Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Shop Now STEM
Profile for Way too much crapola > Reviews

Browse

Way too much cra...'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 52

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Way too much crapola RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
GreenWorks 25223 G-MAX 40V 19-Inch Cordless Lawn Mower, (1) 4Ah (1) 2Ah Batteries and Charger Included
Price: $309.99
24 used & new from $255.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Read this review first., July 9, 2016
Before I purchased this mower I read the other reviews, it seemed like a mixed bag. Now that I own it I have to wonder if the negative reviews were written by the competition. This mower is a game changer. I've had gas mowers. I've had John Deere (rider), lawnboy, Sears etc. All eventually were hard to start. Nothing worse then getting worn out starting a mower and then having to proceed and actually mow the grass. My dad had a corded electric so when I moved to the suburb I got one. It's fine - still works. When I purchased it there were no battery powered options.

This is more powerful than my corded mower. Also it's more "fun". It's nimble. I mow my entire average size suburban lawn and pop the battery in the weed wacker and still have juice left when I finish. So the two batteries that come with the unit are more than enough. The hieght adjustment is very easy and it mowers perfectly even.

This really is the perfect mower if you have an average size lawn. I'm almost looking forward to the grass growing. There is no benefit of gas and no benefit of corded electric. And you can thank me for saving the planet. Now I'm looking at getting the blower.

Luxe Bidet Neo 180 - Self Cleaning Dual Nozzle - Fresh Water Non-Electric Mechanical Bidet Toilet Attachment (white and white)
Price: $47.13
7 used & new from $34.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Primative to civilized in one purchase, May 20, 2016
Life changing. (For the better). Easy to install. This is just one of those things that once you have/use it you wonder how it was done prior to your use. Then of course you are reminded when you go someplace that doesn't have one. It is then that you remember the primitive culture that you emerged from. Although my amazon "pen" name was chosen many years ago - it is certainly fitting for giving me status for this particular review.

TP-Link N300 Wi-Fi Range Extender (TL-WA850RE)
TP-Link N300 Wi-Fi Range Extender (TL-WA850RE)
Price: Click here to see our price
138 used & new from $8.20

5.0 out of 5 stars I had the button I didn't know I had., April 17, 2016
Works perfectly. Easy hookup. I didn't know I had this "one button" on my modem but it was the button that shows a curved arrow going in both directions - so it looks like an oval with a curved arrow going in both directions. I pressed that one because ---- why not? haha. It worked. So if you have that one on your modem and you follow the simple directions you will be up and running in a few minutes. Lastly, it's an attractive look - not strange at all.

Wolverine F2D Mighty 20MP 7-in-1 Film to Digital Converter
Wolverine F2D Mighty 20MP 7-in-1 Film to Digital Converter
Price: $119.95
20 used & new from $119.95

3.0 out of 5 stars For 8mm or Super 8 - The review I wish I had prior to purchase., December 30, 2015
This is the review I wish I had available to me prior to purchase. The sole purpose I purchased this product is to transfer 8mm and Super 8 film to digital media. For that particular purpose, there are at least two people who purchase this product. One is the person who hopes that they will get around to using it (like exercise equipment) and the other who is on the lookout for this type of product and knows that they will use it. I am the later. I'm waiting for some product to solve this issue. The issue of getting a good transfer of Super 8 and 8mm film to digital. So far nothing works as good as the original (play through the projector). When you play an original through the projector the colors are rich and the images are vivid. But so far I've seen and done nothing that compares (including professional transfers). So would this product finally be the holy grail?

No. Sadly it is not - why not? Because there is no commitment to this product. They don't even ship it with their own software. The video that they suggest shows the "demonstrator" using google picasa. Which would be fine except that google doesn't make picasa for this application. So the current version of picasa doesn't do what is necessary to make this product "work". How is that ? The current version of picasa doesn't allow the user to make the video (the flip of the pictures) to go fast enough to make the output video fluid. So that is flaw #1 - they don't ship a finished product.

Issue 2 - how can you ship a product that - at it's core - knows that in order to use the product the user will be taking 10's of thousands of pictures and then have that user do a 2 step process to take each picture? I mean - what? At least make the product in such a way that you take one action (one press of the button) per picture. Correct? Not this product - it takes two presses for each picture. This is key because after a while you get into this pattern of pressing too many buttons just to "move the process forward". This is an easy fix and just goes to show that - despite this not being the first iteration of the product (not version 1.0) they still haven't mastered the basics.

Issue 3 - As you advance the film and align it to take a photo there is no click or lock. This means that when you actually go through the two step process (see issue 2) you don't know if you have perfectly aligned the shot in the film. So the result is that it's a little off with each picture. This results in a "flutter" effect in the finished product as the final film goes "up and down" as you view it. Not good.

Issue 4 - The demo video suggests that you can skip every 16-20 inches and come out with a finished product that maintains the flow of the source (original). This is not true. In order to achieve anything close to your original product you would need to take every frame of the source material. Can you imagine how many pictures (two step clicks - see issue 2) it would take to reproduce 30 minutes of 8mm film?

