Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ryley Walker Fire TV Stick Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports
Profile for Bob M > Reviews

Browse

Bob M's Profile

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Bob M "Bob M" RSS Feed (PA)

Page: 1 | 2
DEI Scallop Shell Lamp
DEI Scallop Shell Lamp
Price: $33.35
5 used & new from $26.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Probability not on my side!, January 21, 2014
This review is from: DEI Scallop Shell Lamp (Misc.)
See my review for the Nautilus Sea Shell lamp which is very similar. I purchased a set of three for a "beachy" look.

DEI Nautilus Shell Lamp
DEI Nautilus Shell Lamp
Price: $30.99
2 used & new from $30.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Guess I was unlucky!, January 21, 2014
This review is from: DEI Nautilus Shell Lamp (Misc.)
I purchased 3 of these shore related lamps (scallop shell, sand dollar and nautilus sea shell). I returned all three. One had a bent shade due to inadequate packing by the manufacturer and electrical wires that were not connected properly or even covered. The second had a loose base that was scratched and falling off. To fix it would have required disassembling the base by first removing the protective cover and then getting out the tools...followed by somehow repairing the scratched base.The third lamp was O.K. The real problem was not in quality control but the poor attitude the worker had when assembling the product. He or she, just did not care. Probability comes into play with all purchases with Amazon. I return very few items, but I felt that I should not have to repair brand new lamps. If you want to take a chance, go ahead and order these items. (My actual probability was .67 of getting a defective product.) As always, Amazon was great with the return. I am out $9.98 for the return postage.

Casio Men's W756-1AVCR Sport Watch
Casio Men's W756-1AVCR Sport Watch
Price: $17.00
16 used & new from $15.65

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch!, June 22, 2013
I wanted an inexpensive, somewhat waterproof watch to wear to the beach and just around the house. This is a nice watch that is not too big or too small. It has the information that I need...time...day of week...and date. My only concern is that the watch band seems kind of thin and I don't know how it will hold up under rough use. I have always been satisfied with my Casio purchases.

Lowepro Pro Runner 200 AW DSLR Backpack  - Black
Lowepro Pro Runner 200 AW DSLR Backpack - Black
Price: $65.99
6 used & new from $65.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice size backpack...for a day of shooting!, February 27, 2013
Several friends remarked how they should have considered this backpack versus the much larger ones that they struggle with! It is perfect for a day's worth of shooting. I usually bring 3 lenses, a flash, a small flash light, cleaning cloths, etc. when I go out to shoot. Yes, I can fit a 70-200 2.8 with a hood, but it squeezes out some of the other stuff. Yes, I can fit a 17-55 2.8 on a 60d body with two other lenses (not including the 70-200 with hood). The interior has a pocket where I keep various filters and extra batteries. The outer pocket holds pen, notebook, small flash, cell phone, etc. In lieu of a battery grip why not just put an extra battery in the interior pocket? With any bag you want to keep it as light as possible to reduce fatique.

Maybe some of you will agree with me that there is no perfect bag. I use this bag for primarily landscape photography using a tripod. I don't want to put the bag down as I move and then set the shot up using the tripod...that is why I prefer a back pack. I carry the tripod with camera attached on a shoulder sling once the day's shooting has started. Of course, if I have a long way to hike I take the camera off the tripod and put it back in the bag. I carry a water bottle on my belt.

When I want to shoot "out of the bag" I have a messenger style bag that holds 3 lenses and a flash plus other small gear. I have a shoulder sling when I take the 70-200. (Guess I could attach this very large lens in it's case to the back of the backpack.) This backpack can carry a small to mid size tripod. The chest strap works really well when you are moving and stops the bag from bouncing. I haven't found a need to use the waist strap.

The bag does "ride" high on my back; but it still feels comfortable, though the backpack may look a little awkward. I often find that I just carry the backpack by the small handle in lieu of putting it over my shoulders when I have just a little way to go.

Good luck with any bag that you chose!

The workmanship is excellent. The protection is adequate. The padded inserts are adjustable for many combinations. Just be careful using the zippers until they are broken in a little. I caught the fabric several times at first which was frustrating.

Adobe Photoshop CS6: Learn by Video: Core Training in Visual Communication
Adobe Photoshop CS6: Learn by Video: Core Training in Visual Communication
by Kelly McCathran
Price: $54.13
58 used & new from $21.19

4.0 out of 5 stars Need some experience..., October 30, 2012
I thought that the interface for this video was excellent. I use two monitors and can run the video on one monitor while having CS6 opened on the other where I simultaneoulsy do the exercises. The sample photos are provided on the DVD. For the very beginner this video training might be a little bit advanced. I am an experienced LR4 user so I was able to follow along pretty well. Some of the exercises deal more with grahic arts than photography, so be aware of this before your purchase. Overall, the presenter has a nice voice, is very knowledgeable, and provides good coverage of many facets of CS6. You can just do some things in CS6 that you can't do in LR4. CS6 is for advanced editing, in my opionion. I have been able to take my photography to the next level with CS6 and this training video. I still bought Scott Kelby's book which is a reference for when I get stuck. I do play some parts of the video several times to review and fully understand the concepts. Video learning is much faster than working from a book in my opinion. I am a satisfied customer.

Samsung 3.0 Story Station 2TB HX-DT020EB/B62
Samsung 3.0 Story Station 2TB HX-DT020EB/B62

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good!, October 9, 2011
I am developing a backup strategy (long overdue) for my desktop computer. I do a lot of videos and digital photography. USB 3.0 external drives are the way to go! I know that all drives fail eventually so I have the original (internal), a USB 3.0 external (this one) and a third SATA drive that is powered by an external dock (kept an another location). So far so good with this drive. It is quiet and runs smooth without any great heat generated. The only drawback is that it lays flat and I would like to have the option vertical positioning. I just put it on top of the desktop where the other USB 3.0 drives are on my desk.

Syba SY-CAB65011 5-Inch Molex 4-Pin Female Molex to Molex 4-Pin Male and FDD Power Cable
Price: $5.65
10 used & new from $3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked fine!, October 9, 2011
I did not have the correct connectors coming off of my power supply to hook up power to a USB 3.0 card. This connector worked fine.

Portrait and Candid Photography: Photo Workshop
Portrait and Candid Photography: Photo Workshop
by Erin Manning
73 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars For a beginner?, October 9, 2011
This book has some great photos and exercises at the end of each chapter. I do believe that it is more for a beginning photographer versus an intermediate or advanced photographer...still worthwhile and written in a very readable style!

Cuisinart DCC-1200BCH Brew Central 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker, Black Chrome
Offered by Kest Enterprises
Price: $106.42
14 used & new from $41.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice!, October 9, 2011
I really like the style of this coffee pot. I have no negative comments about it! I liked the first one so much that when I bought a summer home I just bought a second one. Measure the water in the carafe before you pour the water into the coffee resovoir for accuracy!

Buffalo  SuperSpeed USB 3.0 PCI Express 2-Port Interface Card IFC-PCIE2U3
Buffalo SuperSpeed USB 3.0 PCI Express 2-Port Interface Card IFC-PCIE2U3
2 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works flawlessly!!!, October 9, 2011
Bought a new HP desktop with Windows 7 and without USB 3.0 support. I am using USB 3.0 2 TB drives for backup of photos and videos. I purchased two of these PCI express cards and they have done what I expected. Much faster then USB 2.0....

Page: 1 | 2