Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Tall Heights Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now
Profile for Pete > Reviews

Browse

Pete's Profile

Customer Reviews: 17

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Pete RSS Feed (New York, NY)

Page: 1 | 2
Risk 1998 Board Game With Army shaped Pieces
Risk 1998 Board Game With Army shaped Pieces
62 used & new from $24.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, May 21, 2016
The game is just as I remember it from my childhood

Tech21 Evo Mesh Protective Case for Apple iphone 5/5S (Black)
Tech21 Evo Mesh Protective Case for Apple iphone 5/5S (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it! Looks and feels great, May 21, 2016
I have had this case for about a week, I love it! Looks and feels great!

Kuzy - Russian Language Keyboard Cover for MacBook Pro 13" 15" 17" (with or w/out Retina Display) Silicone Skin for iMac and MacBook Air 13" - Russian/English Cyrillic
Offered by KUZY
Price: $8.99
11 used & new from $5.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice cover but be mindful of overheating!, February 5, 2014
I have a temperature gauge that sits in the menu bar. Within minutes my temperature spiked from 37* C to 55*C. This didn't make much sense to me, but the computer must vent air from between the keys or something.... This was on a macbook air.

Luckily I only intend on using this for a short periods of time so this is still perfect for me. When I get back home I'm going to keep this on my wireless keyboard, so it should become a nonissue.

***Edit:
I also Noticed that for some reason this cover muffles the sound of the laptops speakers. I guess the speakers are located behind the keys somehow? Just an FYI if you intend to keep this on 24/7 and use the speakers often. This doesn't bother me since I'm just using this to learn how to type in russian and I'm considering this tuition. Once I learn, I'll probably give or store it away.

Wiley CPAexcel Exam Review 2014 Study Guide, Financial Accounting and Reporting
Wiley CPAexcel Exam Review 2014 Study Guide, Financial Accounting and Reporting

3.0 out of 5 stars It's a good book but its driving me crazy navigating through this ..., December 12, 2013
Spend a couple hours and add links to the subchapters in the TOC or something. It's a good book but its driving me crazy navigating through this thing.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 24, 2014 5:59 PM PDT

StarTech.com 6 ft Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort 1.2 Adapter Cable M/M - DisplayPort 4k with HBR2 support - 6 feet Mini DP to DP Cable
Price: $7.33
97 used & new from $4.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Is what is, does what it does., December 12, 2013
Like the title says, it does exactly what's supposed to. No Problems so far. I would buy it again for sure.

Apple MC500LL/A Battery Charger with six NiMH batteries
Apple MC500LL/A Battery Charger with six NiMH batteries
Price: $29.00
20 used & new from $19.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what you'd expect, maybe a little over priced but I'm fine with it., December 9, 2013
Works great, always have batteries on hand for my keyboard / trackpad. Another simple / minimalist product from apple that works great.

Hario VDC-02W V60 Ceramic Coffee Dripper, White
Hario VDC-02W V60 Ceramic Coffee Dripper, White
Price: $19.00
197 used & new from $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick and Easy, No Plastic Makes Me Happy, December 9, 2013
I use this every morning. Works ok with standard coffee filters, works great with the "Cone" shaped ones they sell for this. Super easy and quick to use and clean. Also, I love the fact that I don't have to worry whether some cheap plastic coffee maker is leeching chemicals into my coffee.

Dell P2714H IPS 27-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor
Dell P2714H IPS 27-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor
Offered by BuyVPC
Price: $289.95
39 used & new from $179.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Monitor for the Price, December 9, 2013
I've had this monitor for a month now. I'm using it in conjunction with a 2012 Mac Mini. The image quality is great. I use a mini display port to display port cable for connectivity. I was initially concerned with the quality of the stand, but it seems to be holding up nicely and isn't as delicate as my initial impression led me to believe but I would still refrain from man handling it to any degree. It looks fantastic on my desk with my other aluminum cased things. Although the base is silver painted plastic, it looks great right next to my other things. Although being only 1080p, nothing seems pixelated. It's rather sharp, I wish it were 1440p but it's not worth double the price for me. I plan to use this monitor for 3 years and get a new 1440p monitor when the price of those has fallen, when I assume by then 4k monitors will have the status the 1440's have today. The monitor adjustment controls are easy and intuitive.

Summary (1 Month in):
- Stylish (Looks great next to my mac mini)
- Great Controls
- Great Size
- Great Screen
- Great price

Negatives:
- No Built in Speakers (If that's important to you)
- No HDMI (Again, if that's important to you)
Comment Comment | Permalink

Samsung Chromebook (Wi-Fi, 11.6-Inch) 2012 Model
Samsung Chromebook (Wi-Fi, 11.6-Inch) 2012 Model
58 used & new from $69.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok for what it's trying to be, ended up not for me., March 9, 2013
EDIT:
Ended up hating this computer. After buying a macbook Air, I hated myself for torturing myself with this POS. Although, if you just want to browse the web and do one thing at time (This thing kind of sucks at multi tasking), then by all means get it.

-----------

I bought this to take with me to the library or starbucks to do some studying. I use it to access both my study material and for note taking on google drive.

I bought an iPad for these purposes originally but multitasking on an iDevice isn't the greatest, especially when one of those tasks involves typing.

I find this is now a great complement to an iPad. I listen to music, do quick google searches and use a calculator on my iPad. I take notes and read my material on the chromebook.

I've only had it one day so far but i love it, super light, long battery life and cheappppp.

EDIT:
I just tried playing music. It is surprisingly good! The quality of the audio through my headphones is very good. It's just as good as listening from my mac. The built speakers, compared to other laptop speakers i've had / heard are like an 8, with a 10 being the best laptop speaker I have ever heard.

Just tried youtube, once video was buffered, it worked great.

I use chrome on all my other devices and I LOVE that all I had to do was log into my account when the chromebook first started up and everything was setup for me to match my other computers. Seamless, painless and awesome.

Hard to tell if I could handle this being my one and only computer as I also own a mac mini and an iPad. I'll update if I form a strong opinion in either direction.

Havaianas Men's Brasil Logo Flip Flop,Black,43/44 BR/10-11 M US
Havaianas Men's Brasil Logo Flip Flop,Black,43/44 BR/10-11 M US

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Sandles but apparently not for my feet, February 6, 2013
I bought these flip flops based on aesthetics alone. I'm basing my 4 star review on aesthetics and build quality alone. These are very good looking flip flops and of very good quality. (I bought the Green ones)

I understand that this is totally an individual perspective and the vast majority of peoples feet might fit fine. I just thought I would put in my experience for anybody else who may be similar to me, also trying to buy this sight unseen.
I am not basing my rating of this product on the sizing at all.

When I bought these, I was hoping they would fit correctly, they don't! I usually wear flip flops made by crocs (they're crocs but have the typical flip flop look, not the ugly croc style) and my feet fit perfectly in those. For some reason in these sandals I feel like my toes are too long and feet aren't meaty enough? By that, I mean that I have to much room in between the foot bed and the sandal strap, the width is fine. So, my foot is kind of loose in the flip flop which is kind of awkward. I doubt this helps, but I'm 6'2", medium width foot, european decent, sort of lanky. 185-190lbs.

Page: 1 | 2