Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now
Profile for Warnie > Reviews

Browse

Warnie's Profile

Customer Reviews: 36

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Warnie RSS Feed (Plano, TX, United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Moss Creek Organic Wool Dryer Balls Eco Anti Static for Clothes Replaces Fabric Softener
Offered by Fashion Care
Price: $14.99
3 used & new from $12.22

3.0 out of 5 stars Better value elsewhere, May 28, 2016
I recently gave these a try after my previous dryer balls needed replacing. First of all, there are only three balls in this set, and secondly, they're definitely on the small and squishy side. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and tried them anyway, but it seemed like things definitely didn't dry as quickly as with my previous set, and I felt like my clothes came out more staticky too. I ended up just going back to a new set of the Timber Creek ones I'd had before. They do still work, just...not as well as I would have liked.

Mer-Charmer
Mer-Charmer
by Amy Bearce
Price: $16.14
22 used & new from $11.12

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally Charmed!, May 12, 2016
This review is from: Mer-Charmer (Paperback)
Loved this just as much as I did Fairy Keeper, if not more! It takes place four years later, and Phoebe is still dealing with the after effects of being kidnapped and imprisoned by Bentwood. Physically and emotionally, she's still scarred by it, and feels useless, as her older, magical sister and her friends are off saving the world while she's told to stay at home and stay safe and do exactly what Sierra tells her to do. But when something sinister washes up on the beach near the house, naturally all that begins to change.

I love how much Phoebe grows up over the course of the book, learning to be brave again, learning that she has worth and purpose, learning to fight in ways she never believed possible. I love the sweet love, friendship, and fierce loyalty she shares with her best friends Tristan and Mina. And I especially love her complicated relationship with Sierra. There's also lots of adventure, gorgeous descriptions of underwater wonderlands, and a couple of really great twists. And the ending! So, so good!

This is a great book for kids right at that border between middle grade and YA--action, light romance, a touch of darkness, but all with a fairy tale-like quality and a sense of innocence.

Full disclosure: Amy's my friend, and Curiosity Quills offered me a free e-book in exchange for an honest review. But here's the thing--I read this book a couple of times while still in progress, and certain parts many more times than that, and even so, I totally devoured the final version. I love these characters, I love the journeys they go through, and I cannot WAIT for Dragon Redeemer--Nell's book, you guys!!! I love Nell!!!

Gute Beautiful Soft Horsehair Bristle Dish Brush 2-inch Head, 7-1/2 Inch Long Beechwood Handle (Black Bristles)
Offered by Alrossa
Price: $34.95

4.0 out of 5 stars The bristles are very soft, and the first time ..., April 13, 2016
The bristles are very soft, and the first time we used it, a number of them came out. But it seems to be holding up fairly well, and I'd much rather deal with a few stray bristles than keep buying plastic brushes. I'd get this one again.

Rbenxia Metal Steel Chopstick Stainless Steel Spiral Chopsticks 5 Pairs
Rbenxia Metal Steel Chopstick Stainless Steel Spiral Chopsticks 5 Pairs
Offered by Rbenxia
Price: $6.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, January 24, 2016
We use a lot of chopsticks in our house, and our wooden ones have gotten pretty gross--peeling and discolored... We figured it was time for an upgrade, and these are perfect. They're comfortable to use, and I can tell they're going to last forever, even going through the dishwasher. Glad we made the switch!

Spring Chef Vegetable Peeler Set with Stainless Steel Swivel Blade for Potato, Carrot, Apple, Citrus
Offered by Spring Chef
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great peelers!, January 24, 2016
These are perfect! No crappy plastic, so they're very sharp, very sturdy, and look really, really nice. They even deal well with super weirdly-shaped potatoes (I had one that was sort of folded over on itself and it was dealt with just fine). Definitely recommended.

flip and tumble Set of 5 Reusable Produce Bags
flip and tumble Set of 5 Reusable Produce Bags
Price: $12.00
23 used & new from $2.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these!, January 24, 2016
I love these--this is the second set I've purchased, not because the first set wore out, but because I use them so much I needed more than just five! They're very sturdy, despite the fact that they fold up very thin (I've used the first set constantly for over a year now and they're still in prime condition). I keep a bag of them in my purse at all times and they really don't take up much space at all. The only downside for me is that the these are not plastic-free, but the organic cotton bags seem so much bulkier (and therefore harder to keep on hand when needed), and you can't see what's inside them, which just makes checkout that much slower, if you're using them at any stores that don't use a stickering system like Central Market. Anyway, I think these are great and I will probably buy more of the same if the ones I already have ever need to be replaced.

Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day Multi-Surface Everday Cleaner, Geranium, 16 Fluid Ounce
Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day Multi-Surface Everday Cleaner, Geranium, 16 Fluid Ounce
Price: $2.98

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS CHANGED MY LIFE!, December 7, 2015
I always thought I hated cleaning, but after buying this I'm realizing that it's not the cleaning itself I hate, but just the smell of your typical cleaning products. This stuff smells so good that I actually get excited about having something to clean up with it. Like, yesterday I cleaned out the entire inside of the washing machine, just for fun. It's crazy! So yeah, it smells wonderful, cleans really well, and is eco friendly. WIN WIN WIN!

Lunch Box (Stainless-steel) Food Container, Reusable with Hinge Lid/light Weight - By Utopia Kitchen

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, December 7, 2015
There are probably similar containers out there that are much sturdier/more secure (the hinged arm on this one really doesn't hold it closed firmly at all, so you'd have to be very careful with any foods with sauces, etc.), but it's a decent size, I think it'll hold up well to lots of use, and for the $5.50 each that I paid? Totally worth it.

Set of 2 Standard Size SureGuard Pillow Protectors - 100% Waterproof, Bed Bug Proof, Hypoallergenic - Premium Zippered Cotton Terry Covers - 10 Year Warranty
Offered by Rykies
Price: $44.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pillow protectors, September 27, 2015
These are great--got them to help with my dust allergies. They're waterproof, but definitely don't have that loud, plastic rustling sound or feel to them. As other reviewers have stated, these are no good for down pillows unless you leave the zippers open, but for regular pillows they work great!

Timber Wool Dryer Balls - 6 XL Size Pack - All Natural Alternative to Fabric Softener and Dryer Sheets to Save You Money
Offered by Timber Group
Price: $23.95

5.0 out of 5 stars 100% Converted!, September 9, 2015
Love these! It takes less time for things to dry, everything's fluffed nicely, and no more having to buy and throw away dryer sheets! I was a little nervous about my husband's workout clothes, because they recently came out of the washer still slightly...smelly. But I ran them through the dryer anyway just to see what would happen and even without any scent added they came out smelling perfectly clean and fresh! Definitely recommended.

Update: couldn't remember which brand I'd ordered before, and when it was time to replace them I ended up with a different kind. They were more expensive for fewer balls, were smaller, and they didn't seem to help much at ALL with drying time, plus left everything super staticky, a problem I never had with these. So I dug through my history to find out the brand I'd first ordered and went back to them. I certainly haven't tried all the dryer balls out there, but of the two I HAVE tried, Timber Wool is far and away the best!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4