Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now STEM
Profile for SlugmanAD > Reviews

Browse

SlugmanAD's Profile

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

SlugmanAD RSS Feed

Kulana Women's Cruiser Bike, 26-Inch, Blue
Kulana Women's Cruiser Bike, 26-Inch, Blue
Price: $89.99
9 used & new from $89.99

1.0 out of 5 stars I'm going to try to sell this on craigslist at a loss and dump it on some other poor soul., August 17, 2016
I have spent more at this point attmepting to repair, dealing with blowouts, etc. than I did and the $%^$%^$ bike itself. Now I can't return it. I know you want to save money but DON'T DO IT HERE. I CANNOT BEG YOU ENOUGH NOT TO BUY THIS BIKE. SPEND MORE MONEY ON SOMETHING THAT WORKS.

Bluetooth Earpiece,SHareconn Wireless V4.0 Headset Sweat Proof Earbuds Noise Isolating Sport Earphones for Exercise/Running/Gym with Mic Stereo Sound for Apple Iphone, Samsung, Lg, Pc Laptop
Offered by Anhell
Price: $26.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Nobody can hear me, and it feels like my ear is getting gouged., August 9, 2016
Whoever the heck is saying that people can hear you on the other line, they are insane. I 've had numerous customer complaints since I started using it this week at work - I've literally only used it for a day and a half and the number of complaints about audio quality is STAGGERING. I use the phone for work, so I talk to numerous people and I have numerous people telling me that there is an echo on the line, that the words are garbled and they can't understand me. This is the only headset I've had this problem with.

And now I can't even return it. STEER CLEAR. I thought I could save some money and get osmehting less than a plantronics system - now I'm out 30 bucks to these charlatans.

As a side note - THIS THING HURTS SOOOOOO BAD. I can only have it on for 2 hours before it starts to kill me.

Shareconn, I am soooooooo mad right now.

EDIT Oh I can return it THANK THE MAKER. Lol don't review angry. :) Still one star - people cannot hear me, which negates the purpose of the product.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 15, 2016 10:08 PM PDT

ASUS A55A-AH51-RD 15.6-Inch LED Laptop ( Red )
ASUS A55A-AH51-RD 15.6-Inch LED Laptop ( Red )
2 used & new from $430.00

4.0 out of 5 stars ABSOLUTELY MADDENING. However, a very pretty paperweight., May 30, 2013
Let me start off by saying that I started trying to write this review on the actual device, and had a pretty good one going too, until my screen's brightness lowered out of nowhere, so I(like a stupid person) pressed the F key to increase the brightness and PRESTO my review is gone(apparently, that button doesn't change brightness at all, it's really just the back button for your browser), and btw the screen is still dark.

That actually sums up my experience pretty well with this product: it looks nice, the hardware is good for the price, but now I'm typing this on my iMac because goshdarnit I just can't trust the ASUS to type a review in Amazon.

That's just sad.

Quick overview: I'm a highly experienced user with decades of experience in computers under my belt. I've lived and breathed tech for my entire life. No product has ever frustrated me more than this one - I see its potential and how it is utterly WASTED. I've been trying to set up this device for 12 hours, while my previous ASUS took a grand total of 45 minutes to completely set up and personalize. I think I'm halfway there. Lucky I'm already bald, I guess - I would be anyway after this experience.

I won't belabor the points that the internet has made about Windows 8 - I'm just going to say it sucks. However Windows 8 is Microsoft's epic error, not ASUS's. ASUS's sin is its absolutely crappy software - for example, when you first turn on the device and finally make it to the desktop after performing the windows 8 startup dance, you see that ASUS's instant-on feature is running...

BECAUSE IT TAKES UP 1/32 OF YOUR SCREEN.

This is a feature that absolutely needs no GUI, heck for even an advanced user such as myself it would have just been nice to see in the control panel, but instead it starts up and runs and takes up your desktop till you X it out. It's a simple fix with msconfig to disable the feature on startup, but hey, I wanted the feature, NOT THE STUPID GUI. I don't know which middle manager's bright idea that was, but FIRE THEM. NOW.

