Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM
Profile for Deb > Reviews

Browse

Deb's Profile

Customer Reviews: 5992
Top Reviewer Ranking: 45

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Deb RSS Feed
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Bostitch Office 3 Hole Punch
Bostitch Office 3 Hole Punch
Price: $15.49

5.0 out of 5 stars This personal use 3-hole Bostitch punch is a high-quality one for personal use ..., August 25, 2016
Length:: 0:35 Mins

I do have a heavy-duty Bostitch punch, but most people don’t have to punch 20 pages at a time. I have that particular one because I do a lot of research and when I’m printing a lot of material, I need the capacity. I also figured I could use one that’s simply for a few pages at a time at my desk. The accuracy of the Bostitch punches are well-known, least ways to me. The punch heads are way better than those in junk punches that are much less expensive.

The only inaccuracy is when I don’t insert my paper all the way back. I did that when I first tried out this punch. The Bostitch gives a nice clean punch with no ragged edges. Simply pay attention to the upper limit of this punch and you’ll be good to go. I put around eight sheets it sans any problem. This particular punch has a capacity of twelve sheets, perfect for personal use. If you try to go over that, it’s very easy to create a jam.

This Bostitch is a 3-hole punch, the more common one as most people do use 3-hole notebooks. If you have a specialized 2-hole notebook, simply take a pass. This punch is not adjustable and is the standard centered one. The punch is sent in a locked position and small plastic stays need to be removed before use. Don’t worry, the punch isn’t falling apart if one falls into your hand when you take it out of the box.

This is a no-frills model sans anything like a swivel or hole adjustment. It doesn’t have a lock, but I found it easy to put back in the box for storage in my home supply cabinet. It does have a heavy steel construction, something that adds to the durability.

DIMENSIONS:

Height: 1.7”, 43.18mm

Length: 10.6”, 269.24mm

Width: 2.5”, 63.5mm

The punch has an punch tray that’s easy to remove and empty. It can hold a lot, but unlike an old-fashioned one, it’s not messy ... no little paper circles all over the place. As usual, I’m impressed with anything Bostitch and this 3-hole punch is no exception. The price point is economical and equitable. This particular punch is perfect for individual use, whether at home or in an office. It’s not an industrial or commercial one, but rather one for the person who needs to use one now and then.

Sample provided for review.

Italian Roast K-Cup Coffee 96 Count Variety Pack - Barista Prima Italian Roast, Lavazza Classico, Timothy's Italian Blend, and Faro Italian Blend, Keurig 2.0 K-Cup Sampler for Keurig K Cup Brewers
Price: $94.95
2 used & new from $59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars If you prefer a medium- to dark-roast assortment of Italian-like blends, you won't be disappointed with this bundle ..., August 25, 2016
Length:: 1:08 Mins

This is a perfect bundle for the household that loves a medium- to dark-roast blend of coffees. It was certainly a fun adventure trying them all, some a few times. Of course my favorites tend to be the dark-roast blends, but I still appreciate and enjoy blends with different roast. This is a premium package, an assortment that doesn’t have a dud in the bunch. When I don’t have K-Cups, I haul out my little burr grinder just prior to brewing to get the freshest taste. I have to descale my machine more frequently, but not particularly often when I’m using “regular” K-Cups as opposed to the reusable. The air goes out and the freshness is sealed in during the manufacturing process. I certainly experienced that fresh taste in each and every cup I sampled.

I like the designer-like experience sans the hefty price tag for a single cup of coffee. I don’t need a card, but rather just the machine and the time to savor a cup of coffee. These are premium coffees and the price is certainly equitable (I’ve checked that one out). As I’ve mentioned before, Faro is a coffee to watch out for and one I love, but I must admit I love the Barista Prima Coffeehouse Italian Roast. I’ve tried their French Roast and love that one too. Medium- to dark-roast coffees in this bundle are perfect for my taste. Well, any kind of coffee is right up my alley.

This particular selection of coffees is for the individual who just has to have those rich, bold, medium- to dark-roast coffees. I love putting in that bit of cream and sugar, but these are certainly great black. I’ve sampled each one of them both ways and yum is the word for it. There’s one decaf / caffeinated mix in this bundle and that was Timothy’s Italian Blend. If you have a preference for Italian blends, this just might be a bundle you’d enjoy sampling.

