Amazon Vehicles GoldBox Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM
Profile for J. Krantz > Reviews

Browse

J. Krantz's Profile

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Krantz RSS Feed (New Jersey USA)

The Secret of Kells
The Secret of Kells
DVD
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as I heard it was!, June 22, 2013
This review is from: The Secret of Kells (Amazon Video)
I had heard about this movie because my favorite Irish band Kila plays the music for this movie and one of their own songs is featured as well. It was always on my to watch list and I finally did, wish I hadn't waited so long it was wonderful and I loved the music, the story and the animation, adults and children will enjoy this movie.

Case Logic PDVK-10 7 to 10-Inch In-Car Portable DVD Player Case-Black (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Yes you can mount it on the back of your seat instead of in the middle, March 8, 2009
I just received this case and I am happy with the quality and it is as I expected it to be in that regard. I went with this one becasue you don't have to have it open like a tray table on the back of the seat, you can flip the top up and over and it lays flat against the seat, the other cases don't seem to do this.
My hope was that when I got it I could easily strap it to just one seat as opposed to between the two seats as the product is intended. I didn't want to have the dvd player in between the seats because I still need to reach the children durning long rides and this I feel would impede my ability to do that, besides I feel it is more comfortable to look at the dvd player right in front of you anyway. You can easily attach it to just the one seat although the velcro flap you need to need to wrap around the top anchor strap is a little bit of a pain to get in if you mount it in this fashion. I plan to get another case just for transporting the dvd players and I intend to keep these cases in the car all the time as it will be to much of a hassle to take the cases in and out of the car each time and far easier to remove the player and put it in another seperate case especially since I have two, one for each child. The main thing I like is the ability to fold the dvd player flat in the case so it will stay flush against the back of the seat and hopefully not get kicked as easily by the children when they are watching. So, so far so good hopefully it will work out well in the long run. But for those of you who like the look of this case and but didn't want a between the seats mounting, it can be mounted on the back of one seat easliy.

Forbidden Magic (Signet Historical Romance)
Forbidden Magic (Signet Historical Romance)
by Jo Beverley
Price: $7.99
77 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't finish it!, August 30, 2005
I have read Ms. Beverly's books before and enjoyed them but this one was just terrible, I have tossed it away in disgust, which is unusual for me because I usually try to finish a book even if I don't love it at first. Aside from the entirely too predictable plot and the annoying, one-dimensional characters the thing that has irritated me the most is the "Sheelagh-ma-gig". Now if Ms. Beverly had done adequate research she would have found first off that it is not a "Sheelagh-ma-gig" but a Sheelagh-NA-gig! I am perfectly fine with a hint of magic in a book and even the idea of a magic wishing statue but don't use a known item, misspell it and use it as something it isn't, if she needed a name for her statue then she should have made one up. A Sheelagh-na-gig is a stone carving found set in the walls or directly carved into the walls of medieval churches and castles throughout Ireland, Britain and a few other places throughout Europe. It is an image associated with either fertility, a warning against the sin of lust or protection from evil, no theory or myth surrounding this mysterious carving has any association with wishes except for in a few instances women would rub the image in the hopes of getting pregnant. So with that brief description of what a Sheelagh-na-gig really is, I am sorry to report that the author has done some shoddy research and misspelled the name which along with the predictable plot and unlikable heroine has made this book a loser for me.

The Fiery Cross
The Fiery Cross
by Diana Gabaldon
Price: $26.37
231 used & new from $1.76

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the wait?, December 14, 2001
This review is from: The Fiery Cross (Hardcover)
I have been a Gabaldon fanatic since I first read Outlander and waited impatiently for this latest book, eagerly anticipating devouring every word of my favorite author. It was almost anti-climatic when I finally got it, I found the first 300 pages slow and lacking in the edge of your seat thrill the other books had, the kind that kept me up to all hours of the night. But then it finally picked up speed and things started to tie together and the passion was back. It is quite obvious that there was extensive research put into this book and it was blended well into the story, (part of the long wait between books I'm sure).
Now I will not throw in any spoilers at all for those of you who will read this book, but I will say that you have to drag yourself through the first half of the book to get to the good stuff and I found it was worth it. I look foward to the next book which I predict will be a whirlwind of activity and this book sets the stage for what will be the last of the series. Hopefully all of the loose ends will be tied up upon completion of the story, thats what these books are, one very long story of a marriage. I have enjoyed the whole thing thus far and if you are a Gabaldon fan or new to her and her books start with Outlander and work your way to The Fiery Cross, it won't be a disappointment. Overall I don't feel quite as passionate about this book as I do the others but I still want to know what happens to Jamie and Claire in the end. I will say I did enjoy the book after I got through the begining and I do think that she could have cut the whole description of the gathering in half at least and it would hve flowed better. Not her best but even Gabaldon at her worst is still pretty darn good.

