Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Ryley Walker Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now STEM
Profile for Scott Tracy > Reviews

Browse

Scott Tracy's Profile

Customer Reviews: 27

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Scott Tracy RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Cap Well Watrtite6-5/8"
Cap Well Watrtite6-5/8"
Offered by Life and Home
Price: $37.99
6 used & new from $37.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product., August 19, 2016
This review is from: Cap Well Watrtite6-5/8" (Misc.)
Great product... old metal cap had been hit by a lawn mower and cracked in two. Directions were easy and the seal on this is good and tight. My well guy wanted $150 to install one, and perhaps that one would be metal, but for the price I think this is perfect!

Tow Ready 118412 T-One Connector Assembly with Circuit Protected ModuLite Module
Price: $47.35
35 used & new from $38.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Work smarter not harder!!!, April 29, 2015
I installed this harness in about a half hour... And I had an epiphany in Walmart on how to avoid having to run the hot lead up to the battery or splicing in to the tiny wiring for the 12v accessory outlet that is in the back of the car. I purchased a $3 12 volt accessory plug and used the provided crimps to attach both the red lead wire and the white ground wire to the accessory plug. When I need to use the harness I pull both the harness and accessory plug out and I insert the plug into the accessory outlet, and it works great! This also saved me from having to drill and tap the ground to the chassis.

Frigidaire 12,000 BTU 115V Through-the-Wall Air Conditioner with Temperature Sensing Remote Control
4 used & new from $906.03

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice unit with some minor objections...., June 18, 2014
We finished space over our garage and now have a 600sf bedroom with 10 foot ceilings and this is our first summer in it, so we needed a good cooling solution. We had a dedicated 15 amp 110 volt circuit for cooling, so we were limited with our options, as anything bigger than 12000 btu's would be 220 volt. I originally order the older version of this unit, and realized a little too late that this new one existed, but I was able to order this one and decline delivery of the old one.. The packaging on this unit was good. I purchased the frigidaire sleeve, and that really is a MUST. We have 2 X 6 walls, so the sleeve installed nicely. Only needed to pick up an 8 foot 2 X 6 , some J channel for the vinyl siding, and some trim to finish it off. We were able to cut the sheet rock to the size of the sleeve, and then just had to cut the wall stud through the drywall enough to put in the frame, and the trim covered everything nicely. Installation of the sleeve took a good 3 hours, including messing around with the siding.

I think my only complaint about this unit is that the "low" speed fan is still pretty powerful and a bit loud. I wish their was a "super" low setting for nighttime... But this unit does a good job cooling a large room with some big windows. We may pick up a second one for our great room.

Draw-Tite 24847 Class I Hitch for Toyota Prius '10
Draw-Tite 24847 Class I Hitch for Toyota Prius '10
Price: $95.99
40 used & new from $85.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid as a rock and easy to install!, June 18, 2014
I needed a hitch to install a bike rack on my 2010 Prius, and this one looked to be the best for the money, and I am convinced after installation that it is. I saw all the other feedback and agree that the packaging could be better, but mine was in good shape. They had wrapped the hardware and tongue all up around the sleeve with silver duct tape, which looked pretty hokey but everything was in good shape. I have installed a few of these over the years, and found this one to be one of the easiest, when I first squirmed under my prius and looked up, I was worried it was going to be a big job, but it only took me about 20 minutes... 5 minutes to remove the 4 bolts, and then a good 15 minutes aligning the thing to get the bolts in. I put a pail under the thing to prop it up close to where it needed to be. Also I didnt take the exhaust out of the rubber mount, as I was able to get to both bolts on that side by pushing the exhaust system to the left. Make sure you have a good ratchet with an extension... I had a deep socket and a 5 inch extension and that was just enough.

I was worried that the hitch would reduce my rear clearance too much, but it installs nice and snug under the bumper. Looks great and my bike rack fits nice. :)

ASUS RT-N66U Dual-Band Wireless-N900 Gigabit Router
ASUS RT-N66U Dual-Band Wireless-N900 Gigabit Router
Price: $92.64
172 used & new from $59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally we have a stable router!, May 11, 2014
After years of struggling with the coke and pepsi of routers (netgear and linksys), I broke down and spent a bit more for the ASUS RT-N66U, and I am glad I did. The range is much better, as is the wifi stability. The router interface app is very cool and easy to use, and if there are any security issues you get a message on the interface screen, which I thought was also very cool.

