Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now
Profile for A Customer > Reviews

Browse

A Customer's Profile

Customer Reviews: 74

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

A Customer RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
FORLIFE Brew-in-Mug Extra-Fine Tea Infuser with Lid
FORLIFE Brew-in-Mug Extra-Fine Tea Infuser with Lid
Price: $18.36
10 used & new from $13.09

4.0 out of 5 stars My Comparison of FORLIFE Tea Infuser and Finum Brewing Basket, February 13, 2015
After reading all the positive reviews for both items I was very confused as to which to purchase. So, I purchased both brands. No doubt, the FORLIFE is well-made and should last a very long time. However, it has a design flaw which I find interferes with the brewing process. The FORLIFE has a ledge inside the basket, at the top, This ledge is where the silicone cover fits into the brewing basket. However, my experience is that my tea leaves collect on that ledge and does not meet the water. That means less of the tea is actually brewing. The masking is very small and, as stated in many reviews, only the teeniest amount of tea leaf gets through. If you are okay with all your tea not having contact with the water, than this is an excellent brewer and very well made. On the other hand, I measure my tea exactly and anticipate all the tea will be brewed and feel this infuser does not work for me. Additionally, I did not feel the silicone cover kept the tea warmer during the brewing process. On the plus side, this infuser fits in every cup I own. I have really big cups from Starbucks, with wide tops. No problem. This infuser is great for its fit.

I also purchased both sizes of the FINUM BREWING BASKET. It is German made and does have plastic. As stated in many reviews, the company claims this plastic is BPA-free. I much prefer this infuser. The mesh is finer than the masking on the FORLIFE infuser. I have never, ever, had the tiniest bit of leaf in my tea. This basket is easier to clean than the FORLIFE. If you allow the basket to dry, a gentle tap of the infuser releases all the crumbs. Even after the leaves were dry, the FORLIFE basket needed to be wiped with a paper towel to remove all the tea leaves.

The FINUM comes in 2 sizes. I bought both. If I only had to buy 1, the Medium would have met my needs. However, the Large does fit the circumference of my large cups better. But, the Medium can be placed off-center and does sit on all my cups securely.

This is the measure comparison: FORLIFE: 3" Height, 4 1/2" Width w lid. FINUM Medium: 2 3/4" Height, 3 3/4" Width with ears. FINUM Large: 3 5/8" Height, 4" Width

simplehuman Semi-Round Step Trash Can, Black Plastic, 50 L / 13 Gal
simplehuman Semi-Round Step Trash Can, Black Plastic, 50 L / 13 Gal
Price: $49.98
27 used & new from $49.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Uses Costco's Drawstring Trash Bags, July 2, 2014
This can uses Costco's Kirkland Drawstring 13 gallon kitchen bags with smart fit. The bags hug the top and never, ever slip.The bags cost about $10 for 200 bags. One box lasts a year in my house. I was hesitant about buying the SimpleHuman 50L Semi Round Step Trash Can because I did not want to buy their trash bags. I am so glad I bought this can. The can is stable. The step bar easily opens the top. The top glides to a gentle close or can stand straight open. I have the mocha color. It's a rich, beautiful brown. It is very easy to clean. I cannot believe I actually love a trash can. I am so glad I purchased this can and highly recommend it.

GUM Tongue Cleaner,colors may vary
GUM Tongue Cleaner,colors may vary
Offered by Pharmapacks
Price: $4.13
13 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Makes My Tongue Sore, September 19, 2013
I have tried several brands of tongue scrapers. This product, the GUM Tongue Cleaner, is uncomfortable to use. The brush is no more effective than a toothbrush and the scraper is way too harsh on my tongue. Even using a light touch, my tongue bleeds almost every time I use this scraper. Care of the tongue is supposed to be gentle. Because constant irritation can lead to infection or even disease, I am concerned about a product which causes irritation and bleeding with regular use. I also have 1 Pack Orabrush Tongue Cleaner Scraper. The Orabrush has a nice brush but does not scrape well. I also have DenTek Tongue Cleaner - 1 Ea Sku Hd 1752484. I use it with the Orabrush. I've tried Dentek Dentek Comfort Clean Tongue Cleaner, 1 each (Pack of 3) and it choked me. The only positive thing I have to say about the GUM Tongue Cleaner is that is has a narrow profile and does not cause gagging. I am going to continue to use the Orabrush Tongue Cleaner and Den Tek Tongue Cleaner until something better comes along.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 21, 2013 5:29 PM PDT

iSi Basics Silicone Wide Spatula, White
iSi Basics Silicone Wide Spatula, White
Price: $8.89
8 used & new from $8.89