House of Dreams
House of Dreams
by Brenda Joyce
115 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Well I finished it., September 11, 2001
This was the first Brenda Joyce book I have read and it is possible I may try another, although I am not too sure about that.
The book started off well enough and the plot seemed interesting but halfway through I couldn't help but think I had heard this story before. A ghost taking over people's actions and thoughts making them do terrible things, the Blair Witch 2 had the same premise and it wasn't pulled off there too well either. Mainly Isabel's ghost was so malicious and Isabel's life or supposed tragic life didn't justify the seeming intent of the ghost to bring death and destruction to the families involved. It became hard to swallow and I kept waiting for something really horrible to happen to her to make sense of it all, the moment never came and it left you with a sense of huh?
In addition most ghost stories have people staying too long in someplace they should have left long ago and naturally that is what makes the story but this went on for far too long and it bordered on absurd at some points. I am trying not to put in any spoilers so I won't go into it in further detail.
All in all the book was enjoyable and I read it quickly, which is usually a good sign but I couldn't help thinking that it just didn't make sense for the ghost to be so evil in regards to her life. Had it been more tragic and had she been completely innocent of wrong doing maybe I could swallow it, but it wasn't she came across as just a stupid woman. Certainly not capable of the hatred descibed by the author. The romance part of the story seemed thrown together almost and if you suposedly loved your sister so much why would you sleep with her ex a day after the relationship ended? The characters were hard to connect with and it all just felt over done on the whole of the story.
Not terrible but far from great.

Highland Dream (Wink & a Kiss)
Highland Dream (Wink & a Kiss)
by Tess Mallory
34 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Well I finished it at least, May 8, 2001
This book was a quick read, at times I was tempted to groan aloud at the main character Jix. Other times I was entertained, all in all though this book was silly, as far as time travel and romance novels go this one was definately cliche. Woman meets man, woman falls in love with man, woman finds reason to deny love, woman overcomes reason and admits her love. Throw in a trip through time and a best friend and it seems to be a good story but I found it to be not what it could be. The story has no realism and it mainly focuses around the relationship between Jix and Jamie. If your looking for just "love" and no plot really than this is a good book, personally I like to see what people do in the past and how they manage to acclimate to their surroundings and this story just makes it too easy and the people who live in this time have no problem accepting them. There is always a beautiful dress just waiting for Jix and no one thinks anything of her rendition of the song "I will survive" as she dances to it like a stripper. This book was fluff and had no substance, with a premise like this you can do so much more and I am afraid the author didn't do her homework well enough. I couldn't connect with the characters or believe that people like them could even exist. A fast read with some entertaining spots but for the most part an underdeveloped story that could have been better.

Outlander
Outlander
by Diana Gabaldon
Price: $25.27
121 used & new from $10.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Extrordinary, spellbinding, captavating, engrossing,adictive, March 9, 2000
This review is from: Outlander (Hardcover)
Diana Gabaldon has ruined me for other authors, I am afraid that I cannot read another book without comparing it to hers. This book, along with her others are just wonderful, I don't know how else to tell you that this is one of the best I have read. This book should not be classified as romance because it encompasses so much more than that. This book or this series will keep you up at night and thinking of it all day, I wouldn't be surprised if you become a fanatic of Scotland and it's culture when you are done with these books. I can't speak highly enough of her books or her writing, I feel Diana Gabaldon is a master storyteller and her writing is just superb.Jamie and Claire are so well written and the story so plausible (to some I am sure), you are just drawn in to their world.I cannot speak highly enough of these books and you will never know for sure till you read them how good they are. Well worth your hard earned dollars, every book by her and don't be surprised if you can't find another book that compares to these!