Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now
Profile for Kent > Reviews

Browse

Kent's Profile

Customer Reviews: 22

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kent "macmedia" RSS Feed (ny)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Whynter 14,000 BTU Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioner (ARC-14S)
Whynter 14,000 BTU Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioner (ARC-14S)
Price: $440.14
13 used & new from $369.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Works good but a little loud, July 28, 2016
Got a great price on Amazon's daily special so I couldn't pass up.
Just got it in and it's running great. The dual hose feature is SOOO much better than most other portable AC's. One pipe is venting the hot air outside while the other is pulling air OUTSIDE to cool the compressor and components. Other portable AC's pull air from the INSIDE to cool the compressor and you end up getting negative pressure in the house - pulling hot air from the outside back into the house. With standard window AC's the outside air cools the components so the inside stays cool. You can feel the difference in the 2 pipes - one is hot and the other one outside air temperature. As far as I can tell, there is no negative pressure (as you get with other portable AC's) to bring hot air back into the house.

This unit is a bit louder than what I had expected. Definitely far louder than my 12k btu window AC. There is not much of a sound difference between Low and High fan speed and in fact not much a huge difference in air velocity between them either. Luckily this AC is about 15ft. from my bed so it's not so bad - but if this is in a smaller room, it would be kind of annoying. I equate the sound volume (when I am at my bed) with a larger window AC unit at high speed close and standing right next to it (but I am 15 ft away from this unit). The noise is more like a constant fan noise - the compressor itself is quiet. I can deal with this over time - because I want the portability factor along with dual hose.

Overall and so far (meaning less than 24hrs usage) I am relatively happy with the purchase. Its cooled down my 85 degree bedroom (old ductless AC finally bit the dust) in about 30 minutes which is on par with my ductless AC. It's a bit louder than what I am used to but it's difficult to find a portable unit that has 2 hose connections so that I don't get the useless negative pressure in the house which defeats the purpose of having AC in the first place.

Speedo Biofuse Swim Training Fins, Multi Color, Medium
Speedo Biofuse Swim Training Fins, Multi Color, Medium
Price: $28.25
20 used & new from $18.57

3.0 out of 5 stars The Medium would be more like size 9 or 9, June 16, 2016
Purchased the size according to other reviews. Unfortunately the size was waaay too big for my son.
My 10 y.o. son consistently wears 7.5 and 8 Mens shoe (he has 6 pairs of shoes right now in those sizes.
So I purchased a size Medium based on other reviews that say the it's undersized.
Well turns out that his feet is swimming (no pun intended) in these fins. The Medium would be more like size 9 or 9.5 (and he has wide feet too)
So now I have to order a small and keep these for a year or so from now....(not worth to return them). The fins are nice though and the reason why I'll purchase the same but smaller.

Kai 000KE0117 Nail Clipper, Black, 001 M St
Kai 000KE0117 Nail Clipper, Black, 001 M St
Offered by Refresh!
Price: $8.49
22 used & new from $8.48

5.0 out of 5 stars The ones that are a dull stainless steel are usually the higher quality ones from ..., February 1, 2016
Once you try Japanese nail clippers you NEVER want to use any other. The common ones have a shiny chrome coating and they are not as sharp. The ones that are a dull stainless steel are usually the higher quality ones from Japan and the Kai is such. Very sharp and cuts with very little effort. It also has a handy nail catcher so that your clippings don't go all over the place
The description says Medium in size and for me I consider this Large but it works very well with hand nails as well as your big toe nail. Also has a built in nail file that works well.

I love this so much that I ended up buying 4 and probably will get even more because I lose them all the time (I think family "steals" them because it works so well)

Black Anti-Gravity Ballpoint Ball Point Pen - Write's Upside Down
Black Anti-Gravity Ballpoint Ball Point Pen - Write's Upside Down
Offered by Diva Dogs
Price: $3.95
33 used & new from $0.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Can write upside down but with a poor quality ink, December 20, 2015
Bought this at Dollar Tree. While it does work writing upside down, it takes a little bit of writing to get the ink flowing FIRST before it writes a solid line. The other problem is that the color of ink is a "translucent" blue-black color. It's not a very opaque color so it looks a bit light on paper. The pen is plastic but has some heft to it - has a nice heavy feel to it without overdoing it.
So technically it does work as advertised but not a good quality ink.

I have a sample photo of the quality compared to a standard paper-mate pen and you can clearly see the difference
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 20, 2015 9:26 PM PST

[Thin Glass version] JOTO iPhone 6 4.7 Tempered Glass Screen Protector Guard (0.2mm thickness, Ultra Transparency, 8-9 H Hardness, Anti-smudge, Bubble-free apply) Real Glass Screen Protector film exclusive for Apple iPhone 6 4.7 inch (1 Pack)
Offered by Tech Vendor
Price: $9.99
2 used & new from $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great glass protector, January 6, 2015
I like this protector a lot. It's nice and thin (I purchased another one that was .25 and it was too thick). It has a very nice glide to it and fits the phone well. It was an easy install and works like a charm! Over the past month, I've dropped my phone 4 times (I'm too clumsy). The phone is in a thin case with raised edges but the screen protector held up well with no scratches or cracks.

