Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Dolly Parton Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports STEM
Profile for Oracle of Delphi > Reviews

Browse

Oracle of Delphi's Profile

Customer Reviews: 35

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Oracle of Delphi RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Cycle Force Group Butyl Presta Bike Tube (4 Count), 700cm x 25/35-Inch
Cycle Force Group Butyl Presta Bike Tube (4 Count), 700cm x 25/35-Inch
Price: $12.99

1.0 out of 5 stars 3 out of my 4 split open at the same spot next to the stem. haven't tried number 4 yet., June 9, 2016
Really hit or miss. The batch I got seems to have a defect near the stem. First one I inflated to 80 PSI. Popped just after I finished mounting the tire. Second try I inflated to 65 PSI. it held for about 20 minutes after I mounted the tire then split open at nearly the exact same spot (inward just next to the stem).
Double checked my rim and tire to see if anything could be puncturing the tubes, but they're good.
3rd try, Inflated to 50 PSI. Pretty horrible ride, but it held for a good 35 mile ride. then the next morning flat as a pancake. Didn't check if the hole was in the same spot. I've got 1 tire left that I'll try and use, but I'm not all that hopeful.

[Version 2.0] Tronfy® "iWork" Mini4.0 Minimal Sheltered Wireless Bluetooth V4.0 In Ear Earbud/Earpiece Earphone Headphone Headset w/Mic Support Stream Music/Video/Audio For iPhone 6,6 Plus,5,5S,5C,iPad,iPod, MacBook Air,Sumsung Galaxy S5,S4,Note,HTC One(M8),Most Bluetooth Enable Device- Apple Andriod Smartphone,Cell Phone, Laptop,Tablet,PSP (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, awesome microphone on this thing., April 13, 2015
Wow, as another reader posted, it helps greatly to glue the ear piece on. With the ear piece, this thing is far enough away from my ear that it's pretty sweatproof. It can be very loud, and the mic is fantastic. It can hear me whispering.

2001-2006 Acura MDX Memory #1 Keyless Entry Key Remote Fob Clicker With FREE PROGRAMMING & DISCOUNT KEYLESS GUIDE
3 used & new from $38.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Pay attention to #1 or #2, April 13, 2015
nice not to have to re adjust everything when I use the car. I'm so lazy, that I don't even like to push the buttons on the door handles. This took care of that annoyance.

Amscan Mini Cubes Party Favors Cube Puzzle (6 Pack)
Amscan Mini Cubes Party Favors Cube Puzzle (6 Pack)
Offered by THE BT GROUP
Price: $6.03
10 used & new from $5.52

4.0 out of 5 stars jam easily and stickers fall off when wet, still worth the money. Great for a party., April 13, 2015
Perfect for party bags. stickers shift sometimes so you don't want to get them too wet, still good for a party of 4+ year old children.

Seidio CSWSSGS4-BROBEX Waterproof Case for Samsung Galaxy S4 - Retail Packaging - Black/Red
Price: $53.95
8 used & new from $44.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Your phone will be fully protected., December 30, 2013
My last phone was kept in an otterbox defender series. Despite the bulkiness, I was thoroughly impressed by the condition of that phone when I finally removed it from that case and resold it for nearly the price I paid because it was in almost new condition.
Everything about this case tells me that it will keep my phone in even better condition than that.
Now I bought a fully enclosed phone and even have the satisfaction of knowing that the phone is waterproof, REALLY WATERPROOF.
IP68 isn't just submersible for a few minutes and you're safe, it's a "take it snorkeling with you" kind of rating. I regularly take mine to the pool and recreation center to take underwater pictures with my family.
There's a little loop so you can attach a camera cord to the case (which I suggest you do since the plastic can make it kind of slippery and dropping the phone in a lake would suck).
The case doubles the thickness and adds a couple of millimeters at the ends for length. the ports flip open for access to the chargers.
I personally worry about wearing out the joints of these covers, so I opted for wireless charging and bluetooth, now the phone is always sealed.
There's a chamber with slits that protect a thin, yet water-tight membrane covering the speakers so that sound can still pass through which is why the sound quality is so well retained. There are also recessed windows for the camera lens and flash in the back.
On the front, the main button is raised (as well as the power and volume buttons) and now requires a slightly firmer press to actuate.
Screen responsiveness isn't lost (unless there's water on it), nor is the quality. In fact, it's really nice to be able to dunk the thing in the sink to wash the screen.
there are a series of evenly spaced dots over the screen that are noticeable when held at certain angles over a black background. I wouldn't call them distracting, but just something to note.
The flip covers are located at the top and bottom of the phone. The cover at the base provides the locking mechanism for the case and, when opened, provides access to the micro-usb port. The upper flip cover is actually an 80/20 split where the smaller of the two covers the earphone jack and the larger provides the 2nd locking mechanism for the case. There is a recess window on the larger to provide sBeam access to the sensor.
My phone's version is the i9500 which is a very snug fit. Unlike another reviewer, there is no room for movement for the phone within this case. There is a rubbery spine that pushes against the back of this phone and leaves air chambers in the back. This is a necessary evil. Evil since it nearly doubles the thickness of this phone, but necessary so the phone doesn't overheat.
I should mention the "twist-on" waterproof 3.5mm headset jack extension as there are situations where this might be needed despite the phone not going underwater. The hole left by the smaller flip cover on the top may not be large enough for some headphone jacks which have a large base. The extension inserts and requires a quarter twist to lock and secure it as waterproof again. After it's locked in the headphone jack just dangles and you can connect your headphones there.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 10, 2014 2:06 PM PST

