Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports
Profile for Stephen Gardner > Reviews

Browse

Stephen Gardner's Profile

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Stephen Gardner RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
LAMPAT Dimmable LED Desk Lamp, 4 Lighting Modes (Reading/Studying/Relaxation/Bedtime), 5-Level Dimmer, Touch-Sensitive Control Panel, 1-Hour Auto Timer, 5V/1A USB Charging Port, Piano Black
Offered by Angella's Lamp
Price: $139.99
18 used & new from $32.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth buying--cheap both ways, in price and in quality, June 1, 2016
I bought this for my office desk. As soon as I assembled it, I knew I was going to return it, because it's made of cheap plastic and doesn't seem to be a long-life item.

This brief look cost me eight bucks, because I have to pay to ship it back to Amazon.

The website isn't truly misleading, but it is truly a flimsy piece.

It's also inexpensive, as well as cheap, so this might work for you.

It didn't for me.

Amazon Echo
Amazon Echo
Price: $179.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Alexa is awesome, June 19, 2015
This review is from: Amazon Echo (Electronics)
I've been using the Echo since early February, and Amazon just keeps making it better! I was impressed with it right out of the box, but now it's far more than just a radio and music player. I use it for weather, to control my WeMo and Hue products, and enjoy the link with IFTTT.

A lot's been said about how Alexa is better than Siri. For what the Echo does, it's true that Alexa is usually better at it than Siri, but then I can't put the Echo in my pocket and drive across the country.

Amazon has wisely chosen to limit the functions that Echo can be asked to do, and then set about implementing them excellently.

In other words, it augments the benefits of Siri (and whatever Android's droid is called), but is not the same thing.

Comparing the two is like comparing apples to artichokes--they are both great foods but entirely different eating experiences.

In other words, even if you have Siri or some other voice assistant, get the Echo and you'll never regret doing so!

(If Amazon could persuade Apple to make an Echo app for my Apple Watch, I'd be in hog heaven.)

Vivere Double Hammock with Space-Saving Steel Stand, Tropical
Vivere Double Hammock with Space-Saving Steel Stand, Tropical
Price: Click here to see our price
41 used & new from $65.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent hammock, easy to assemble, easy to use, May 22, 2015
This is the second one of these hammocks I bought, to replace one I gave away when I moved. It is high quality, but two things in particular are worth mentioning:

1. It's very easy to assemble, taking perhaps five minutes, using very clear instructions.
2. The manufacturer includes spare end caps for the pieces--four total, two for the base and two for the yoke at the top of the stand.

SanDisk Connect 64GB Wireless Media Drive For Smartphones And Tablets - SDWS1-064G-A57
Price: $93.26
27 used & new from $78.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Good product, but terrible customer service if it breaks! Buy another brand., February 20, 2014
I got this Drive in late July 2013, and enjoyed using it on several trips, until it failed in December. (The ejection mechanism for the SD card stopped ejecting.) I contacted SanDisk about returning it, and experienced a bureaucratic maze of delay that rivals anything Orwell had envisioned.

In my experience (and I buy WAY too many gadgets), when something breaks, the company immediately replaces it, often shipping the replacement before it receives the defective product.

Not so with SanDisk, which required a lot of paperwork and multiple steps that built in delay at every point. First, it took several days to issue the RMA. Then, I had to take it to a UPS office to send it back. Then SanDisk just let it sit for several days before examining it. Then, days more before it acknowledged that the obviously defective product was in fact defective.

Now, yesterday, I get an email saying that "unfortunately, due to a higher demand than previously anticipated, the availability of some products is currently impacted. SanDisk will provide replacement product as soon as it becomes available. However, we are making every effort to ship your replacement sooner to prevent further delays."

It's been at least 16 days since SanDisk got the drive, and Amazon certainly has plenty on hand. But not, apparently, San Disk itself.

I've never posted anything but a few glowing reviews for products bought from Amazon, but this situation is ridiculous, and anyone who wants something that will last for a more than few uses should look elsewhere.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 5, 2014 6:21 PM PST

Synergy Digital 187559_bf_SDC-22 Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-RX100 Digital Camera Case Medium to Large Point and Shoot (Black/Grey)
Offered by East Coast Photo
Price: $7.95
3 used & new from $7.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice case, with a handy inside pocket for a battery, December 22, 2012
I agree with the other positive things folks have said. I'm just commenting in order to address a couple of complaints made about the inside pocket.

That pocket is for an extra battery, something I wish I had when I discovered that I had a dead battery at my daughter's college graduation!

So, it's a real ply. And the case zips up just fine with a battery in that pocket.

