Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Benjamin Leftwich Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM
Profile for EDW > Reviews

Browse

EDW's Profile

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

EDW RSS Feed (Morenci, MI)

D-Link Wireless N300 Mbps Extreme-N Gigabit Router (DIR-655)
D-Link Wireless N300 Mbps Extreme-N Gigabit Router (DIR-655)
Price: $54.99
199 used & new from $11.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Great speed, June 13, 2010
een using this router for over 6 weeks now. These are some of the quirks that have happened to me. Worked fine with an older modem but switched to an SB-120. Found out that QOS should be turned on and let the router do it's own speed test. Which by BTW acts like it's not doing anything for a minutes. Then comes back on. I actually ended up set QOS to manual and selecting my current up speed. We turn off router and modem at night. In the auto mode the router runs a speed test each time it is turned on. Got tried of waiting so switch to manual. Up dated the firmware because the Mac keep dropping the wireless. Turns out it is a problem with 10.6.3 update not the router in this case.
Initially set up a simply WEP security and found out that to get N wireless you must use WPA/128 or no security. That does work. Also I have turned off all of D Link's services. I just don't need them. Have done away with security for now also as we live in a rural area where homes are a few. I have not tried the USB port as the new printer is wireless and the SD card can be accessed by both computers which was all I was going to use it for.
I real like this router. After it's initial problem it has performed. At times I have thought that it has screwed up only find it has been another problem. Such as my vendor has had problems or servers very slow. It's been running with out doing anything to it for about 4 weeks. As for speed love it. I have a 6M/512k. It now loads most pages so quick hardly ever see any loading indicators. It is for the most part flash text, flash ads. About that quick. Same speed readings as my old router. Just handles the packets a lot better. Also video clips and streaming very seldom freeze. So yes I think it's a very good router. But maybe it could be a little more setup friendly.
Just one last thing if get into the thru your browser? Do not use the Enter key! It will kick you back out. Point click and be patient.
Eric

Toshiba 500 GB USB 2.0 Portable External Hard Dive HDDR500E04XL (Liquid Blue)
Toshiba 500 GB USB 2.0 Portable External Hard Dive HDDR500E04XL (Liquid Blue)
Offered by RadicalMSA

5.0 out of 5 stars Tis good so far, February 14, 2010
Have the 500 GB (HDDR500E04XL) for about two weeks with no problems although the USB cable would really be better if it was even 6 inches longer. It's being used on a iMac for Time Machine. I didn't even look at the software stored on it. I just let the Mac erase it and format it to what it wanted. It managed to write 51 GB in less than forty minutes. The hourly backups are 100 MB and takes about a minute or two and does not slow other programs down. It's quiet and has not heated up. I am running the Toshiba off of a powered USB hub. I don't if this makes a difference or not. The main reason I decided on external drive is that most everything is either too big or too time consuming to back up on DVD's and CD's. I wanted a USB powered drive because I didn't another cord to plug in. The small slim size also worked out well for the desk arrangement. So far I am very satisfied with this product so far.

Laptop Notebook Cool Pad w/ 3 Fans
Laptop Notebook Cool Pad w/ 3 Fans
Offered by PEACK
Price: $9.24
15 used & new from $9.12

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, March 25, 2009
Basically this works for the way I use my laptop. Fits up to a Vaio 460 w/o covering front vents, but does take some adjusting. Has raise rear feet for a comfortable angle on the keyboard and doesn't slid around. It's fairly quiet to me. Yet it doesn't blow notes off the desk. The USB T'ed into a double ended plug so one can add plug another cable into it. Hasn't been much of a power draw so far. Most of all it does a good job cooling. Lights are okay but could do without. I just want a clear pad. The fan are not covered underneath so you can't put on your lap. Else the fans will hit your clothing. Also would be nice to have an off switch for my needs as it doesn't shut down in the sleep mode. Delivery was prompt and hassle free.
Comment Comments (12) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 27, 2016 4:52 AM PDT