Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM
Profile for Absolutely Small > Reviews

Browse

Absolutely Small's Profile

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Absolutely Small "Claire" RSS Feed (Northern California, US)

Shut Your Monkey: How to Control Your Inner Critic and Get More Done
Shut Your Monkey: How to Control Your Inner Critic and Get More Done
Price: $9.49

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this little book, July 15, 2016
Ohhhh, I love this little book. When I purchased it, I was in a deep, bad creative rut. About a third of the way through, I felt encouraged and equipped with the mental tools to just get back to creative work. I am a huge fan of Danny Gregory's books and paintings, and this book is no exception. If you are feeling stuck and like quitting art forever, read this book. It's genuinely helpful.

Kuretake MC2036V Gansai Tambi 36 Color Set
Kuretake MC2036V Gansai Tambi 36 Color Set
Offered by It's A Big Deal
Price: $33.74
18 used & new from $33.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Just buy them. They are fantastic., July 15, 2016
Holy cow, did these ever live up to the hype. I work with a number of different sorts of watercolor media, and I've been wary of pan watercolors for far too long. Cheaper ones are often just...awful, not nearly pigmented enough, and hard to work with. But not this set! Oh my goodness, these are some pigment rich paints! They are absolutely delightful to work with. They blend beautifully, they thin down beautifully, and they cover beautifully. They're quite different from the tube watercolors I've tried - frankly, I like these much better. They're easier to get the color juuuust right. Stop dithering, and just treat yourself to these fantastic little paints. You'll be glad you did!
(Side note: I was worried about cracked pans, having read the comments. My paints arrived in absolutely perfect condition - no cracks, no bubbles, just gorgeous. Also, they are surprisingly HUGE.)

VENTELAN Girls Glasses Rabbit Pattern Sleepwear Long Sleeve Brief Pajamas Set BlueAsian Large(USA Size:4-6)
Offered by VENTELAN
Price: $30.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I really like these jammies, February 25, 2016
I really like these jammies! However, I am a fairly petite (read super duper short) person. I ordered the large, and they fit me perfectly.

Rowenta DW2070 Effective Comfort 1600-Watt Steam Iron Stainless Steel Soleplate with Auto-Off, 300-Hole, Blue
Price: $39.38
38 used & new from $24.50

1.0 out of 5 stars An iron that's not designed to hold water..., November 27, 2015
Wow. This is NOT a well designed iron. After two months of using it very carefully, following their very poorly designed instruction book, the iron started leaking. Leaking from the cord when not in use. Leaking from the cord, faceplate, and bottom plastic panel when in use, even when the steam dial was set to no steam. No matter what I did, this iron left a large puddle underneath it. Frankly, this iron is a mess. When I called customer service, they told me that I should not be keeping water in the iron, and that this is a "design feature" of all Rowenta irons. That's right: according to the manufacturer: do not keep water in this iron for any longer than you have to. I guess they want you to walk a hot iron to your sink and drain it completely after every use? For an iron that is used daily, often several times a day, this is completely insane. Their customer service is not helpful. My only option now is to send the iron to their review facility, where they will keep it for 2-3 weeks (their estimate), decide if it's broken enough for them to fix or replace, and then send it/a new iron back to me. I can't be without an iron that long, so I am forced to buy a new one in the interim. Believe me, my replacement iron will NOT be a Rowenta. Never again.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 5, 2016 8:48 PM PST

Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream OPAL 01 1.18 oz
Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream OPAL 01 1.18 oz
Offered by BeautyStop
Price: $24.22
29 used & new from $16.75

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, May 15, 2015
It's okay for a tinted moisturizer. Very, very light coverage.

Appetite for Reduction: 125 Fast and Filling Low-Fat Vegan Recipes
Appetite for Reduction: 125 Fast and Filling Low-Fat Vegan Recipes
by Isa Chandra Moskowitz
Price: $12.05
218 used & new from $1.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Isa Chandra Moskowitz, I Think I Love You, March 29, 2011
Let me start by confessing that I'm not vegan. I'm vegetarian, and I really love to cook. This is one of the best cookbooks I've used in ages, hands down. The recipes are delicious! I really like that the nutritional information is all right there on each recipe. So far, every recipe that I've tried has turned out. There are tons of original and unusual (and delicious) meals to choose from. Everything I've tried is bursting with flavor. Even my meat eating husband likes this stuff.
Buy this book. It's worth it!

The Cute Manifesto
The Cute Manifesto
by James Kochalka
Price: $18.95
29 used & new from $1.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking essays..., January 3, 2008
This review is from: The Cute Manifesto (Paperback)
An excellent book that stretches the comic medium. I don't agree with everything he says, but it's always fascinating to be exposed to other points of view. Kochalka makes a bunch of excellent points. His essay "The Horrible Truth About Comics" is particularly thought provoking. A lot of what he says could be applied to any art field. Good food for thought.