Amazon Vehicles GoldBox Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports
Profile for Hemingray > Reviews

Browse

Hemingray's Profile

Customer Reviews: 18

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Hemingray RSS Feed (Dana Point, CA USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Incase CL59667 Slider Case for iPhone 4 - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Black
Incase CL59667 Slider Case for iPhone 4 - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, but doesn't protect your phone., April 10, 2012
I bought this case because I've used Incase's products in the past. The case is attractive, unobtrusive, and fits snugly.

The only problem is, it was useless when it actually got put to the test--you know, actually PROTECTING my phone. Yesterday, my iPhone fell from a height of 3 feet (my pocket), hit a tile floor on its edge and shattered the front glass. The case was fine with only a chipped edge, but now I'm out $199 because I didn't have AppleCare+.

Lessons learned: 1) Buy AppleCare+. 2) I will never buy another Incase product again.

Black & Decker HPD18AK-2 18-Volt High Performance Drill
Black & Decker HPD18AK-2 18-Volt High Performance Drill

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome drill, so-so case, October 11, 2011
My wife bought this for me as a birthday present to replace my dead 9.6v Ryobi. Talk about a night and day difference! The drill has a real heft to it, and is very rugged. I can see this thing lasting for a long time, which is very important to me. Now for a couple minor gripes:

1) The screwdriver bits supplied with the drill don't stay attached to the base of the grip very well. While using this drill for a project it was falling off frequently.

2) The case doesn't come close to matching the quality of the drill. It's pretty flimsy and cheap-feeling, and only has a compartment for holding the drill body; the rest of the case is wide open. This means that the batteries, charger, and 10-piece drill set have no specific stowage areas, so they just rattle around inside. Not a deal breaker by any means, but I had expected better.

Overall it's a great drill, and the extra battery alone makes it worth the purchase in my opinion.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 27, 2012 1:25 PM PDT

HOMAK HS10036683 Electronic Access Pistol Box, 10 X 3.5 X 7.5 Inch
HOMAK HS10036683 Electronic Access Pistol Box, 10 X 3.5 X 7.5 Inch
Price: $43.25
6 used & new from $43.25

1.0 out of 5 stars Homak won't help you if it dies., October 6, 2011
I purchased this less than 2 years ago, and noticed that once in awhile the solenoid lock wouldn't release. That should have been a red flag from the beginning, but I figured it was low batteries or something. Well a couple months ago it completely died. It took me over 80 tries to finally get the solenoid lock to release (using a fresh 9V battery) so I could at least get my gun out. Sure enough, now the box has that distinct "burnt electronics" smell. Heavy duty container, but cheap electronics.

I emailed Homak customer support several times over the past several weeks, and no one ever got back to me. Clearly they are not interested in fixing these boxes.

Had there been an intruder in my house, I could have been dead. Needless to say, I will never EVER buy another Homak product. Buyer beware.

Koolatron Lentek Biteshield RZ02 Electronic Racket Zapper - Assorted colors
Koolatron Lentek Biteshield RZ02 Electronic Racket Zapper - Assorted colors
Price: $10.36
10 used & new from $1.04

1.0 out of 5 stars Dead on Arrival., August 26, 2011
As soon as I got it, I put in fresh batteries and went after a very large fly in the house. It didn't kill it; it didn't even stun it. So I stuck my finger into the mesh, and nothing. The red light was on, but there was no current to the mesh. This just goes to show that you get what you pay for. I tried to save a few bucks and now I have the hassle of returning it. Get the Charcoal Companion instead. It's about twice as expensive, but my friend has one and I know it works well (which is why I wanted to get one of these in the first place). Plus, the Charcoal Companion doesn't have the outside mesh layers. Common sense says having multiple layers of mesh just reduces your chances of killing the insect. Wish I'd used my common sense before wasting time & money on this cheap version.

WD Elements 2 TB USB 2.0 Desktop External Hard Drive
WD Elements 2 TB USB 2.0 Desktop External Hard Drive
Offered by DatabugLLC
Price: $202.99
13 used & new from $98.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great economy drive for backups, April 19, 2011
I've been using it for over 2 months now for weekly & monthly backups, and haven't had any issues so far. The form factor is about the size of a VHS case, very minimalist.

The only complaint I have is the poor quality of the jacks/case alignment. The power jack is misaligned by about 1/8", which makes inserting the power jack very difficult. I'm afraid it may break with too many inserts/removals, so when I store it in my safe I just leave the USB & power cords attached. It's not as elegant, but overall I'm very happy with this drive.

