Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Gemini Syndrome Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now STEM
Profile for Dale in Texas > Reviews

Browse

Dale in Texas' Profile

Customer Reviews: 121

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Dale in Texas "txjack" RSS Feed (Central Texas)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
After Earth
After Earth
DVD ~ Glenn Morshower
Price: $5.00
133 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars After Earth, June 4, 2013
This review is from: After Earth (DVD)
Spoiler Free: This was an OK movie that could have been so much more. This is Will Smith playing a no nonsense military officer. There was absolutely NO emotion shown. This was the type of character that if an arm or leg was ripped off and blood was spurting everywhere, he would do nothing more than grimace or grunt a little. A little unreal. Especially for Will Smith. To me, his talent was stifled.

As for Jaden, I felt like he was just an average actor. He doesn't grip like a lead actor, which I believe he was supposed to be. A few years and acting lessons or experience, he may well be a star. I'm not trying to sound critical. I just think he was a bit out of his acting league at this point.

As for M Night Shyamalan, I didn't feel his touch. From my understanding, he came to the picture very late in the game. The production team seemed to be Smith this and Smith that . . . I wonder how much control Shyamalan had. I don't know if this should be labeled as "Shyamalan's baby." Unfortunately, as average as this movie is, I figure he will get the blame rather than the credit. I don't think it's going to stop his directing/writing, etc., but I think he will have to reestablish himself and won't get big money financing easily. I do believe he will have another winner like The Sixth Sense one day. The guy has talent.

Over all, I think this will go down as a bomb, but will be shown in reruns on TBS, TNT, ETC., for years to come.

Community Coffee Single-Serve Cups, Breakfast Blend, 36 count box
Community Coffee Single-Serve Cups, Breakfast Blend, 36 count box

4.0 out of 5 stars Packaging issues, May 15, 2013
I was thrilled to get Community Coffee K cups. The do it yourself add Community Coffee just didn't cut it. It has the great taste I love and have missed.

However, the packaging is definitely not as good as the Green Mountain K Cups. I have 3 K cups that malfunction with every 12 pack of Community Coffee versus no bad ones with Green Mountain. That is a 25% loss. Really unacceptable, but I have continued to buy. I am hopeful they will get this under control or I will have to discontinue this brand.

****Update****
I read a suggestion to press down on the cup to seat it -- then push the top down to secure the cup. Somehow the pressing pressing the cup down all the the way down before closing the lid to start, releases some type of pressure and it seems to work. No duds since. I would give 5 stars for taste but having to baby the product keeps the review at 4.
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 20, 2016 11:54 AM PDT

Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Modern Nostalgia, April 20, 2013
This review is from: Betas Season 1 (Amazon Video)
I thought this was a smart, funny show. These characters of today reminded me of my life and friends in the 70's but using todays language and technology. I've never had a 30 minute show make me feel this way. I would almost bet that anyone who gives this show a chance will feel this way too, meaning you could be the geek from pretty much any decade from the 70's onward and relate.

The story line was enjoyable. The actors had each character down and each was exceptional. I laughed all through the show, but more importantly, I felt each character's pain. Could I relate? Oh, yeah.

I hope this show gets a real shot. I loved it. Warning, it does use the F word a number of times. For demographics, as of today's review, I am 55.

3.0 out of 5 stars With time . . ., April 20, 2013
This review is from: Zombieland Season 1 (Amazon Video)
With time it might be better. I. thought it was ok. The actors were ok. The story line was mediocre. For a comedy ,eh. Unfortunately,I laughed more at the outtakes at the end. Maybe with polish it could be better. I would give it another shot but honestly won't be shocked if it doesn't make the cut.

Night of the Living Dead
Night of the Living Dead
Price: $7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazon Instant Video, January 19, 2013
This is specifically for the Legends Films version. It is colorized. It looks fine on the Fire HD but i don't know about a larger screen. I was surprised because it doesn't say colorized. The movie is the same but has at least one glitch In the film. It was $4.99 so it was worth it.

I will leave the actual movie review to others.