•► COMPATIBILITY:

These K-Cups are compatible with several different Keurig systems including the K10 Mini Plus, K40/45 Elite, K60/K65 Special Edition, K70/K75/K79 Platinum, K200/K250, K300/K350, K400/K450/K450, K500/k550/K560, k140/K145.

•► FARO, Italian Blend:

I’ve tried several different kinds of Faro and love them all. They’re not really new to the market as they are old-fashioned roasters, but are relatively new to me. This is a medium-roast coffee that has a nice smooth taste. I tried it for my first cup of the day and totally enjoyed it. There’s no acidic aftertaste and it’s good either black or with a bit of cream and sugar (organic of course). There is a hint of vanilla and when I added cream, it did come out. I’ve given Faro beans to my son and there were certainly no complaints.

I always like to know the hows and whys of a roaster and earlier this year this is what I spotted on the website: “Today, the Brūlerie offers a wide variety of different coffees to respond to an ever-changing clientele. That is why you will find micro-batch, single-origin and direct-trade coffees, with their distinctive flavors, sold side by side with the great classics of our industry. Also, in order to maximize freshness, taste and aroma, we roast all our exclusive coffees in small-batch ovens and our green coffee beans are always stored at our headquarters in a temperature-controlled environment.”

Roasted and packaged by inCup, St.-Majorique, Quebec.

Expiration Date: 28.02.17; No lot number included.

•► LAVAZZA:

LavAzza is one of the better-known Italian coffees and this is the second time I’ve tried it out. It’s a medium roast coffee that’s perfect to serve up to company who enjoys something like a breakfast blend. This is definitely a middle-of-the-road type of coffee that has “notes of dried fruit,” sans an overly sweet taste. A touch of sweetness onboard is fine for many, especially if they want sweet, but not an artificially sweetened blend. Once again, it has that Keurig freshness, air out, sealed in flavor.

The coffee does have that full-bodied taste I love and ranks a four out of five on the intensity scale. LavAzza is an Italian favorite and I can certainly see why. The taste is great and just as good as if I’d ground the beans myself. I do like to grind my beans just prior to putting the ground in my reusable K-Cups, but I must say I do love the convenience of the K-Cups. Although it’s not listed on the box, the blend is a Rainforest Alliance Certified coffee.

The place of roasting / manufacture is not listed, but I’m assuming it’s Keurig Canada (Montreal).

NOTE: These K-Cups are NOT for Keurig Vue Brewing systems.

Expiration Date: 2016/DE/12; Lot number included.

•► ITALIAN ROAST:
The dark-roast coffees are among my favorites and I’ve been savoring a cup of this bold, Italian dark-roast coffee. Similar to the French Roast, it’s one of my favorites. Of course it is my hands-down favorite in the bundle. Not that the others don’t shine because they certainly do, but we all have our preferences. It can be served up black by the real coffee aficionados, but I do love it with a touch of sugar (organic of course) and some cream. According to the box it’s “Bold and complex, yet perfectly balanced,” something I’d most certainly agree with.

I just had to check out Keurig to see what they had to say about the Italian Roast because I was that intrigued with the flavor. They claim that “This rich, heavy-bodied cup with its ripe fruit and berry notes epitomizes the time-honored Italian tradition of dark-roasted coffeehouse brews. Bold yet ideally balanced, with a subtle hint of smokiness and a sweet, clean finish, our Italian Roast is a hearty and flavorful testament to the art of dark roasting.” I certainly can’t argue with that and I’ll probably purchase this one, along with the French Roast, again.

NOTE: These K-Cups are NOT for Keurig Vue Brewing systems.

Expiration Date: 2017/AL/28; Lot number included.

•► TIMOTHY’S ITALIAN BLEND:

Timothy’s Italian Blend is a nice rich medium-roast coffee that made for an excellent first-up-for-the-day cup. It has a great taste with a touch of sweetness that comes from 100% Arabica beans (66% of the blend). I do know that many people mix their beans, combining regular with decaf. This unusual blend is a mix and is decaffeinated with methylene choloride. This is the perfect coffee for those who are either cutting down on the caffeine or don’t like particularly strong coffees.

It’s supposed to have the taste of “sweet creamy coconut.” Now I didn’t experience that sweet tang of coconut, but could most certainly taste an sweetness when I drank it. Timothy’s Italian blend was so good I had to check out what Keurig had to say about it. They state that Timothy’s has “exceptional specialty-grade coffees are sourced from the top coffee growing regions of the world and then roasted to perfection, highlighting the unique characteristics of the land in which they were grown.” The bean selection was perfect with no acidic aftertaste. I do prefer a stronger roast, but definitely enjoyed this coffee.

