Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM
Profile for karen in milford > Reviews

Browse

karen in milford's Profile

Customer Reviews: 155

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

karen in milford RSS Feed (Milford, PA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
What She Knew: A Novel
What She Knew: A Novel
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $10.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed feelings., August 24, 2016
I have mixed feelings about this book. I read it over two nights but I targeted the villain early on as soon as that person was introduced, so no this is not a spoiler alert review. And the scene in which we see the result of it, it's straight out of scenes I have seen many times in Law & Order SUV that involve the kidnapping of a child. I was actually rather disappointed when she described the room. That was very predictable and out of a TV series. I think it would have worked better as a police procedural. Some of the dialogue was stilted and there were too many people in the book who had improbably backgrounds. That said, I read it and as a summer beach read - it's perfectly fun and fine.

The Trump Revolution: The Donald's Creative Destruction Deconstructed
The Trump Revolution: The Donald's Creative Destruction Deconstructed
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written, engaging, and smart., August 20, 2016
Ilana Mercer has a sharp wit and intellect - she's scary smart. Her first book, Into the Cannibal's Pot, is must reading for anyone who is concerned about mob rule and tyranny in the name of "political correctness" and "justice." It's actually not worth dying to be thought of as tolerant and morally superior. Read that book. The Trump Revolution is just as eye-opening. Ilana knows that "the revolution" is not about Trump the man but the feelings and ideas he has tapped into and is expressing to a large constituency for the first time in a very long time. The fact that 3 million or more people (a lot of them disaffected, disenchanted white men who pay the bills for war, welfare - both corporate and personal, and disastrous immigration policies) will get into their cars and drive to the polls on election day for the first time in 4 or more national election cycles scares a lot of people and that's why the MSM, neocons and left wing progressives too, RINOs and the establishment GOP loathe Trump. They don't want those people to vote because their non participation in the political process has helped them all retain power and siphon off money into their collective goals: foreign wars, globalism (which is not good for the "working person" or "working families"), and a feudal system they control. Whether you like Trump or not, this is an important book to read. The fact that it is addictively readable, as is Cannibal's Pot, makes it all the more worthy. Mercer's word-smithing is engaging simply from a writer's point of view. For anyone who does not understand (or scoffs at) Trump's appeal this is MUST reading - those who are on the Trump train will gain further insight into the movement that will long outlast the man himself. Recommended.

1 World Sarongs Womens Embroidered Tie Dye Cover-Up Sarong in Orange/Yellow
1 World Sarongs Womens Embroidered Tie Dye Cover-Up Sarong in Orange/Yellow
Offered by 1 World Sarongs
Price: $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for turning into a dress., August 20, 2016
I love the roomier size of "women's'" sarongs because they are just more versatile if you are tall like me (even though I am not particularly large). You can wear them more ways as a dress, they make a great throws on slightly chilly summer nights, and so on. The fabric is great for decorating too. If you are truly small I would not buy a woman's size unless you want to use the fabric for decoration, of course. However, if you are tall or larger in any way, the large size works better as a dress. I find the standard size sarong too short to tie as a dress. This fabric was very soft and nice. I love it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 22, 2016 10:59 AM PDT

Norma Kamali Women's Straight Leg Pant Go in, Midnight, Medium
Norma Kamali Women's Straight Leg Pant Go in, Midnight, Medium
Price: $89.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Runs Very Large But Looks Great When you Have the Right Size, August 20, 2016
Very soft, fluid fabric, with a wonderful "drape" and high waisted so versatile with any kind of top. The other reviewers are right, however, that these pants run large. So buy 2 sizes smaller than usual, or start with one size down at the very least. I bought 2 sizes down. They fit great. Looks wonderful with the dolman sleeve changeable dresses from Norma Kamali and extends the wardrobe greatly especially when you want to travel light but vary your wardrobe too.