This is even more maddening when you consider the fact that there is no obvious way to change keyboard and touchpad settings. You know, something you ACTUALLY NEED. A quick google search demonstrates that nobody has any idea how to change this function, especially within the indescribably horrific bowels of Windows 8.

To sum up: the hardware is great, but the combination of Windows 8(awful) and ASUS bloatware(even more awful) combine to make a cluster**** of frustration. In many cases I can EVENTUALLY find the settings I'm looking for and with a registry edit, msconfig edit, or rain dance to the gods, fix my issue - but a new product should WORK OUT OF THE BOX, not require more coaxing than my 7 year old HP desktop that's littered with trash. With every other new tech product I was able to hit the ground running in less than an hour - and it was always a happy experience trying out something new. But the last 12(now 13) hours have been simply awful.

EDIT: I finally found it. Somehow, when I first started customizing the laptop, the smart gesture(really think about renaming that one guys, very few things are SMART about your software) wasn't in the taskbar. Now it is. Because I'm betting this is a windows 8 issue, and not an ASUS issue, I'm upping my review to 4 stars. Seriously ASUS, windows 8 is weighing you down. It'd be nice if you made it easier to install windows 7, but whatever, not your fault. Also, for other users, if you don't want to have the same issue I had at the beginning of this review, hold fn before hitting a f key to change brightness, sound, etc. It seems backwards to me, but at least it's understandable. Sorry for taking my frustration out on you ASUS, it really should be directed to microsoft.

EDIT 2: After 17 hours, I've finally got everything set up and made it past the learning curve. That was an AWFUL day. However, most of it was not ASUS's fault. I never used Vista, so I don't have a basis of comparison for "Most Awful OS's Ever" - but Windows 8 is certainly the worst I've ever used. It simply should not take that long for me to figure out a new OS. That being said, once you get past the learning curve, there's a lot of fun to be had with Windows 8: again, provided that you make it past the learning curve. It took me a nonstop 17 hours to figure it out, and I know computers better than the back of my hand - I shudder to think what it's like for an average user. Microsoft, this was simply unacceptable. Thanks for ruining the next generation of PC's - it's no wonder you're losing market share like it's going out of style. As a final jab, I'm completely baffled how anybody at Microsoft thought that any of this was a good idea - next time you should try market testing with real users, not just your paid shill reviewers and Yes Men.

ASUS, love the new laptop, love the sleek design, love the power for the price, hate Windows 8. But I do understand that that is simply beyond your control - sorry Microsoft is taking you down with them.

Halo 4 - Xbox 360 (Standard Game)
Halo 4 - Xbox 360 (Standard Game)
Offered by xplorer034
Price: $16.51
677 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Do it again! DO IT AGAIN! *EDIT* ok maybe It's not as good as I thought., November 8, 2012
I must admit I was a bit worried when Bungie left the scene and Halo's development went to 343 Industries; Good franchise gets bought by massive corporation? We all know what happened with EA games and Mass Effect 3. So yeah, I was worried.

And then this...this...work of art happened. 343 Industries, you've proven I was silly to worry. I play Halo for the campaign, I love the story and I love the epic firefights. I'm not too big into multiplayer, though I did love Invasion in Reach. The campaign was absolutely wonderful. It made me feel like I was playing Halo 1 for the first time again.

Everything is a pro in this game, but I'll give a few standout general pros and a few verrry minor cons:
Standout Pros:
Music
Graphics
The Mantis
The Awesome Ending
Upgraded Forge
Spartan Ops

Cons:
Enemy AI gets a bit stupid at long ranges
I miss the Flood. The new enemy race is awesomely done, but freaking annoying to kill.
The weapon list is too small, and is split into types that are often essentially the same with minor variations. I don't understand why we need the battle rifle, DMR, magnum, carbine, and light rifle. I also miss the needle rifle.
Not enough Covenant vehicles, no human air vehicle.
I was one of the people that LIKED armor lock. Sad to see it go.
Banshees are slow again.
I WANT INFERNO GRENADES BACK.
NO MORE INVASION.

