Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM
Profile for WestieLover > Reviews

Browse

WestieLover's Profile

Customer Reviews: 16

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

WestieLover RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Dash Co. Premium Slim Elastic Wallet 2.0 for Men (Black)
Dash Co. Premium Slim Elastic Wallet 2.0 for Men (Black)
Offered by Dash Wallets
Price: $15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommend, October 31, 2015
Very compact, and light weight and inovative. I keep my DL and quite a few credit cards and it still have room for several bills. I carry it in my front pocket and hardly know it is there.

Hell to Pay
Hell to Pay
by Wendy Corsi Staub
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $7.99
100 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Horrible, But I Just Didn't Care How It Ended, June 25, 2012
I usually love Wendy Corsi Staub, but about 1/3 of the way through this book I realized that I simply didn't care what happened to the characters. I tried to continue to plod through it (because I had paid for it), and then I quit (reading is supposed to be for enjoyment, right?). The story moves very slowly, and the character development is too shallow to make up for the slow pace. I have pre-ordered Staub's next book, and I'm hoping for better results.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth Every Penny, March 21, 2011
I absolutely LOVE this product! I spend approximately 30-45 minutes a month filling the compartments with my pills, and I'm organized for the whole month. I have congestive heart failure and take a large number of pills every day, and this product helps me to remember what I've taken and what I haven't. I'm embarrassed to admit this, but there have been times I've missed dosages because I was just too tired/wiped out to sort through all my bottles and figure out what I needed. I have not missed one single dose since using the organizer. I've just started getting my prescriptions 3 months at a time, so I'm ordering another organizer so I can organize for multiple months!

Invitation to Murder (Cardmaking Mysteries, No. 1) (The Cardmaking Mysteries)
Invitation to Murder (Cardmaking Mysteries, No. 1) (The Cardmaking Mysteries)
Price: $0.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Story is good, but download has errors, July 15, 2010
This is a good, typical Tim Myers cozy, and I enjoyed the story. The Kindle download, however, is so full of typos, misspellings, added words, and word substitutions that it is actually difficult to read in some places. I'm new to Kindle, so maybe this is how all of their books are. I sure hope not, because I'm looking forward to doing more reading on my Kindle.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 29, 2010 3:22 PM PDT

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Disappointing!, December 3, 2008
I have congestive heart failure, and I'm currently having hypoxia on exertion. I paid nearly $150 for this product and it is totally inaccurate. I have checked it against the oximeters at two doctor's offices as well as with the school nurse at the high school where I work. This oximeter never goes below 95%, even when the other oximeters show me at less than 85%. I need an accurate measure because I am on supplemental oxygen. In fact, today when the doctor's office showed me at 84% (after brief exercising on room air), this product continued to show me at 98%. As an experiment, one day I even held my breath for nearly a minute and it continued to register at 98%. It would be a joke if it weren't such a waste of money.

The Overlook (Harry Bosch)
The Overlook (Harry Bosch)
by Michael Connelly
448 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed book on CD on the road, June 17, 2007
My husband and I listened to this book on CD while on a road trip, and it kept us very interested and involved. We were able to guess some of the clues, but neither of us was able to predict all of the twists and turns of the plot. We always enjoy Michael Connelly, but this one was one of his best. We definitely didn't see the ending coming on this one!

Cherry Cheesecake Murder (Hannah Swensen Mysteries)
Cherry Cheesecake Murder (Hannah Swensen Mysteries)
by Joanne Fluke
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
87 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Okay If You Can Suspend Contact with Reality, March 3, 2007
I love cozy mysteries, and I'm used to having to overlook a lot of inconsistencies with real life to enjoy them. At least there is a decent plot to this story, unlike the Sugar Cookie Murder. But the idea that two successful, likeable men are competing for Hannah and are patiently waiting while she tries to decide between them strains even the best imagination. If someone doesn't love me enough to say "yes" when I propose, that is the end of our romantic relationship. Hannah's incredibly precocious neice is almost too good to believe, and I guess I really don't believe her. And the director of the movie waits this late to cast the big role that Tracy gets??? Right... My favorite character is Moishe; having had many nice cats, I find him to be a character who is totally true to real life. This will probably be my last Fluke mystery. Having read the entire series, I find it hard to say good-bye, but I just can't see continuing with these unbelieveable plots.

Dancing in the Dark
Dancing in the Dark
by Mary Jane Clark
137 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Mediocre and Somewhat Contrived, February 21, 2006
This review is from: Dancing in the Dark (Hardcover)
I listened to this book on CD during a road trip. I stayed interested enough to keep listening, but I thought that much of the plot was contrived. I was especially interested in the anorexia issue, but I was disappointed that this issue was so quickly resolved. Anyone who has dealt with anorexics knows that nothing is that quick or easy. This story was much more predictable than some of Clark's other books which I have thoroughly enjoyed. This book is good enough to check out from the library, but I wouldn't pay full price for it.

The Lincoln Lawyer: A Novel (Mickey Haller)
The Lincoln Lawyer: A Novel (Mickey Haller)
by Michael Connelly
497 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it on Audio CD, February 20, 2006
I listened to this book while traveling on business and was totally engrossed in the story. I love the Harry Bosch series, but I think that Connelly's greatest strength is actually his non-Bosch tales. Mickey Haller's development of conscience as the book progresses is obvious; his struggle between right and wrong is palatable. The story line is credible and exciting; it's refreshing not to have to suspend one's connection with reality in order to go along with the story.

One slight caveat with listening to this book in the car: I have been driving for 32 years, and I got my first ticket ever while listening to "The Lincoln Lawyer." If you do listen while driving, don't forget to look down and check your speedometer occasionally!

Catholicism For Dummies
Catholicism For Dummies
by Kenneth Brighenti
240 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars I Can't Wait to Use This Book with My RCIA Students, February 20, 2006
I am the director of RCIA at my parish, and I am always looking for new material that will make the study of Catholicism more profitable for my students. This book is clear and concise, easy to read, and answers the perennial questions that always pop up (e.g., "why do Catholics use holy water?" "why can't non-Catholics receive Communion?" and "do Catholics worship Mary?"). I am seriously thinking of using this as one of the textbooks for our RCIA process, along with the Bible and Catechism which I already use.

I highly recommend this book for anyone who wants to know more about the Catholic Church. While I wouldn't classify it as "apologetics" per se, it does a great job of explaining the whats and whys of Catholic doctrine.

Page: 1 | 2