Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports
Profile for Kasia S. > Reviews

Browse

Kasia S.'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 1215

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kasia S. RSS Feed

by Blake Crouch
Price: $7.99
57 used & new from $7.71

5.0 out of 5 stars Blood, gold, betrayal., June 20, 2016
This review is from: Abandon (Paperback)
I don’t know why it takes me a million years to finish a book these days but I blame it on work and life fatigue. Lame, I know…This book got me out of a bit of a slump simply because I was obsessed with finding out what happened next. Abandon is about human survival and something putting an end to it, very, very cruelly. Crouch is a master at making that honest character or two and also at creating some really twisted baddies waiting to take them down but reading this guy for a while I can tell you that it’s never that clear who the bad guy is and I love that! While reading Abandon I wasn’t sure if it was supernatural or my mind was being thrown into a blender with some hot sauce, it was quite a ride. Two time lines, two sets of characters colliding at an apex on a precipice of a major reveal, the whole book is a race for precious time and holding onto that slippery life.

This story doesn’t stop, page after page it rushes at you with constant action and obstacles and the pressure doesn’t let up until that last page smacks you over the face. I didn’t even know Abandon was 520 pages until I was almost finished. It was a little lengthy but perhaps it needed that richness to make each person in it resonate louder when they met their demise in some horrific and quite intricate fashion, having said that I can’t even tell you what I would cut out because that would take away from the story. So much creepy stuff happens that I was scared many times reading it. This book is a cross road of personal demons and issues people face while going through a very intense situation fueled by one of the oldest vehicles in human history, greed. I really loved this story, it took time to get used to the 1893 world and its characters and I could never wait to get back to 2009 to resume this creepy story for the conclusion. I went in not knowing much about it and that’s how I recommend it. This one will leave me thinking about what I just read for quite a while…

Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 5, 2016 4:31 PM PDT

They Rise
They Rise
by Hunter Shea
Price: $9.99
29 used & new from $6.94

4.0 out of 5 stars Dont go into the water.., March 6, 2016
This review is from: They Rise (Paperback)
This was a fun and well paced marine story with a bite…I was hungry for a creature story I could breeze through and still enjoy this weekend and all the drinking in the book made me laugh, reality has a firm foot planted here even if the rest is pure gore and fantasy. Shea seems to get better with each new story.

Fleshed out characters and real life situations criss crossed with fish from hell that clearly missed the etiquette memo were always the front runner here. You have different scientists and also ichthyologists, ex partners, fishermen and the navy doing a dance here. If you enjoy semi lite-semi gruesome creepy ways the body can disintegrate in then this books is for you, I read it in a few hours and felt satisfied and the writing is great, it never detracts from the abominations happening within the pagers.

- Kasia S.

Caskata Studio Rolled Gift Wrap, Red Papaver (CAS14020)
Caskata Studio Rolled Gift Wrap, Red Papaver (CAS14020)
Price: $13.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Field of poppies, March 5, 2016
Lush, dusty red red poppies, marine tinted stems and grass... a sophisticated wrapper for a gift or a book cover. This high quality etched filament paper is not only heavy duty when it comes to gift wrapping but it's gorgeous as well. I'm actually tacking a sheet as wall art over my writing desk because field flowers and poppies are my favorite.

The paper it's printed on is really unique and it will wrap the perfect gift or take any art project beyond your expectations.

- Kasia S.

Betty Crocker Hamburger Helper, Classic Three Cheese, 6-Ounce (Pack of 6 )
Betty Crocker Hamburger Helper, Classic Three Cheese, 6-Ounce (Pack of 6 )
8 used & new from $16.58

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Eats, March 5, 2016
It's comforting that's for sure, I made this with good quality grass fed beef but I can't tell what the three cheeses were other than cheddar...I guess.. I also prefer more pasta than beef here, this is a meat helper but not a take over, too much meat for rest of the yummy stuff.

It was nice to make on a stressful Friday night after work versus ordering, just make sure to have tofu, a grain or a protein on hand and one of these mixes. It goes well with a cheeky Anne Rice vampire novel.