5.0 out of 5 stars BIOS still needs a little work, May 13, 2013
I purchased two of these motherboards and had to update this board to bios version 39 to work with a 3rd generation Intel processor (i7 3770k and i5 3540k if anyone wants to know if they work). But I had to use an old Celeron processor (bought elsewhere for about $30) and iFlash to perform the BIOS update before it would work with the new processors. This was the biggest pain.
I ran into some memory issues also. Whenever I made a change to the hardware (unplugging a sata drive, switching the video cards etc) the board would lose track of a couple of memory slots. The fix for me was to set the back to bios button, boot into bios restore mode, set everything back to default, save and reboot normally. Violla my memory is back to 32GB of ram instead of 16. This kind of sucks if I've set the overclocking just to where I want it to be and will have to re-tweak everything to get it back.
Maybe a future BIOS update will fix this, but for now, since I don't plan on any new hardware changes, I'm happy with this.

The board:
External Ports:
2 High Current USB 2.0 ports (1000mA)
1 firewire
1 eSATA 6gb/s
4 USB 2.0
2 USB 3.0
1 10/100/1000 Ethernet
1 HDMI
1 DVI
1 Intel Display Port
HD audio ports with Optical Audio (10 channel)
1 back to bios switch (a switch that is the equivalent of resetting the BIOS jumper but found on the back panel)

Internal ports:
an internal power and reset switch on the motherboard
4x SATA 6Gb/s
4x SATA 3Gb/s
2x PCIe x16
2x PCIe x1
3x PCI
4x DDR3 Memory Slots (32Gb Max)
1 USB3.0 Front Panel

The board comes with this "thing" I couldn't figure out what it was. A plastic block that attaches to a USB header while the other end mounts via an adhesive side to the inside of my case somewhere. I looked up the model on its sticker and found out that it's a Wireless/Bluetooth Combo. Here's what Intel says about it.

"The module is an MSI MS-3871 WLAN 802.11b/g/n 1T1R+BT2.1 EDR Combo Slim Module. It is a USB 2.0-based device and connects to a USB header on the board."

for a little perspective, the board does give a little performance boost to your processor. the example I can give is for my wife's computer which has the i5 3540k that used to be on the DZ68DB. the windows experience index rated the processor at 7.5.
with this board, that bumped up to 7.6.

Myself, I've got some crappy RAM and can't overclock it until I replace the RAM. So stock performance with an i7 3770k is at 7.7.
I wouldn't be surprised if I could bump this up to 7.9 air cooled.

As I'm writing this, note that I'm using BIOS version 39.
Once a while, after either playing with the BIOS or manipulating hardware, I lose memory in slots 2 and 4. My sticks are still plugged in, but it just won't show that I have memory on those two channels.
What fixes this for me is to go into the bios and set the memory speed too high. This will cause it to fail to POST. Then I engage the Back2BIOS button and load the BIOS defaults. Then save and restart with Back2BIOS disengaged. My memory always reappears after this and I can go and edit the performance settings again.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Neither a great watch or a great video recorder, April 30, 2013
I bought the watch thinking it would be cool to have a Li Ion powered rechargeable watch. WRONG, the watch component functions completely separately from the video. Even has its own battery which can and will die. Please refer to one of other reviews on which battery size to purchase to replace the battery for the watch function. Again, this battery does not apply to the rechargeable one that provides video recording functionality. You can still take recordings even if the watch stops telling time.

