Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now STEM
Profile for T Anderson > Reviews

Browse

T Anderson's Profile

Customer Reviews: 922

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

T Anderson RSS Feed (PA USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Kingston Digital 240GB SSDNow UV400 SATA 3 2.5" Solid State Drive with Bundle Kit SUV400S3B7A/240G
Price: $80.99
24 used & new from $72.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Kit, June 15, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Nice bundle with only one flaw when used externally. It came with a USB 2.0 case instead of USB 3. No biggy though. I am using a 3.0 case I had laying around.

I have 2 plans for the drive. Currently I am using this drive to back up virtual machines I am using to proof of concept TFS 2015 upgrades. I am using VMware Player so I don't have snapshot functionality.

I wish Apple would get some RAM in the MacBooks this year. I could be using Fusion which has snapshot capability, but Apple prides itself on being able to use 16GB of RAM for anything imaginable. They just are not considering VMs need memory, so I am using my Alienware.

I back up different copies of the VM as I make changes. It is about 90GB and copies over in a few minutes.

Internal kit works great. I plan on mirroring the last non-SSD hard drive I have in the house to this when I am done using it for the TFS back ups. It will go into a desktop I use to remote into work.

I have used Acronis several times in the past and it works great.

Over all this was a nice kit and I highly recommend it to those he need this equipment.

Space Scooter Junior Ride On, Blue
Space Scooter Junior Ride On, Blue
Price: $99.95
9 used & new from $86.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Tons of Fun!!, June 14, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Our 5 year old grandson loved this thing. A few bumps and scratches as a result of learning how to ride this was well worth it. A helmet is a must.

It takes a little time to get your bearings because of the pumping which is not natural if you have a normal scooter.

This may be hard for kids in the growing stage that are a little clumsy because they are growing so fast.

We had a blast with it. I would not recommend it in a hilly area. Going up hill is pretty tough. We moved from the hilly sidewalk to a big empty parking lot that was nice and flat.

It is well built and made to last. All in all a great toy!!!

InStyler BLU Turbo Ionic Dryer
InStyler BLU Turbo Ionic Dryer
Price: $89.99
2 used & new from $89.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Average, June 11, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is an average hair dryer. Below is what I like and dislike about it.

Dislike-
Ions make no difference for frizzy hair. I have thin frizzy hair and the ion setting does nothing for frizz.

There are two control issues- first they are on the back, so I have to turn it around to make adjustments which blows my hair where I don't want it blown and anything else laying around. Second it turns on with heat control instead of the power control. I adjust the power often, but usually use the same amount of heat.

The plastic it is made of feels very cheap, like if I dropped it, it would shatter.

Likes
It is much lighter and more compact than my other one.
It came with attachments that just fit. Didn't have to buy a separate diffuser!

Sofa Sack - Bean Bags Memory Foam Bean Bag Chair, 4-Feet, Black
Sofa Sack - Bean Bags Memory Foam Bean Bag Chair, 4-Feet, Black
Offered by GT Gifts
Price: $97.09
2 used & new from $97.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Comfortable!!, June 1, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Awesome product!!! The beanbag shows up very compact in a small square You break apart the foam the best you can, and let it sit for 24 hours. BAM... you have yourself a giant bean bag chair.

The only kind I have ever had were the kind covered in pleather- almost more plastic than leather. Although I did not really like those, I wanted a bean bag chair for my office. I like to get out of my chair for a while I am working to change my posture and thought a bean bag chair would be great. This one is covered in a soft felt like material. That was a great surprise!! It makes it a lot more comfortable than the ones I have owned in the past.

My wife and I both love it. It is very comfortable. Maybe too comfortable. We have both gotten sucked into short naps when the intention was to just kick back for a while.

Over-all > AWESOME!!!

Diono Dreamliner Travel Bassinet, Grey
Diono Dreamliner Travel Bassinet, Grey
Price: $69.99
8 used & new from $60.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Light weight, like color, perfect for the beach.., May 23, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Perfect, lightweight, solution for our Maltese on the beach. I don't know how comfortable this would be for a baby without extra padding, we did not add extra padding for our dog. We got it because it is a light color and has plenty of ventilation. We are taking a Maltese to the beach next week and this will be perfect.
Comment Comment | Permalink

The Together Leader: Get Organized for Your Success - and Sanity!
The Together Leader: Get Organized for Your Success - and Sanity!
by Maia Heyck-Merlin
Price: $19.84
46 used & new from $16.58

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not a leadership book., May 20, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Organization on a project in which I am in charge of comes easy. Regretfully since I gave up my consulting wings a few years ago, I am no longer in charge of anything. I work in a world of fires. The hottest one gets the attention of everyone for 8-10 hours a day, and the next day if the one from the day before is still the hottest one, everyone works on it again. Every project from the largest to the smallest is a fire.

