Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM
Profile for Claire Toney > Reviews

Browse

Claire Toney's Profile

Customer Reviews: 30

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Claire Toney "beadedwhimsy" RSS Feed (Rancho Cordova, CA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Beautiful Outlaw: Experiencing the Playful, Disruptive, Extravagant Personality of Jesus
Offered by Hachette Book Group
Price: $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This book will bring you closer to knowing Christ, July 22, 2013
I could not put this book down. My friend lent it to me, after I expressed interest in reading it. I love the anecdotes and the way that Mr. Eldridge explained the stories in the bible. He made Christ so relatable to me and my life that I bought my own copy. His writing style is easy to read, his lessons very understandable. If you want to know another side of Christ and to see past what the author calls "religious fog" then please read this book. It will open your eyes.

Wink: the Ninja Who Wanted to be Noticed
Wink: the Ninja Who Wanted to be Noticed
by J.C. Phillipps
Price: $12.71
101 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Book for your little ninjas(s), January 16, 2013
What a sweet story! A great way to present to children that it is okay to be different. Both of my children (girl 10 and boy 5) enjoy this story and the lesson that it gives.

Choose to Lose: The 7-Day Carb Cycle Solution
Choose to Lose: The 7-Day Carb Cycle Solution
by Chris Powell
Price: $11.47
267 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to follow, works for me, January 16, 2013
I followed the guidelines that Chris Powell gave in his book and the pounds came off. Easy to maintain, as long as you follow the chart in the back.

Epilady Legend 4th Generation Rechargeable Epilator + Free Epilady Coil Tweezer
Epilady Legend 4th Generation Rechargeable Epilator + Free Epilady Coil Tweezer
Offered by GenCoDeals
Price: $74.99
3 used & new from $69.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product for the price, January 16, 2013
I love this product. This was my first epilady product. I had previously gotten my legs waxed, as well as my armpits. I suppose the pain that others felt didn't bother me because I was expecting it. This said, I don't think it is that painful. It pulls out the hair from the follicles and my legs and underarms are hair free for weeks. No problems with it losing power (I had it in a drawer for over a month and it still had enough power for my legs and underarms). As long as you don't overcharge it, then it should keep it's charge. Comes with a small brush. Not the best, but I didn't buy this for the brush.

Richards Homewares Hanging Fourteen Pocket Handbag Organizer-Canvas/Natural, 16" x 12"

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, January 16, 2013
Bought this to hold my purses. I love the canvas and it hangs easily in my closet. The size of the compartments work really well with all size purses.

Simply Ming One-Pot Meals: Quick, Healthy & Affordable Recipes
Simply Ming One-Pot Meals: Quick, Healthy & Affordable Recipes
by Arthur Boehm
Price: $19.96
125 used & new from $2.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent recipes for the busy mom, December 13, 2010
I really like the ease of the recipes in this book. Each one fits on one page and has a picture. The instructions are clear, easy to follow, and best of all, quick to make. I am especially happy that my children really like the meals that I have made so far from this book, even some with ingredients that they have never eaten before.

Raising Girls
Raising Girls
by Melissa Trevathan
Price: $13.49
103 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay book for parents of girls, September 12, 2008
This review is from: Raising Girls (Paperback)
This book has nice insights on raising girls. I would have liked to have a little more discussion on the ages and stages, though. The chapters are a little short and I found myself wanting a little more...

Victorian Lace Today
Victorian Lace Today
by Alexis Xenakis
Price: $19.96
98 used & new from $8.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice addition to knitting library, September 12, 2008
This review is from: Victorian Lace Today (Paperback)
This book is a great combination of a knitting book, coffee book, and Victorian history book. The author did extensive research for this book and it shows--she presents a fascinating history of the women who designed and created lace knitting pieces in the 1800s. The designs are written out and charted, which is great because they are complex. The photos are gorgeous and show off the projects. The shawls are stunning to look at and varied in design.

I would recommend this book to anyone interested in knitting or reading about Victorian lace knitting patterns.

Custom Knits: Unleash Your Inner Designer with Top-Down and Improvisational Techniques
by Wendy Bernard
Price: $21.88
108 used & new from $0.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this sweater design book, September 12, 2008
I just started knitting sweaters and wanted to find more top-down patterns. The free ones that I've found online were fine to start with but tend to be boxy and plain (with few exceptions). So I decided to try this book out and I am so glad that I did. The photos are nice and clear, the yarns chosen for the projects are varied, and the projects have a wide range of sizes, not to mention that they would look flattering on anybody. My response to all of them was WOW, I want to knit that.

The book includes a section on designing your own top down and bottom up sweaters, instructions on how to determine how much yarn to buy, and an entire chapter on alterations to make the designs your own.

I am looking forward to making and wearing the sweaters from this book.

Wrap Style: Innovative to Traditional, 24 Inspirational Shawls, Ponchos & Capelets to Knit & Crochet
by Pam Allen
101 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice variety of shawl and wrap designs, July 23, 2008
What I like about this book is that there is a wide assortment of designs, including lace, cables, rib, and color and they use a variety of yarn weights. The instructions state what kind of yarn the pattern uses as well as the yarn that the designers actually used to knit the pictured piece--this is especially useful if you are not good at guessing what yarn-weight something is made out of. Charts are also included as well as schematics. One word of warning is although the title states knit and crochet pieces, most are knit. Overall, excellent book.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3