Universal Multi-Device Car Charger w/ Tangle-Free, Flat, Long-Reach MFI-Approved Lightning Connector Cable, Dual USB Power Output, and Glossy Finish (MV-UNI-2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Works so good for the iPad mini, October 31, 2014
Works so good for the iPad mini, iPhone 6 and 5s that I bought additional ones.
Occasionally reports the phone as not charging but if you unplug and plug back in, it corrects itself.
Very sturdy and good amperage.

HERO GLASS 0.18mm Tempered Glass Screen Protector for iPhone 5, 5S and 5C (Made From Real Flexible Glass, Shatterproof, 2.5d Rounded Edges and Oleophobic Coating)

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome screen protector, June 8, 2014
I have been using the common "soft" screen protectors for years and years on various devices. They work well but eventually the plastic peels back with usage and dust ultimately gets inside. When I happened to get an Amazon coupon (and with my iPhone's cheap protector starting to come off, I decided to try the Tempered glass solution. I got this through Amazon Prime on a Saturday through the US Mail which threw me off as normally I get things delivered through UPS. I almost gave up hope on UPS - but when i checked my mailbox, I was happy to see the package inside. The screen protector was boxed in a very presentable heavy duty box - something that I wouldn't expect from a inexpensive item. I do packaging design for a living - so it really struck me as a quality presentation (and protection for the product). When I went to install the screen protector, it went on very easily. Unlike the soft/flexible protectors, the rigidness of the glass lets you position the protector very precisely on the phone. On the package it says to press the glass on the phone to get rid of bubbles but there is no need to do that as it magically adheres completely to the phone by itself (as long as you keep dust out).

My only "gripe" is the glossiness of the protector. For 15 years, I have been using non-glare protectors and this one is just like the original surface - very reflective. I'll live with that since the the protector has so many other positives. The surface is very smooth. I usually put Rain-X to allow my fingers to glide with the surface. This glass protector has some kind of oleophobic coating so that your finger glides AND fingerprints don't stay on the surface. I also use my phone with a Seidio case/holster combination. The case fits a little more snugly than with standard protectors so you have to gently it on without lifting the glass from the sides of the case when sliding on. Took a little practice but it does fit.

I didn't try bending it too much but my phone would never bend anyway so why even test it further. This is a super product and I will order more for the rest of the family

Rubbermaid Commercial Food Storage Tote Box, 3-1/2-Gallon, Clear (FG330900CLR)
Rubbermaid Commercial Food Storage Tote Box, 3-1/2-Gallon, Clear (FG330900CLR)
Price: $16.90
19 used & new from $13.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Great size for sous vide with large family, April 10, 2014
I've been put off by the pricey sous vide machines out there when they are really simple construction. So I decided to make one myself after seeing a local high end restaurant use something similar. This box is a very sturdy polycarbonate - heavy and nice-n-thick. I can see this lasting for years and years even if dropped. I ordered the lid which was separate.
Although the description says it's a 3.5 gal and the dimensions, it didn't register to me how big this box was. Luckily I didn't order the larger one of these because this easily fit 2 large corned beef packages and left room for all of the other stuff. I also was able to put in 10lbs of porterhouse steaks at 140 degrees for a couple of hours and they came out wonderful (after a quick searing on the frying pan). The plastic can handle boiling water as I put it in a couple of times and let it cool to the desired sous vide temperature.

I bought a temperature controller off of the "bay" site for $60, a cheap coffee mug heater for $10 and a food grade circulation pump. With a dremel tool, I cut a notch on the top lid so that the heater go go in the hole and hang suspended off of the plastic. I also put a piece of ceramic below just in case the heater would accidentally drop to the bottom and potentially melt a hole (though I doubt it can do that with water all around). The pump would circulate the water around the tank all the time. Because of the size of this, it takes a considerable amount of time to heat up that much water/meat if everything was cold Best to put hot tap water first and heat from there.

I highly recommend this box as it fits the bill when doing sous vide.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good size but the one I received was just slightly different design-wize, February 10, 2014
The backpack looks SLIGHTLY different than all of the Head Prestige photos I have seen but nothing major. The top logo was located higher. The black color did not have any gray in it. Other than that, everything looks ok. It fits the bill as a swimming backpack for my son. There's plenty of waterproofing liners around the bag - so it should keep his items dry. At first (because how the item was folded and packed - I thought it was woefully small but after opening up, I'm pleased with the sizing. I've seen a few dimensions out there and they are conflicting. This backpack measures 17" high, 14" wide and 10" deep for me. Looks like plenty of room for him to put his 2 towels, suit, goggles, some snacks/drinks and his iPad for swim meets. For our location, too many people have the Tyr and Speedo backpacks and I wanted something different to prevent any mixups.

Mice Cube 4 Pk - Reusable Humane Mouse Trap
Mice Cube 4 Pk - Reusable Humane Mouse Trap
Offered by Better service stores
Price: $10.50
5 used & new from $7.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Best trap - and it's humane!, January 14, 2014
For some reason, mice love my home. In the past 4 years, I have caught over 50 mice with these traps. I have a 75 gallon fish tank in my garage and every mice I catch - in it goes to the tank (my little zoo project). Sometimes, I'm catch 2 at a time in the traps - it works that well. Just put a little cheese in the opposite end and the mice gravitate to the trap.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3