NOTE: These K-Cups are NOT for Keurig Vue Brewing systems.

Expiration Date: 2017/AL24; Lot number included..

Sample provided for review.

K-Cup Premium Variety Pack, 96 Count Dark Roast Extra Bold Keurig 2.0 K Cup Coffee Sampler featuring Starbucks Caffe Verona, Faro Italian, Barista Prima French Roast & Lavazza Gran Selezione

5.0 out of 5 stars A premium selection of coffee especially designed with the individual who loves a bold, dark-roast blend ..., August 24, 2016
Length:: 1:05 Mins

I’m a coffee lover on a budget, but this bundle is rich in taste. I totally enjoyed sampling it as I have a preference for a bold, dark-roast coffee. I certainly wasn’t disappointed because this is a dark-roast sampler. I’ve tried bundles with light- to medium-roasts from this company and learned to appreciate them totally, but I’m still in love with the dark. Usually I haul out my small burr grinder to get the freshest taste out of my beans, but the K-Cups seal in the freshness. There’s no fuss, no muss and I certainly don’t have to descale my Keurig on a regular basis. When I use a reusable K-Cup, the grind will often clog up my Keurig. Convenience and great taste is most certainly in this bundle.

I do love a coffee house experience without having to lay out a few dollars for a single cup. This bundle offers up that designer-like taste without the cost. Mind you, there are a couple of premium coffees in here that are a few dollars more expensive than the “regular” K-Cups. There is a Starbucks in the lot, a choice that will please a couple of individuals in my family. I do love Faro, but fell in love with the French Roast.

This particular selection of coffees is for the individual who just has to have those rich, bold, dark-roast coffees. I don’t often get to sample a variety, but was exceptionally pleased with this particular bundle. All of them are right up my alley taste-wise, but as I’ve mentioned a few times, sampling bundles of K-Cups is widening my experience. Each one of these can be served up black, but are bold enough to be tasted even with the addition of a bit of cream and sugar. There are no decafs in this bundle and I certainly didn’t expect any.

•► FARO, Italian Blend:

Roasted and packaged by inCup, St.-Majorique, Quebec.

Expiration Date: 20.03.17; No lot number included.

•► LAVAZZA:

LavAzza is one of the better-known Italian coffees, but I’ve never tried it out. I do love a dark-roast coffee and prefer it. I’ve come to appreciate a wider variety of coffees through “bundles” and this is a perfect Italian blend to have on hand. It is intense and does have light “chocolate” overtones without being overly sweet or flavored. The freshness factor is certainly there in all the Keurig coffees I’ve tried ... air out, flavor sealed in.

The beans are 100% Arabica, a very nice blend that I wouldn’t mind trying again. I usually grind my beans just prior to brewing to ensure freshness, but I certainly can’t quibble with either the taste or freshness of this Keurig LavAzza. I’ve tried some coffees that have been brewed in a pot, but that often leaves something to be desired if not done properly. If I wanted diner coffee, I’d head there. The taste of the LavAzza was every bit as good as if I’d ground the bens myself. Although it’s not listed on the box, the blend is a Rainforest Alliance Certified coffee.

NOTE: These K-Cups are NOT for Keurig Vue Brewing systems.

Expiration Date: 2016/DE/12; Lot number included.

•► FRENCH ROAST:

Mmmmm, was my first reaction to this bold French, dark-roast coffee. This is the type of coffee I love to savor, just a sip at a time to make it last. It really is what I think of when I recall sitting in the lobby of a hotel I stayed in during my time in Paris. A touch of sugar will do it, but I opted to add a bit of cream. Coffee lovers to like it black and strong will love this particular blend. According to the box, the French Roast has “a swee, smoky love tog to the cafés of Paris.” Of all the coffees in this particular bundle, this is probably my favorite.

I just had to check out Keurig to see what they had to say about the French Roast because I was that intrigued with the flavor. “This intensely bold, elegantly-bodied cup provides indisputable proof of our roast masters’ consummate artistry. Highest quality Arabica beans are guided to the very edge of noir - just beyond their second crack - then eased back, masterfully, to reveal their rich, full-flavored complexity. It’s a delicate balancing act that demands beans of the utmost quality; high altitude Arabica capable of withstanding the intense heat demanded by this darker roast.” This is definitely one I’ll purchase again.

NOTE: These K-Cups are NOT for Keurig Vue Brewing systems.

