Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Kate Voegele Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports STEM
Profile for Tom Long > Reviews

Browse

Tom Long's Profile

Customer Reviews: 63

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Tom Long "Author of the Juice of Life" RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Lenovo - Yoga Tab 3 - 8" Tablet -1GB 16GB -Slate Black tablet
Lenovo - Yoga Tab 3 - 8" Tablet -1GB 16GB -Slate Black tablet

3.0 out of 5 stars Low Cost-Average Performance-Awesome Stand, January 20, 2016
The Yoga Tab 3 is the latest Android version of Lenovo's Yoga Tab tablets. The specs were reduced from the earlier version. However, the camera and stand were improved. It is a fine low end tablet. The integrated stand is ridiculously handy. The average performance is about what one expects at this price point. The biggest disappointment is that every time one reboots the tablet it reverts to using the default launcher, which isn't that great. I like to use the Google Now Launcher and have to go to the setting and reset 'Home" to Google Now every time I turn off the tablet or reboot. The battery life is stellar. It appears to be very over priced by the current Amazon vendor and can be had for less elsewhere.

Peak Design Camera Hand Clutch Strap, Black
Peak Design Camera Hand Clutch Strap, Black
Offered by Calumet
Price: $39.95
6 used & new from $39.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised - just double check compatibility before ordering, March 10, 2015
Very comfortable. Tighten the strap while walking around an event and my Sony SLT-A55 with 18-250mm lens will not fall off of my hand. Get to an exhibit and quickly loosen the grip to take a shot. It does everything as advertised. Since my tripod is not ARCA, I have to remove the connector every time I want to do a tripod shot and that gets a little frustrating. I would not buy this again for that reason. Most of the ballheads that I want do not have ARCA mounts so I don't see any future relief for this issue. If you're considering buying don't make the mistake I did and assume that your tripod is compatible. It turns out the "standard" is not so standard.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 5, 2015 9:05 AM PDT

Kindle Paperwhite Decalgirl Skin - 'Create Your Own'
Kindle Paperwhite Decalgirl Skin - 'Create Your Own'

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay for the price, July 28, 2014
The decal is printed on paper. The paper is thick enough that it forms an edge that I can feel in my hand when I hold my Paperwhite. The sensation reminds me of when there is something stuck in my teeth. It is distracting. The quality of the print was good enough and I am enjoying my custom art. The adhesive is very good and allows for it to be peeled back and reapplied if the first alignment fails. The paper does work down into the letters AMAZON on the back of my Kindle. It is okay for the price.

MegaGear "Ever Ready" Protective Leather Camera Case, Bag for Sony Alpha A6000, A6300 with 16-50mm(Dark Brown)
Offered by Mega West
Price: $29.99
22 used & new from $26.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, Great Looks, July 15, 2014
Very attractive, retro-style camera case looks like the case my grandfather kept on his DSLR. The fit was perfect and allowed the strap to remain attached and did not need to be removed to mount to a tripod. Even with the bottom of the case still attached the LCD screen is still free to tilt and all controls are accessible. The quality of the case and its hardware far outstrips the price. This is an excellent value that I would highly recommend.

Kanu Surf Men's CB Rashguard UPF 50+ Swim Tee, Royal, Large
Kanu Surf Men's CB Rashguard UPF 50+ Swim Tee, Royal, Large
Price: $19.00

5.0 out of 5 stars If you love simplicity, June 30, 2014
No logos or graphics. Nice enough fit that I've worn it even when I wasn't surfing. I highly recommend this. It fits like a nicely fitted shirt. If you want to use it exclusively as a rashguard you might want to consider a slightly smaller size, but I'm happy with the shirt-type fit both in and out of the water.

Clover "Shiro" Tape Measure
Clover "Shiro" Tape Measure
Price: $4.79
94 used & new from $4.69

4.0 out of 5 stars Now Part of my Every Day Carry, June 30, 2014
Hard plastic case. Small enough to fit in the bag I use to carry my iPad and charger. I'm no longer required to guesstimate dimensions using my hands or feet. Good value. I would recommend.

Hanes Tagless 6.1 oz Short-Sleeve T-Shirts with Pocket, Dark Chocolate, XL
Hanes Tagless 6.1 oz Short-Sleeve T-Shirts with Pocket, Dark Chocolate, XL

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfy, June 30, 2014
I like the look, feel, and fit of this shirt. The color was as seen in the illustration show. I would buy again.

Head Case Designs Palm Tree Surfboards Hard Back Case for LG Nexus 5
Head Case Designs Palm Tree Surfboards Hard Back Case for LG Nexus 5
Offered by Head Case Designs
Price: $8.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun not Quality, June 30, 2014
The case fits well and the openings are large enough to allow access to all controls. The sides are clear. It isn't very grippy but I've held cases that slipped through fingers more easily than this one. The graphic art was already worn off in places when the case arrived. If one knows that one is buying a fun case not a high quality or highly protective case, I would recommend it. I just wanted to change up the look of my phone for the summer and this does that.

LOST Thought: Leading Thinkers Discuss LOST
LOST Thought: Leading Thinkers Discuss LOST
Price: $7.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Multiple Authors=Uneven, June 12, 2014
Some of the essays were excellent. I definitely came away with an even greater appreciation for the intelligence of the writers of Lost. The next time I watch the series I expect to have a much deeper understanding of what it is that I am witnessing. There were a few essays, however, that I felt as though I was slogging along just to get to something better. The artwork, obviously, looked better on my color, retina display iPad than on my Kindle. I enjoyed the art and would recommend reading this on a color display.

O'Neill Wetsuits Mens Thinskins Hood, Black, X-Large
O'Neill Wetsuits Mens Thinskins Hood, Black, X-Large
Price: $27.97
8 used & new from $23.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Surf Through the Carolina Winter, June 11, 2014
When the air and water temperatures get really low (~ 50 F), it is nice not to have the wind whipping through the water on my wet head. It is easy to put on and take off and very light and comfortable. I would highly recommend.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7