Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Back to School STEM
Profile for Daniel Dao > Reviews

Browse

Daniel Dao's Profile

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Daniel Dao RSS Feed (Iowa City, IA)

ASUS G750JX 17.3" i7-4700HQ 2.40GHz 16GB 750 7200rpm HDD nVIDIA 3GB 770M FullHD Blu-Ray W8 Gaming Laptop

5.0 out of 5 stars Good price for G750JX, August 9, 2013
The G750JX with GTX 770M is a great laptop. But the DB71 model is pretty expensive due to the SSD. I believe many people are willing to buy the G750JX without the SSD since everyone can purchase an SSD with cheaper price and higher speed. So this model is a good choice.
This model also comes with 16GB Ram (2x8GB), which means you can upgrade to max 32GB with 2x8GB. This is one of advantages since the other models come with either 2x4GB or 3x4GB or 4x4GB. So this model is great for upgrading to max 32GB without removing the original Ram and buying 2x8GB RAM more.
Also, it comes with the bluray drive, which even isn't included in the expensive DB71 model.
The only disadvantage is the wireless card. This model comes with the 802.11n wireless card instead of 802.11 ac wireless card. So for anyone who wants to use 802.11ac wifi network will have to buy either a USB adapter or 802.11ac wireless card. I've asked Asus representative about replacing wireless card and they said I could replace the 802.11n wireless card with the 802.11ac without voiding warranty as long as I didn't damage anything during the upgrading process.
Generally, this is a great model with reasonable price. It is only $100 higher than the G750JW ($1399) and you can get the GTX 770M with bluray drive also.
Good price and great model!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 12, 2013 11:35 AM PDT

Crucial 16GB Kit (8GBx2) DDR3 1333 MT/s  (PC3-10600) CL9 SODIMM 204-Pin 1.35V/1.5V Notebook Memory Modules CT2CP102464BF1339
Crucial 16GB Kit (8GBx2) DDR3 1333 MT/s (PC3-10600) CL9 SODIMM 204-Pin 1.35V/1.5V Notebook Memory Modules CT2CP102464BF1339
Offered by WHOLESALE TAG
Price: $83.99
7 used & new from $83.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product!, December 4, 2012
It works great on my Vaio Laptop. After installing it, my laptop is so awesome. Now I can open a lot of webpages, download a lot of movie while playing some games without worrying my laptop gets crash.

Apple MacBook Pro MD212LL/A 13-Inch Laptop with Retina Display (OLD VERSION)
Apple MacBook Pro MD212LL/A 13-Inch Laptop with Retina Display (OLD VERSION)
Offered by iMacket LLC
Price: $1,499.00
35 used & new from $699.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Laptop, November 3, 2012
This laptop is great with retina display. It is also thinner, lighter and smaller than the previous model. Although the price is $500 higher than the previous model. But you will feel the different when you use this laptop. Also anyone who complains about the ssd storage is to small, the SSD can be replaced easily. So you can buy another SSD and replace it (But because apple use the flash memory for macbook pro retina models, so at this time there is only 1 flash memory you can buy on the market to replace. And it is OWC flash memory, and OWC has only 1 option for the flash memory. So hopes there will be more option on the market in the future).
Here is some pros and cons in my own experience:

*PROS:
- Retina display: Of course, this is the reason many people buy this laptop. It is an awesome display, so gorgeous.
- 2 USB 3.0 ports in 2 sides of macbook: I think this is awesome when apple move 2 USB ports to 2 sides of the macbook. Now I can connect my USB, External Hard Drive,... at the same time. Obviously, you can't do this with your previous macbook pro. The previous macbook pro has 2 usb port in 1 side and they are next to each other, so it's so hard to connect 2 devices in usb ports at the same time.
- SD card slot: I think this is 1 of the great features in the macbook pro with retina display. For someone who doesn't know how to replace the SSD or who is scared of hurting the macbook. You can buy a SD card as another storage. The price is not too bad, I just bought a kingston sd card 128GB for $70, great deal!.
- New cooling system: this is one of the great features that I love. Apple makes a new cooling system on the macbook pro with retina display. The new cooling system includes both sides feature air induction vent.
Also, the cooling system in the front of macbook where the hot air goes out. I think many people don't notice this feature, but Apple makes it bigger. So the macbook can still run when you close it because the hot air still can goes out. That's why you can use the PowerNap or download some apps while closing the macbook.
- HDMI port: this is also a great feature for someone who needs more working space, you can connect your macbook to a bigger screen which supports HDMI port.
- Reduced glare: One of the bad things about previous macbook models is glare. It made me feel so uncomfortable when I owned the previous model. But this model reduces glare very good. I feel very comfortable when using it.

*CONS:
- Optical Drive: I can't say this is bad. But someone may miss the optical drive. For me, I didn't use this one when I owned the previous macbook pro. Then I replaced it with another SSD to make more storages. And you will have to buy a external optical drive if you want to use it.
- Repair: This macbook is totally different from the previous model. Only the SSD is removable. So when your macbook has a problem, you can't repair it by yourself. Also, this macbook is non-upgradable but the SSD. Then you will have to buy Apple Care if you buy this model.
- Magsafe 2 connector: Although the macbook is charged faster than the previous model. But the connector is also easier to fall off. When I move my macbook around, the Macsafe 2 connector falls off easily. I don't pretty like this Magsafe 2 connector, the Magsafe 1 connector is better.

In my opinion, you will be satisfied when you use it.
Worth The Price!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 15, 2012 6:36 AM PST

South Shore Axess Collection Desk, Black
South Shore Axess Collection Desk, Black
Price: $102.50
29 used & new from $83.73

4.0 out of 5 stars Great desk but bad instruction, August 25, 2012
This desk is very awesome, the price is very great too. But the instruction of this desk is very bad. It took me a lot of time to figure out the instruction, And I didn't follow it at all.
Any way, this desk is very great, but it will take a lot of time for the installation.

Flash Furniture H-HLC-0005-HIGH-1B-GG High Back Black Leather Contemporary Office Chair
Price: $98.66
32 used & new from $91.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Great leather chair, August 22, 2012
This chair is very great for a leather chair. The price is very acceptable. Pretty comfortable for working or studying for a long time.

[OLD MODEL] Crucial m4 256GB 2.5-Inch (9.5mm) SATA 6Gb/s Solid State Drive CT256M4SSD2
Offered by Delca Electronics
Price: $159.00
15 used & new from $64.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great ssd ever, August 14, 2012
It works very well with my macbook pro 13" 2012. It's a so great ssd, and the price is also very acceptable.

Buffalo MiniStation Plus 1 TB USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive - HD-PNT1.0U3B
Buffalo MiniStation Plus 1 TB USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive - HD-PNT1.0U3B
Offered by BinkieMelane
Price: $220.59
5 used & new from $96.44

3.0 out of 5 stars A little bit disappointed, July 24, 2012
I bought it 5 months ago and it worked so well. But last month it was broken without any reason. I contacted the customer care and sent it to them and they sent a replaced one to me. I thought this was a very good compary but when I got the replaced one, I was so disappointed. The replaced one that I got this a republished one, not a brand new one. And it only has 90-day warranty. So I will think of buy a new one of another company if my current portable hard drive gets broken again.