Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM
Profile for D3 Book Reviewer > Reviews

Browse

D3 Book Reviewer's Profile

Customer Reviews: 16

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

D3 Book Reviewer RSS Feed (LA, CA)

Page: 1 | 2
Gene, Ace, Peter & Paul: A detailed exploration of the 1978 KISS solo albums
Gene, Ace, Peter & Paul: A detailed exploration of the 1978 KISS solo albums
Price: $9.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Zzzzzzzzzz. Boring. At Best, It's A Book of Footnotes., March 10, 2016
I love reading anything and everything I can about KISS, but this book was a real snoozefest. It starts off well, but the bulk of the book is a series of boring interviews, mostly with fringe people who worked on the solo albums that really have nothing interesting to say (let alone anything new to add). Great, you played bass on Peter's album and talked to Gene in the lobby of the studio one time for hours...Who cares? One "interview" was done by e-mail and the guy barely said 50 words...but it was dragged out over 3-4 pages. They could have easily taken all of the interviews and turned them into 1-2 pages of footnotes.

Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan
DVD ~ Sacha Baron Cohen
249 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars My Dad: "They Actually Showed This In A Theatre?" But he LOVED it!, February 17, 2016
I loved this movie when I saw it in theatres, and when I was trying to think of a movie to show my parents for movie night at my place, thought, "This would be the perfect movie to show my 80 year old parents." I had them over for dinner, lowered my 100" screen (also from Amazon), fired up the projector and we watched "Borat." My parents LOVED it and thought it was hysterical. lol. Definitely not for the faint of heart in some scenes (My Dad: "They actually showed this in a theatre?" lol), but Sacha Baron Cohen is brilliant in it, and Borat is such a likable character. Funny and politically incorrect from start to finish.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 16, 2016 12:31 PM PDT

InterDesign Formbu Vanity, ECO Tank Top Tray, Natural Bamboo
InterDesign Formbu Vanity, ECO Tank Top Tray, Natural Bamboo
Price: $11.19
8 used & new from $11.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Tray looks fantastic and is very well constructed, February 17, 2016
Tray looks fantastic and is very well constructed. I have mine in the guest bathroom with a box of tissues and hand towels, both which fit very easily, and it looks great.

4-Pack of Hyperikon LED Candle 4-Watt (40-Watt), Flame Tip Chandelier Bulb, Gold Housing, Candelabra Base (E12), 2700K (Warm White), 340°-Beam Angle, Dimmable

2.0 out of 5 stars Ooph, February 17, 2016
Ooph. I was excited to get these and put them in the chandelier, but wasn't too thrilled with 1. The odd color they emit, and 2. How dim they were. I ended up returning them.

Corelle Livingware 16-Piece Dinnerware Set, Winter Frost White , Service for 4
Corelle Livingware 16-Piece Dinnerware Set, Winter Frost White , Service for 4
Price: $26.99
103 used & new from $23.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Sleek, Lightweight, Durable Everyday Dinnerware Set, February 17, 2016
I ordered one set just to see how the set was, and after 2 months ordered a second set because I was so happy. The plates, bowls and cups look great, are very sturdy, lightweight and hold up great to hand washing and dishwashing at high temperatures. I'm amused people complain that they are "too light" - I've gotten the exact opposite reaction from guests who love them because they're so light but durable. I use these everyday, and I'm super happy with them.

AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - 6 Feet (1.8 Meters) - White
Price: $7.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Maybe I Just Had A Bum Cord, January 11, 2016
Worked fine for a few days, then it didn't work unless I had it plugged directly into the wall. If I had the USB plugged into the computer...no charge. If I plugged the adapter into an extension cord...no charge. Only when I plugged it directly into the wall did it charge, and then slowly. The adapter plug is Apple too, and I've used it with other Apple and Apple-compliant cords with no problem. My other non-AmazonBasics cord has been totally fine in the same spots for 6 months. Maybe I just got a bum cord? Either way, Amazon is amazing in handling returns. Can't say enough good things about Amazon. The cord...not so much. lol

TP-Link N300 Wireless Wi-Fi Router, Up to 300Mbps (TL-WR841N)
TP-Link N300 Wireless Wi-Fi Router, Up to 300Mbps (TL-WR841N)
Offered by Network Giant
Price: Click here to see our price
207 used & new from $15.00

1.0 out of 5 stars The 6-Month Router, January 8, 2016
This seemed like a great router at first, but I noticed it dropped the signal quite often, and then it stopped working completely 6 months after I bought it. When I researched a fix for it, I found out many others had the exact same issue.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 11, 2016 8:24 AM PST

JETech 2.4Ghz Wireless Mobile Optical Mouse with 3 CPI Levels and USB Wireless Receiver (0770)
Offered by JEDirect
Price: $6.99
2 used & new from $6.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Piece of Junk. Save your Money., August 4, 2015
Piece of junk. Don't let the 4 and 5 star reviews fool you. This mouse is unreliable, stalls, stops working, has a terrible battery compartment that allows the batteries to shift, etc. Spend another $10-15 and get a Logitech.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 5, 2015 3:09 AM PDT

Welcome to My Jungle: An Unauthorized Account of How a Regular Guy Like Me Survived Years of Touring with Guns N’ Roses, Pet Wallabies, Crazed ... One of the Greatest Rock Bands of All Time
by Craig Duswalt
Price: $19.01
55 used & new from $4.05

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake Reviews?, May 27, 2014
I was going to order this book, but I'm calling BS on so many 5-star reviews so quickly. I've never seen ANY rock bio get so many 5-star reviews, all sounding suspiciously similar and with similar lengths, being posted within just a day or two. Paul Stanley's book hit #2 on the NY Times best seller list, and he had 1/10th of the number of reviews as this book in the same time frame after its release. So I'm calling BS, and it's why I decided not to buy this book. As a consumer, don't try to hoodwink me by having friends or hiring a company to post reviews to sucker people in to buying a book by an author most people have never even heard of.
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 6, 2014 10:44 AM PDT

Face the Music: A Life Exposed
Face the Music: A Life Exposed
by Paul Stanley
Price: $21.31
121 used & new from $11.00

3.0 out of 5 stars The 2nd Best KISS Book, April 8, 2014
In reading the press leading up to the release of Paul's book, I was expecting 450+ pages of fireworks and craziness...but it's not to be. Paul's book is definitely better than Gene's, pretty much on par with Ace's, but Peter still holds the top spot for the best KISS autobiography, hands down.

If you've read all of the dirty laundry in the press - Paul felt betrayed by Gene in the 80s, Ace and Peter were screw-ups from early on, Ace was lazy, Peter was racist, etc. etc. - then you've pretty much got all of the dirty laundry in the book. What I found interesting were nuggets like: Paul's disdain for Peter's wife Gigi, the fact that KISS offered Peter $1 million for just 8 shows in Japan on the Farewell tour, Paul's feelings toward his first wife Pam (I gather from the little Paul wrote here that he got hosed in the divorce), the fact that Gene and Paul really had nothing to do with KISS becoming a marketing machine, etc. But there aren't a whole lot of insights like that in this book. For the most part, it's the telling of a story most KISS fans already know, just from Paul's perspective. I'm actually quite amazed at how much I felt like I already read this book BEFORE the book even came because of all of the excerpts that appeared in the media, the interviews Paul gave, etc.

If you're a diehard KISS fan, you're going to buy it and think it's ok (hence the 3-Stars). The book is also a bit long-winded and wordy...Sometimes I just found myself thinking, "Get to the point, Paul." But it will definitely appeal more to the casual or recent KISS fan who hasn't heard the same stories over and over (who would probably rate it 4 or 5-Stars).
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 13, 2014 8:01 PM PDT

Page: 1 | 2