Expiration Date: 2017/AL/29; Lot number included.

•► STARBUCKS CAFFE VERONA:

The Caffè Verona is one of those strong, dark roasts that’s sweet, but very strong. I do love the taste and would offer this particular blend to an espresso lover. It’s certainly got that bold taste that many people are looking for. It’s a dark-roast that bursts with flavor and isn’t shy about letting me know it either. If you want a real wake-up coffee, try this one out for size! Of course it’s caffeinated and certainly gave me a buzz.

The beans are carefully selected from Latin America and Indonesia, a great sourcing for those dark, strong brews. A touch of Italian Roast doesn’t hurt the blend one iota. According to the packaging, “Darker-Roasted coffees feature a fuller body and robust, bold flavors,” something I can’t argue with. Not my favorite in the bundle, but I would purchase it again. This assortment of Italian-like coffees would be a coffee crowd pleaser for sure. This particular blend is a premium one, commanding a few more dollars than most.

NOTE: These K-Cups are NOT for Keurig Vue Brewing systems.

Expiration Date: 2017 JA 30; Lot number included..

Nylabone Dura Chew Alternative Dog Toy Chew, Variety of Shapes
Nylabone Dura Chew Alternative Dog Toy Chew, Variety of Shapes
Offered by ValuePetSupplies
Price: $14.38
3 used & new from $14.38

4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent non-edible chew that Storm likes, but it's not his favorite Nylabone ..., August 23, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Storm makes quick work of Nylabone Healthy Edibles, but this chew is nothing like that as it’s not edible, but rather chewable. This is one of those plastic-like bones that is exactly as described, a DuraChew. This particular Nylabone is for the dog with an “Extreme Chewing Style,” not far off the mark for Storm. If you haven’t introduced any Nylabone product to your dog when he was a pup, you may wish to take a pass. It’s rather an acquired taste if you could describe it as such.

This particular Nylabone is shaped like a rawhide chew, something I refuse to give Storm. He is one of those extreme chewers who can rip apart a rawhide bone and devour it in a minute or two. I’m always worried he’ll run into trouble so steer quite clear of them. And so, it was Nylabone all the way. Storm loves them as does our smaller dog, Liam, who will steal them from him at any opportunity.

This one has a much different shape than Storm’s other Nylabones, which are smaller, but not smallish. He likes this bone, but isn’t wild about it. He’s tossed it around a few times, chewed on it intermittently, and moved along. Storm does enjoy gnawing on Nylabones, but I’m not sure if it’s the shape, but I suspect so. This Nylabone is quite hard, as expected, and will last a long time.

I definitely like the fact that the Nylabone line is a relatively “mess-free chew,” but they can get rather gross looking after a while. I do check them out now and then for damage, but I have yet to discard one. As I mentioned, these aren’t edibles, but chewable and great for the teeth. I think I do favor a slightly flatter bone as he can get to the back of his molars with them. This rawhide-imitation Nylabone will probably end up being a well-loved one, but not Storm’s favorite.

Solid Gold Sun Dancer Holistic Grain Free Dry Dog Food, Chicken, Tapioca & Quinoa, All Life Stages, 4lb (Packaging May Vary)
Price: $16.73
7 used & new from $16.73

5.0 out of 5 stars A very well-rounded, high protein dog food that's great for my younger high activity dog ..., August 19, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
One thing I don’t like in my foods are artificial colors, preservatives, or flavors. I try to do the best by my animals and try to stay away from low quality foods. I’m always willing willing to pay what I can afford in order to steer clear of detrimental ingredients. I do like the ingredients label and see nothing that would send up a red flag in any area. For some reason I don’t care for the stray things like rosemary extract, an odd ingredient I wish they’d leave out. This is a holistic dog food and I expect a high-quality, well thought out recipe.

The protein level is very high, something that's great for my young active dog. What I don’t want is something that will stress the kidneys, something that could be problematic with Liam, my older guy. With the Solid Gold cat food I tried out, the protein was 35%, and rhos one is similar at 30%. Both Storm and Liam really love this particular flavor (they do prefer the bison) and have no complaints. We received a smaller sample and the kibble in the Solid Gold foods are perfect for treat giving.

Ever since the melamine scare I’ve been very careful to select foods that are from larger companies. From outside appearances, Solid Gold looks like a brand I could trust. I did check out their website thoroughly. The food is homegrown and prepared in a USA facility (South Carolina). This is a high-quality, well-rounded do food that I would trust giving to my dogs.