Yamaha RX-V675 7.2 Channel Network AV Receiver with Airplay (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by BARGAIN BUDDY
Price: $494.99
11 used & new from $269.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything I ever wanted in a receiver!!!!, May 11, 2014
I recently completed my master bedroom AV system and this receiver is the heart of it. I am running a 7.1 speaker setup with Micca in-wall speakers (love them!), a 10" Polk Audio subwoofer (love it!), and a 60" Sharp AQUOS LED TV(LOVE IT!). Everything runs through the receiver, including video and audio. I have a blueray player and my HD/DVR cable box both attached to the receiver. The 675 does not come with wireless capability but you can (have to!) order the wireless adapter, because then you can use the thing to its full capability. The Yahama app for the droid/iphone is awesome and it allows you to control pretty much everything (you can download it on your phone right now to demo it!). I have a chromecast device connected directly to the receiver (on HDMI 3) which allows me to stream music and videos from my phone to the device. So between the Yahama app and my Chromecast app I can completely control the system with just my phone from anywhere in my wifi network range!!!

The sound quality and power on this system is excellent, and the sound testing system (YPAO) is awesome. It helped me ensure my in wall speakers were balanced and wired correctly (i had some wires crossed). This is what the little microphone is for, and when you plug the microphone into the YPAO port on the receiver the testing app comes right up on your TV and you simply press enter on the remote to being the test. The test gives you a speaker setup diagram and shows distances and levels for each speaker.

It would be nice if wireless was built in to the system, as it is in the RX-V775, but that system is double the price ($800!). It was worth spending $60 on the wireless adapter, and if you don't have Chromecast thats about $30. Get both of those and you will be a cool geek like me!!! ROFL.

Mount-It Articulating Dual Arm LCD HD Wall Mount for 32-60 Inch TVs compatible with Samsung TV
Offered by Value Max
Price: $72.99
2 used & new from $54.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best mount for the money!, May 10, 2014
I recently upgraded to a 60" Sharp AQUOS and wanted to make sure the mount I used with it was both sturdy and adjustable. This product met both of those requirements and far exceeded my expectations! One of the biggest benefits to this mount is that you can pull the TV far out from the wall to gain access to the back of the TV and the wall without having to remove the TV from the mount. When fully closed the mount takes up 4", which is perhaps an inch or so more than a non articulating mount, but its worth it to have the maneuverability. When fully extended it moves the TV out 21", and then you can angle even a 60" TV a considerable amount.

Installation was easy, though when you open the box the amount of bolts, screws, and spaced is overwhelming, but you only use perhaps 1/10th of what they send you, as this mount is universal so they send pretty much everything you would ever need.
If you are buying this mount with a new TV, I think you should use the mounting screws that come with your TV. The thing weighs a TON, but it has to with all of the steel used to build the thing. MAKE SURE you find and mark your wall studs and you get the bolts into those studs. If you are not handy get some help!

One installation note: I installed this by myself, so I removed the TV mounting plate, and this made installation a breeze. You have to remove the 4 bolts and the angle adjusting hex bolt, and make sure to retain and replace the 8 black plastic washers that are on both sides of the mounting plate.

Yamaha YWA-10BL Wireless Network Adapter
Yamaha YWA-10BL Wireless Network Adapter
Price: $52.99
24 used & new from $40.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Plug and play!, May 10, 2014
I purchased this to add network capability to my Yamaha RX-V675 receiver, and so far I love it!!! It lets me use the Yamaha app on my Droid and Pandora right through the receiver. Being able to control the unit from my phone is a godsend!!!

It took about 5 minutes to setup using WPS. I see there a lot of negative reviews, and it seems a lot of that is from pure frustration in getting this thing connected. I think if you follow the directions you can get this connected. If you havent used WPS before, make sure you hold down the button on your router long enough to get it into WPS mode, and then on the wireless adapter do the same. The WPS light on the adapter does not come on until AFTER you press and then release the WPS button. If your router does not do WPS, maybe its time for a new one!

Wolf Skin
Wolf Skin
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Another gem from Jason!, March 5, 2014
This review is from: Wolf Skin (Kindle Edition)
Jason thank you so much for creating this (and your other) wonderful short stories. While I wish they were longer (and would PAY for them!!!), I enjoy them all and I am amazed at how much you pack into these short pieces . This story started out so dark and chilling but you were able to develop compassion and beauty in the characters and their miserable existence. Keep up the good work!!!

12x9 Inches Graphic Drawing TABLET
12x9 Inches Graphic Drawing TABLET

5.0 out of 5 stars Approved by a PICKY teenage daughter....., December 12, 2013
I bought this for my 14 year old artist daughter after a rather expensive tablet croaked... At first she was annoyed that I did not buyer her the same one as her old one, but I said for the money and the reviews this seemed to be a good bet. She really likes it though she said the styus is a bit heavy... She loves the menu controls on the tablet. I have never used it so can not otherwise speak intelligently about it. I would purchase it again, and I would recommend it for the price (hence the review, duh)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3