Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Ingrid Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEM
Profile for Dark Helmet > Reviews

Browse

Dark Helmet's Profile

Customer Reviews: 135

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Dark Helmet RSS Feed (Seattle, WA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
Brother Network Ready 4" Wide Label Printer (QL-1060N)
Brother Network Ready 4" Wide Label Printer (QL-1060N)
Price: $218.68
78 used & new from $218.68

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best investments I've made in my online business, June 8, 2016
I use mine primarily for printing 4" x 6" eBay shipping labels. For awhile I was also using it for standard address labels, but swapping out the cartridges got annoying so I bought a smaller Brother label printer for that job. I have printed about 300 labels so far and have had no issues beyond having to tweak the margin settings in Windows to keep it from printing a blank label after each real label. I print through my browser so I can't say much about shipping software, but in the eBay settings you just set it to use the Zebra LP 2844. Very fast. Spits out a label within seconds. It saves so much time over printing out a label and taping it on the box!

The smaller label printer does not have a network interface, which really made me appreciate the ethernet connection. I have it hooked up to a WiFi receiver in my office and can print a label from my smartphone or any computer in the house. It's worth the extra money not having to fiddle around with a print server or keeping the office computer on all the time.

The only drawback is you can't use the "free" standard address labels provided by the shipping companies. Now that there are Brother compatible labels the cost per label has gone down significantly. On the upside, it does not waste labels on calibration between rolls. You can use every single label on the roll.

Aviditi SIZER Carton Sizer/Reducer
Aviditi SIZER Carton Sizer/Reducer
Offered by Gitway Inc
Price: $15.78
11 used & new from $14.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Saves money on shipping, February 29, 2016
Paid for itself the first time I used it. I needed a box to send an item that was about 16" x 10" x 6" to a customer. The only box I had was about 12" too tall. This tool made it easy to cut the box down to get out of dimensional weight size, and cutting extra material off the flaps shaved off enough actual weight to get the box under the next pound increment. I didn't have to waste money on dunnage.

Very easy to use, and a must for anyone who does a lot of shipping. Set the sliding adjustment, score the inside of the box and use a utility knife to slit up the inside of the corners. Fold the flaps over, trim off any excess and you're done!

Berkley CNC PowerBait Biodegradable Crappie Nibbles, Chartreuse, 0.9-Ounce
Berkley CNC PowerBait Biodegradable Crappie Nibbles, Chartreuse, 0.9-Ounce
Price: $3.56
40 used & new from $2.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes crappie nibble, September 26, 2015
I use these on jigs for crappie and sunfish. The area I live does not allow anglers to use live minnows for bait, so Crappie Nibbles give jigs a scent that attracts fish. In the water they start to dissolve, leaving a scent trail for fish. If the fish are really aggressive I can sometimes get by without them, but when the fish are indecisive they really do make a difference. Many anglers around here won't go fishing for panfish without them. They are like a religion around here. One year during the spring one of the Cabela's employees told me they could sell them at $20 a jar.

The one drawback is fresh out of the jar they don't stay on the hook too long. The solution is to leave the lid off the jar until they start to get rubbery. Then they will stay on much longer.

In my experience, color does not seem to make a difference, but I always go for chartreuse if it is available. Otherwise white. I avoid the ones with glitter, though. The glitter is not mixed into the bait like you would expect. Instead it's just a coating the nibbles are rolled around in. It falls off the second they hit the water and the glitter gets EVERYWHERE. You, your boat, your vehicle and your gear will look like you spent the weekend in Vegas. The regular ones seem to work just as well, so I stick with those.

Megastrike Original Formula Fish Attractant
Megastrike Original Formula Fish Attractant
Offered by All-In-One-Solution
Price: $14.99
2 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for crappie and smallmouth, September 26, 2015
I use it on my hand-tied jigs for crappie and smallmouth. Since the baits are fur, feathers and chenille they don't have the same natural feel as plastic baits. This stuff seems to make the fish hold on for a bit longer while they decide if what they've got in their mouth is food or not, giving me more time to set the hook. I put a Crappie Nibble on the hook and rub the Megastrike gel into the body of the jig. Don't get it on hair/feather tails or it will kill the action.

Presentation and location are still critical as it's not going to make fish bite or conjure up fish in barren water, but I think it has made a difference.

Brother XM2701 Lightweight, Full-Featured Sewing Machine with 27 Stitches, 1-Step Auto-Size Buttonholer, 6 Sewing Feet, and Instructional DVD
Price: $99.97
11 used & new from $80.14

5.0 out of 5 stars Good machine for a beginner like me, September 5, 2015
Before I bought this machine I had never so much as sewn on a button. I bought it to do mending and make costumes. I wanted a real sewing machine that was more capable than the super small ones that all seem to have universally horrible reviews, but not so loaded down with options that it was confusing for a beginner to use. I decided on the XM2701 because of the light, needle threader, one-step button and easy thread bobbin.

The light is really bright and does a great job of illuminating the workspace. Threading and installing the bobbin is so easy a child could do it.

The one thing I wish it had was a little bit better speed control. I found it does help if I take off my shoes.

I am still getting used to sewing in a straight line, but missing buttons and loose hems are a thing of the past. Now I can wear several of my favorite shirts again.

Duco Cement Multi-Purpose Household Glue - 1 fl oz
Duco Cement Multi-Purpose Household Glue - 1 fl oz
Price: $2.99
28 used & new from $1.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Duco Cement keeps my jigs from going blind, May 3, 2015
I use this glue as a clear coat for sticking 3-D eyes on jig heads for fishing. I make my own hand-tied jigs that can stand up to catching 100+ fish and it really bugs me when the eyes fall off. IMHO a well-made jig should hold together until you lose it or the fish love it to death.