- Kasia S..
Comment Comment | Permalink

Viva Labs ADVANCED Probiotics, 90 Caps, 25 Billion CFU, BioXtend Technology for Targeted Release and Increased Absorption
Offered by Viva Naturals
Price: $49.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for me, December 3, 2015
I'm a big fan of taking supplemental probiotics, after a few nasty colds and sicknesses I was recommended a daily regimen of these and I can definitely tell when I'm out and not taking any. Most importantly they keep me regular and I rarely feel bloated, my clothes fit, I'm not suffering and they really boost my immune system, even when half the office is sick I feel pretty much okay. Before I took these I was easily susceptible to other people's germs. These are small, easy to take, I highly recommend trying it out then see how you feel when you run out, which I have this week.. yikes lol.

Vita Labs has been a solid brand for me so far, I've used their holistic coconut oil for years and now their supplements and they make great Probiotics, also these don't irritate my stomach even if I take them without eating. These are a must for winter season and times of weather change or high stress.

I have received a bottle of this product in an exchange for my honest and unbiased review, and I don't even like to type this because it sounds like a commercial but I really love this brand, I'm actually buying a bottle of this with my OWN money today to continue :P its good stuff.

Kasia S.

Omega 3 Supreme Strength 1400 mg - High EPA DHA Fish Oil (3 MO. SUPPLY*) 180 Burpless Softgels, MSC Certified & 3rd Party Tested - Improved Absorption
Offered by Life & Food
Price: $59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Omega-3 I tried yet, October 4, 2015
Life&Food’s Omega-3 Supreme fish oil supplement is quite extraordinary. Easy to take, gentle on your stomach and makes you feel great, really. I’ve consumed fish oil products since I was a teenager who was always engrossed in health magazines when back in Europe on vacation from my studies. This stuff feels like what I’ve been reading but never got to experience. I’m not a doctor but even I’m in a better mood when I take it and it’s recently been brought to my attention that it could also be a positive effect of these oils. I have noticed that my skin is less dry and my hair and nails grow quite well, it’s also helping with joint pain as me left knee is tender. I like to take these with some cool water in the morning, and so far I love the results.

Fish Oil is an Omega-3 fatty acid. It’s considered a long chain one versus a short chain made of seeds and plants. This one is more beneficial if you eat animal products, and your body can gorge on it more and takes fewer products to produce a result. Studies suggest benefits that cover a range of diseases from cancer, asthma, depression, ADHD, autoimmune disease or cardiovascular disease to rheumatoid arthritis. Taking this supplement makes sense and it’s potency and purity is felt from within. And you will not be burping fish oil here, this is really well made. This brand also has a higher ratio of EPA to DHA acids, and EPA’s being rarer and better is a good thing here.

These have an oval shape unlike any I’ve ever seen and glowing from within frosted glass like surface, really modern pills if you ask me. I’m new to this brand but this product is wonderful, so I will be back for more that’s for sure.
Kasia S.

Eyelash Growth Serum, Rapid Lash Growth, EyeBrow Growth (4 ml) 6 Months Supply. Best EyeLash Growth Products, EyeLash Enhancer for & Brow Thickener. Longer Lashes & Thicker Eyebrows

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, and easy to use, October 4, 2015
Personally I enjoy lash and brow serums, I even make my own and I did like this product. I have been using it for several months, and I’m lazy so I cant say I used it every night but when I did manage to give my skin a spa ending I would always run this along my top lashes and through my brows. Interestingly enough I found that this made my lashes grow longer, I could really see the difference when applying mascara ( L’Oreal Telescopic ) and they would be much longer than usually, especially in the center of my eye, it also helped with some broken ones I had on my right eye towards the outer edge from a cheap curler, which chopped them off. That happened to me more than once, and it took months to grow them back, before it took so long I stopped hoping but this serum seemed to make that time a lot shorter and made me realize how different parts of my lash line are vulnerable from makeup tools.

