Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc  Passenger Starting at $39.99 Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Halloween Tailgate-Garden Amazon Football TV Wall Mounting Dressmaker Dressmaker Dressmaker  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle for Kids Edition ErrollGarner Shop Now STEM
Profile for Tete > Reviews

Browse

Tete's Profile

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Tete RSS Feed

Marumi DHG 67mm 67 Macro +5 200 Achromat Achromatic Close up Lens / Filter Japan
Offered by OEC Camera Accessories
Price: $89.95
3 used & new from $89.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Close-Up Filter, March 11, 2012
When I ordered this filter, I was not sure what to expect. (I certainly did not expect it to match dedicated macro lenses, which costed at least four times as much.) After taking a number of pictures, two of which are included above, I am absolutely happy with it. Its sharpness, contrast, and color saturation are quite amazing. If you enjoy close-up photography but do not want to buy a macro lens, I highly recommend this filter. It is way better than most non-achromat filters on the market as it combines two elements to correct chromatic aberration. I agree with other reviewers that this +5 version is more suitable to lenses with shorter focal lengths. I mostly use it on my Tamron 17-50mm. Occasionally, I use it on my Tokina 50-135mm with help of a tripod as depth of field becomes very thin.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 23, 2014 1:33 PM PDT

Haiku Forty-Four
Haiku Forty-Four
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Too Beautiful for Kindle, August 10, 2011
This review is from: Haiku Forty-Four (Kindle Edition)
It is my opinion that Kindle fails to do justice to books of art such as this one. My gripe about Kindle aside, I do enjoy the poems and the pictures in this collection. Reflecting on the author's observations of light and its effects on his emotion, one suspects that he must lead a double life as a photographer and that the beautiful pictures are the work of his alter ego--a suspicion later confirmed in the afterword. The author's vivid descriptions--each in 17 morae--of the beauty and the misery that is winter brings one to a shudder. Having the most impact on this reviewer are the author's pieces about the fairer sex. Suddenly, S&G "For Emily, ..." comes to mind: "And when I awoke and felt you warm and near, I kissed your honey hair with my grateful tears. Oh I love you, girl."