343 Industries, thank you. I've been playing Halo for almost 11 years now. I hope you guys are still this good 11 years from now.

*EDIT*
So, after playing the crap out of the game, I've come to some conclusions: this game is nothing compared to Reach, in every aspect but story and graphics. The problem is that Halo always was meant to have an epic feel, even in 1 v 1 plasma rifle fights. The game FEELS smaller, due to the actual maps being smaller, the ubiquity of long range weaponry(looking at you, DMR/Carbine/Magnum/Light Rifle/Binary Rifle/Sniper rifle/Beam Rifle, and the overall faster pace of combat. Armor Abilities have been nerfed to all hell, to the point that most aren't even useful except situationally, or are even harmful. Anything you can do to edit your loadout aside from weaponry is nigh-pointless, as nothing has a major effect. The problem with that is that Reach gave us highly differentiated player classes based on their awesome abilities, which made for a more varied and more epic fight. Compare, for example, the ridiculously overpowered armor lock to the nigh-pointless hardlight shield. Compare the bubble shield to the regeneration field. Halo 4's AAs are parlor tricks in comparison to those of Reach. And they are less fun. The vehicles and weapons all get similar treatment. the maps are more two-dimensional than Unreal: Tournament(that game from more than a decade ago).

The AI in campaign in 4 is not as smart(or doesn't have the appearance of it). I think the problem here is that the AI is far more limited in its options: what's the point of a well-executed flank maneuver when the map is essentially two side by side rails, and you have access to such a limited range of weaponry?

There are no real "stand out" levels in 4. Halo had The Maw/Two Betrayals, depending on your flavor, Halo 2 had Regret/Great Journey, Halo 3 had The Covenant, ODST was a different animal entirely, and Reach had Long Night of Solace. None of the Halo 4 levels really stood out to me like these did.

This game feels more geared toward those interested in a somewhat realistic combat simulation, WHICH HAS NEVER BEEN HALO. Halo has been about epic Banshee skyjacks at 150 MPH, riding a falcon down from the spire carrying the core, tearing down snipers with magnums, dual-wielding SMGS, ramping warthogs onto Scarabs, or tossing inferno grenades into a mess of Flood. Pecking away at each other's shields and having headshots be the Soup of the Day, Week, Month, and Year is not what I was looking for.

In the end, in my humble opinion, Halo just got hit with CoD syndrome. And I play Halo, not CoD. That being said, the story was wonderful, and in the end it was still worth my money. But it leaves me with a bitter taste in my mouth. If you need me, I'll be playing through the collection again, waiting for a Halo 2 remake or a possibly fixed Halo 5. I give Halo 4 the same longevity as ODST.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 12, 2013 11:30 PM PST

Mass Effect 3
Mass Effect 3
Offered by NYC Electronics
Price: $11.95
263 used & new from $0.22

1.0 out of 5 stars Mass Effect 3 is an epic of epic epicness....until the last 5 minutes ruin EVERYTHING, March 12, 2012
This review is from: Mass Effect 3 (Video Game)
Let me clearly explain this to you:

The mass effect universe is amazing because it is one that you, the gamer have helped create. You have shaped the storyline over the course of years and often hundreds of hours of gameplay. In ME1, the story, characters, and environment are being introduced. Of course this broke ground. The sequel in ME2 I believe took all the concepts of 1 and refined them(aside from the infamous planet scanning). The story was human and heartfelt, no matter which ending you chose. It was the Empire Strikes Back to ME1's A New Hope. 3 was to be Jedi, when all of the choices, all of the setup of the previous 2 installments would coalesce into the the final epic climax and closure heavy denouement. The tension was built, and ME3 was to release it. I have put 100s of hours into the ME universe because most of al, it was compelling. Up until last night, I fully expected do hundreds of hours of playthrough in the future.

Well, when I finally beat this game last night, I no longer want to touch a ME game again.

