Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEM
Profile for shuTTL3bus > Reviews

Browse

shuTTL3bus' Profile

Customer Reviews: 237

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

shuTTL3bus "shuTTL3bus @gmail .com" RSS Feed (United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Verona 30" 715 CFM Island Range Hood
Verona 30" 715 CFM Island Range Hood
Offered by Buildcom
Price: $1,559.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but Worth It, September 22, 2015
There are a lot of expensive range hoods out there and many of them are not worth it. Sure they look pretty but under the hood they just aren't that good. This is one of Zephyr's most expensive hoods and for a good reason.

First of all, this hood uses LED lights instead of incandescent or halogen bulbs. This has 3 very distinct benefits. 1) No heat. 2) Less electricity 3) Longer lasting. There are not many range hood makers using LEDs but Zephyr is one of them

The second reason and one of the biggest is this model uses a brushless motor for its blower. Brushless motors are quite a bit more expensive than regular motors (Think Dyson) but is what makes this hood so special. 1) Brushless motor is quieter. 2) Brushless motor is stronger 3) Brushless motor uses less electricity. This brushless motor is what enables this range hood to be almost whisper quiet on its lowest setting and also be able to push out 715 cfm while being quieter than most range hoods at 250 cfm.

Finally, the thing that makes this one of the most expensive in the Zephyr line is the unique LED lighting on the "hood" itself. This allows the hood to be either blue, white, or orange depending on your kitchen or your mood. I know of no other hood which can do that and is a great talking point when people see it.

Overall, Zephyr make amazing range hoods and this is one of their best.

Trend Enterprises Math Operations Flash Cards Pack - Set of 4
Trend Enterprises Math Operations Flash Cards Pack - Set of 4
Offered by THE BT GROUP
Price: $26.54
8 used & new from $23.64

5.0 out of 5 stars These are the Flash Cards to Get, September 22, 2015
These are perfect and the best cards to get. They are quite a bit more expensive than the other cards I've seen but are completely worth it.

First off, there is only one problem per card. One side has the answer the other side does not. This is what you want as you are trying to get your kids to memorize the answer not figure it out. Therefore, I have my kids go through the side with the answer and say it out loud. This hits visual, verbal, auditory methods of input into the brain. After something becomes too easy I remove the cards ( 0, 1, 10 etc). I have them go through the cards 2 to 5 times depending on how many cards are left. After they have done that I have them do a 5 min drill sheet to see what they have learned and I will sometime go through the cards with them looking a the non-answered side to see which ones are still hard and which ones are too easy.

Durherm Portable Personal Folding Home Steam Sauna
Durherm Portable Personal Folding Home Steam Sauna
Offered by _Gallant_
Price: $109.95
2 used & new from $109.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great For Sauna (Hyperthermia Therapy) and Ozone Saunas, September 22, 2015
Obligatory Warning: I am not a doctor and nor am I pretending to be one. I am not giving any medical advice all I am doing is reviewing a product and how I use it. If you are interested in finding out more about Ozone, I recommend watching some of Dr Robert Rowen’s, MD videos or trying to find the medical research by the German medical establishment or Cuban medical establishment. Both of countries have made some pretty impressive headway.

I am going to be reviewing and comparing the Steam Sauna Durherm Portable Personal Folding Home Steam Sauna and the Far IR Sauna DURHERM DIF-202 IR FAR Infrared Indoor Portable Foldable Sauna with Heating Food Pad and Chair. Before talking about the saunas I will briefly touch on why you would want to sauna.

Why Sauna?

Sauna relieve stress
Sauna relax muscles and soothe aches/pains in both muscles and joints
Sauna flush toxins
Sauna cleanses the skin
Saunas can help fight illness — One of the most powerful way your immune system fights illnesses is by generating a fever. The only problem when your body does it is it also raises the temperature of your brain. This has obvious impactions as are felt when you have a fever. By keeping your head out, your body temperature is increased while your brain’s temperature is not raised nearly as much. Also, while ozone has many befits of providing oxygen to your body, it is an irritant for your lungs, so you could not use ozone in an enclosed whole body sauna.

