Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now
Profile for Adam Bridge > Reviews

Browse

Adam Bridge's Profile

Customer Reviews: 27

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Adam Bridge RSS Feed (Davis, CA USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
TransDeco Int'l Corp TD655ES Multi-function 3 in 1 TV Stand with Universal Mounting System, Espresso/Black
Price: $349.95
4 used & new from $349.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good stand - not so good instructions., April 18, 2016
I'd give this a 5 star rating but it's a challenge to assemble. There are many things to like: all the parts are individually wrapped and identified. The unit is well packed and protected. It seems well made and thoughtfully designed. But the instructions aren't the best. It's possible to get on the wrong track, especially at the start before you have an idea of how it all goes together. It's definitely a two-person evolution: the box weighs in at 100 pounds!

But I do recommend this stand. It's solid, good cable management, good flexibility for placement. We have a large sound bar beneath our 55" TV and still used the lowest of the possible placement settings. Just take it slow and have someone to help put it into position and lift the TV onto it.

Gemini Cell: A Shadow Ops Novel (Shadow Ops series)
Gemini Cell: A Shadow Ops Novel (Shadow Ops series)
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $7.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Over the top violence, April 2, 2016
Military horror fantasy just didn't work for me. I couldn't put away the joy of killing. I won't look for mores dip will eagerly forget this one.

The Cinder Spires: The Aeronaut's Windlass
The Cinder Spires: The Aeronaut's Windlass
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I just kept reading and reading in delight., October 24, 2015
We're talking the definition of "page turner" here with an acceleration that is just awesome. I stayed up much too late reading this novel. Is it great art? No. Is it fun to read? You betcha. It combines a fascinating milieu with an interesting culture and some moderately well drawn characters. I found myself caring about each of them. None of them are perfect. All have some issue or other impeding them: so they seem like real people.

I'll be in line to read the next one.

Oh - the battle at the end is first-rate. I kept looking for Aubry and Maturin.

I recommend this novel. It's a light read. It's violent. The violence has consequences.

Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones
Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones
Offered by Wizard-Electroland

5.0 out of 5 stars They worked wonderfully well. I found them comfortable in my ear, September 28, 2015
I purchased these headphones for a series of long flights from the west coast of the US to Tanzania - 20 hours or more in the air each direction.

They worked wonderfully well. I found them comfortable in my ear, I could sleep with them in place, the sound was good, the sound suppression was remarkable. AND they made the flight without the need to be recharged! Major plus.

I have recommended them to friends and family. Am I an audiophile? Not really. If uncompromising audio performance is essential then I assume you'll test them out before purchasing. For my 65 year old ears, though, they sounded great.

War Dogs
War Dogs
Offered by Hachette Book Group
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars If you want long essays on the joys of weapons you'll be disappointed. It has a good feel to it, September 28, 2015
This review is from: War Dogs (Kindle Edition)
Greg Bear does military SF. Hey, it's a trend. If you want long essays on the joys of weapons you'll be disappointed. It has a good feel to it, though, as if Bear had talked to enough combat vets to be able to channel their experience. It's his best work in some time. Unlike many writers in the Mil-SF genre Bear can actually write complete sentences, handle character building, avoid the need for perfect characters, and use a somewhat complex narrative structure to tell his story.

Whitmor 6097-3529-BB Chrome and Canvas Four Section Laundry Sorter
Whitmor 6097-3529-BB Chrome and Canvas Four Section Laundry Sorter
Price: $35.17
47 used & new from $31.50

5.0 out of 5 stars I found this easy to assemble, September 28, 2015
I found this easy to assemble. Instructions were excellent. Tools required were included. The wheels are large making it easy to move the device on thick carpet. Not many parts to assemble: 8 hex bolts and then the four wheel. Simple. Might need to check the tightness after a week or so.

One thing not obvious: the hamper's bags actually hang at a slight angle so the rear of the bag hangs beyond the volume of the rack itself so if you needed the entire thing to slide beneath, say, a table top it might not work for you.

Bags are good quality, not a lot of "extra" packing materials. We're happy with it.

Seveneves: A Novel
Seveneves: A Novel
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $11.99

2.0 out of 5 stars I was deeply disappointed in "Seveneves, September 1, 2015
I was deeply disappointed in "Seveneves: A Novel". It's like a novel of "see how clever I am at world building" but without characters to know. The people just sort of drift through. I want more and not just endless discourses on orbital mechanics and other technological issues.

There are some fine ideas here but I desperately wish someone, like an editor, had sat down and said "okay, good start, no give it a soul". There's no soul here. He could have done better.

Newline Digital Weight Track Baby Scales, White
Newline Digital Weight Track Baby Scales, White
Offered by Wintime Scales
Price: $75.95
2 used & new from $49.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, easy to set-up, easy to use scale., September 13, 2014
The baby scale is simple and reliable with simple set up and easy to read display.

It comes almost completely ready straight out of the box. The double A batteries are included in the box and are the only things needed for the scale to be operational.

The digital read out is clear and the buttons are big and easy to use. It has the option of either pounds or kilograms. The only thing I wish it had was an option for a pounds AND ounces readout instead of just pounds with three decimal places; it would make for an easier conversion to pounds and ounces (as is, some basic arithmetic will give the ounces).

Bottom line: simple to use, easy and quick read outs, enough space for the baby to lay comfortable on the scale and not spill out over the sides, and it is light weight and portable. Perfect for home use.

NALGENE Tritan OTG BPA-Free Water Bottle,Spring Green, 24 Ounce
NALGENE Tritan OTG BPA-Free Water Bottle,Spring Green, 24 Ounce
Price: $6.00
36 used & new from $4.86

2.0 out of 5 stars Stopper design isn't sufficiently rugged., August 23, 2014
The rotating plastic stopper on the cap has broken on this after merely normal use. It should not have. I like the bottle just fine but either the cap was defective or the design was.

Garmin Dashboard Disk -Small, 2-Pack (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Garmin Dashboard Disk -Small, 2-Pack (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by Charger City
Price: $7.49
3 used & new from $7.49

2.0 out of 5 stars Adhesive leaves something to be desired., August 23, 2014
My problem with these disks: they haven't adhered very well to my dash. The summer sun seems to have softened them so the GPS vibrates a bit more than I'd like and the disk has parted from the dash once. I'm disappointed. Since mounting on the windshield isn't legal in my state I need something like this.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3