INGREDIENTS:

Chicken, Chicken Meal, Tapioca, Peas, Whitefish Meal, Canola Oil (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Tomato Pomace, Quinoa, Dried Eggs, Potatoes, Sweet Potato, Chia Seed, Natural Flavors, Flaxseed, Potassium Chloride, Salt, Choline Chloride, Dl-Methionine, Salmon Oil (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Taurine, Dried Chicory Root, L-Carnitine, Carrots, Pumpkin, Apples, Cranberries, Blueberries, Broccoli, Parsley, Spearmint, Almond Oil (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Sesame Oil (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Yucca Schidigera Extract, Dried Kelp, Thyme, Lentils, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Zinc Sulfate, Niacin, Ferrous Sulfate, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (Source of Vitamin C), Calcium Pantothenate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Copper Sulfate, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Manganese Sulfate, Zinc Proteinate, Folic Acid, Calcium Iodate, Manganese Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Sodium Selenite, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Rosemary Extract, Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Enterococcus Faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Casei Fermentation Product.

GUARANTEED ANALYSIS:

Marrow: A Love Story
Marrow: A Love Story
by Elizabeth Lesser
Price: $17.50

3.0 out of 5 stars A book for those who need to learn to live more fully in the here and now ..., August 18, 2016
This review is from: Marrow: A Love Story (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
When I finally closed the cover of this book, I found I had taken a journey through a life I never expected to be privy to. No, it wasn't sister Maggie’s life, but rather the inner soul and sanctum of Elizabeth Lesser’s. My ulterior motive was to learn about the fierce love my own sister has for me, the love I suspected the Lesser sisters had for one another. I so wanted to know about Maggie from beginning to end, her life and the life that was taken from her so soon by mantle cell lymphoma. I wanted a glimpse into the spirit behind those beautiful eyes that peered into the camera as she played her fiddle, the ones that darted around as she danced in celebration of life.

Admittedly I was disappointed because a glimpse is all I had of Maggie. I felt I really didn't get to know her and wanted to, yet her strong spirit was evident. There are some diary-like entries written by Maggie that let me know how she felt, yet somehow they felt somewhat reserved. “Suddenly,” Elizabeth explains “it feels daunting to drill deep into my relationship with my sister than to have my bone marrow extracted.” This relationship was somehow alluded to, but not really explored, least ways from Maggie’s point of view.

Perhaps in time I'll return to the pages of this book when I'm ready to take to heart the lessons Lesser has to impart about life, about love. They were deep, powerful, and strong. The ones I felt the strongest about were snippets from Maggie. She wanted those extra thirty years she was robbed of and, most importantly of all, she learned to “live while leaving.” The lessons in this book aren't for those who literally are living while leaving, but for those who need to learn to live more fully in the here and now.

The flow of the book kept me moving, drifting and perhaps wondering like Elizabeth how it would all end. Of course there are no spoilers because I knew before the first page was turned that Maggie didn't make it. Elizabeth would have to learn to dismiss the “notion that [her] thoughts [could] influence [her] sister’s survival.” This is a book of self-discovery and growth, but also a work in progress. I feel Lesser still is on a journey that will be painful and will take many more years to complete.

Bear Naked Cacao Plus Cashew Butter Granola, 11 Ounce
Bear Naked Cacao Plus Cashew Butter Granola, 11 Ounce
9 used & new from $6.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome for snacking or mixing with yogurt ..., August 17, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Admittedly I'm a heavy a heavy snacker, but will often incorporate Bare Naked granola into things like my yogurt. Of course any of the Bare Naked products are totally addictive, so as with anything, I have to not chow down. The Bare Naked Cacao & Cashew satisfies my sweet tooth, but because of the high caloric content, I'll have to opt to put it in that yogurt instead of eating it as a snack.

Yes, it can be eaten as a cereal, but it's kind of a waste and wouldn't last me all that long. I'm treating it as a luxury snack / food additive and love it. Aside from the great taste there are several food-friendly things I like including the fact that it's Non-GMO Project verified, gluten-free, vegan, and the bags are made with eco-friendly Terra-Cycle.

I also like the fact that many of the Bare Naked products can be found in a wide variety of stores. I do prefer shopping on Amazon, but if I can wait to try in out again I can pick it up locally. Of course my preference is to have it delivered right to my door. Can't get much better than that!

