Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Back to School STEM
Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Browse

Amazon Customer's Profile

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer "Arnie" RSS Feed (Manila, Philippines)

Tech21 Impact Shield Screen Protector Cover with Self Heal for 5.5" iPhone 6 Plus
Offered by Kate5515
Price: $18.50
5 used & new from $16.98

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good screen protector., November 22, 2014
Works as advertised, a scratch resistant clear screen protector that does an excellent job. Not exactly the thinnest of screen protectors. Seems a little thicker compared with others, although not as thick as 0.4 or 0.3mm tempered glass protectors.

Word for the wise though, either have it installed by store personnel (which I did) or have a lot of patience. Probably one of the harder installs I've seen done.

Power Support Air Jacket Clear for iPhone 6 Plus
Power Support Air Jacket Clear for iPhone 6 Plus

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent iPhone 6+ Case, November 22, 2014
After testing several iPhone cases at the store, I ended up buying the Power Support Air Jacket Clear for my Silver iPhone 6+.

The reasons why I bought it:
1. Not only is the case extremely thin, the phone looks bare when viewed from a distance. In fact, the clear case actually add a silvery sheen to the sides of iPhone 6+ similar to that found in the bare iPhone 5/5s.
2. Among the slim cases I tested, it is the only one that covered nearly all the sides of my iPhone, with the only exception being around the headphone jack.
3. The hard plastic used is of high quality. I put my phone in my pants along with my Sony Xperia ZL there are no scratches on the back. The box said that the case has a self healing coating similar to that found in screen protectors. Whether true or not, it does hold up to use and there are still no noticeable scratches.
4. The edges of the protector is raised by a small amount keeping the screen of your phone away from flat surfaces. Obviously the raised edge won't work on rough surfaces, but on a table, your screen won't touch the surface.

One thing though, it is still a bit slippery although not as slippery as a bare iPhone 6+ so it did add a bit of grip. Results may vary depending on your hands. I got dry rough hands.

Do I recommend it? Of course. Highly recommended for those interested in buying it.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 7, 2014 11:30 PM PST

Canon PowerShot SX50 HS 12MP Digital Camera with 2.8-Inch LCD (Black)
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS 12MP Digital Camera with 2.8-Inch LCD (Black)
Offered by Dream Deal
Price: $559.00
30 used & new from $228.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A Worthwhile Upgrade From an SX1, October 26, 2012
After nearly three years of use, I decided to sell my trusty Canon Powershot SX1 HS and buy the new Canon Powershot SX50 HS. Here's the difference.

Pros (Where SX50 is better than the SX1)
Better images. Outdoors the SX1 takes great shots under the perfect light conditions, the SX50 takes better shots under less perfect conditions.
SX50 has more intuitive settings compared to the SX1. For example, in order to record HD videos in the SX1, you have to change the aspect ratio of the photo settings from 4:3 to widescreen. In the SX50, the video resolution and photo aspect ratio are independent of one another.
Better image stabilization.
Better LCD screen and EVF.
Higher resolution shots. (12 MP vs 10MP).
Longer zoom (50x vs 20x)
Better low light shots. I had to buy and use a Canon Speedlight 270 EX to improve my night and indoor shots).
More solid build.
Lighter weight.

Pros (found on both cameras)
Ability to save images in RAW format. Only the SX1 and the SX50 could save in RAW. The rest, SX20, SX40, etc. could not do.

Cons (Where SX1 was better than SX50)
No remote control. The SX1 had a very useful remote that you can use to take shots with.
No longer uses AA batteries. The AA batteries gave me a lot o flexibility should I run out of juice. I can simply go to any store, buy batteries and continue taking shots. Now I need to buy an extra battery for the SX50 (shop where I bought it ran out of batteries). At least I can use my AA Eneloop batteries for other uses like on my flash and on my wireless mouse.
No lens hood, no USB cable, no AV cables included. In the SX1 box, all of these accessories were included. All you have in the box is the camera, battery, charger, CDs and manuals.

With the exception of the remote, all the cons of the SX50 can easily be offset by buying the things that you want (lens hood, cables, etc.). And the features far outweigh the loss of the remote. Image quality by itself is worth the buy.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 25, 2012 12:46 PM PST