Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEM
Profile for Danilo Buendia > Reviews

Browse

Danilo Buendia's Profile

Customer Reviews: 15

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Danilo Buendia RSS Feed (San Diego, CA)

Page: 1 | 2
Polydistortion
Polydistortion
Price: $9.49

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the greatest albums from one of the greatest bands ever, November 5, 2012
This review is from: Polydistortion (MP3 Music)
This is an album that will continue to buy for every new playable format that comes out. The music is totally original and makes you want get up and dance. The vocals and lyrics are well thought out and performed, the compositions are melodic and sustainable.

Even the cover art has awesome type design.

Secrets of an Immortal - Book 1 - Chapter 1 - Meeting a Living Legend
Secrets of an Immortal - Book 1 - Chapter 1 - Meeting a Living Legend
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a great 1st chapter, but I'm still interested..., April 9, 2012
I don't prefer reading to audio books or podcasts, but when I heard about this book on several podcasts, I must admit that I would like to know more about this fabled 2800 year old man even if it supporting an unfinished book. I'm basing my rating not on this chapter's current content, but rather all the content Ben Abba has shared via podcast, interview and this publishing.

Really, there is NO ONE doing this type of research and whether or not this a great piece of literature is not important to me as much as the possibility of exploring the extension of life in relation to remote viewing, Angelic guidance and the shear will to affect lifespans.

Personally, since I don't read for entertainment, I don't really care if this is well written or not, I'm interested in the details of the meetings and any other information that one could glean from 2nd hand reading, compared to actually seeking these Super-Centenarians out myself.

~Danilo Buendia
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 21, 2012 11:02 PM PDT

Hampshire: a ghost story
Hampshire: a ghost story

2.0 out of 5 stars Decent production, story fails, June 26, 2011
The production on this was decent, but the story totally fails at the end. Starts off like a mystery ghost story and ends like a needy gore flick.

First off, congrats for finishing it. Most people never even finish their films.

Production:
I'd seen the trailer here on Amazon on Demand, but didn't see it until it was on Netflix. The footage make a heavy use of Magic Bullet-eque coloring and has a few sound issues here and there, but I've heard worse. The music was great, although it didn't always fit the scene. The acting of OK, only 1 or 2 people really seems to do well. The set and location are awesome. I would like to see a real investigation if the place exists.

Story:
It was decent right up until you get to the climax and goes to the end making no sense at all. I was enjoying everything until the 2 blonde dudes and Matt starting confronting the owner at dinner. Then it really starts to decline from there. The story doesn't resolve, the killing don't make any sense, there is not explanation for anything that happens, finally, the end tries to make an ironic close, but just ends up being off story.

If you're a ghost investigator, you'll won't like it.
If you're into ghost stories, you won't like it.
If you're into gore, you'll think it's really tame.

If you like watching REAL independent movies, then you might watch it. I gave it 2 stars, but I actually don't like it...so I'm upgrading for the production value.

Ogre
Ogre
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A decent movie with HORRIBLE VFX, January 24, 2010
This review is from: Ogre (Amazon Video)
This was actually a decent movie in most aspects of production EXCEPT the visual effects. The story is the usual story you would expect to see on a SciFi channel flick. The acting is was certainly decent and the photography was pretty good. The VFX....HORRIBLE. I'm embarassed for the Bulgarian VFX company that did the Ogre effects. If you can get past that (I actually anxiously waited for the next horrible vfx shot in anticipation of seeing crap) you find a decent popcorn flick.

I would suggest this flick to anyone that is a visual effects fan, since these effects are an EPIC FAIL. A few good laughs in between the decent movie plot points.

Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Probably the one of the better Stephen Kings....., January 16, 2010
This review is from: 1408 (Amazon Video)
This is surprisely decent. The ending is a much better ending than the ususal suspense films and is a great surprise in respect to the ususal Stephen King movie adaptations. Pretty good for a short story to movie flick.

INDOCTRIAL
INDOCTRIAL
Price: $1.00

3.0 out of 5 stars I don't understand the ending...or the plot, January 13, 2010
This review is from: INDOCTRIAL (Amazon Video)
Firstly, congrats on finishing it.

The visuals are decent and the quality of effects are expected. I don't understand the ending and I really don't understand the story, but it's a decent endeavor. I found it worth the $1.00 are paid.

After Googling, I found out that it's the 3rd installment of a 3 part story, but it really doesn't hold up on it's own as a story. It's very much a film school-like project.

Additional Comment: My wife and I didn't like the fact that they stepped on bug for a film project. It was a roach, but even the film industry finds other solutions than killing on film. Hire a cg person next time.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 2, 2011 10:33 PM PST

A Trailer Park Haunting
A Trailer Park Haunting

4.0 out of 5 stars A decent investigation..., January 10, 2010
Seemed accurate and true. I suggest it highly for any earnest paranormal investigator looking for other group's experiences.

I don't know if this is a mockumentary or not? It didn't seem fictional. This seemed to be an earnest investigation of the paranormal. No cheap scare or suspense tactics used in the production, which is great. They don't run away when the something happens. A decent example of paranormal investigation.

SPOILER ALERT:

I found it quite interesting that they were able to dissipate the EMF hot spot after using a smudging technique. This is perhaps the most compelling evidence that is uncovered in their investigation much to the skepticism of Laci and other members of the investigation group.

As always, I like seeing how other people investigate without having to sit in on the investigation and particularly the evidence review.

Investigating the Afterlife
Investigating the Afterlife
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I actually suggest it!, January 4, 2010
This was probably the best amateur ghost investigation documentary I've seen. The footage and sound is clear. The evidence is presented very matter of fact without embellishment. I am very impressed by this. I suggest it highly to anyone that is interested in ghost investigation.

Death of a Ghost Hunter
Death of a Ghost Hunter
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A decent indie/guerilla flick, January 3, 2010
I wasn't expecting much from this, but it was actually a decent movie. I was interested in the story, the acting didn't get too much in the way. It had a decent ending for this kind of genre. I'm writing this a few months after seeing it and I still favor it. I suggest it to any real ghost fans of the indie/guerilla market.

The Auteur
The Auteur
DVD ~ Melik Malkasian
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, excellent writing, great acting, January 3, 2010
This review is from: The Auteur (DVD)
This is probably the funniest indie/low budget movie I've ever seen. I can't suggest this movie enough. Rent it, buy it. Malik is friggan amazing as Arturo Domingo. John Breen is awesome. The romance with Fiona is hilarious and painful to watch.

Other indie flicks can't compare. Only Boondock Saints has this kind of word-of-mouth cool.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 26, 2013 6:01 PM PDT

Page: 1 | 2