Lastly - and most importantly the finished product was not better then playing your 8mm on a wall and recording the image with your camcorder.

Now I should clarify - my review is ONLY for 8mm or Super 8 movie transfer. This product may be perfectly fine for all other uses and that is why I’m giving it a 3 star. Not everyone will purchase it to transfer 8mm or Super 8 film.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 12, 2016 11:23 AM PDT

Coleman 32-oz. Aluminum Bottle(Colors may vary)
Coleman 32-oz. Aluminum Bottle(Colors may vary)
Price: $10.07
6 used & new from $9.87

5.0 out of 5 stars The GOLD standard of water bottles., December 20, 2015
This is a perfect water bottle, especially if you don't use the cap. Don't get me wrong the cap is fine but, if you're like me and you rarely use a cap, this one works great. It is a "glass" or "porcelain" type material (not plastic) so it has a good feel. The lip (that you drink out of) is just right. It also fits in both of the drink holders in our cars (standard size). What could be better? I've increased my water intake since I've owned it.

All in all I'd say it was perfect. BTW I replaced my OXO water bottle - which I did not like. http://www.amazon.com/OXO-Grips-Bottle-BPA-Free-Plastic/dp/B0055WBFCA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1450659356&sr=8-1&keywords=oxo+water+bottle

Amazon Echo
Amazon Echo
Price: $179.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes the morning more fun., December 2, 2015
This review is from: Amazon Echo (Electronics)
Very high quality. Worth the price just for the blue tooth speaker. Really enjoying having it in the house. Looking forward to the future options.

Merrell Men's Chameleon Prime Stretch Hiking Shoe,Black,12 M US
Merrell Men's Chameleon Prime Stretch Hiking Shoe,Black,12 M US
Offered by Zappos Retail, Inc.
Price: $110.00
12 used & new from $109.95

5.0 out of 5 stars First day impressions from a new hiker., December 2, 2015
First day review. All the reviews seem to come from seasoned users. This is the first time I tried Merrells and I've never had a good pair of hiking boots prior to this. I got these shoes yesterday (I'll update review if I think about it). Took them out and wore them around the house while they were clean. First impression - these are like slippers. I had no problem sliding my foot in the shoes - perfect. Really liked the idea of not having to tie shoes. I wore them for about an hour and thought it would be good to take them outside. Usually I blister with new shoes so prior to trying them on I was intending on giving them a week or two inside the house just to break them in with short wearing intervals. I went for a 2 mile walk. (I'm a new hiker but I've been running for 20+ years) No issues. This is very unusual for me and shoes. Normally I'd be all blistered up after trying this. Nothing - all good. My only question now is that these seem more like tennis shoes then hiking boots but we'll see how that plays out over time.

A side note - I wear size 12 shoes and sometimes shoe design can make my feet look like bozo's - these don't have that issue. Bottom line - comfortable and solid - no break in.

UPDATE - you ever get one of those products that you just wonder why you hadn't heard of them before you purchased the product? This is one of those. Why didn't anyone tell me? Bottom line - I'll always own a pair of these shoes as long as they continue to make them.

DeepRoot Steel Eye Anchor Stakes for Trees, 30-Inch
DeepRoot Steel Eye Anchor Stakes for Trees, 30-Inch

5.0 out of 5 stars The review I wanted to read., November 19, 2015
When I was purchasing this item I wanted to read a review that told me what I could expect from this product in my particular use. I have a tree that has fallen over because of the soil gets wet and the roots aren't established enough to hold the tree in place. My tree is 15-25 foot tall, I've attempted other methods to prop the tree up but they all didn't work because they weren't substantial enough. This product worked perfectly.

I needed the full 30 inches because I had so much tension on my stake because of the size of the tree and so forth. This stake is up to the task. It took less then 5 minutes per stake in wet clay soil with many competing roots. I just set this on the ground and started it by hand. Then I took a cross metal bar and inserted through the loop for leverage and then turned and screwed the stake into the ground with only about 5' (enough to not go under a mower deck) above the soil. Then I took my rope and straightened the tree.

Works perfectly. Worth every penny.

Privacy Cover for Xbox One Kinect
Privacy Cover for Xbox One Kinect

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid for the money., September 15, 2015
Five stars because it does what it says it does. Easy on and easy off. Looks fine.

MANGROOMER Do-It-Yourself Electric Back Hair Shaver
MANGROOMER Do-It-Yourself Electric Back Hair Shaver
Price: $24.99
29 used & new from $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect. Could not be better., August 29, 2015
Perfect. I've been trying to find something that would do this job (other than my wife) for years. I've tried everything. This is the first solution. Don't pay attention to some of the reviews - once you understand how this unit cuts you can make is work simply. The key is that the cutting unit is a 'line' cutter. It is like if you took a thin pencil (or similar flat long object) and it only cut when it was totally flat against the desired area. It won't cut if it's not in contact with your skin. The whole thing - entire length - needs to be in contact with your skin. Once you understand this just guide the unit (somewhat tricky but understandable) along your back using mirrors or whatever.

All in all - it could not be better. Therefore it is the full 5 star rating.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6