Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Benjamin Leftwich Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now
Profile for Jonathan Wellman > Reviews

Browse

Jonathan Wellman's Profile

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jonathan Wellman RSS Feed (PASADENA, CA, US)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great but make sure to tighten the screw on the back, May 7, 2012
I bought one of these for our minivan and loved it so much I decided to buy one for my car, but it would not hold the phone up and kept falling over (not out of the cd slot but just upside down). I was about to return it when I realized there is a screw slot on the back to tighten the ball joint. Once I tightened that it works just as well as the other one. Decided to write this review in case anyone else has a similar issue, they can know how to fix it and not get rid of this great product!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Price: $12.88
513 used & new from $1.25

5.0 out of 5 stars I love the changes!, November 12, 2011
I usually am wary of any changes in leveling or combat made to series I love, such as the drastic changes between Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2. But in this case, I think Bethesda knocked it out of the park. The borrowed some things from their Fallout games, such as the lockpicking minigame, which is vast improvement over Oblivion's minigame.

The combat system is great. You can dual wield blades, dual wield spells, go one of each, go sword and shield, or any other combination you can think of. It is somewhat annoying to have to go to the menu and change your spells frequently as you can only have at most 2 active at a time, but as combat can be paused at anytime, it is not that big of a deal.

The leveling system has been completely revamped, while keeping the core concept of you are what you play. No more overarching attributes, only your skills, which go up as you use them. Because they got rid of the attributes, the annoying griding to get a +5 bonus on 2 or 3 attributes from oblivion is gone. You just get to play your character however you want. In my opinion, Skyrim is superior to Oblivion in everyway. If you love RPGs, get this game!

Mountek nGroove Universal CD Slot Mount for Cell Phones and GPS Devices
Mountek nGroove Universal CD Slot Mount for Cell Phones and GPS Devices
Price: $23.54
90 used & new from $20.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great design, November 11, 2011
I have only had the product for a few days, so I can not speak to its durability yet, but the design is outstanding. This is perfect for my wife and her iphone 4s in our minivan. The suction cup holders are too short or too bouncy and our dashboard is not remotely flat for a dash mount. We don't use the CD player at all anymore, so this was perfect. Holds securely in portrait or landscape and swivels on a ball joint to more directly face the driver. Moves a tiny bit when driving, but not bad at all. The only downside is that the button to release the arms ends up behind the phone, so it can be a little bit of work to get your phone out. But for all the other pluses, that is a very small annoyance for us.

Also it got to me in three days, so don't worry about it not being prime eligible. They will get it to you fast.

TrendyDigital NookGear Folio Case for Barnes & Noble Nook eReader, Brown
TrendyDigital NookGear Folio Case for Barnes & Noble Nook eReader, Brown

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks great but unfortunately has a hidden flaw!, May 31, 2011
I purchased this case because I didn't want to pay the rediculous prices that Barnes and Noble were offering on their covers.. Unfortunantly, I got what I paid for.
I was very happy when I received the cover and it has worked great so far! But, a couple months ago, I took my nook out and saw that the brown velvety material inside the case had stained the back of my nook. Also, the brown elastic straps had stained the front as well. I was able to, at the time, rub off the stains on the front but not the ones on the back. I went to Best Buy and bought a plastic cover for the back and sides, that will help with further damage. But, I'm going to have to replace the back. I've had a difficult time finding one since Barnes and Noble only has one listed on their site. Also, Amazon only has skins or snap on covers. All in all, this cover has kept my nook safe. It has two zippers and I can safely lock my Nook away in it. The padding is nice on the outside and has minimal wear and tear over the last year I have had it. If you are still wanting this product be sure to buy some sort of skin to cover it on the back and front,that way you will not have to deal with staining as myself and others have.

Most Moved Mover: A Theology of God's Openness (Didsbury Lectures)
Most Moved Mover: A Theology of God's Openness (Didsbury Lectures)
by Clark H. Pinnock
Price: $20.43
63 used & new from $5.71

4.0 out of 5 stars Please can we have some civility in our discussions?, November 2, 2010
This is an open arena, where everyone can read your words: it is not the place to call other Christians who disagree with you "heretics." Open theism does not call into question any of the basic tenets of the Christian faith such as the deity of Christ, the atonement, the resurrection etc... Does God having only partial knowledge of the future mean Christ didn't save us?

Anyone who has read Pinnock on any subject besides this (I'm guessing most Calvinists have not) will find a man who makes arguments for the absolutely centrality of Scripture and the need to avoid twisting it to fit cultural biases. Yes, he sometimes seems guilty of this himself with some of the issues of open theism and I most definitely disagree with his annihilationist view of Hell. But pointing out one or two verses which seem to say the opposite is not sufficient. Scripture has tension in it and one must go with what he/she believes is the best summation of the general direction of Scripture.

The preface and introduction of the book were the most important for me as an evangelical theology student. Seeing the absolute vitriol to which a new idea was faced including baseless accusations of being "unbiblical" (it is built on Scripture, perhaps a misreading in your view, but the appeals to Scripture are numerous and in context)

After having read MMM, I am still what I was - basically a classical Arminian, but I found open theism to be a valid reading of Scripture, simply not the one I find most compelling. Early on I kept bringing up problems with the view and he kept answering them. The answers were not always fully satisfying, but apparently he is aware of the areas in his argument is open to attack and ready to meet them. Of course there are verses that "plainly" show open theism is wrong. There are also verses, many of which Pinnock points out, that "plainly" show the wrongness of Calvinism. Many verses are swept under the rug in Calvinism as in all Christians traditions because none of our theologies are perfect. We see through a glass darkly. This is one reason I find Arminianism more compelling, it holds God's sovereignty and human free will in tension without overly simplistic sweeping answers - which is what one finds in the Bible.

Calling serious Christian scholars with other theological positions "heretics" is simply adding to the vitriol that makes our evangelicalism worthless - no one wants to join a group that hates itself. It also makes the reviewer (whether on Amazon or in Christianity Today) sound a fool who cannot make an argument without reverting to name calling and attacks ad hominum. Disagree with Pinnock's conclusions and views all you want (I certainly do in several respects), but if we are all Christians, can't we show love one to another?
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 10, 2013 10:45 PM PST