I’m not going to go into the benefits of oxygenating your body with ozone. I will say that I run a water bubbler in between the ozone generator and the sauna. This provides 2 benefits then it will humidify the ozone before it reaches the sauna which is more important for the Far IR than the steam but it also makes a nice glass of ozone water to drink after the sauna.

Overall, both of these saunas provide the benefits of hyperthermia. It is amazing that you can do this for $100 to $200 and not take up a room in your house. Modern technology is great. Below is a rundown of the pros and cons of the two saunas. I far prefer the Far IR sauna and I feel it is well worth the difference in price and is the much better value.

Pros Steam Sauna

Cheaper

Better at warming the legs than the Far IR one

Warms up in 5 min from room temperature water. No need to boil water first.

Cons
More water in the sauna afterwards. More to leak out of the sauna onto the floor. I only had this problem when I moved it. However, I do keep a towel under this sauna.

- I use distilled water so this is not a problem for me but if you use water with minerals you will have do clean the minerals off the steam generator with white vinegar or citric acid periodically

- Steam nozzle can get moved accidentally and aim the steam at you which can be painfully hot
- Fairly intensive to set up so it is not something you are really going to want to disassemble and reassemble daily. Takes about 5 min.

- Rudimentary controls. The steam generator has one of those wind knob to roughly set the time. That is the only thing you can set. Can’t change the timer while in the sauna.

Can only accommodate a little over 6 feet (My guess would be maybe unto 6’ 3” depending on how much you scrunch.)
More difficult to set up
Have to bring water to the steam generator
No chair. I bought a $20 plastic chair.

Pro Far IR Sauna

Better controls - Can set temp between 130 and 150 in increments of 5. Can set time from 5 to 30 min in increments of 5. You can easily set the timer longer while in the sauna. Can switch on the foot warming pad or leave it off.

Warms up quickly. I set it at 150 deg and 5 min and at the end of the time I reset the time for 30 min and jump in.

The panels do get hot and are not comfortable to continually touch but they are not so hot as to burn you on contact.

Incredibly easy to set up. Simply fold open. If you don’t want to leave it out, it folds into a slim package you could put in a closet or under your bed.

Has a floor piece.

Includes chair.

Better control for heating specific parts. If you want your arms warmer you can hold them closer to the 2 side Far IR heaters. Want your back warmer, lean back a little further. This is somewhat restricted by the neck collar which is designed to prevent you from being too far back and getting burned from the rear heater.

Cons

Legs not as heated as well as arms and torso. I wish they could put 2 smaller heating plates in the front by your legs one on each side of the zipper.

More plastic inside. The wire for the footpad and the foot pad itself are plastic and therefore will eventually be corroded by the ozone. However, all of the plates and the wires for the plates are outside. Also, I am guessing it is going to be years before the ozone eats the plastic. I only flow 1/8 liter per min. If this becomes an issue sooner I will update.

Overall, I greatly prefer the Far IR sauna and I think it is well worth the little bit extra you pay. However, if you simply cannot afford the extra money then the steam sauna will give you much the same benefits.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 3, 2016 1:55 PM PST

2 used & new from $249.00

5.0 out of 5 stars It is not a NEAR IR Sauna--Great For Sauna (Hyperthermia Therapy) and Ozone Saunas, September 22, 2015
D.M. Cavalier is very much mistaken. This sauna does not make NEAR IR and nor does it make Medium IR. I will provide some links in the comments but here is how you can tell it is not near IR.

“Near Infrared”, “IRA”, “Short wave” or “Bright” Infrared heaters and “Heat Lamps” operate between 780 nm to 1,400 nm and emit temperatures of 1300°C and more plus a bright red visible light. Emitters are typically Quartz with a reflector to concentrate the heat in a particular direction.

“Medium Infrared”, “IRB” or “Medium Wave “ infrared heaters  operate between 1,400 nm and 3,000 nm and emit temperatures  of 500 – 800°C and produce a deep red light (like bar fires).