BM Premium 2-Pack of NP-BX1 NP-BX1/M8 Batteries & Charger for Sony CyberShot DSC-HX80, HDR-AS50, DSC-RX1, DSC-RX1R, DSC-RX1R II, DSC-RX100, DSC-RX100M II, DSC-RX100 III, DSC-RX100 IV, DSC-H300, DSC-H400, DSC-HX300, DSC-HX50V, DSC-HX60V, DSC-HX80V, DSC-HX90V, DSC-WX300, DSC-WX350, HDR-AS10, HDR-AS15, HDR-AS30V, HDR-AS100V, HDR-AS100VR, HDR-AS200V, HDR-AS200VR, HDR-CX240, HDR-CX405, HDR-CX440, HDR-PJ275, HDR-PJ440, HDR-MV1, FDR-X1000V, FDR-X1000VR Digital Camera
Offered by Big Mike's Electronics
Price: $16.99
4 used & new from $12.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item and GREATER service!, December 22, 2012
I ordered this charger and batteries on a Sunday. It arrived in five days, already excellent shipping time.

But what was really outstanding was that when I opened the package, Big Mike had included (for free) a lens cloth and a set of Zeikos screen guard sheets!

The charger worked well, charging the included batteries quite quickly. (Of course, the proof of that pudding will be in the shooting).

So, product is good, but the service is beyond excellent.

I've never dealt with Big Mike before, but I'd do so again, in a heartbeat.

elago Smudge Free Film (Anti-Finger Print) Set for iPhone 4/4S + Microfiber Cleaner
Offered by elago design
Price: $3.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Decent protection, but poor adhesion, August 28, 2010
This film was easy to put on, without the bubbles that often occur. However, it proved to have poor adhesion--when I put a bumper on, it bubbled up at the edges, to the degree that when I put the phone in my pocket, the edge of the film caught on my pocket and peeled off. It was too damaged to reapply.

It's cheap, but you are better off getting Powersupport films (such as Powersupport HD Anti-Glare Films for iPhone 4G 60-102120101). I've used Powersupport films on prior iPhones and they are great--durable and easy to apply. The one for the iPhone 4 costs twice as much, but then, it'll stay on. The only reason I bought the Elago film was that the Powersupport film was not yet available.

Canon WP-DC23 Waterproof Case for Canon Powershot SD770IS Digital Cameras
Canon WP-DC23 Waterproof Case for Canon Powershot SD770IS Digital Cameras
5 used & new from $125.00

1.0 out of 5 stars A leaky housing and poor customer service, January 26, 2010
The second time I used this housing, it leaked and ruined the camera. And I was just snorkeling, so it never got deeper than a few feet. A poor attribute for a waterproof housing.

When it leaked, it ruined the camera, and that led to a poor experience with Canon's customer service.

It took Canon two weeks to send me a replacement, and that shipment was lost by FedEx. However, when I contacted Canon to ask them to ship me another housing (and camera), they refused. They said that the problem was now between me and FedEx. I advised that I didn't have a relationship to FedEx, but that they did. My relationship was to Canon, and I asked that Canon give me replacements while it was waiting to be paid by FedEx for the lost package. Three CSRs separately refused, and said that they can't fix a problem like this quickly.

I told them that if I told Amazon that I'd not gotten a product from Amazon, it would ship a replacement immediately. They said they don't do things that way.

So, be forewarned that if you have problems with this housing (or with any other Canon product), you may encounter slow response and poor customer service.

Next time, I won't buy Canon.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 2, 2010 8:38 PM PDT

Canon PowerShot SD770IS 10MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom (Black)
Offered by pc dynamis
12 used & new from $23.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible customer service, January 26, 2010
This is an excellent camera. The Canon waterproof housing I bought was less than that--the second time I used it, it leaked and ruined the camera.

But my comment here is on Canon's customer service. It took Canon two weeks to send me a replacement camera, and that shipment was lost by FedEx. However, when I contacted Canon to ask them to ship me another camera, they refused. They said that the problem was now between me and FedEx. I advised that I didn't have a relationship to FedEx, but that they did. My relationship was to Canon, and I asked that Canon give me another camera while it was waiting to be paid by FedEx for the lost camera. Three CSRs separately refused, and said that they can't fix a problem like this quickly.

So, be forewarned that if you have problems with this camera, you may encounter slow response and poor customer service.

Next time, I won't buy Canon.

Krypton Screen Armor Anti-Glare 2-Pack for iPhone 3G/3GS
Krypton Screen Armor Anti-Glare 2-Pack for iPhone 3G/3GS

1.0 out of 5 stars A bad product, and there are better ones, June 28, 2009
I bought this screen protector instead of the one made by Power Support, because there were such good reviews here.

My experience was quite the opposite.

I've used protective screens on several PDAs, and three iPhones--the Krypton one would not apply properly, collecting dust on itself. I spent 10 minutes trying to make both films work, without success. I then used a spare film from Power Support--fast and perfect.

Thank goodness Amazon has a good refund policy--I'm returning this for refund, and will order new ones from Power Support.

Page: 1 | 2