Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports STEM
Profile for W. Howerton > Reviews

Browse

W. Howerton's Profile

Customer Reviews: 26

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

W. Howerton RSS Feed (South Carolina, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Conrads Wood Food Oil (16 oz)
Conrads Wood Food Oil (16 oz)
Offered by Conrads Oil LLC
Price: $20.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent oil., January 10, 2016
Good stuff. A little goes a long way!

Also, this may not be part of the official product description, but the wood oil does wonders for old wooden gun stocks! Also, it did not react with the metal.

G.H. Bass & Co. Men's Pasadena Oxford,Taupe,9 M US
G.H. Bass & Co. Men's Pasadena Oxford,Taupe,9 M US

3.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, True to Fit, Weak Sole, January 10, 2016
Most people have already gone into details about this product, but I'll provide my experience with the shoes. I will try to be brief.

*I purchased these shoes on September 4th, 2013 and they "died" around June 2014*

Pros___
My foot is 9 inches long and a bit on the wide side. 9D fit me perfectly and they are (were) quite comfortable.
They look nice!
The shoe laces were pretty durable and the outside did not wear out throughout my use.

Cons___
The sole. I am a college student and these shoes simple could not stand up to the amount of walking I put them through (cobblestone/asphalt).
These shoes died during the summer of 2014 when I went to Regensburg, Germany. I was there for about a month (tons of cobblestone walking, mind you!) and by the time I came back in June, the sole on the heel was worn to the point I could see that the heel is actually hollow. The sole around the arch area was split completely from side to side and there were large holes in the middles. Needless to say, my foot was soaking wet anytime there was rain!

Overall, I liked the shoes and they are very comfortable. However, if you plan on doing a lot of walking in these you should purchase a shoe with a tougher sole. I would recommend these to those in an office setting.

*Note: I still have these shoes but they're in another state. I will post pictures when I can.

Rosewill ESD Anti-Static Wrist Strap Components RTK-002, Black/Yellow
Rosewill ESD Anti-Static Wrist Strap Components RTK-002, Black/Yellow
Price: $7.17
26 used & new from $4.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Arrived with corrosion, November 16, 2015
Arrived with corrosion on the inner loop of the snap (see picture).
Comment Comment | Permalink

1.0 out of 5 stars Died just after return deadline expired, March 25, 2015
Worked well at first. I'm a student majoring in CS and on a budget. Most of the computers at my university don't have the software I enjoy using so I decided to invest in (what I thought) was a nice, high quality thumb drive. I ran across this thumb drive and liked the sturdy casing and large keyring.

It worked well for a few weeks; I kept all the tools I needed on this drive (i.e. VCS, IDE, testing tools, projects, etc...). It was nice being able to take everything with me and have all the tools I needed at hand.

The thumb drive began acting "oddly" after 1-2 weeks. Computers seemed to take longer and longer to recognize it, programs seemed to take longer to load from it, etc.

Soon, the thumb drive refused to work for every port. Starting out, it worked for 50% of ports. I would plug it in to one and when the computer did not recognize it, I plugged it in to another and it worked fine.

After a few days of this, it was working for about 10% of ports and continued to get worse until I was having to hop around the IT lab looking for a computer with a port that would accept it.

1 month and 8 days after purchasing this item, no computer will recognize the device or the driver. My twenty page software testing report is lost and all I see when I open the device manager are hidden remnants of a driver installed long ago.

$30 dollars was quite a large investment for someone who survives on 1 pack of poptarts a day, especially for a thumb drive. This is one of the first bad purchases I've made on Amazon and I am very very disappointed. When my CS friends ask me for a thumb drive recommendation, I will definitely point them in another direction.

New Design!! BLACK SMART CRUSHER® 4PCS Space CNC Aluminum Magnetic Pollen Herb Grinder
Offered by EVERYTHING-ON-SALE
Price: $11.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great grinder, friends are blown away., April 28, 2011
I only just decided to get into the whole herbal remedy scene, and I knew I had to have a grinder. I got this one and all my friends with tons of experience in the field were totally blown away when I told them how much I paid for it. It's a good sized grinder, it's aluminum which is nice, and it's 4 piece which is also nice. I love using it. It does a good job, it was cheap, and it feels like it will last a long time.

EatSmart Precision Digital Bathroom Scale w/ Extra Large Lighted Display, 400 lb. Capacity and "Step-On" Technology [2016 VERSION] - 20,000+ Reviews EatSmart Guaranteed Accurate
Offered by EatSmart Products
Price: $25.95
16 used & new from $21.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product. Affordable and excellent quality., April 18, 2011
This scale fit the criteria I had for finding a scale just perfectly.

The scale had to be-
Durable
Easy on the batteries
Accurate

This particular scale fit my criteria and then exceeded it!

It's durable. I share an apartment with a room mate and I have the bathroom that's most accessible to guests, so when we have parties my bathroom is used quite a lot. I'm not sure why, but everyone likes to weigh themselves when they're in there. It gets tons of use from party goers and myself, who uses this scale anywhere from 2 to 5 times per day.

It's easy on the batteries. No signs of the batteries running out of juice!

It's accurate. It measures weight down to a tenth and is extremely accurate.

An extra plus about this scale is that it's very quick to come up with an answer for you. Takes a little bit less than a second for me. Just be sure not to shift your weight, or you'll confuse it!

Extra notes:

The silver colored legs and the glass platform means that it goes well with any bathroom theme or color scheme. It goes well with both dark and light, modern and traditional, and has a well lit easy-to-read display.