“Far infrared”, “IRC”, “Long wave” or “Dark Radiators” operate in the wavelengths above 3,000 nm.  Far Infrared elements emit much lower temperatures, typically  around the 100°C mark and no visible light.  Human and animal skin absorbs Far infrared specifically well, because of its 80% water composition, making Far Infrared a biologically significant heating wavelength for humans and animals.
Far Infrared heaters use a number of different elements, with popular ones being nickel or fecralloy wiring or more recently carbon fibre.

He is also incorrect that only ceramic semiconductors are used as FAR IR heaters. Carbon while not the best material, is used extensively for its inexpensive price.

It is very obvious that D.M. Cavalier does not have the faintest idea what he is talking about and doesn’t own the product.

Why Sauna?

Sauna relieve stress
Sauna relax muscles and soothe aches/pains in both muscles and joints
Sauna flush toxins
Sauna cleanses the skin

Pros Steam Sauna

Cheaper

Better at warming the legs than the Far IR one

Warms up in 5 min from room temperature water. No need to boil water first.

More difficult to set up
Have to bring water to the steam generator
No chair. I bought a $20 plastic chair.

Pro Far IR Sauna

Has a floor piece.

Includes chair.

Cons

Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 27, 2016 10:31 PM PST

Mega Assortment of 40 Marbles - Large Pack of 40 Marbles with a Free Bonus Shooter Marble - Comes in a Velour Flocked Bag with Double Cord Drawstring - Replacement Marbles for Marble Run Games
Offered by Joytitude
Price: $6.25
4 used & new from $6.25

3.0 out of 5 stars Marginal and Overpriced, September 22, 2015
In the picture these marbles look like cat eye marbles. They are not. They have some sort of exterior shimmery coating which gives a nice appearance. I am not sure how durable this coating is and I don't know what it is made of. Additionally, these marbles are not round. They are roughly round but they are not round. They are also not a uniform size. I have uploaded a photo to show what I received.

As far as price goes, they seem overpriced. A quick search of Amazon and I found these two items. 200 Pieces Cats Eyes Glass Marble / Sling Shot Ammo for $8.93 or JMK 100 pcs Glass Marbles with Shooter for $5.88.

For me this is not a product I would recommend.

I was provided a sample of this product for a fair review.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Kraus GVR-204-RE Irruption Blue Rectangular Glass Vessel Bathroom Sink
Kraus GVR-204-RE Irruption Blue Rectangular Glass Vessel Bathroom Sink
Price: $119.95
16 used & new from $37.92

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing But Be Careful With Installation, September 11, 2015
This is a fantastic sink. The blue fusion color is gorgeous. Everything about this sink is top notch.

The reason I give this sink 4 stars is this is a replacement sink. I originally bought the sink faucet combo which is also amazing. However, the installation instructions for the sink leave a little to be desired. Also, the installation as it currently stands is flawed. The bottom of this sink is not flat. It is fairly curved. So it does not sit on a counter top very well. If you buy a round vessel sink, then you get a part for the sink to sit on in-between the counter top. This part is curved on the top and has a gasket on the bottom. This sink needs a piece like that as you don't want your glass sink sitting directly on a stone counter top. The outside of the sink is the blue leaf and you don't want that rubbing on the counter top. Also, since it is curved it is not very stable like that. My first attempt, I tried to put a gasket in-between the sink and the counter top. I couldn't really find one that fit very well so the sink moved too much and caused rubbing on the blue leaf. So I needed to replace the sink.

This time what I did was put down a fairly large patch of clear silicon around the hole on the counter top. I then lowered the sink onto the patch and then screwed the drain in. This has worked great so far. The first install, the sink was very wiggly. If you looked at it funny it would move. With this install, the sink is much more solid. With how wide the sink is, it still barely moves in a rotational direction. However, laterally and longitudinally, it is very solid.

My other note is vessel sinks are not the best for smaller children as they like to use them as a handle for pulling themselves up. Just something to consider.