Green Mountain Coffee Mocha Nut Fudge, K-Cup Portion Pack for Keurig Brewers 24-Count
Offered by Deals On Call
Price: $19.49
19 used & new from $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars No bitter aftertaste., November 25, 2012
Years ago, I stopped at a convenience store and had a wonderful chocolate coffee. No one knew the brand or type as it was just a trial. I have tried to find that same flavor but can't seem to locate it.

This Mocha Nut Fudge isn't that rich chocolate flavored coffee but I really like it. The part I like best is that there is no bitter aftertast many chocolate type coffees have. Perhaps it's because it's not a singlular coffee flavor but a nut-fudge blend damping down the chocolate flavor and perhaps that bitterness that can follow.

This just gives a nice mellow light chocolate flavor that has now become one of my favorites. I have now ordered a couple of the larger boxes and have considered setting up auto order.

Green Mountain Coffee Southern Pecan, Light Roast,  K-Cup Portion Pack for Keurig Brewers 24-Count
Green Mountain Coffee Southern Pecan, Light Roast, K-Cup Portion Pack for Keurig Brewers 24-Count
Price: $12.79
18 used & new from $12.79

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it, November 1, 2012
I enjoy flavored coffees. I have tried many Green Mountain Coffees and realize my favorites tend to be light roast. That being said, some have a sweetish taste with a bitter after taste. I enjoyed this Southern Pecan flavor. It has a slight honey flavor that seems to offset any bitterness. I know, to each is his own preference, but I liked this one a lot and will continue to buy. If you are familiar with what's called a Salado Blend and like that, you should like this.

Fear Dot Com
Fear Dot Com
Price: $9.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, October 19, 2012
This review is from: Fear Dot Com (Amazon Video)
There may be folks that will enjoy this movie, but I'm not one of them. I don't mind horror, and in fact enjoy horror. I don't even mind an occasional Jason/Friday the 13th type movie. This is not a slasher movie. It is a flat out torture movie. I like some of the actors in the movie, and it's why I watched as much as I did but I did not watch the entire movie. Too disturbing for me.

Dummy
Dummy
Price: $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Enjoyable, October 6, 2012
This review is from: Dummy (Amazon Video)
I enjoyed this movie. It centers on a group of characters, each trapped in his/her own dysfunctional hell. Because of the nature of the film, there are sad notes at times, but ultimately comes to a satisfactory conclusion. It's hard to classify a genre . . . Quirky, dramedy?

Although there are some fairly well known actors here, I guess because of it's super limited release (5 screens), the movie didn't make much money. It's a shame, because the movie is good and the acting is excellent. Personally, I think Adrien Brody is an excellent actor who slides into and becomes whichever character he is playing (see him in Midnight in Paris). This role is no different, Brody is outstanding.

The film was shot in 2002 the same year as The Pianist, Brody's breakout movie. The Pianist was released in 2002 and Dummy, a year later. Since Brody won an Oscar for The Pianist, I don't understand the lack of exposure this film received. I suppose it's considered a small indie film, and they don't make big bucks.

Ultimately, there are moments in the movie which will make you laugh out loud but also cringe at times, just like real life.

MoKo Case for Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7 2012 - Slim-fit Folio Cover Case for Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7 Inch 2 Gen 2012 Tablet, BLACK (with Automatic Wake/Sleep Function)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, September 19, 2012
This is not my first MoKo cover for my various Kindles. They just get better and better. Excellent quality. As others have said, it does turn on/off the new Fire HD. The best part about this is the different angles that you can put your Fire in. There are 3 angles, and I use each, so far. One makes it easy to use for web browsing, and a couple of slots for better media viewing (like streaming a movie). I honestly wasn't sure if I would like the design from looking at sample pictures of the product. I didn't like the look of the base, but it is great. A wonderful upgrade from the previous Fire cover.

I hate reviewers who talk about their independent seller, but since this product is exclusive to the seller-- BCStore (fulfilled by Amazon) -- I am making a comment to their customer service. Not only is it a great product, but a great company with a true interest in customer service. There was a product modification made and they covered the issue. BCStore contacted me . . . took care of everything. Again, great product, great company.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 22, 2012 1:15 AM PDT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13