On top of that, you'll be supporting a growing small business.

Franmara Flask and Cigar Gift Set
Franmara Flask and Cigar Gift Set
Offered by WineStuff
Price: $41.99
5 used & new from $33.25

4.0 out of 5 stars The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly., April 11, 2011
This review is from: Franmara Flask and Cigar Gift Set
The Good:

The funnel is very handy to use while filling the flask, this prevents spilling some of your more expensive liquors.

The cigar cutter is very sharp and works flawlessly. It's made of all metal pieces, no plastic.

The flask leaves no bad aftertaste in your beverage and has a rubber o-ring inside the cap to prevent leakage.

The storage case for this set is well made and classy looking. Looks good alongside my humidor.

The Bad:

The cigar travel tube cannot hold any of the cigars in my collection, mine are too large. I wish it was a bit bigger to appeal to a broader audience.

The Ugly:

The leather wrapping on the cigar tube is a pleather (plastic leather a.k.a fake leather) wrap that is glued on. The gap between either ends of the wrap is clearly noticeable. This is of no concern to me though, since I cannot use the tube.

The Bottom Line:

This is a nice Flask and Cigar gift set, but the cigar travel tube leaves some to be desired, so I will rate this product 4*. I would recommend it to a friend.

Kestrel Belt Carry Case, Kestrel 4000 Series
Kestrel Belt Carry Case, Kestrel 4000 Series
Offered by Weather Republic LLC
Price: $15.00
63 used & new from $15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better case than I thought when I ordered it, August 2, 2010
To start off, the Kestrel K4000 Carrying case seems like your average nylon belt fixture for the K4000 series, but it is beyond ordinary! Here are the features that make this little case a MUST BUY if you own a Kestrel K4000 series (this includes the Kestrel K4500) mobile weather tracker.

There is a little hole in the front and back of the case in the exact shape of the crevice that contains vital sensors in the K4500 (the one I have). Paired with the K4500's invaluable ability to "wake up", collect data, and go back to "sleep", this hole allows the K4500 to collect data from the air that it is exposed to, as opposed to taking measurements from air that is trapped inside the case.

The clip on the case is like nothing I have ever seen! The clip is such that it can either be clipped on your waist band (or any other piece of clothing for that matter, like the rim of a pocket) or you can feed your belt through it. You'll have a hard time letting this case slip off your person, with this loop in action.

There is a tall loop on both the outside and the outside of the case. The one on the inside of the case can be used to store two AAA replacement batteries, so you don't miss out on vital data when your batteries run dead in the field! The use of the outside loop isn't revealed in the product description, but I believe it can be used to carry a pen via pocket clip to take notes in the field.

The final feature is a small nylon loop on the back, towards the top of the case. Personally, I would feed para cord through it and attach it to the straps of my backpack if my belt was being covered by a large parka or rain coat. I suppose one could also make a necklace of para cord to fit the case onto... use your imagination!

To sum it up,

Pros:

Very well made, I was rather surprised
Innovative clip system for several uses
Several versatile loops
Exposes sensor of the K4500 to the outside air for accurate readings
EDIT: Just found out the clip can pivot!

Cons:

Slightly expensive at $15, but is worth every penny in my opinion, especially if you already spent the $300 on the K4500

5.0 out of 5 stars My first "real" sunglasses, June 14, 2010
My father owns these sunglasses, and he's always loved the quality and clarity that these sunglasses deliver. Then one day, he thought he lost his pair of Maui Jim Kahunas and he just couldn't do without them. He bought another pair the next day. A month later, he found his older pair of Kahunas down under the seat of his truck. Since he had a spare pair, he let me wear them occasionally when we were out on the boat and riding on long trips. After having worn through several pairs of cheapo 20$ sunglasses from the grocery store I worked at during that time, I was looking for a long term upgrade as I was starting to "come of age" and become more responsible. I decided to purchase a pair of Kahunas after hearing my dad talking about their awesome warranty service.

The quality is unlike any other! The lens are scratch resistant and never fog, it offers fantastic UV protection (I can even see indoors with these on), and it cuts through almost all of the sun glare left on the water, so you can see fish under the surface. Besides doing what all good sunglasses should do, they practically enhance your vision! With these sunglasses, you can see how some clouds have a slight green tint to them while some others have a slight yellow or blue tint. You can also see the tinting marks on windows!

Oh and, they're stylish.

4.0 out of 5 stars So many possibilities!, June 11, 2010
This particular item is fairly well known, and it is extremely useful. This nylon para cord has been tested to hold up to 550 pounds. Keep in mind, that's with dead weight hanging, no moving or jerking. Also keep in mind that any knot (such as a bowline knot) will weaken the cord by as much as 50%. The various uses of para cord are endless. Some common uses are:

Setting small game traps or snares (as opposed to cable/wire)
Creating lanyards for things such as knives and cameras.
Pitching tents
A quick clothes line to dry your wet clothes on
Securing a tarp

The possibilities are endless!

So, to sum it up...

Pros:
It's fairly cheap
Comes in several different colors
It's strong
Very useful

Cons:
It stretches (slightly), so that extra-tight clothesline you just put up will sag a little.
It frays on trees.

**UPDATED January 25th, 2011**

Just to give people an idea of how creative you can get with it, I just used about 6 feet of 550 Paracord to attach my shower curtain to the shower rod. (I didn't have shower curtain rings)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3