Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now
Profile for Thomas Duff > Reviews

Browse

Thomas Duff's Profile

Customer Reviews: 2630
Helpful Votes: 19598

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Thomas Duff "Duffbert" RSS Feed (Portland, OR United States)
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
[10 Pads] Super Sticky Notes, 3 In X 3 In, 100 Sheets/Pad
[10 Pads] Super Sticky Notes, 3 In X 3 In, 100 Sheets/Pad
Offered by BOSHI
Price: $12.98
2 used & new from $12.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty much indistinguishable from the name-brand version..., August 18, 2016
I love having post-it notes around my desk for quick reminders, and my son uses them to label his prepared food in Tupperware containers. I took the opportunity to review these notes from MG, and I found that there just as good as the name-brand version.

These post-it notes have a slightly smoother quality of paper, but it's very close to the original. I tested the bleed-thru using a black Sharpie, and they both performed at the same level. The glue quality of both these and the name-brand notes is exactly the same... bottom line, these are pretty much identical. The only real difference is in the packaging, where each pack of 100 notes is individually wrapped instead of just stacked together in bulk.

At this point in time, the price of these notes seem to be slightly more expensive than others of the same size and quantity listed on Amazon. That can change at any point in time, so I won't factor that into my ratings.

If I had a choice between these and name-brand post-its, I'd have no problem choosing these.

Obtained From: MG
Payment: Free

Giant Inflatable Unicorn ring Pool Float,Water Swim Tube raft Toy-102" long with Rapid Valves
Offered by Z11
Price: $79.99
2 used & new from $30.44

5.0 out of 5 stars This was perfect in so many ways..., August 1, 2016
This unicorn float is freaking AWESOME!

When I got the request to review this, I didn't read it very carefully. The picture in the Amazon listing made it look like something that was toddler-size. I thought it would make a great joke gift as a "team mascot" for our group at work. When I got it, I was blown away... this thing is HUGE!

Of course, the first thing I had to do is blow it up. Normally, that's a major endevour with something of this size. But the valves on this pool float are very well engineered. The valve has a large hole to get the air out of quickly. The inital plug is actually a one-way valve that allows you to blow into the float without losing any air when you take your next breath. Once you're done blowing it up, you insert the second plug to make sure no air comes out at all. Another nice feature... there are three different air valves. There's one on the ring, one for the unicorn's head, and one for the rainbow mane. I don't think the mane one was necessary, but having the ring and the head on two different air compartments was perfect. It took me about 10 minutes to blow up the ring manually, followed by about four minutes to blow up the head.

Performance? Again, rock solid. A friend of mine took it out on the river over a weekend of camping. It was the hit of the trip. People passing by would laugh and smile, and it actually supported both mother and daughter at the same time. The tail and the head make excellent head and back supports, too. The toy ended up getting christened as "Sparkles", and a great time was had by all.

If you're looking for something large for your pool or camping trip, this is a perfect way to go.

Obtained From: Z11
Comment Comment | Permalink

Monkey Novelty Latex Rubber Panda Head Mask Halloween Party Costume Decorations Masks
Offered by monkey2016
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for when you want to escape the human race and be a panda..., August 1, 2016
I've had a lot of fun with this panda mask. I got a unicorn mask a while back, and the panda mask is make of the same high-quality latex. Unlike the unicorn mask, this one is actually wearable for an extended period of time without having to have a handler lead you around. The fit was perfect for my head (which is thought to be a bit oversized by many), not too tight and relatively comfortable. The eye holes fit up against the face in that area, so you can actually see where you're going and manuever around on your own.

I think the only thing that most people would find someone off with the mask is the smell. Realistically, an over-the-head mask like this is going to have some smell regardless of what you do. To me, it smells a lot like those red rubber playground balls you had growing up. I always sort of liked that smell, but I'm not sure how long I could go before I got a headache. Even so, this mask is very wearable.

And it's cute... who *wouldn't* want to be a panda!

Obtained From: Monkey
Comment Comment | Permalink

Astarin Mens Sheer Mesh Bikini Boxer Briefs Underwear Shorts
Astarin Mens Sheer Mesh Bikini Boxer Briefs Underwear Shorts
Offered by Asarin
Price: $4.50 - $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable *and* sexy..., June 1, 2016
These boxer briefs are quite nice, as well as having solid construction. They're also incredibly sexy. The 5% spandex gives them a bit of stretch to hug the boys and the buns so everything stays in place. The front pouch gives enough room for comfort while still providing support. The color and striping are pretty reveling. The black ribbed stripes are solid, but they are separated by transparent mesh between stipes. You *will* be able to see the goods when you're wearing these. The red edging sets off the black very nicely, and makes for a great look. Everything is triple-stitched, so these are going to last for a very long time.

The only downside is that they run small, so ordering up a size is pretty much a necessity.

Bottom line is that these underwear look great and feel great... definitely sexy.

Astarin Men's Sexy Boxer Briefs Cotton Underwear
Astarin Men's Sexy Boxer Briefs Cotton Underwear

5.0 out of 5 stars Like wearing nothing at all..., June 1, 2016
These briefs are quite nice, as well as having solid construction. The 5% spandex gives them a bit of stretch to hug the boys and the buns so everything stays in place. The front pouch gives enough room for comfort while still providing support. The solid red body and the grey trim feel ultra-soft and feather light, and it almost feels like you're not wearing anything at all. Everything is triple-stitched, so these are going to last for a very long time.