It stings a little if you let it get into your eye through careless application, so go easy but so far I’m really enjoying it, and it feels natural, not chemical, when its on my skin its almost like water and feels fresh. I believe apple has been used in this, to stimulate the growth and it’s made in the USA. This might not work on everyone, since nothing ever does but I had great results, count me as a happy camper :)

Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 5, 2015 10:37 PM PDT

KERALOGIE Hair Oils Complex
KERALOGIE Hair Oils Complex
Price: $24.00
2 used & new from $24.00

5.0 out of 5 stars After 12 months of use, I'm ready to review this beauty, October 4, 2015
This wonderful hair oil blend has been in constant rotation of my daily hair routine for a year now, and I still have an inch of it in the bottle. It’s moisturizing and healing, super soft and gentle and easy to use. You can sleep in it or use it after your usual shampoo. I wash my hair ( almost daily), then towel dry super gently, squeeze out excess and massage a pump of this in my palms then I scrunch and massage in from the ends and not really into my scalp unless it’s a night treatment, I usually stop at my ears. Then I add a hair cream to ends, brush through and that’s all I have to do to have manageable, soft, stress free hair.

I have to mention that the scent of this formula is out of this world, it smells like a rainforest drenched in fresh rain with a bit of a creamy, earthy white musk, very refreshing and sexy, I could see this as a body oil or lotion fragrance as well. The combo of Shea, jojoba, macadamia and argan oils is really well done here, each one has nourishing and restorative properties but in a proprietary blend such as this one they really come together to create a healing product. I like buying oils separately, along with coconut, avocado and castor oil but this is all ready to go and in perfect dose for each ingredient. And it makes my mornings easy, I love it.

- Kasia S.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 14, 2015 10:29 AM PDT

Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke and Bone)
Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke and Bone)
by Laini Taylor
Price: $7.92
154 used & new from $0.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Spicy, wicked and sharp, September 23, 2015
Goulash, antlers, cold Prague mornings, blue hair blowing in the wind… This is the world of Karou as we meet her. She's the blue haired artist with dark eyes tattooed on her hands and she is full of surprises and I adored taking the flight of this story with her. She collects teeth for Brimstone and wears necklaces that grant her tiny wishes, like making her super obnoxious ex itch at the worst times, child's play when compared at what's next.

This lush urban fantasy has a sprinkling, well a good stir or seraphins, chimaera and human characters that made my eye balls wet quiet a few times when s*** hit the fan. I don’t even like angels in stories, in this case winged creatures more likely so this was quite a surprise at how deep it pulled me. Spoiler free, I will say that this story took a bit to get through and had some back and forth that slowed it's pace but it's rich, it's delicious and such a great literary journey. Brimstone was one of my favorite characters, my heart swelled when I thought things went well under his watch and it ached when they went so terribly wrong. Yeah this doesn't hold back, Death is also a major character here although in an interesting way.. Can't wait to read on in the series.. good stuff.

Kasia S.

Cracked (Soul Eater Book 1)
Cracked (Soul Eater Book 1)
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Ancient warriors that still fight the battle of good and evil to this day through modern humans, August 23, 2015
Demons, Templars, ghosts. Ancient warriors that still fight the battle of good and evil to this day through modern humans, half humans and others... I found this story through a friend, although hers was a review of the third book so I immediately found the first, Cracked. It took me about three seconds to convince myself to buy the book which is still really long when I think about it now. And the verdict is in, it’s delicious. I wish it had more demon soul eating going on but the gravy it builds, the story, the characters, I swear it’s like eating a mouthwatering stew marveling how it all comes together in perfect harmony and why you can’t get enough.

Witty, funny, scary and unstoppable, this YA story was a monster. This had both teeth and soul. My heart was tugged in many ways that it’s not accustomed to with books, this had GOT tugging going on. Meda was such a kindred soul, I love her blunt attitude and mental MacGyver skills for getting through stuff, she’s one badazz I will never get sick of reading about. My life has been so hectic lately that I haven’t been doing any good reading and this stole my weekend away. I spend a few hours in my kitchen with some Harry Potter soundtracks playing in the background each day reading this gem, it was bliss. I wont give the story away other than it’s about a young girl who wants to find out who she is, and boy is it a surprise and a hoot to read. I went highlight crazy on my ebook, too many lines to tell but some will stay with me for a while. I’m going to get the rest of the books in paper along with this one, it’s a keeper. I mean who can forget “slimy sadness leaking out of a child” as some really memorable crying? Highly magical, tons of action, slick dialogue. Perfection.

-Kasia S.