Whatever, I can still take video underwater which is also kind of fun.
here's how to work the damn thing:
let's label the buttons 2,3,8,9 and10 according to the hours they are closest to, for example the button at 3:00 will be 3.
this said, the buttons at 2 and 9 aren't buttons but screw on caps. I bet this thing isn't waterproof without the caps so don't lose them.
Cap 2 covers the microphone and does not unscrew completely by design. I would describe it as a presta head for a bicycle inner tube.
Cap 9 covers the usb interface. The interface is a 2.5mm RCA style jack. The supplied interface cable is a usb to 2.5mm jack.
I know this thing said MP3 somewhere but that's a misprint and before you ask, it's not a media player of any kind.
Don't expect to be able to find a replacement cable for this easily. Also, if your computer doesn't recognize the device, try plugging it directly to a motherboard usb outlet as mine does not work through a USB hub.
Button 3 is actually just a pull out knob to set the time, nothing new there.
Button 10 is for taking photos or recording audio (will get more into this later)
Button 8 is for toggling standby mode or taking video.

The camera is set so that 6:00 is oriented at the top. (makes perfect sense if you're recording others and not yourself)
The functionality is similar to a camcorder in that there's an on/off state and a standby/recording state though it is difficult to tell which you are currently in.
To start, hold down button 8 for 3 seconds.
If you see flashing red lights then no lights after you've released the button, then the recorder/camera feature is turned off.
If upon release you see a solid blue light then you're in standby mode. This blue light should remain on until you press something else. if it flashes red again, please see my update at the bottom.
Now that you're in standby, you can do one of three things:
1. take a picture.
a. press button 10 briefly to take a picture. The LED should go red, then return to blue which means you're back in standby
2. record audio
a. press and hold button 10 for 3 seconds to start recording audio. Remember to unscrew cap 2.
b. pressing button 10 briefly will save your recording and return you to standby mode.
c. pressing and holding button 10 for 3 seconds will save your recording and power off the recorder.
3. record video
a. briefly press button 8 to start recording video.
b. briefly pressing button 8 again doesn't seem to interrupt the video recording
b. pressing and holding button 8 saves the video and will power off the recorder

Another reviewer has posted means of setting the time and date for the recording functions. I've personally tested it and it works like a charm.

USB and connecting to the computer:
I've had the best luck getting this thing to work with a PC by leaving it in standby mode and plugging it in.
the RCA jack should insert all the way into the watch. Do not remove the RCA jack from the watch while the USB side is plugged in, it may short and cause a power surge error in your PC and render the USB ports dead. (a simple reboot of the PC will fix this).
Once plugged in, the watch should show up as a removable disk with 3 directories:
1. IMAGE
2. RECORD
3. VIDEO
you'll notice that this thing records video in AVI, so I suspect you might be able to plug it directly into some other media players such as televisions and watch without going through a PC at all.
The audio is in WAV format and the images are JPEG's (.JPG)
This thing also works fine with Windows 8 (no surprise there)

P.S. On a humorous note. I got a kick out of some stock video left on mine showing the watch being worked on by some un-suspecting Chinese worker (I recognize the mandarin they were speaking). I would have loved to tell you that they were plotting to take over the U.S. by spying on us with these watches, but it was just a long video of the ceiling occasionally interrupted by a woman standing over while working over the sound of an annoying auto-greet message playing in the background over and over (and over and over).

<UPDATE>
Use the "Safely Remove Hardware" feature within windows when ejecting the USB connection, otherwise it can be left in a weird state where it won't go into standby mode. Please take a look at the comments section as this seems to be a common problem.
1. connect via USB
2. wait for the drives to show up, (disconnect/unplug without the safely remove hardware option and reconnect if the usb drive doesn't show up)
3. right click on the safely remove hardware icon next to the clock on windows machines (looks like a usb connector with a green checkmark)
4. Select the USB disk and wait for a couple seconds
5. unplug your USB connection
this is a good rule to follow for any USB device. Though for this stupid watch, it's particularly important.
</UPDATE>
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 7, 2013 8:40 AM PDT

4.0 out of 5 stars 3 beep code problem?, April 25, 2013
This board was originally made for the 2nd generation intel processors but is fully compatible for some 3rd generation processors provided that the bios is updated.
In my case, when I put in an i5 3470, all I got was a 3beep memory error code. Pissed me off quite a bit. To fix this I had to buy a $35 Celeron processor and format a usb stick to iflash an updated bios to the board. To avoid this somehow, the seller will have to tell you which bios version is on the MOBO, good luck with that. The bios should be version 40 or later (I used version 43)

ITE-CIR connectors
additional connectors (near the memory and above the processor) for the front and rear fans respectively.

Intel BLKDZ68DB DZ68DB ATX LGA1155 DDR3-1333

Intel Boxed Desktop Board BOXDZ68DB Media Series Socket LGA1155 ATX Motherboard
Offered by Warehouse of Savings
Price: $94.99
4 used & new from $94.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Some growing Pains for 3rd generation intel boards..., April 25, 2013

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4