INGREDIENTS:

Whole grain oats, semi-sweet chocolate chunks*† (dried cane syrup*, chocolate liquor*, cocoa butter*, soy lecithin*, vanilla extract*, milk), invert cane syrup, rice crisps (rice flour, cane sugar, salt), cashew butter, expeller pressed sunflower oil, cashews, pepitas, whole oat flour, brown rice syrup, dried cane syrup, sea salt, ginger, rosemary extract for freshness.

*Organic †Fair Trade Certified by Fair Trade USA. Fair trade ingredients total 16.5% of product.

NOTE: Contains milk, soy, cashew ingredients. May contain other tree nuts.

Raticator S-Plus Rodent Zapper - Battery Powered Electronic Rat Trap / Mouse Trap Humanely Exterminates Rodents
Price: $44.99
16 used & new from $31.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Victor one, the Raticator zero ... (I take that back ... edited review), August 16, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Edited 8/24: In a most unusual turn of events, I've found the Raticator S-Plus indeed works well. Unfortunately for the red squirrel who has been shredding everything he could in my barn, he met his demise in the Raticator. It was a bit of a mess to clean it out, but I'm upping my three-star rating to a five. If the Raticator can humanely get an critter that large, it certainly can take care of the mice in the fall.

ORIGINAL REVIEW:

I have mice, plenty of them, especially in my outbuildings. Of course it's been an ongoing issue, but I've never had an infestation so I'm good to go with my tried and true methods. My husband adores setting the standard Victor traps and we've had some luck with one other brand. Frankly, I'm not into the whole mess of the thing and thought I'd try out the Raticator.

There's no such thing as a “better mouse trap,” and the Raticator just isn't it. I've tried moving it here and there, especially in areas I know those critters frequent my barn. I put it in an open space along a wall. I lost my bait to what I'm certain was a crafty red squirrel as I've seen him on the ridge of the roof. We don't have rats so I know it's not one of those critters. And then I've set it along a wall I know they travel.

Back to the start and setup. Now batteries are easy to put in and I know I had that right because I got a quick, bright flash when I turned on the Raticator. I read the directions thoroughly and to ensure I was on the right track, I removed the batteries and started again. I was anxious for a catch, but became increasingly disappointed. Not like I'm into killing critters, but field mice can and do carry disease.

I know there are mice in that barn because I disposed of one corpse shortly before the Raticator arrived. I checked that contraption many times, hoping for that light that would tell me I was on the right track in preparation for the fall influx. The mice head for the house when the temps dip, but hang out in the barn in the off-season. Right now I'm going to reserve judgement and not totally diss the Raticator. I'm going to keep moving the Radicator now and if and when it works, I'll be back to update my review. Victor has caught those rascals, but the Raticator is batting zero.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 24, 2016 8:16 AM PDT

Light Roast K-Cup Coffee 96 Count Variety Pack - Starbucks Veranda Blonde, Green Mountain Our Blend, Faro Breakfast Blend & Donut House, Light Roast Keurig 2.0 K-Cup Bundle for K-Cup Brewers, 96 Count
Price: $94.99
2 used & new from $59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A premium selection of flavorful, light-roast coffees ..., August 14, 2016
Length:: 1:07 Mins

I’m certainly a coffee drinker who loves to sample new coffees, regardless of the roast. I do have a preference for a bolder roast, which can range from a medium- to dark-roast, however, I was hooked on the first light roast in this mix and loved it. I’m always up for new experiences and venturing outside my coffee comfort zone has been a fun, interesting one. I’ve been using a burr grinder for some time to get the most out of any coffee I’m using, but the freshness factor in this K-Cups is awesome. The marvelous taste I’m getting from this bundle is great, but I don’t have the mess I’m getting when I use reusable K-Cups. I’m not having to descale frequently because my machine isn’t clogging up readily.

It’s a real treat to have a coffee shop-like experience and the designer-like taste sans the price. I don’t get to treat myself often to Starbucks, but when I do go, I thoroughly enjoy the experience. One of the light roast coffees in this bundle, is a Starbucks and I ended up loving it. Of course as I’ve mentioned before, Faro is the coffee to watch out for. I’ve tried several of their roasts and have been quite impressed with all of them.

This particular selection is for the individual who enjoys / prefers a light roast. Admittedly, I prefer a dark, bold roast, but after sampling each one of these coffees I’m all in. A high-quality coffee makes all the difference. Each one of them is flavorful, with or without adding that cream and sugar. There are no decafs in this particular bundle.