KAMALIKULTURE Women's All In One Dress, Blueberry, Large
KAMALIKULTURE Women's All In One Dress, Blueberry, Large
Offered by BHFO
Price: $24.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific versatile and easy to pack., August 10, 2016
As usual, this dress is comfortable, flattering, and versatile. I have a longer version, which I wear as a dress. This one is shorter and I feel somewhat uncomfortable wearing it as a dress but I have used it as a beach cover up, a tunic out to dinner with skinny pants, and also with thick tights. I really love this dress and style. Between my grey one version (below the knee) and this one, a couple of Lisse or Fabletics leggings, a couple of white T's, a pari of sandals and a pair of flats, and black tights, and jewelry I wear on the plane, these dresses allow for extremely light packing that can take you thought a long weekend, in Paris, NY or anywhere. Recommended.

Irwin Naturals Stress Defy, Balanced, Relaxed, Calm Soft-Gels, 84-Count Bottle
Irwin Naturals Stress Defy, Balanced, Relaxed, Calm Soft-Gels, 84-Count Bottle
Offered by Preferred Mart
Price: $17.89
18 used & new from $17.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems to work., August 10, 2016
I did not buy this product from Amazon, but from The Herb Seller in East Davenport, Iowa, where I was visiting. Before I invested in the $25 bottle, the shopkeeper gave me a free sample of this and Sunny Moods. She said I would be able to tell immediately which one I preferred. Stress-Defy wins. I did not get much of a lift from Sunny Moods but I definitely feel a difference with Stress-Defy. More relaxed without being sleepy, less anxiety, less depressed. Not sure it is the placebo effect or how long it will last, but as someone who has taken many prescription anti depressants over the years and been involved in at least 4 clinical trials of drugs for resistant people, I felt this made a noticeable difference. I do take it with a prescription vitamin d cap because I have no vitamin d in my system. Not sure if this has an influence, but the vitamin d on its own, which I have taken for several years, did not lift my mood or reduce stress. Irwin seems to be a high quality product. I will buy this product again, from Amazon, since I do not live near The Herb Cellar. I was afraid of the see of the pills but because they are smooth gel caps they go down easily and I do take one and then the other. I do not try to swallow both at the same time. Thank you.

Breaking Vegan: One Woman's Journey from Veganism, Extreme Dieting, and Orthorexia to a More Balanced Life
by Jordan Younger
Price: $14.66
80 used & new from $3.62

5.0 out of 5 stars I actually bought and read this book., July 24, 2016
It is so unfortunate that Amazon allows negative reviews for this book on the site, which are so obviously from people who have an ax to grind with someone who found veganism not right for her. It's so surprising because I always was led to believe that vegans were "special" people who cared more, were more compassionate, more tolerant, more open minded than anyone else. It turns out they aren't, and in some cases they are worse. I thought BREAKING VEGAN was an excellent PERSONAL story of a food journey. I thought is was extremely insightful and helpful for anyone who has struggled with food and tried various restrictive ways of eating -- veganism being the most restrictive among them. Jordan Younger is also a very nice writer; she has a fresh and honest voice. It's so awful that people can be so defensive and afraid that they would attack her in this forum. Amazon should be ashamed of itself. I think this book is courageous, interesting, humorous at times, and deeply engaging. Bravo to this brave young woman.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 7, 2016 6:40 PM PDT

Game Day Football Tablecover Party Accessory (1 count) (1/Pkg)
Game Day Football Tablecover Party Accessory (1 count) (1/Pkg)
Price: $3.72
33 used & new from $1.34

3.0 out of 5 stars So so, June 23, 2016
Very thin, tore easily. Wasn't really worth it. Would not buy again.

Wilton First And Ten Football Pan
Wilton First And Ten Football Pan
Price: $10.17
78 used & new from $3.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice quality., June 23, 2016
Nice pan, easily cleans up. Cooks a bit unevenly because of the shape, but just leave it in a bit longer to cook the middle. Very easy to decorate and turns out to look authentic. I will use this again during football season but it was a great pairing with the helmet shaped cake pan for a kid's football themed birthday party. You can also make two of these and "glue" them together with frosting to make a completely 3-D football cake, set on an angle with frosting to hold it up (and cut part of the bottom of assembled cake flat for it sits at an angle).

12 Inflatable FOOTBALL Beach Balls/INFLATES/POOL PARTY Birthday FAVORS/TOY 16" DOZEN/NEW in package
Offered by 4Es Novelty
Price: $9.91
7 used & new from $4.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality., June 23, 2016
Fun favor and very easy to inflate by mouth. Nice quality and a bargain for 12.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16