SentrySafe H2300  0.36 Cubic Foot Fire-Safe Waterproof Chest, Silver Gray
SentrySafe H2300 0.36 Cubic Foot Fire-Safe Waterproof Chest, Silver Gray
71 used & new from $346.84

4.0 out of 5 stars Great quality and cost-effective safe, February 7, 2011
I purchased this safe specifically for holding an off-site backup of my home's data. The safe arrived with a slight gash on the lid and some messy white foam around the black handle area (which I assume to be remnants of overfilling the wall cavity?) Not a big deal. Wiped and scraped the excess away so it looks as good as the picture. The inside is roomy with more than enough to fit my Western Digital 2TB Elements hard drive. In fact, it could probably hold 4-6 of them! Also, the cylindrical key is better quality than some older Sentry safes I've owned and worked with. I'm sure a professional could break it no problem, but this safe will also be behind a locked door.

Although it has a seal to make it waterproof, the documentation states it was tested submersed in 3 inches of water (above the top of the safe) for 1 hour. I'm not sure if I'd trust this in a full-blown flood, but it should at least give one enough time to locate it and move it to higher ground if necessary. The manufacturer also suggests putting valuables inside another container, which I will be doing. I also purchased a tin pack of silica gel desiccants to help keep humidity down inside, as it will be holding electronics.

Overall, this was an inexpensive way to obtain some peace of mind with my data, and I am very happy with the purchase.

Victorinox Swiss Army Explorer with Free Pouch
Victorinox Swiss Army Explorer with Free Pouch
Price: $44.99
5 used & new from $40.49

5.0 out of 5 stars 21 years and still going strong., January 21, 2011
My father gave me the Explorer model in 1990. Since then this tool has stuck by my side and has come in handy hundreds of times. There are a few minor design changes made to this model since then, but overall it is the same tool. I just sharpened the blades and scissors and gave it a good oiling and it's as good as new. I expect this will last me decades more and I even expect to pass it onto my son when the time comes. Victorinox knives really withstand the test of time; you will not be disappointed.

FYI: With the Explorer's current price (about $39), you'd get more tools for your buck if you purchase the Champion Plus model, which is around $31. I like this tool's size (fits well in a pocket and isn't too bulky), I own both the Explorer and the Champion Plus for when I need the additional tools. The explorer has all of the essentials for me though.

Hey Vern, It's Ernest!: The Complete Series
Hey Vern, It's Ernest!: The Complete Series
DVD ~ Jim Varney
Offered by Lunch money
Price: $4.99
48 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars It's Ernest P. Worrell with a story and a moral!, January 17, 2011
I will never forget the thrill of seeing Jim Varney on his own TV show for the first time. As an 80's child, I was a fan of Ernest, You Can't Do That on Television, and PeeWee's Playhouse--it was only natural that this show was the perfect combination. I am so glad they released this series on DVD! The price is amazing as well. R.I.P. Jim Varney. You will always be one of my favorite actors.

Maglite Replacement Lamps for 2-Cell AA Mini Flashlight, 2-Pack
Maglite Replacement Lamps for 2-Cell AA Mini Flashlight, 2-Pack
Price: $2.24
113 used & new from $1.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Xenon is much brighter than stock bulb!, January 12, 2011
I ordered these replacement bulbs and was pleasantly surprised to receive Xenon bulbs; based on the main product picture, I was just expecting stock bulbs. I replaced the bulb in my Mini Mag and was again pleasantly surprised to see the difference in brightness! The Xenon bulbs are much brighter, and even slightly smaller. I have always preferred incandescent bulbs to LEDs. This flashlight has been going strong for over 20 years, and I expect it to last another 20 at least. $1.25 for a bulb that lasts 10+ years of occasional use? Good enough for me.

Victorinox Swiss Army Champion Plus Pocket Knife
Victorinox Swiss Army Champion Plus Pocket Knife
Price: $47.23
4 used & new from $40.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Do not confuse with the SwissChamp!, January 11, 2011
There seems to be some confusion between the Champion Plus (this model) and the SwissChamp model. Hopefully this will help: the ONLY difference between the two is that the SwissChamp also has a pair of pliers. That's it. If you want some background, read on...

- The original Champion (not Plus) model was discontinued around 2001. It used to be their "top-of-the-line" model until 1985, when the SwissChamp (model 1.6795) debuted.

- The Champion Plus (model 1.6795.R) is a revival of the original Champion, debuting around 2003-2004. It includes all of the features of the SwissChamp EXCEPT for the pliers. It is still sold today, though it is not widely marketed by Victorinox (you can't find it on their web site). There has been speculation that it may be discontinued at some point. Note the "R" in the model number, which usually designates a Special Run; the base model number is identical to the SwissChamp.

A special thanks to SAKWiki for the above information.

As a side note, I have owned a SwissChamp for almost 15 years now, and it is still hands down the best quality pocket knife I've ever owned. I just recently ordered a Champion Plus to keep as a spare. I don't use the pliers all that often, so if I can save $20+ on such a high quality product, great!

Page: 1 | 2