3.0 out of 5 stars Bulky & Awkward, September 1, 2013
I love iSi products. Their iSi North America B10002 Silicone Scraper Spatula, White is a must-have for scrapping every drop of batter out of the mixing bowl. Their iSi Basics Silicone Slim Spatula, White is fantastic for getting that last bit of mayo from the jar and spreading it on your bread. I love these products so much I just had to add the iSi Wide Silicone Spatula to my tool collection. I had high expectations for this product but was quickly disappointed in my purchase. I find this spatula to be bulky and top heavy to use. It has a rubbery-feel and lacks the sleek-feel my Le Creuset Silicone Medium Spatula, White has. Additionally, it really doesn't scrape every last bit of food as well as the other iSi spatulas I have previously mentioned nor does it scrape as well as the Le Creuset spatual. I used the iSi Wide Silicone Spatual to make oatmeal this morning. There was a thin layer of oatmeal remaining in the pan which I could not remove. This has never happened before with my other spatulas. I also used the iSi Wide Silicone Spatula to scrape the remnants from a can and got a big gouge in the silicone head. This never happened with my Le Creuset or Rubbermaid spatulas.The things I like about the iSi Silicone Wide Spatula is that the handle is not wood and can be placed in the dishwasher and that it is heat resistant to 600 degrees. Le Creuset is heat resistant to 800 degrees.

When I like a product I usually buy at least two of the products because I do a lot of cooking and baking and commonly use several spatulas while making a recipe. I won't be buying another of this style spatula from iSi.

11/19/13 UPDATE: Despite not loving this spatula, it has become my go-to spatula. I use it all day instead of my other spatulas. The main reason I use it is because it does the job, although not as well as my other silicone, and it cleans super-easily. My other spatulas have wooden handles which need to be washed by hand or removed before placing in the dishwasher. I still think the spatula is bulky and awkward but I have gotten accustomed to it. I still do not like the rubbery feel. Food does not just side off as it does with my other silicone because it is not sleek. I use this spatula for cooking scrambled eggs and mixing ingredients in the pan. On the stove, heat has not had any effect on the spatula. I use it for folding flour into batter and getting the last drop of egg into the mixing bowl. All-in-all, I do not regret my purchase. I have two of the slimmer version of this spatula. I know I initially said I would not buy another of the wide spatulas but I'm not so sure I can say that anymore.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 13, 2014 7:04 AM PDT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Stopped My Leg Cramps!, August 27, 2013
Before trying this product I was not able to lay in bed without my leg spontaneously jumping. It felt like mild contractions every 30 seconds. My leg would visibly jump. It was not painful but it was extremely annoying. I would dread laying in bed. I did some research and learned Magnesium Citrate can be beneficial for leg cramps. The Linus Paul Institute at Oregon cites an experiment where low Magnesium levels were induced. Without getting too technical, one of the observations from that experiment showed low magnesium levels also lowered calcium levels, which resulted in low levels of other chemicals, possibly resulting in muscular symptoms such as tremor and muscle spasms. This is the website if you want to read about magnesium: [...]

I noticed a decrease in my leg cramps the first week of taking Solgar Magnesium Citrate.

This company enjoys a well-respected reputation. Solgar was recommended to me by the owner of my neighborhood's health food store. Amazon's prices are much better than the stores in my neighborhood.

I have been taking Solgar Magnesium Citrate for a year now. My jumping leg/muscle contractions have all but stopped. On a rare occasion I might feel a tightening in my leg but it does not proceed to leg cramps and quickly and completely stops. These supplements are taken twice a day. I take one pill with breakfast and one with dinner. I take them along with my calcium supplements, which I also take twice a day.

In my closet I have back-up bottles of Solgar Magnesium Citrate because I would not want to be without this supplement. They have literally saved me from a having a miserable experience every night.

Sea of Love
Sea of Love
DVD
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Story That Keeps You Guessing, August 22, 2013
This review is from: Sea of Love (Amazon Video)
I've seen this movie 20 times, at least, and it still keeps me on the edge of my seat. Al Pacino is in top-form as a cop with issues. John Goodman, also a detective, adds a breath of fresh air. Together they team-up as they investigate a string of murders. Ellen Barkin owns her roll as the prime suspect. The story is realistic and engrossing. This DVD is a 'Collector's Edition". Included is a feature commentary with the director, Harold Becker. Other special features are: the creation of Sea Of Love, deleted scenes and the theatrical trailer. The movie is 1 hour 53 minutes long. Captions are available in English. Optional languages are French and Spanish with subtitles. The movie is not in HD but it is crisp and clear. I had this movie in video tape format and hadn't seen it for a few years, I came across the DVD on Amazon and had to add it to my library.