Before I discovered this product, I could never be sure how long the eyes were going to stay in place. Even with super glue if I fished several hours with one jig it would end up eyeless by the time I was ready to leave. Now I use a dab of superglue gel to hold the eye temporarily, then let it set for a minute or two. Once the superglue has set, I squeeze Duco over the top. It seals the edges and prevents water from getting under the eye. The Duco dries hard and clear, and the eyes never come off.

I transfer a little of the the Duco into a 3/4 ounce plastic squeeze bottle with a steel needle tip and thin it until it flows easily. This gives me much better control than the tube. If you go this route, make sure you get a bottle that will hold up to acetone! Bottles made of LDPE are a good choice.

Duco is about 35% acetone and it can be thinned with acetone almost to the consistency of water. If it starts to thicken, just add more acetone. Nail polish remover is made from acetone, but you need to get one of the brands that is 100% acetone. A lot of them have moisturizers, fragrance, dyes and other junk in them that could react with the Duco. I had to throw out about 1/3rd of a tube after I used nail polish remover with other ingredients and it turned the Duco into a lumpy gel.

Redbarn Naturals Premium Grain-Free Cat Food - Beef Stew - 24x5.5oz
Redbarn Naturals Premium Grain-Free Cat Food - Beef Stew - 24x5.5oz
Offered by Greenfield Supply
Price: $32.00
3 used & new from $32.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Good ingredients and cats loved it, April 28, 2015
First the ingredients list, since the listing does not have them:

Beef, Beef Broth, Vegetable Broth, Beef Pizzle, Beef Liver, Dried Egg Whites, Natural Flavors, Potato Starch, Flaxseed, Calcium Carbonate, Carrots, Guar Gum, Salmon Oil, Lecithin, Broccoli, Cranberries, Salt, Sodium Tripolyphosphate, Taurine, Dicalcium Phosphate, Potassium Chloride, Choline Chloride, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Magnesium Proteinate, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Iodate, Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Niacin Supplement (Vitamin B3), Vitamin E Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Riboflavin Supplement (Vitamin B2), Biotin (Vitamin B7), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin D2 Supplement, Folic Acid (Vitamin B9).

Guaranteed Analysis:

Crude Protein: 8.5% Min.
Crude Fat: 4% Min.
Crude Fiber: .5% Max.
Moisture: 82% Max.

One other thing : From the picture on the can I was expecting pate, but it's actually bits in gravy. The cats didn't seem to mind.

I have two cats, a 6-year-old male and 11-year-old female. I live in a small town and there are no stores nearby that sell quality cat food. Only thing I can find locally are grocery store brands with garbage ingredients like Friskies and 9 Lives. The senior female is allergic to some of the ingredients in cheap cat foods, so I was thrilled to find this on Amazon Prime. I haven't tried this brand, but the ingredients list looked good and the price per can was great compared to a lot of other grain-free foods so I decided to give it a shot.

Both cats polished off their bowls in record time. I was surprised because the male almost never finishes his food all in one sitting. He eats a little bit, then wanders off and comes back later. Sometimes it takes him 3 or 4 trips to the bowl to finish everything. It bothers me to leave wet food sitting out growing bacteria, but he won't eat food that's been refrigerated. Plus the older cat would eat both bowls and balloon up into a furry piglet if she could, so I have to feed them in separate rooms. Which means getting up and opening the door for him multiple times a day. Anything that he wants to eat all in one sitting gets a thumbs up from me!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 30, 2016 5:04 AM PDT

SONGMICS Faux Leather Folding Storage Ottoman Cube Foot Rest Stool Seat 14 7/8" Brown ULSF10B
Offered by Songmics Direct
Price: $22.99
2 used & new from $21.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect storage solution, April 28, 2015
I don't have room for a normal end table next to my recliner love seat, so I bought this. It's short enough that I can work the recliner control buttons on the side I keep the remotes, extra video game controllers and cat toys/grooming supplies inside. The top serves as a table for drinks as I watch TV. Very sturdy and easy to put together. It was inexpensive, but doesn't look cheap. Very happy with the purchase.

InterDesign Contour Kitchen Sink Protector Mat, Black
InterDesign Contour Kitchen Sink Protector Mat, Black
Price: $10.48
5 used & new from $8.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Back in black, April 20, 2015
I have a white porcelain sink, but a lot of the reviews mentioned the material gets stained so I decided to buy two in black. They fit the bottom of the sink well, though I wish it had a hole in the middle for the disposal and drain. I might cut the mats to make one. They did smell REALLY strongly for a day or two, but after that the smell went away. I have been using them for about three weeks and so far no problems with staining, smells or mold. They're really easy to clean too. Just wish the company offered a sink saddle in a matching color.

Kijaro Dual Lock Folding Chair (Maldives Blue)
Kijaro Dual Lock Folding Chair (Maldives Blue)
Price: $29.99
8 used & new from $25.49

4.0 out of 5 stars My fishing chair, March 24, 2015
This review is from: Kijaro Dual Lock Chair (Sports)
I have had one of these chairs for about four years. I am on my second one.

The first chair broke a pin in the seat. When it collapsed, it broke the crosspiece in the back. I got a free replacement from the manufacturer under the lifetime warranty. Not sure if they still have that.

After about two years, the same thing happened to the replacement. This time I was able to fix it with a stainless steel nut and bolt from the hardware store. It's stronger than before, but I expect the other side will go eventually so I saved some extra.

Other than that, my only complaint is the locking mechanism got somewhat fiddly on both chairs. It does still work, but I have to play around to find the hole.

It is more durable than your standard folding chair, but if you're a heavy person count on replacing some of the hardware eventually.

On the upside, I was able to fit a rod holder designed to mount on a round boat rail onto one of the legs. I can put one rod in the holder and hang onto the second one.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14