Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now
Profile for Sara > Reviews

Browse

Sara's Profile

Customer Reviews: 84

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Sara "Sara" RSS Feed (WI USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
KidCo - GoPod, Portable Baby Activity Station - Pistachio
KidCo - GoPod, Portable Baby Activity Station - Pistachio
Price: Click here to see our price
54 used & new from $39.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Great concept, but poor (and unsafe) execution., April 20, 2016
This is such a great idea, and executed so poorly. We bought this thinking it would be great for younger brother to hang out in the backyard, on the soccer field sidelines, etc. In reality, it won't work for any of these things because of three flaws:
1.) A baby who can put any weight on their feet at all tips this. Our child is within the weight limit and not walking, but all he has to do is push off from his feet to send this thing flying backwards. Luckily we realized this before he hurt himself by hitting pavement as it tipped. For this reason alone I'm surprised the product hasn't been recalled.
2.) The seat is way, way too low. When kids sit on it the seat is so low they end up in an awkward seated position even when they could be standing. This would be easily resolved by not having the seat fabric too long.
3.) When you put baby in the seat the outside doesn't stay taut, it sinks in with the baby. Therefore all of baby's toys sink into the seat with them, making them hard to reach. The only plus to this is that if you put puffs in the circular food/drink spot they can easily see them since they are tipped sideways. But for playing? It stinks.

I wanted to love this, I wanted it to fill a huge need in our lives, and it just doesn't.

Edit: We used this maybe five times, perhaps 30 minutes total. In that time the fabric is ripping at all four corners and one of the connections to the foot pad at the bottom ripped as well. This is the worst baby product I have ever bought.

Medela Pump and Save Breast Milk Bags, 50 Count
Medela Pump and Save Breast Milk Bags, 50 Count
Price: $14.29
62 used & new from $9.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst Milk Storage Bags on the Market, November 16, 2015
Do not buy these bags. I'm a lover of all things Medela. Their freestyle pump, bottles, steam cleaning bags, even the overpriced cleaning wipes. These bags are such a failure. Shall we count the ways?
1.) The seals on the bags are next to impossible to get to seal, which can lead to spilled milk as you freeze or thaw.
2.) The bags are too small to actually hold 5 oz of milk. When you go to seal these impossible bags you will spill milk out the top if the bag is full. The bags are also too rigid to squeeze any air out of before sealing.
3.) These bags do not freeze well flat, which means the tiniest breast milk bag you ever did see takes up more space than any other bag on the market. Who wants to have milk take even more freezer space?
4.) Impossible to pour back out into a bottle as designed. The hole in the top, small bag, and rigidity mean you'll be leaking milk onto your counters trying to pour into a bottle. I suggest cutting the top off below the ziplock seal before attempting to pour. Of course that only works if you didn't fill the bag.

Avoid these. Buy Up and Up bags or Lanisoh bags. If you want to pump directly into bags get the Kiinde Twist system. Whatever you do, save yourself precious minutes of your day and ounces of milk lost and avoid these.

KEEN Seacamp II CNX Sandal (Toddler/Little Kid/Big Kid),Gargoyle/Raven,3 M US Little Kid
Price: Click here to see our price

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Summer Shoe, May 4, 2015
These are very lightweight, hold up to childhood outdoor play for multiple years, and are generally just a great summer shoe. They can be a little bit difficult for the child to put on, as the ankle area is narrow.

Hoka One One Women's W Clifton Plum/Fushia/White Running Shoe 7.5 Women US
Hoka One One Women's W Clifton Plum/Fushia/White Running Shoe 7.5 Women US

5.0 out of 5 stars The Hoka Clifton Made Me Abandon Minimalism! (It's that good!), August 14, 2014
I recently tried to Hoka Cliftons in my quest for the "perfect" running shoe. I've been running for several years, and I've made my way through Stability New Balances, Nike Equalons, Saucony Cortanas, Brooks PureCadence, Saucony Mirages, and Saucony Kinvaras. I was convinced my answer was to go to a minimalist shoe and improve my running form. While transitioning to a more minimalist shoe certainly made me focus a bit on the way I was running, my knees, shins, back, and calves were not happy. Enter the Hoka Clifton.

My first run in these was an up-tempo 4 miler on a mix of surfaces, mainly road. From the moment I tried on the Cliftons I was impressed. They felt GOOD, even in the short jog around the store. I was amazed at the tongue of this shoe, which is super thin, but stays perfectly in place. No more shoe tongues bothering the top I of my foot! Equally impressive was how light these shoes were: for as much shoe as this is, I can't believe it is so light. It made the Saucony Mirages I walked in with feel like bricks. I will say that these shoes run large, I sized down a half size from my normal size and still had to lace down the forefoot tightly to feel secure.

Throughout the run they continued to impress, making my tired legs feel like they were going for a slow recovery jog rather than a faster run. Don't let the cushion fool you, either: these shoes felt incredibly responsive. Even when I got tired, I didn't feel as though I had to put in a ton of effort to maintain my pace. The lightweight feel of the shoe, combined with the rocking features and cushions never made me feel like I was dragging a shoe along for the ride.
The Hoka Clifton excels on pavement and sidewalks. The trail and grass I ran on left me feeling a bit wobbly and trying to gain traction, but over the course of the run I got used to this as well. If I was doing an entirely trail run I might consider a different shoe.
Bottom line? I'm a believer. Forget about your qualms about how this shoe might look (it's actually quite nice and resembles a "regular" shoe), or your second guesses about going against the grain of the minimalist movement. These shoes are worth it. They've taken my tired, aching feet (plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendinitis, you name it, I've fought it) and given me a reprieve from the aches and pains. I can't wait to put dozens more miles on this shoe.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 17, 2014 7:46 PM PDT

Some Nights (Explicit)
Some Nights (Explicit)
Price: $9.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Listen Beyond the Hits!, July 17, 2013
This review is from: Some Nights (Explicit) (MP3 Music)
Yes, Fun. is on the rise because of Some Nights, Carry On, and We are Young. Yes, I love those songs too, and could listen to them on repeat. But don't do that -- instead listen to the whole album on repeat.