•► FARO:

I’ve tried several Faro blends before and the Breakfast Blend was no disappointment. It has a nice wake-up taste that’s smooth, but not overbearing. It’s perfect for anyone who wants that first cup of coffee to be a decent experience. I’ve tried several Faro blends, but this is a first for a light-roast, a roast that brings out the flavor of the coffee. It’s quite smooth and flavorful with no acidic aftertaste whatsoever. I’ve tried a couple of cups and once again, have to rank the Faro as one of the best of this bundle. If you’re new to this coffee, you’ll be pleasantly surprised. I know I was when I first tried the Nordic (beans).

Roasted and packaged by inCup, St.-Majorique, Quebec.

Expiration Date: 27.01.17; No lot number included.

•► GREEN MOUNTAIN COFFEE, OUR BLEND:

The Green Mountain Coffee, Our Blend, is a light-roast coffee I’ve never had the privilege to sample before. I’ve come across it a few times in coffee carafes in convenience stores, but never selected it. As I’ve always maintained, I have a preference for dark roast, but the experience I’ve had in this particular bundle has opened me up to a new, positive experience. The Our Blend is actually has a robust flavor that is bold, but not overly strong.

The bean selection was perfect for this type of blend and it’s obvious that Green Mountain selected the “finest beans” and “roasted, ground and measured to exacting specifications.” There’s no bitterness or acidic aftertaste with this blend. I’m not sure if I expected it, but the K-Cups are a much better option than when one brews it in a pot. Just saying, but I’ve had Green Mountain that wasn’t up to snuff because someone didn’t brew it properly. Awesome blend in this particular K-Cup, something I’d definitely try again (and again). Although it’s not listed on the box, the blend is a Fair Trade certified Coffee.

Fair Trade Certified.

NOTE: These K-Cups are NOT for Keurig Vue Brewing systems.

Expiration Date: 2017/MR/22; Lot number included.

•► DONUT HOUSE:

I’ve purchased a medium-roast Donut House coffee (not Donut Shop), but never a light-roast one. This particular blend is created from 100% Arabica beans, but is artificially flavored. With what, I’m not sure as I’m not seeing anything on the box. Every blend of I’ve tried in the Green Mountain Coffee House in this collection, or the Donut Shop for that matter, has been marvelously delicious. This is a light-roast coffee, yet has that bold flavor I love. It’s certainly a smooth taste that somehow insists I add that sugar and a dollop of cream.

This is seriously the type of coffee I used to love when I actually went to a donut shop to hang out with friends. No donuts to enjoy today, but if I expected company, I’d probably try to have some on hand. This is yet another premium coffee, but one that is quite affordable as K-Cups go, a dollar less that most. It certainly doesn’t mean it’s of a lower quality because it certainly has a great premium taste. Definitely a good old-fashioned coffee that most people would enjoy, a great one to have on hand.

NOTE: These K-Cups are NOT for Keurig Vue Brewing systems.

Expiration Date: 2017/AL/17; Lot number included.

•► STARBUCKS VERANDA BLEND:

This particular blend, a blonde roast, surprised me with a burst of flavor. There are “nuances of cocoa and lightly toasted nuts,” a brew that I totally enjoyed. It was my first up in the morning coffee and I loved it. It was very flavorful and the selection of beans obviously were chosen with care. It’s definitely a premium coffee and has the price tag to go with it. It’s a few dollars more than most of the 24-pack coffees I’ve tried.

One family member card carrying member of Starbucks, an establishment that’s frequented on a daily basis. When I go, I have a hard time deciding what to select, but the Veranda will certainly be on my list when I go again. According to the packaging, “Starbucks Blonde-roasted coffees have a shorter roast time, lighter body and mellow flavors.” Awesome taste and frankly, well worth the extra few dollars.

NOTE: These K-Cups are NOT for Keurig Vue Brewing systems.

Expiration Date: 2016 DE 25; Lot number included..

Sample provided for review.

Keurig K-Cup Variety Pack, 96 Count Medium Roast Coffee Bundle featuring Starbucks Pike Place, Green Mountain Nantucket, Faro Forte, and Coffee People Donut Shop, Keurig 2.0 K-Cups for K Cup Brewers
Price: $94.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect bundle for the medium-roast coffee lover who craves variety ..., August 13, 2016
Length:: 1:06 Mins

I’m a coffee drinker and certainly enjoy trying an assortment of coffees. What I’m looking at in this particular bundle is an assortment of medium-roast coffees, some bold, while others like the Green Mountain Nantucket blend just a step above the light roast. For the most part, I’ve been grinding my coffee just prior to brewing them in my Keurig. The taste, of course, is marvelous, but when I use reusable K-Cups, the cleanup can be a pain. It’s also problematic because the finer the grind, the more often I have to descale my machine due to clogging. I definitely love the convenience of the K-Cups in this particular selection.