It is a place that has been in chaos mode for so long now that they have no one in charge that has ever known anything different. I have not seen a project successfully completed in 5+ years. A lot gets done. No one is lazy. It just is the way it is and I have accepted I will never have an impact there. I don't plan on leaving though, so I need to learn to adapt.

At home my wife picks the projects and says do them. I do them and then I redo them the way she wants them done. She is a natural organizer. I am an engineer in need of a plan, with steps, and logic.

In short what I am saying is that both my home and work life are run by others and I have to adjust to their way of doing things.

I thought this book sounded like it could help me do just that. Regretfully it is the wrong context for what I am dealing with. The author sets out on long term goals that are suited for her audience of school-based, district, and nonprofit leaders. This was all my fault for not looking closer at the book's description. I wish "A Guide for School-Based, District, and Nonprofit Leaders" was a little larger on the cover.

That being said, I spent time going through each chapter of the book and found a lot of good suggestions for organization with topics ranging from organizing email, to building different lists for different priorities, to how to hold meetings and organizing your calendar. Regretfully 20 years as a consultant has resulted in me already doing most of the suggestions.

I think the book is loaded with great tips for those starting off their careers.

I dinged it one star because in my industry Leader takes on a different meaning. The author said she chose the word leader over supervisor and manager because "I just like the word leader best". Management and leadership are absolutely not the same thing. Read "That's not how we do it here!" by John Kotter to learn the difference.

Kleenex Facial Tissue (13216), Flat Tissue Boxes, 60 Boxes / Case, 100 Tissues / Box
Price: $78.09
3 used & new from $78.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome size!!!, May 20, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have never seen this size box before, but I really like it. They are much easier to carry into work and store in the car.

The product is excellent as always, but the box size really scores here!!

That's Not How We Do It Here!: A Story about How Organizations Rise and Fall--and Can Rise Again
by John P. Kotter
Price: $15.00
69 used & new from $8.47

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish I was a Meerkat!, May 17, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I don't think the purpose of this book was to make me wish that I was a meerkat, but the meerkats in this book are open to trying a change in order to survive. I work in environment where the alphas and the betas (the names of the leaders in the book) are absolutely not open to trying anything new that does not come from the top, so yes, I wish I was a member of the tribe of meerkats in the book.

This little story about meerkats and their environment changing in unexpected ways, was the perfect fable to see how organizations can rise and fall, and re-rise. The story is very interesting and really well written. Throughout the entire story I was comparing the meerkat's situations to situations I have been in.

The story does a great job of showing how management and leadership need to be used in the same environment in order to survive these changing times. In bigger companies I've seen managers that call themselves leaders. They simply do not understand that they are not the same thing.

I have also seen leaders that were so far from reality, they never delivered anything. They made a ton of motion but never got anything implemented. Something needs to be delivered eventually, and it should be what the user needs, not what the so called leader thinks the user needs.

This book does an excellent job of showing the dynamics of the environments and how different types of change call for different types of leaders and managers.

If you have read Accelerate, you know this story. What is different about this is how the story is delivered. It also has a much greater chance of being read if you hand it off to a friend. I pretty much could predict what was going to happen next in the story because I read Accelerate, but that did not make it any less enjoyable. To tell you the truth, this was like a fresh of breath air. I read so many business and technical books, that this is the first book I have picked up in a long time that I wish was longer!!!

If you work, you should read this. Period.

Classic Accessories 55-354-031901-WB Sodo Herb Grill Cover For Weber Genesis Gas
Price: $28.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than black., May 16, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Perfect fit. Nice and light. Looks much better than the big black one we had. See pictures.

Over all an excellent cover. It has a drawstring around the base to keep it from blowing off.

The only concern I have which I cannot review until next year is durability. Our old thick Weber cover had several cracks and needed to be replaced. It was 3 years old.

This cover will go through the snow, rain, ice, and blazing heat the black one went through. We use our Weber year round.

I will update this review if something happens sooner than it should like a rip or hole forming. For now, it is 5 stars!!!

Scotts 17511 Seed Tall Fescue Lawns 3.75 LB
Scotts 17511 Seed Tall Fescue Lawns 3.75 LB
Price: $16.42
6 used & new from $16.18

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good! Some fine grass coming up at week number two., May 12, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We have some significant bare spots in our yard and got the Scotts ezseed in hopes of filling them in. I raked the area as instructed to get up any dead grass and leftover fall debris. It was very easy to shake out the Scotts into the bare patches...literally took two minutes. Instructions said to cover the bare spots fulling leaving only a slight amount of ground exposed, so the whole 3.75lbs was used in the area pictured in my first photo. It rained almost everyday since I spread the seed so keeping the area constantly moist as instructed was not a problem. At the two week point, we have some fine grass coming up (see second photo). We feed the birds so we have a lot of them and the mulch which is part of the blend has helped keep them away from the grass seed. At this point, the project is going as expected/hoped.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20