Acts 1 and 2 are F***ing awesome. They make good on promises, and while often the dialogue seems a tad contrived, there truly is HEART to the narrative for the first 2 acts. Not so in Act 3 - the story starts to left turn, but it's ME, so you roll with it. The fights start to suck harder at the end, but whatever, you're playing it for the story, not the fighting, if you have any idea what ME is about. So you roll with that too. In the moments leading up to the final scene, things feel a little out of place, but again, you roll with it as you try to understand.

But then the final 5 minutes of the game play out, and after hundreds of hours of laughing and crying with Bioware as they tell the greatest story of your generation - YOU FEEL LIKE BIOWARE JUST FLIPPED YOU OFF IN TRAFFIC. In a much nicer car than you drive. And then had their way with your significant other.

After so much time and investment into this story, where after decades of gaming on all platforms and genres imaginable I would have rated ME2 as the best game of all time(and by itself, I still rate it that way) - I AM NEVER PLAYING ANY OF THE MASS EFFECTS AGAIN. If you have seen the ending already, you know what I'm talking about(at least 88% of you do, according to the latest poll).

If you haven't seen the ending, then of course you think this is an overreaction. BELIEVE ME IT IS NOT. Until you watch the ending for yourself, you will never know how bad it is. It is literally worse than anything you can imagine.

For those of you ME fans out there who have NOT seen the ending yet - DON'T. I BEG YOU. The ending WILL without a doubt remove all joy you found in the franchise. I will give a detailed account at the end of this review of when to turn your Xbox off to preserve your enjoyment of what should have been the greatest franchise of all time.

Briefly a couple of other notes: Kai Leng is the stupidest character ever. Seriously, it felt like they threw a DBZ character into Mass Effect. The character is unrealistic, static, and overly centered on OMG HES SO COOL. Hint to Bioware: if you can see a character fighting against Lightning in Final Fantasy, or talking about COOL NUMBCHUCK ABILITIES, just delete it.

Day 1 DLC, especially DLC which drives the story, has no justification. Just be honest and charge us $70 for the game. Instead, it feels again as if Bioware has flipped me off in traffic for no apparent reason. Or be honest and just say it, "It's to milk the franchise for all it is worth BECAUSE WE CAN AND WE KNOW YOU WILL BUY IT." I would have respected that approach more than the PR BS accompanying Day 1 DLC. It's never ok to cut a piece of the story out to have people pay for it, and only tell them after you pre-ordered the thing. If you can handle buying a $60 game, $10 MAY not break you, but it would have been nice if they had put a disclaimer on the pre-order like "CAUTION: FULL GAME NOT INCLUDED. REST OF THE STORY SOLD SEPARATELY."

All of this would have been forgivable, sure it wouldn't have been the best story out of all of them, but come on many people think Empire is better than Jedi, so no real harm there. Sure EAware wants to vampiredrain my wallet, I expected that. But the ending, quite literally, and quite finally, crushed everything I loved about the series. And that cannot be swept under the rug.

Bioware, I'm not saying that I'll never play your games again. You and I both know that won't happen. But I can certainly promise you that you will never see a penny from my wallet again, EVER, unless you change the ending. And you and I both know that I and my fellow gamers can make that happen. Change the ending, FOR FREE. TO SOMETHING THAT MAKES ANY KIND OF SENSE. Or we have nothing more to talk about.

Now for those of you who haven't beaten it yet, READ THIS FOR GODS SAKE. Follow the instructions to the T. Your immersion in the ME universe, and enjoyment of the franchise is what is at stake. Minor spoilers are involved, but nothing that will break the story for you. Just do it.

SPOILERSPOLIERSPOLIERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILER

After your final confrontation with The Illusive Man and the conversation after, Hackett will speak to Shepard. When Hackett stops speaking, TURN THE GAME OFF. No ending rewards are worth it to ruin the entire series for you. I sincerely hope you do this.

My name is Commander Shepard, and this is my LEAST favorite game developer on the citadel.