I do love a designer-like taste places like Starbucks offers, sans the price. I’ve checked out the cost of each one of these coffees online, and the package deal is certainly equitable. I certainly have my favorites, but each one in this bundle is one I’d certainly appreciate if I were served up one in someone’s home. I’ve previously sampled three of them and certainly enjoyed the fourth. Faro is one blend that’s to watch out for as they say. This bundle would be one for the coffee lover who needs coffee with a tad more boldness to it. There’s not a decaf in this particular lineup.

•► FARO:

My hands-down favorite has to be the Karo Medium, a medium-roast coffee with a full-bodied flavor with a nice light touch of chocolate from Yirgacheffe and Tanzanian beans. Of course the main bean is Guatemalan. This year I recently became familiar with the brand and fell in love with it. It’s definitely a gourmet blend that even a barista will fall in love with.

Roasted and packaged by inCup, St.-Majorique, Quebec.

Expiration Date: 10.03.17; No lot number included.

•► GREEN MOUNTAIN COFFEE, NANTUCKET BLEND:

The Nantucket Blend is a medium-roast coffee that’s a favorite of a friend of mine, who manages to have this on hand when I visit. Of course it’s one of the types of coffees that garners a large fan base and I was pleased to see it in this bundle. It’s a wonderful blend that’s quite aromatic and most certainly tasty. Although it’s not listed on the box, the blend is a Fair Trade certified Coffee.

As with some of the Faro blends, the Nantucket “brings together four coffees — from three continents — roasted and blended to create a cup of exceptional character” according to Green Mountain. The company is coming out with a recyclable K-Cup, but unfortunately this one isn’t labeled as such neither on the box nor the K-Cup itself. I do like the fact that even the individual K-cups have the expiration and lot numbers impressed on the side. I’ve sampled the Nantucket many times and even though I’m into a more robust coffee, I certainly enjoy it tremendously.

NOTE: These K-Cups are NOT for Keurig Vue Brewing systems.

Expiration Date: 17/May/25; Lot number included.

•► DONUT SHOP:

I’ve purchased Donut Shop coffee on several occasions and if I don’t have Faro, I’ll take this blend. It’s a medium-roast coffee with a seriously bold flavor. It’s great black, but as usual, I’ll add a bit of cream and sugar to enhance the taste every time. It’s a 100% Arabica coffee, a popular one with many people. It’s an intense coffee, perhaps due to the fact that the extra bold demands that a bit more coffee is added to the K-Cup. I have no idea why this coffee was dubbed “Donut Shop,” but I suspect it’s because in the old-fashioned donut shops a bold, flavorful coffee was always on the menu.

Obviously no donut in the box, but I’d recommend having one on hand when trying out this coffee. Although I’ve snagged this coffee on sale or selected a free sample when I’m at the bank, this is not what I’d call a cheap blend. The blend is roasted perfectly, one that certainly doesn’t have an acidic aftertaste. Smooth, flavorful, and most certainly bold. This one, along with the Green Mountain Nantucket is a crowd pleaser.

NOTE: These K-Cups are NOT for Keurig Vue Brewing systems.

Expiration Date: 2017/AL/17; Lot number included.

•► STARBUCKS PIKE PLACE ROAST:

I’ve been to Pike Place Market and, like most coffee lovers, have been to Starbucks many times, but haven’t sampled this particular roast. Like all the others in this particular bundle, it’s a medium-roast coffee. There’s at least one Starbucks fan in my family and after tasting the Pike, I’m sure it will be put aside for company. Of course it has the designer-like taste sans the hefty price tag.

It’s a smooth blend, a perfectly roasted one without an acidic aftertaste. Although I’ve frequently Starbucks, I’m not a diehard fan like that family member, however, I’d add Pike Place Market to my list any day of the week. It does taste great black, but even better with a bit of cream and sugar. This is a coffee that anyone who enjoys a medium-roast coffee will enjoy.

NOTE: These K-Cups are NOT for Keurig Vue Brewing systems.

Expiration Date: 2017 JA 26; Lot number included..

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20