The lyrics in this album are thought-provoking, the production and varied techniques used in the songs is interesting to listen to, and overall, the whole album flows into a piece that is rightfully award winning. I cannot wait to see what they do with their next album. Nate Ruess' vocals and lyrics are spot on, Jack Antonoff and Andrew Dost show their instrumental skill throughout the album.

For those of you who are runners, once you become hooked on this album it is THE perfect album to run with. It has a great tempo for your long runs.

Jack and Jill and Big Dog Bill: A Phonics Reader (Step Into Reading)
Jack and Jill and Big Dog Bill: A Phonics Reader (Step Into Reading)
by Martha Weston
Price: $3.99
171 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Early Reader, December 5, 2012
I cannot say enough about Jack and Jill and Big Dog Bill. While my son is interested in being read to, he hasn't yet developed enough confidence to attempt words on his own. Jack and Jill and Big Dog Bill has allowed him to begin to attempt reading on his own, due to the rhyming words and repetitive phrases/story line present. While the story line is cute, with some funny parts to keep children interested, that's not the main reason for loving this book. This book is the first "early reader" we've tried that is truly appropriate for someone starting out reading. I'd highly recommend it.

LeapFrog TAG Reading System, compatible with the older style, Green
LeapFrog TAG Reading System, compatible with the older style, Green
14 used & new from $30.42

5.0 out of 5 stars As more titles released, the TAG reader gets better!, December 5, 2012
Had I written this review a year ago, I wouldn't have given this product five stars. My son was not that interested in it, the books that were available, with few exceptions, weren't the kind of book you spend a lot of time with.

Within the past year or so, LeapFrog has made a committment to expanding the line of products available for the TAG reader to include more interactive products like a US or world map, a set of books to teach about writing and drawing, a "get ready for Kindergarten" book, a solar system set, and a human body set, among others. These products are more interactive than the past books available, and provide a better learning experience for children. My son is more interested in the newer products than he ever was before.

In short, if you plan to buy the TAG reader, my advice would be as follows:
1.) Avoid most of the character books unless they specifically say they are interactive puzzle books. These books were the shortest in our experience, and the least engaging, not really utilizing the TAG reader to it's potential.
2.) Look for the newer interactive products to work with your TAG reader, as mentioned above.
3.) From the original books, the Dr. Seuss books as well as the iSPY book are good choices.
4.) Plan on parental involvement for this product. Kids can play this independently, but the most value is when you utilize the product together.

Eureka Enviro Hard-Surface Floor Steamer, 313A
Eureka Enviro Hard-Surface Floor Steamer, 313A

3.0 out of 5 stars Great when it works, but it won't last., November 28, 2012
I purchased this mop based on the very much appreciated review of several mops that a neighborhood put together. The review made it seem like the Enviro steamer was the clear choice. I agree with that review, but only to the point where your mop breaks.

Our home has all hardwood/tile flooring, and I was looking for a way to easily clean it without chemicals that would damage the wood flooring. This steam mop fit the bill, and for the first several months of use I was happy with it. The mop cleaned well, and was easy to use.

One day the mop stopped pushing steam out of the holes on the bottom of the mop. I tried cleaning it out and it still would not work, as though an internal piece was broken. I contacted Eureka, and their "warranty" was worthless, as I would have to pay to ship the mop back, and they might repair it, or find a retailer that would agree to repair it (of which there are none in my area). It just wasn't worth it.

I'm now on the hunt for a better mop, and thinking I will go with a Haan. I'd love one that combined sweeping/vacuuming and mopping, though. With the Eureka steamer there are definitely multiple steps to keeping hard flooring clean.

Nintendo DS Lite Protector - Super Mario Version
Nintendo DS Lite Protector - Super Mario Version
Offered by lakeplacegames
5 used & new from $24.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for a few drops!, November 28, 2012
This has saved our DS more than once from being dropped. The cover is clear except for the Mario logo, which is nice. The cover is easy to install and stays in place during use.

The cover is plastic, however, and eventually where the two pieces of cover meet (at the hinge) cracked and the top does not stay on the DS anymore. This was a great cover, but we ended up having to purchase another one much sooner than we had imagined.

pediped Flex Jimmy Sneaker (Toddler/Little Kid),Navy/Light Brown,29 EU (12-12.5 M US Little Kid)

3.0 out of 5 stars Love Pedipeds, but these are not for daily use., November 28, 2012
We love, love, love Pedipeds. I am shocked I have found one to not give a five-star review to. The Jimmy Sneaker, however, is just not up for a rough-and-tumble boy's play.
In particular, if your child has a tendancy to scuff the fronts of shoes at all, the leather on the Jimmy sneaker is not durable enough to stand the test of time. We had the leather rub off of ours quite quickly. Pediped did offer to send some Coconut oil for the leather to condition that, and I appreciate that.
The shoes are adorable, but if you want them to stay nice, they really are not appropriate for daily use. We loved the appearance of these, but wish the front of the leather had stood up to the test of time.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9