Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now
Profile for nodice > Reviews

Browse

nodice's Profile

Customer Reviews: 657

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

nodice RSS Feed (Manchester, Ga United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Ocean's Thirteen (Widescreen Edition)
Ocean's Thirteen (Widescreen Edition)
DVD ~ George Clooney
Price: $7.89
272 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Falls flat, August 20, 2008
Sure it looks like Clooney, Pitt and Damon are having a good time, but this one trick pony has been a rotting carcass for some time now. Nothing in this movie is believable. Willie Banks should have been on the look out for these guys the minute he thought about crossing Reuben. No way a man of Danny and Rusty's thieving statures would be able to even walk into a casino. That town doesn't play. Despite a weak plot and bad acting Ocean's 13 is nothing more than sleek man candy and I'm glad I didn't pay a dime to see it.

No Reservations
No Reservations
DVD ~ Catherine Zeta-Jones
Price: $5.80
290 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Just okay..., August 17, 2008
This review is from: No Reservations (DVD)
I have to agree with the other reviewers on this. The plot is wholly predictable though well acted. It hardly qualifies as a romantic comedy because it simply isn't funny. Kate's character arch does allow her to let people in, but I'm not sure how she got so closed off-especially since her sister seemed quite the opposite. There was no real obstacle keeping these two from each other and what paper thin conflict they did have is resolved rather effortlessly.

No Country for Old Men
No Country for Old Men
DVD ~ Javier Bardem
Offered by 1dandy1
Price: $11.22
196 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars I actually liked it, August 16, 2008
This review is from: No Country for Old Men (DVD)
I'm surprised that I liked this film. I did have to replay the ending to make sure that the DVD hadn't skipped or something. When I sat back to think about the point the film was making, I believe I understood its point. Every generation once it reaches a certain age thinks things are getting worse. The whole 'back in my day' soliloquies we give, but the truth is elusive sometimes. The wickedness of mankind has always been violent. We are the ones that change. Our tolerance, our view of the world and what we think our place is in it. Everyday there is some story in the news that makes absolutely no sense, but in our films we want the motivation spelled out to us. In this piece I think the Coen brothers and McCarthy does a good job in portraying "senseless" violence. Highly recommended.

Breach (Widescreen Edition)
Breach (Widescreen Edition)
DVD ~ Chris Cooper
Offered by DAILY "Black-Friday" 4U
Price: $7.49
303 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Cooper is great..., August 15, 2008
This review is from: Breach (Widescreen Edition) (DVD)
...but the pacing and the dreary visuals leaves this reviewer a little cold. Character actor Chris Cooper never ceases to amaze me. He can become anyone quite convincingly. Phillipe is also showing signs of great potential and because of them this film is entertaining. However, the pacing is all wrong. Too many times I was ready for them to arrest him. There's no surprise-no nail biting scenes that leave you perched on the edge of your seat. This is just a film that's little more than a documentary. I'd rather have seen the information on the History channel. The actors are what makes this a three star for me.

Casino Royale (Two-Disc Widescreen Edition)
Casino Royale (Two-Disc Widescreen Edition)
DVD ~ Daniel Craig
Offered by Media Favorites
Price: $8.99
443 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars A new Bond, August 15, 2008
3.5 stars. Granted, I'm not a huge Bond fan. The ones I've seen over the years late 80's on up have all had very forgettable storylines. I'm not sure that this one will be all that memorable either-but I like the new complexties of this Bond. There's a sense of a wounded soul and I find that appealing instead of the easy flirtatious playboy. The only thing is despite the terrific body Craig looks too stiff and unbelivable in the love scenes. I didn't believe for a moment the sudden love story. In fact when he started talking about being in love, I started frowning at the screen and wondering if I missed something. The final scene was also anti-climatic. Still I liked it better than the Bronson films.

Because I Said So (Widescreen Edition)
Because I Said So (Widescreen Edition)
DVD ~ Diane Keaton
Price: $6.49
211 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Mildly enteraining..., August 15, 2008
2.5 stars. I liked the movie a little more than I expected, but the script sort of fell apart. I'm not a big Diane Keaton fan, her voice rides my nerves and for the last couple of decades she's played the same character over and over. I do like movies that touch on the complicated relationships between mothers and daughters. They always make for great drama. This one was just a little too pat and uninspired. Still, it was mildly entertaining.

A Good Year (Widescreen Edition)
A Good Year (Widescreen Edition)
DVD ~ Russell Crowe
Price: $6.59
94 used & new from $0.93

3.0 out of 5 stars Odd movie for Crowe and Scott, August 12, 2008
I didn't enjoy this movie as much as I thought I would. I never do connect with Skinner and I felt the romance was just a convenient subplot. I wasn't sure if the cousin or the waitress was supposed to be the love interest for a while there. But overall, I felt this film was a male version of Under the Tuscan Sun. (France instead of Italy.) I didn't believe Skinner's transformation. Nothing in this captured my heart the way it should have. There was a few storylines just dropped. I thought the best friend and the cousin would become an item. But I did enjoy the soundtrack.

Lilies of the Field
Lilies of the Field
DVD ~ Sidney Poiter
70 used & new from $9.29

2.0 out of 5 stars Not my favorite Poitier film, August 12, 2008
This review is from: Lilies of the Field (DVD)
I think the point of this film is about faith. Everyone likes a good miracle movie. Right? Well, not quite. There was plenty of cringe worthy moments regarding race. Mr. Ashton calling Homer 'boy' and then telling the nuns that Smith was lazy and shiftless-but still wanted him to work for him. (Weird.) I hated the scenes where he was just shuffling to please them. And I didn't understand why Mother Maria simply couldn't say 'Thank You' especially when she was begging for everything. Out of all the good roles Poitier has played, they give him the Oscar for when he played a good field slave doing what he was told. Whatever.
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 8, 2011 12:52 AM PST

The Number 23 (Unrated Infinifilm Edition) [DVD]
The Number 23 (Unrated Infinifilm Edition) [DVD]
DVD ~ Jim Carrey
Price: $5.97
225 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Too many coincidences, August 12, 2008
Initially I was intrigued with this movie. Carrey's performance closely resembled Jim Barish in Eternal Sunshine. The same confused look-running aimlessly as if the missing pieces of the script could be found on a street corner or something. But what is fundamentally remarkable is the odds of this little self publish book making it back to its writer is so incredibly laughable, I can't believe no one in the entire production of this thought-hey maybe we should come up with a better plausible ending. Again, this film uses that much hated dark nuclear green lighting that gives the impression this movie was shot in a cesspool. It's a bad script, uncreative direction and horrible lighting. Pass this one by if you can.

The Brave One (Widescreen Edition)
The Brave One (Widescreen Edition)
DVD ~ Jodie Foster
Offered by WeeBee CD's N Stuff
Price: $7.25
236 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Jodie saves another one, August 11, 2008
Jodie's talent saves another thinly plotted script. How many life and death situations does an average citizen get into? Does anyone believe that this-what 5'4 woman really beat up fully capable 6'1 or more man with a crowbar-oh and toss him over a high drop parking deck? I like a little vigilante justice...in my Hollywood movies only, but the final moment with Terrence Howard helping her out in the end was just a bit too much. They weren't THAT close. Still despite being predictable, the film does deliver the suspense. I understand the need to have dark scenes, but I hate that almost nuclear green tint these films use. I always feel like I need a bath after watching two hours with that slimy color. Overall The Brave One manages to entertain...because Jodie is always fascinating to watch.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20