Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now
Profile for methediva > Reviews

Browse

methediva's Profile

Customer Reviews: 14

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

methediva RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Raising Fences: A Black Man's Love Story
Raising Fences: A Black Man's Love Story
by Michael Datcher
66 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Emotional!, July 2, 2002
I can not put into words the feelings reading this book brought to me. We as black women speak candidly about our emotions daily, but to see a black man, correction a strong black man do it brings such joy. My hats off to Michael Datcher for exposing the emotional side of a black man.

Invincible
Invincible
Price: $6.99
200 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't even put it into words!, October 31, 2001
This review is from: Invincible (Audio CD)
I have been a Michael Jackson fan since before I was born. And I must say he didn't disappoint me with Invincible.

Church Folk
Church Folk
by Michele Andrea Bowen
60 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars The Rev. Theophilus Simmons was the man!, August 3, 2001
This review is from: Church Folk (Hardcover)
...And we all know behind every good man there is a strong woman who makes it possible. Essie was the woman we all strive to be. A woman who loves herself, her man, and the Lord unconditionally.
The cast of supporting characters were nothing short of awesome! From Lee Allie, Uncle Booker, Miss Coral, and Pompey who were all well developed and the reader felt like you were reading about your relatives. Saphronia and her grandmother were the neighbors who the neighborhood just tolerated. But they both came through when they needed too. The love Willie and Thay had for each other, family, friends, and the church made you want to pull up a chair to get your share of love. There were numerous characters which added to the enjoyment of the story, well developed, some likeable and some you disliked. Church Folk is an entertaining look inside of the drama that goes on within the church.
Yes, the devil sits on the front pew and even in the pulpit!

Between Lovers
Between Lovers
by Eric Jerome Dickey
186 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Nic, Ayanna, and what's his name...WOW!!!!, July 12, 2001
This review is from: Between Lovers (Hardcover)
This is Eric's BEST!! I too have read all of Eric's novels and can clearly see how he has matured as a writer and developed into the greatest story teller in contemporary African-American fiction. If you as a reader are not prepared to come out of the box of the same stereotypical relationship Between Lovers is not the novel for you, but if you are willing to explore the outsides of your box Between Lovers will take you there. Enjoy!

Preconceived Notions
Preconceived Notions
by Robyn Williams
26 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Imagany, Imagany, Imagany!, March 23, 2001
This review is from: Preconceived Notions (Paperback)
Imagany, could have been the girl next door. Elliott, should be carbon copied and distributed. The friendships within the story, I can not find the words to describe them. Robyn weaved a tale of sorrow into one of the best love stories, family stories, and friendship stories, that I have ever had the pleasure of reading.

Got to be Real: Four Original Love Stories
Got to be Real: Four Original Love Stories
by Lynn Harris
86 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Read it! Loved it!, March 23, 2001
Eric, was original and entertaining as always. E. Lynn, was in rare form, a little too much information. Marcus, you have a knack for this writing thing. Colin, interesting but took me a little longer to understand than the other stories.
It was a great thing for four such talented men to come together and create something so emotional, we need more guys willing to express their feelings and put them on paper. Keep up the good work!

Forwards & Backwards
Forwards & Backwards
by Jacquese Silvas
16 used & new from $3.87

5.0 out of 5 stars The Whittaker's had stupid money!, March 23, 2001
This review is from: Forwards & Backwards (Paperback)
When I picked up this book to read it I knew from the first page that I would love the Whittaker's and Jacquese's writing style. The relationship the Whittaker children share is a relationship that shows the literary world that African-American sibilings indeed love, support, respect, and value each other. I hope my children continue to solidify a relationship like the Whittaker children.
The Whittaker's story was a page turner and kept you guessing in each paragraph, to say the least. Jacquese I am a fan for life!

Kismet : A story of Love, Friendship, Obsession and Fate
Kismet : A story of Love, Friendship, Obsession and Fate
by Dawn Knight
11 used & new from $13.50

4.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed it!, February 24, 2001
Kismet had so many issues in it I won't go into any of them but I LOVED it. Dawn keep up the good work!

Far From the Tree
Far From the Tree
by Virginia Deberry
152 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Are we really who we think we are?, November 26, 2000
This review is from: Far From the Tree (Hardcover)
The better question is...Are we who everyone else thinks we are? I loved the story and I loved the fact even more that each issue was either resolved or alluded that it was on the right path to be resolved. The relationship that Della had with her girls. Celeste giving Niki her blessing to live her life. Della dealing with the demons from her past and Ronnie realizing that it was time to let the truth be known.

Lookin' For Luv
Lookin' For Luv
by Carl Weber
52 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Lookin' for entertainment, found it!, October 29, 2000
This review is from: Lookin' For Luv (Paperback)
I hated that this story came to an end, I had withdrawal symptoms. The friendship that Kevin, Tyrone, and Antoine shared reflected the many positive relationships that many African-American males share. Those relationships need to be introduced to the world.
Lookin' for Luv was indeed a thrill a minute, twists around every corner. I laughed, cried, prayed, and screamed at the characters. Keep up the good work!

Page: 1 | 2