Cricket Friction Free Brush Ff03 Round
Cricket Friction Free Brush Ff03 Round
Offered by Beauty-Cloud
Price: $7.45
6 used & new from $6.84

3.0 out of 5 stars Bristles Too Soft, August 17, 2013
I originally bought this brush 4 years ago. I really liked this brush because the barrel is the perfect width, 1 1/2 inches, for blowing my bangs and the bristles were strong enough to get through the gel and other hair products smoothly. However, this new brush did not live up to the older brush. The bristles are too soft. It brushes my bangs with no problem but cannot get through sticky gel. I don't know if it is only my brush that has an issue with the bristles or if the product has been changed. Because it is a brush, returns were not accepted.

Lodge K11BRSH Cast Iron Scrubber Brush
Lodge K11BRSH Cast Iron Scrubber Brush

4.0 out of 5 stars Gets the Job Done Without Removing Seasoning, August 16, 2013
I just purchased this brush to replace the first Lodge Cast Iron Scrubber Brush I bought in 2010. I wouldn't have had to replace the first brush if my husband didn't remove the brush's handle to use for scrubbing potatoes. I've been using this brush for 3 years without any problem at all. Sure the bristles were a little flatter but the handle was secure and it cleaned my cast iron skillets and grill pan. Because it is made by Lodge, I feel secure the pre-seasoned pans will not be damaged. I bought another cast iron cleaner-a scrub sponge made of metal rings. After one use I saw damage to the seasoning. I checked with the instructions Lodge provides for use and care of their skillets. The instructions state that metal scouring pads are not recommended. I returned the metal scrubber and immediately ordered the Lodge Cast Iron Scrubber Brush. I'm happy with my purchase and would recommend it without reservation.

Jockey Women's Long Underwear Brushed Waffle Crew
Jockey Women's Long Underwear Brushed Waffle Crew

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm and Cozy, August 14, 2013
I should preface this to say I have been living in thermal tops for years. I wear them all year long. I wear them as tops with jeans and as pajama tops. I like my comfort. This style is new to me. I have other Jockey thermals, some many years old. The Jockey Brushed Waffle Crew is a nice weight-not heavy, but not too thin ether, as some of another brand's thermals I have bought and tossed in the trash. This style differs in that it has a snug band around the wrist which is not waffle and the material is lightly brushed and so soft. They feel good to wear and they feel good to the touch. It is much more comfortable than thermals I have bought in previous years from Jockey. I ordered the blue and the plum. The colors are vivid and beautiful. I wear a medium. This thermal was a little more snug after the first washing than previous Jockey thermals I have. I called Jockey and was told it is not pre-shrunk and some shrinkage is expected. The customer service rep at Jockey feels there will not be further shrinkage with subsequent washings. They informed me they will gladly exchange the top for size large if I want. I chose to keep the medium top because, even though a little more snug, it looks and feels great. If I find it becomes even more snug with repeated washing, I know I can return it to Jockey with no problem. There are no worries when buying from Jockey. They stand behind their products and do everything they can to make sure the customer is happy.

UPDATE 11/25/13: I now own all the colors, except white. The sales rep was right, there has been no further shrinkage after the first wash. The medium is perfect for me. I do have one thermal in size large and it is very comfy for sleeping. The medium is perfect and the large is not too big. I weigh 110 pounds and usualIy buy size medium in all tops. I just love these thermals. They are more tapered to the body than Jockey styles in the past so they work well as a top for jeans. They are not sloppy looking and they don't look like men's underwear. The grey top has a darker grey contrasting stitch around the wrist, sides and bottom of the garment which I really like. I wore the grey top with jeans and a fleece jacket while camping. I was really comfortable while camping and I felt my outfit was really cute.The only thing that would make me happier is if Jockey offered more colors in this thermal top.

Cricket Static Free Brush Rpm, 12XL
Cricket Static Free Brush Rpm, 12XL
Offered by BeautyAnd
Price: $5.19
23 used & new from $2.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't Have Just One, August 6, 2013
I love this brush. It is just what I have been searching for ever since my husband ruined my 40 year-old round brush. I was not able to find a brush that did my bangs right until now. It is the perfect diameter ( 1 1/2 inch ) for blowing my bangs. My bags look smooth without the fly-aways (from static) which I had come to accept as my new normal. I am so happy that I just ordered two more brushes. This is one brush I don't want to be without. The brush is 8 1/2 inches in length. The brush head is 3 1/2 inches long. The diameter of the brush head is 1 1/2 inches wide. The handle is comfortable to hold and feels well-balanced. The grip on the brush feels as though it is non-slip. On the tips of each bristle is a tiny ball which helps the brush glide through hair and helps prevent breakage. I am so happy I found this brush. I have been looking for so long. I have not seen it in any store. Thank you Amazon!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8