Astarin Mens Cotton Stretch Low Rise Modal Underwear Briefs Pack
Astarin Mens Cotton Stretch Low Rise Modal Underwear Briefs Pack
Offered by Asarin
Price: $5.89 - $21.99

5.0 out of 5 stars High-quality briefs that look and feel great..., June 1, 2016
These briefs are quite nice, as well as having solid construction. The 5% lycra gives them a bit of stretch to hug the boys and the buns so everything stays in place. The mesh fabric feels very smooth and light, and it almost feels like you're not wearing anything at all. Everything is triple-stitched, so these are going to last for a very long time.

UAG Surface Book Feather-Light Composite [ICE] Military Drop Tested Laptop Case
UAG Surface Book Feather-Light Composite [ICE] Military Drop Tested Laptop Case
Price: $79.95
14 used & new from $63.96

5.0 out of 5 stars This is an awesome Surface Book case..., May 30, 2016
I love my Surface Book, but it's so light that I'm always afraid it'll get damaged if I inadvertently drop it. When UAG offered me a review unit of their Surface Book case, I jumped at the chance. I swear by UAG cases on my iPhone, and I'm happy to report that I feel the same way about their Surface case. This is a great case with ingenious design.

Since the Book can undock the screen to become a tablet, I wasn't sure how the UAG case would accommodate it. They do so by making the case in two parts. The keyboard base has a heavy-duty case that curls up the back edge where the keyboard and screen connect. The screen has a separate piece that keeps the screen safe while allowing it to detach and reattach with no problem. The case is snug, and the buttons and ports all line up properly.

When the case is closed, it's actually latched with two side tabs. As such, the Surface Book will not open up while you have it in a backpack. The best part (to me) is the Surface Pen clip that runs along the top of the case. It allows the pen to snap in tightly, and there's little chance of it getting brushed off and lost. Given that I've had that happen a couple of times, that feature alone is worth the case to me.

Probably the only knock on the case is that it does add bulk. Part of the appeal of the Surface Book is how slim it is. With the case on it, it does feel more like a laptop than a tablet/laptop hybrid. Still, it does come off with just a little effort, so you don't have to leave it on all the time. Maybe you just use it while you're traveling. For me, I plan on leaving it on full time. I like the protection my iPhone UAG case gives me, and I enjoy having the same level of protection for my Surface Book now.

Obtained From: Urban Armor Gear
Payment: Free

Isport outdoor shovel, Military Folding Shovel Tactical Military Shovel Multifunctional Shovel for Camping, Hiking, Backpacking, Gardening(Black)
Offered by justmysport
Price: $7.99
2 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good functionality for the price..., May 30, 2016
This collapsible shovel and pick is getting a permanent spot in my emergency bag. It's the right size for small shoveling jobs, and would be worth its weight in gold in so many situations.

When folded up with the handle unscrewed, the unit is just over six inches in length. Screw the handle in, and it sits at 11 inches. The shovel head and the pick head fold down on either side of the upper handle for storage. There's a nut at the base of the head that locks down the shovel and pick at either 180 degrees (straight out) or 90 degrees (either both or one at a time). It's solid when locked in, and you don't have to baby it so as to not break it.

The shovel head is five inches by four inches, which is OK for small holes or trenches. It would also work well if your car was stuck in the snow and you were trying to dig out the wheels for additional traction. It also has a serrated edge on one side, which would work well when trying to cut branches or roots. The pick is four inches long, and it too is solid when using.

I find this also works well for gardening where you're on your hands and knees removing weeds or planting. It's small enough to use in that situation, and it makes short work of the dirt in front of you. My only recommendation is to either add some tape or glue underneath the rubber grip at the bottom of the handle. It slides off pretty easy, and I can't think of too many situations where you wouldn't want it to be a permanent part of the overall unit.

For the price and functionality, this is a really good deal. I'm happy knowing it's in the emergency bag.

Obtained From: ISPORT
Payment: Free

Toponechoice® Women's High Waist Lace Panties Comfortable Underwear with High Elastic
Price: $6.33 - $21.99

3.0 out of 5 stars The sizing is way off..., May 30, 2016
I ordered these for my wife to try, as I thought they looked pretty sexy. They come in a nice box, and would be ready-made to give to someone as a gift. In terms of fabric and feel, they're quite nice. They do have a bit of stretch, but not enough to make up for the completely inaccurate sizing they use.

I got the plus size, as that would be a normal sizing we would use. I also figured they'd be a bit small, as garments from China tend to be smaller than what we see in the states. But this wasn't even close. These XL panties would possibly fit someone who normally buys a small using American sizing. These weren't even "if I lose a few more pounds" small... they were "if I had a completely different body type" small.

If you're tiny, these would make for a great look. Otherwise, you'll be disappointed.

Obtained From: Toponechoice
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 5, 2016 7:41 PM PDT

Palais Glassware 'Crâne' Collection, High Quality Skull Shot Glasses, Set Of 6
Palais Glassware 'Crâne' Collection, High Quality Skull Shot Glasses, Set Of 6
Offered by Gifts 'n More
Price: $9.99
3 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding shot glasses..., May 29, 2016
I'm really loving these skull shot glasses. They're perfect for one of my favorite tiki drinks.

The set of six shot glasses are well-made and heavy duty. When you lift one of the glasses, you know you're holding something that isn't going to shatter if you inadvertently drop it on the bar.

I'm a tiki enthusiast, and these glasses are essential if you're serving a Shrunken Skull drink. The main drink is demerara rum with a touch of pomegranate and cinnamon. The skull shot glass is used to serve up a side shot of rum. These shot glasses are *perfect* for it.

I'm a fan of Palais Glassware offerings, and these are the quality that I've come to expect from them.

Obtained From: Palais Glassware