Overall, this sink is amazing and beautiful but I am not sure what Kraus was thinking with the installation. They need to include a curved part to cradle the sink with a silicone gasket on both sides to keep it from moving.

Split-King: Adjustable King Sea Bamboo bed sheets 100% Rayon from Bamboo Sheet Set
Offered by Royal Hotel Bedding
Price: $199.99
2 used & new from $99.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Great If You Want To Spend $100 Every 2 Weeks for New Sheets, September 11, 2015
I bought these sheets based on all of the wonderful reviews. When I first got them, I was amazed at how soft and comfortable they are. Really amazing sheets.

Since I read the review I about the "morons" who can't follow directions, I have been exceedingly careful to follow the washing directions, cold water, low heat dry etc.

None of that mattered as after about a month, the sheets have little balls all over them. Since, the balls are mostly located on the points where ones body interacts with them with the greatest force, I conclude they are created from the friction of sleeping on them.

It doesn't really matter how they are caused, the only thing that matters is they are exceedingly uncomfortable and I am looking for a replacement.

Overall, if you don't mind spending $100 for new sheets every 2 weeks, these are fantastic. If you think $100 sheets should last longer than 2 weeks I would recommend shopping elsewhere. I have used DreamFit in the past and they have worked great. I am thinking of trying their DreamFit 5 which are also bamboo sheets but after this experience I don't know if I want to risk the $200.

Coocheer Home/office Power Strip with 5-port USB and 2-outlet Surge Protector for Smartphone, Tablet ,Laptop and More-black
Offered by coocheer

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic little power strip, September 11, 2015
This is a fantastic little power strip. I have this in my bedroom and it handles all of my charging needs. It charges my phone, kindle and laptop and it powers my bedside light. When I travel, this little guy comes with me.

Overall, this is well worth the money and is now my bedroom charging station.

SoundPEATS Bluetooth Headphones Stereo Wireless Earphones for Running with Mic (6 Hours Play Time, Bluetooth 4.0, IPX4 Sweatproof, Secure Ear Hooks Design) -QY7 Black & Green
Offered by SoundPEATS Audio
Price: $19.99
5 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Sounding Ear Buds, July 1, 2015
These are great sounding ear buds. I give the sound quality a 7 which is the highest I feel qualified to give.

These earbuds are also very comfortable. I give them an 8. The ear buds fit comfortably inside your ear. However, the actual ear buds are slightly larger than others I have tried so I doc 1 point for comfort on that. Also, the cord is slightly longer than some others I have. I prefer the shorter cord, so I doc another point for that.

The controls on these earbuds are easy to use and this was very easy to pair with my iPhone 6. So a 10 for the controls.

Overall, these are really nice bluetooth ear buds and are my second favorite pair. For me the cord is longer than I prefer but for others the added length my be welcomed. I would give this product a 4.5 star except no half stars allowed so I rounded up to 5.

I was provided a sample for an honest review.

Bluetooth Headphones, ZhiZhu® QY5 Wireless Sport Bluetooth 4.1 Sweat Proof Stereo Headset, Noise Cancellation Earbud With Mic And Hands Free Calling for iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 5S 5C 5 4S, Samsung Galaxy, Sony Xperia, HTC, LG, Other Smartphones.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sound Good But I Don't Prefer Controls on Cord, July 1, 2015
These bluetooth ear buds sound great. I give them a 7 for sound quality and I don't feel qualified to offer any higher of a rating on any head set. The ear buds come with small, medium, and large ear pieces. I use the med which comes already installed and the ear buds are very comfortable in my ear. These ear buds are great for cleaning, yard work, etc.

The controls on the ear buds are easy to use and work well. However, I don't prefer them on the cord. The cord is pretty long as it is and the extra weight of the controls pulls the cord to it side and I feel it on my neck which I find annoying.

Overall, these are some great sounding ear buds but the controls on the cord causes the cord to rub on my neck.

I was provided a sample for an honest review.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20