product cleared up a case of chapped, cracked hands in six days, when the glycerin-based drugstore lotions couldn't do it in six months. It seems to have enough lanolin in the formulation to do the job, but not so much as to be difficult to apply. It rubs in very quickly, leaves no greasy residue and is virtually scent-less, all big pluses for me. I've also noticed my nails are in much better shape since I started using it. Highly recommended.

New Shoe Horn 24 Inch Stainless Metal HC8
New Shoe Horn 24 Inch Stainless Metal HC8

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid and Reliable, April 2, 2012
The product is exactly as advertised - a non-plastic, unbreakable shoehorn that you can use either sitting or standing. It's one of those convenient little items that you will use every day and should last at least a lifetime. Over time, it should pay for itself by keeping your shoes from breaking down in back. I rounded up and threw away all my worthless plastic shoehorns.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars It works, but not an alternative to real bike lights, October 16, 2011
I bought this in order to put to use some of the freebie LED flashlights I've collected. I had to wrap tape around the flashlight body in order for the mount to hold it (no adaptor sleeves provided). The screw-type clamps for both the flashlight and handlebar are secure, but not suited for quick removal/dismounting, so consider this a semi-permanent mount. I'd planned to order several more if this one worked out, but think the money would be better spent toward dedicated clip-on style bicycle lights, not this adaptor.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 10, 2012 6:38 AM PDT

Casio Men's AW80V-1BV World Time Ana-Digi Data Bank 10-Year-Battery Watch
Casio Men's AW80V-1BV World Time Ana-Digi Data Bank 10-Year-Battery Watch
Price: $19.89
18 used & new from $19.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Great watch for the price, September 26, 2011
While there's probably no ideal watch, this one comes closest to meeting my essential criteria. It's light, very comfortable, relatively thin and cheap enough that I won't shed many tears if I lose or wreck it. It has an analog face so I can read the time outdoors while wearing polarized sunglasses. It has a digital day/month/date display so I can correctly date checks and plan appointments. I prefer numbers rather than hashmarks on an analog watch and this has them. I've torn an expensive long-sleeve cycling jersey and snagged a couple of sweaters on a watch with an unguarded crown; this one has no crown or jutting controls, the function buttons are smoothly and elegantly integrated. While I'll likely use only the alarm functions, this model has lots of cool bells and whistles which might be handy someday, like DST jump and telememo. I've only worn it two weeks, but based on my more than 25 years of off-and-on experience with Casios, it should be dead-on accurate as well as tough (I wore my first Casio, an all-digital model, for twelve years and only junked it when the case was nearly corroded through). On the negative side... I agree with other reviewers that the backlight is almost useless. The "charge" on the luminous hands doesn't last long enough in the dark to make up for it either. Timex' Indiglo is a far superior system. Placing second indicator marks on a watch with no second hand is just silly. And like Casio watches since time immemorial, it has far too much verbiage crammed on the face. Why Casio insist on making their watches look cheap/tacky with all that excess signage is a mystery, but they always have and presumably always will. At least on this model, the lettering is near-microscopic and so doesn't detract much. In short - a very functional, good-looking watch for not much money. Put a second hand and a working night view system on the next version (Do NOT change anything else!) and I'll be first in line for it.

Black Nappa Leather Fanny Pack Waist Bag
Black Nappa Leather Fanny Pack Waist Bag
Offered by Zeckos
Price: $19.98

1.0 out of 5 stars Good design, miserable quality, September 22, 2011
UPDATE 02/23/12: Now that I've used this pack for a while, I'd have to agree with Sue and Rick - don't waste your money. The pack is only partially leather, the main section is made of plastic and began to wear through in only three months. A pity, because I really did like the size and design. Revised to one star.

A nicely designed pack. I consider side pockets essential in a waist pack and this is one of the few that has them. What it does NOT have (thank goodness!) is one or two big clunky and useless (to me) water bottle holders. I ordered this from Amazon because every waist pack I found locally had these appendages. If I ever hike the Serengeti with just a waist pack I may change my mind but until then I view them from experience to be space-wasters and constantly in my way. And I much prefer the look of leather, which is also hard to find locally, over nylon cloth. Construction seems OK considering it's made in China - no missed stitches or loose threads. The satin-like fabric lining of the compartments looks a little thin but the zippers are metal, not plastic, which is always a good sign. How well it holds up remains to be seen, but for the money spent if it lasts a couple of years I'll be satisfied.