Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports
Profile for Mitzi Reinbold w/a Mitzi Flyte > Reviews

Browse

Mitzi Reinbold w...'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 50

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mitzi Reinbold w/a Mitzi Flyte RSS Feed (Oley, PA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Ghost in the Rain: A World of Gothic: Scotland
Ghost in the Rain: A World of Gothic: Scotland

5.0 out of 5 stars For Lovers of Gothic Romance, July 12, 2016
I grew up reading Phyllis Whitney, Nora Lofts, Daphne du Maurier, and Mary Stewart. I love Gothic romances with the dark hero and the mystery. This book did not let me down. The dark, brooding hero was not an earl or duke, but a rock star plagued with his own demons. Was the ghost real or was someone trying to make the rocker think he was crazy? And I was really surprised...I thought I had it all figured out. Wrong!
I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who loves the Gothic genre.

The Rule Book
The Rule Book
by Jennifer Blackwood
Price: $14.99
27 used & new from $11.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Movie...needs to be a movie., May 13, 2016
This review is from: The Rule Book (Paperback)
As I read this book I kept thinking: movie. This needs to be a romantic comedy. I loved the author's voice...very "new adult" genre voice. The story didn't lag and I was sailing right along with Lainey. I think we've all had that sense of not belonging and fear of making mistakes when taking a new job. and Blackwood handled all of that like a pro, along with a budding romance.

And even though I love hot romances and I've even written a romantic erotic novella, the lack of explicit sex was refreshing.

I definitely will read more from this author....

Night Home
Night Home

5.0 out of 5 stars A New Type of Vampire, January 26, 2016
This review is from: Night Home (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book with a new way of looking a "vampires." As another reviewer said, it makes one seem as if vampires are real...maybe another, diverse race that have their own history of discrimination and abuse.
The author uses an inheritance of an old house in a small village and Muriel finding her great-uncle's scientific journal about his research on an unusual group of people in the village to begin and build the story.
Although "Night Home" is actually a novella, Titus was able to make the main character and her new friends likable. She also made the potential danger equally believable.
I would recommend this book for any virtual vampire lover

I, Ripper: A Novel
I, Ripper: A Novel
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Graphic but Great, September 18, 2015
How can one love a book that contains so much violence, a book about one of the most (if not THE) famous killer in history?
I love historical novels of any type and this is a great historical novel.
This isn't just about Jack. It's also about Victorian London...maybe even all of the British Empire of the time. The fact that Hunter alternates between Jack's point of view (in a diary) and a reporter's (in a memoir) makes the story feel like it's just happened. Hunter puts the reader in the middle of history, a horrible history, but one that has been repeated throughout time. His narrative of London of 1888 and it's citizens rings true.
There were only five Whitechapel victims but the horror of the murders inspired newspapers for months and discussions on the killer's identity continues,
This book is for anyone interested in Victorian London and true crime.
This will not be my last Stephen Hunter book.

The Secrets of Lake Road: A Novel
The Secrets of Lake Road: A Novel
Offered by Macmillan
Price: $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Debut, August 9, 2015
For a debut novel, this book was excellent. I could not put it down. I love the combining of the mother's story with the daughter's story. The characters were well-written and believable, as was the use of the setting as a character.

All families have secrets; what they are and how they're revealed can make for unforgettable drama.

Well-done.

The Proof
The Proof
Price: $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars More inspiring than The Da Vinci Code, July 28, 2015
This review is from: The Proof (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this fast-paced novel that was a combination of historical and family drama. I've always been a fan of thrillers with a religious/historical theme and this is one that fits both genres.

A good "inspirational" story does not start or become preachy and this story doesn't. The main character's test of faith is believable. He needs a miracle but he has to work hard to get it. The author also wove into the story a hint of what may be happening in the world's religions today.

I enjoyed the author's lovely descriptions of the Italian countryside and here understanding of the culture.

I would definitely read more from this author.

The Language of the Dead: A World War II Mystery
The Language of the Dead: A World War II Mystery
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars WWII and Murder Most Foul, May 7, 2015
I was looking for a "new" English mystery writer and found Stephen Kelly's book. I hope this is the first in a series. He introduces some interesting characters that I want to see again.
Americans are not usually taught about the horrors the English endured during WWII. This book shows that as it weaves in several murders.
Well-done, Mr. Kelly.
When's the next one?

La Gioconda Alternative
La Gioconda Alternative

5.0 out of 5 stars Great new take on an old theme, May 2, 2015
This was a very different take on an old premise. I burned through it too fast, wishing it was an entire novel. It was very well-written and plotted. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Beware the Little White Rabbit
Beware the Little White Rabbit

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful Tribute, April 23, 2015
Alice is in here. The White Rabbit is in here. And you may meet a Queen and a hedgehog, too. But those characters and a heavy dose of the fantastic are the only similarities to Lewis Carroll's original (even though his name makes an appearance).

This is a great tribute to the 150th Anniversary of the original Alice in Wonderland, with stories, in different genres, settings, and time-periods, by some very talented authors.

Although Leap Books is categorized as Young Adult, no one over the age of 12 should shy away from 2015's Alice. It's been years since I was a "young adult" and I loved the experience of falling down this rabbit hole.

Damaged Goods: A Dectective Inspector White Caper (D.I. White Mysteries Book 1)
Damaged Goods: A Dectective Inspector White Caper (D.I. White Mysteries Book 1)
Price: $5.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Twists and Turns Keep You Reading, March 15, 2015
This was one of those "can't put it down" books. It's not the usual British police procedural. The inclusion fo an American serial killer (the "Damaged Goods" of the title) gives it a twist. The Leeds police are searching for the killer in a snowstorm and don't know that they aren't the only ones who want him...that alone kept me reading.

I will definitely read more "Inspector White" books.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5